H5 Playlog

[spoiler=Chapter 22]Units Deployed: Marth, Cain, Ogma, Barts, Lena, Shiida, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Minerva, Jake, Beck, Xane

General Notes: Take out those fortify curates ASAP, they can be a pain. Make sure to save the starlight village as well. If you like Ballista, pick up some more ammo in the shop here.

Another relatively easy chapter, the enemies kind of come in waves, so they are easy to take care of.

pHbTf.png

8DmIV.png

see Palla is way better than Catria now :B):

8DmIV.png

On turn 8, dudes will come out of the rightmost fort in the left group, and the middle fort of the right group of forts (if that made any sense). Cover them up!

8DmIV.png

These guys can keep poking away at stationary enemies, they brought down a peg and dracoknight alongwith the curates.

oQ7rS.png

The Macedonian army will just charge you head on, take care of them on the PP. I had them all gone by turn 6, without much issue. Michalis was the only remaining enemy. The Dracoknights can be tough, as they are pretty quick and durable, but nothing bows/Reglia/Excalibur can't handle.

2Ygw9.png

Obligitory get starlight if you want Falchion post (although I might have rather held onto the spheres...)

2sj1S.png

Michalis is a really weak boss. Anybody with Reglia can easily take him out.

BwOFd.png

Fitting, isn't it?

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Chapter 23]Units Deployed: Marth, Cain, Barts, Lena, Shiida, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Jake, Beck, Xane

General Notes: Bring Pure waters. Lots of them. Swarm is annoying, Thoron!Reinforcements are obnoxious, and Gharnef... is actually kind of a pussy. Also, it might be a good idea for marth to go grab the treasure or something, while all your other units fight.

AHv0u.png

Your Class B dudes and dudes that don't reclass won't appreciate these guys very much. Class A Guys and gals can reclass to Pallies and throw up some pure water, and take 12 damage or so, which is still annoying, as it takes a few turns to reach them in the first place, then you have to go through a bunch of other hard hitters...

9Uhdh.pngp2vhb.png1FyVN.png

3 Gharnefs (ironically, all with different stats), which one is real? Use the starting savepoint and use the geosphere to find out. If you're having extreme difficulty with this chapter in particular, Use all three Geosphere uses here, you'll knock everything out except the fake Gharnefs (and the real one) and the physical units. I recommend saving it though.

vjyaN.png

Wendall's mad he didn't get all my spirit dusts

ResYM.png

On the trek up to the top, everyone except Palla used a pure water, and she tanked hits and healed them off with Gradivus. This way, everyone is healthy when they reach the top.

QmOXM.png

turn 7, reinforcements show up.all with thoron. Be careful.

wW9Kk.png

Xane!Lena is good here, since one can fortify at the start of a turn, and the other can fortify at the end if nescessary.

qBsHb.png

On turn 9, I just bumrushed all the enemies, (the real Gharnef was in the top left, btw) with my load of paladins, and fortify'd them up to ready them for the EP, which was pretty tame.I also lured the swarm guy with Beck and his 0 res

y5Vua.png

Xane for top tier for blowing up Gharnef

That is a critical, hahaha

yrEUC.png

The secret shop back here sells master seals if you need anymore, which is doubtful. Either kill Gharnef or be gone by turn 15, or else more Thoron dudes show up. Now, shit gets real in the final two chapters.

UNIT     CLASS            LEVEL    HP  ST  SK  SP  LC  DF  RS  WEP LEVEL
MARTH    LORD             13.10    28  10  06  12  15  09  00  C SWORD
SHIIDA   PALADIN       12/11.18    39  11  19  25  25  12  06  A LANCE E SWORD
CAIN     PALADIN       16/03.78    35  14  15  20  11  16  06  B LANCE C SWORD
OGMA     HERO          16/03.90    41  16  18  20  10  12  03  A SWORD E AXE
BARST    HERO          16/09.31    42  23  27  21  17  13  03  A AXE D SWORD
LENA     SAGE          20/07.72    25  21  13  14  20  05  18  A STAFF C TOME
HARDIN   PALADIN       15/05.62    34  15  19  20  07  13  07  A LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/11.56    30  11  04  14  05  05  07  A TOME B STAFF
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT   ??/05.83    25  10  09  15  07  15  03  A AXE C LANCE
JAKE     SHOOTER          11.29    23  07  06  04  09  17  00  BALLISTAE
BECK     SHOOTER          14.49    29  10  08  08  10  16  00  BALLISTAE
CATRIA   PALADIN       13/04.35    33  12  17  21  11  15  07  B LANCE E AXE
PALLA    PALADIN       15/06.96    42  23  21  25  06  17  09  A LANCE E AXE

Edited by General Horace

*sees Horace posting*

/spamming F5

I actually need to beat the chapters and come up with insightful writeups first!

