Metal Sonic Hyperdrive

UnlockableCharacter

MetalSonicHyperdrive.png

metalsonichyperdrivev10.pnghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0vFYHpkZQI

metalsonichyperdrivev10.pngmetalsonichyperdrivev10.pngmetalsonichyperdrivev10.pngmetalsonichyperdrivev10.pngmetalsonichyperdrivev10.pngmetalsonichyperdrivev10.png

Download:

http://www.4shared.c...ve_Ver10_I.html

Note:

Patch to clean Sonic 1 rom (REV00, the one with no moving clouds) with ".bin" as the extension or else, it may not work.

you need a Sega Genesis/Megadrive emulator like Kega Fusion or Gens+.

A Full hack of Sonic the Hedgehog 1, with tons of Features, Brand New Levels, Playable Characters, and more. is already a whole new game. also works with Real Hardware. (thanks to robivy64)

Credits:

Vladikcomper - Destroy Enemy = Ring code (only for Somari)

Hcktrox - Menu and Music

Nineko - Music

CS and Yuski - Metal Sonic Sprites

Quricodoido - few Music

GHFusion - Chaotix Music

Mercury - Editable Walljump sourcecode

Esrael - S2 Level Select

MarkeytheJester - Sonic Crackers Music

Selbi - Super Peelout

Tweaker - Sound Driver

Edited by Darkon360

May I say this? Since no one posted here I figured I should.

Congratulations for a great job, really. :o The gameplay for this is very good, you made a 20 years old game shine brighter than their continuations with these. The new content is pretty sweet, honestly, having playable characters like that is pretty wicked, the songs work very well, and the fact you guys factored it to work on real hardware makes it even sweeter. :o

Honestly, you guys should be proud of this hack, it is quite a grand work, a true show of what a hack can be. Clean execution and sweet gameplay. :) Thanks for posting it here for us, and for giving me something to play in my summer vacation. :3

I agree with Ryrumeli, this is rather fun and I can obviously see all the hard work you guys put into this! Any chance of extra updates in the future?

Edited by SagginPhobia

Thanks Guys! I mostly worked on this myself alone since March 2010 when my internet got cut off till a year later. I asked most of the people for Menu and Music. the important things. would't done it without them. and the hardest part about the hack is making the Level Design, It took days to make sure every layout is perfect or better. learning the coding through Trial and Error and Spriting is what makes it fun for me to complete the project, and I enjoyed it.

I don't know about another update. this version is possibly the Last one (Full). i'm out of ideas except add Extra Zones (levels) which will be a huge pain the ass, due to editing the Collision, Level Order, Music Order, and Use one of the original Sonic 1 Levels as a Template. so maybe, there won't be any update for a long time. (or never)

Edited by Darkon360