Push f5 in maybe, half an hour, and Chapter 24 might exist.

i bet you thought this was chapter 24

Edited by General Horace

[spoiler=Chapter 24]almost there

Units Deployed: Marth, Cain, Ogma, Barts, Lena, Shiida, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Minerva, Jake, Beck, Xane, Tiki

General Strategy: This chapter, depending on how you play it, can be very hard, or quite easy. Seemingly endless reinforcement will cause you a ton of grief.

Unless you kill the boss first. Wyrmslayer/Dragonpike Forge is a must. Wyrmslayer is favoured since Swordmasters can actually, you know, double.

GvoCD.png

In case you have a shortage of dragonslaying weapons, the shop here sells them. Convenient, yes?

kkx7s.png

Palla is carrying a +7 MT Wyrmslayer Forge. I had money to burn. She can easily ORKO the boss, and with a few strength procs, she'll be able to OHKO some Manaketes.

FRRFm.png

If you want the Aum Staff, make sure to kill this dude first.

lYKB5.png

All the mage dragons on the map actually have 24 AS....

lD2Rt.png

and firestone manaketes have 26.

GdJFh.png

Even base Tiki is a nuke in endgame with all the dragons here. All you need for this strategy is a good Swordmaster, a unit that can live through a brave bow from the sniper, and Tiki herself. I send Ogma as my 3rd unit. These three can more or less solo the whole map with Ballista support from above, while holed up i nthe bosses area.

n4cHZ.png

Also note that Tiki is pretty good against mage dragons thanks to their poor attack and Tiki's huge res. Just like any manakete throughout the series I guess.

SrELR.png

In this formation, an offscreen sniper will attack Ogma, the other sniper will attack Palla, and Tiki will be safe. None of the other manaketes have really started moving yet.

SrELR.png

Tiki still gets utterly destroyed by physical units when she's underlevelled like this however. Chip with a ballista or warp some other unit down to help if you don't like ballista.

SaJgt.png

Secret shop is down here. Arms scrolls and such exist here, as do all the durability increasing statboosters. Pick them up if you have cash to spare.

before seizing here, make sure to have Marth grab the aum staff, and repair your forges/reglia for endgame. You'll need them.

this is it

ENDGAME

i'm running out of stuff to type while i wait for all the images to upload

[spoiler=ENDGAME]Units Deployed: Marth, Cain, Ogma, Barts, Lena, Shiida, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Minerva, Jake, Beck, Xane, Tiki

General Notes: Don't be afraid to blow forges here! Be careful! Use the Geosphere wisely! Block enemy spawn points! Use strategy to win! Don't leave anyone with less than 27 speed in front of Medeus!

paOIE.png

If you thought the braves in past chapters bad, these ones are worse. (hint, the other ones weren't bad at all)

These guys have +4 MT +20 Hit. Medeus must have 5 starred funds, affording all these forges for his units.

B6PeP.png

Gotoh is pretty good himself, but it's his equipment, namely the Swarm tome and fortify staff that make him excellent to have around in endgame.

6sGOs.png

Medeus is fucking terrifying.

Marth is cleanly ORKO'd by him if he caps everything (what the fuck IS) with his 50 attack, and any unit that does not have more than 26 speed (or if they have less, they need 60HP/26 def to survive). He's even more of an ass in FE12.

I can't math

sHYNp.png

Cue Geosphere strategy

Use once, fortify, use again, fortify, use again, fortify, and the enemy fortify curates are dead and all the enemy units are in KO range. (Except Medeus)

Fun Fact: In Normal mode, you can kill every singe enemy unit on the map except Medeus this way, except for a general that will live with 1 HP. Talk about broken!

cIZHH.png

In my case, Lena had to be the last user of Fortify, because otherwise, she would have been killed.

Ee2bV.png

I just want to point out that this guy hits like a motherfucker.

UQR4u.png

... But your biggest issue are these guys. Make sure they are dead on turn 1. It makes like a helluva lot easier. Uncounterable 42 attack hurts a lot.

RSVPv.png

I chose to clump Xane, and the ballisticians together here. One might think it's a bad idea, but they can certainly defend themselves well enough. And they are in prime location to pick off the other two ballistas on turn 1.

4lep0.png

See, these braves hurt a lot. Like ORKO hurt. More of my units here were ORKO'd by them then weren't, by a large margin. I think only Palla could live them cleanly actually, and Ogma and Barst could when at WTA.

bkJ1x.png

I decided to show the next few turns unit by unit. This is the start of turn 2. As seen in above shot, Shiida can't finish this guy, so ballista weaken it for her.

TnHSk.png

ok some of these require no explanation, so i'm just gonna post the shots.

lBsuL.png

EORG4.png

I gave Barst an arms scroll so he could use the Wyrmslayer. Turns out he didn't really need it. Oh well!

4SeY8.png

Lena was warped over here by Wendall since Catria fell 1 strength short of finishing the dracoknight.

Ndirm.png

mTnRM.png

ballista tag team the pally.

Em7jE.png

upSzU.png

3Yv7n.png

3Yv7n.png

Have this starcase covered up on turn 4, or else something bad that wants to kill you pops out of it.

10JwX.png

Lena warps Ogma out so he can help. He never really did though.

BGeo1.png

gO4nP.png

WoLRa.png

Make sure to have these two staircases covered as well. One of them spawns another 42 attack ballista, and the other spawns a manakete! Keep these two and the other one Catria covered for the rest of the chapter.

0rcoR.png

yeNVp.png

(d'oh I missed)

6hhLR.png

fqF8V.pngPm6Jy.png

On turn 5, lots of enemies start pouring out of these forts.

EodUR.png

adGXh.png

AbBs4.png

I forgot to move him ok

ilgzx.png

Tiki is clearly not Human

Although Palla did half of the job I guess

Unit analysis in the next post, I would have broken the image limit!

I hope you guys understood how I beat endgame by the screenshots, it is a difficult chapter.

Edited by General Horace

[spoiler=Unit Analysis]Unit Analysis!

Now in Alphabetical order since that's how they popped out of imgur

sKabK.png

Abel... just didn't work out. He's a good guy, and I like using him, but statistically, he just didn't cut it.

Grade: C

dlH1u.png

Barst was a beast.

Grade: A+

fqL7q.png

hahaha I love Beck's ending... He was extremely useful throughout the game, a bit moreso than Jake due to him hitting more often early on and getting a level lead

Grade: B+

NOBMF.png

Cain was dependable all game, nothing more. It doesn't take much to turn him into a gamebreaker though, I easily could have made him one.

Grade: B

jr9jN.png

sux

But really, her base strength is a pretty deep rut to dig herself out of. Good growths though.

Grade: C+

aMjLF.png

Another guy that just didn't work out. For some reason he didn't like proc'ing speed, and never got doubling.

Grade: D+

lDnqd.png

He helped out immensely in midgame, then became merely dependable. I think he one upped Cain, so i'll reflect that.

eWLtF.png

He was like beck except he didn't hit as hard due to level deficit.

Grade: B

LcZUC.png

Absolutely amazing through chapter 10, then merely dependable for the next few, before fading into obscurity.

pmcgO.png

I don't particularly like Lena, but there's no doubt she was a key player here, especially lategame.

Grade: A+

2AEt4.png

hahaha he killed Camus

z9orO.png

Failed speciman #3. I was just too lazy to raise him

Grade: D

x2GPi.png

She actually really surprised me, she was a good unit until the braves started to show up. If only she had slightly better bases (especially HP, and maybe C Lances)

Grade: B-

SnfJc.png

Great early on, above average from there on out.

Grade: A-

YJpyR.png

Any unit with competant growths can become amazing.

Grade: A

(note: this could have just as easily been Catria before people start getting angry)

mqbAw.png

Absolutely amazing

Grade: A++

FRu6g.png

Did stuff in the last couple chapters and finished Medeus

RPFJF.png

I remember first seeing Wendall the first time I played this game and I thought "Bench"

Never again, rock on bro

e8vpX.png

Useful in every single chapter.

fCkD5.png

Thanks to everyone who followed this run, and commented and such.

It looks like FE6 won, so that is the next playthrough I will do! I'll start a topic and throw up a few polls regarding routes and units and such. Actually units won't come until later on unless I get really motivated and start tonight.

I'll also fix up the OP of this topic so each chapter is easily accessable from there.