Secret Santa?

Popo

As promised, here are the official rules for the Secret Santa Exchange! ^__^

Rules

1. Please send me your wishlist via PM by no later than December 3rd. I will send assignments out the following day. :3

2. Gifts are due on December 24th/25th. If you're going to be late, please let me know~!

3. When you fill out your wishlist, each of the three requests should encompass a different FE game. This is just in case the person drawing/writing for you hasn't played your favorite game.

4. I will send you someone else's wishlist, from which you will pick one prompt that you would like to do.

4. Guidelines for Art: Due to time constraints, if you only have time for a black-and-white drawing, that's okay. Just make sure that your work is detailed and clean.

5. Guidelines for Written Entries: A minimum of 300 words is required. Feel free to go above and beyond this limit. >W<

6. If you want to back-out, please tell me ASAP! If you would like to be a back-up, in case someone bails at the last minute, let me know. Essentially, you'll be volunteering to possibly dO a second entry. You'll be given a generous time extension if it comes to this.

--

If you're interested, please fill out this form!

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Request 1[/b]
[b]Character(s)/Pairing(s):[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

[b]Request 2[/b]

[b]Request 3[/b]

[b]Any other information:[/b]

--

Potential Santas:

1. Kiryn- Wishlist Received

2. Chalis - Wishlist Received

3. eclipse - Wishlist Received

4. Iris - Wishlist Received

5. Freohr Datia - Wishlist Received

6. Ballin' Holyn - Wishlist Received

7. seph1212 - Wishlist Received

8. Furetchen - Wishlist Received, Back-Up

9. Kam - Wishlist Received

10. Luminescent Blade - Wishlist Received

11. Ether - Wishlist Received

12. Lux Aeterna - Wishlist Received

13. Stolypin Necktie - Wishlist Received

14. Amelia - Wishlist Received

15. Nightmare - Wishlist Received

16. Makl - Wishlist Received

Back-Up Only

1. Balcerzak

3. ...

Edited by Popo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, I already joined a fire emblem secret Santa on dA. you're too late now to join there though.

I realize that. Both times I participated, I got stiffed, so I no longer want to participate in their events. ;3

Edit: Oops. Wrong group. XD FE-Club is a good place. I think the other group must have had a similar name. >o<

1. I write.

2. I am NOT familiar with FE4/5. Will this screw me over?

No problem. :3 I'll try to match participants with those who have similar wishlists.

Next question: What's a prompt?

It's a request for a certain type of plot or idea. Here's an example of what I might fill out:

Request 1

Character(s)/Pairing(s): Eliwood/Fiora

Prompt: The time leading up to their engagement. :3 I just read a support conversation the other day that says Eliwwod traveled all the way to Ilia to bring back her favorite flower. More on that please? >w<

Edited by Popo

Daugh, just found out what my studio final is going to be. I may not be able to do this after all.

Noooo... D:

If it helps, I'm going to be pretty loose with the deadline and the quality. :3 If all you have time to produce is an amazing sketch or piece of lineart, that'll be acceptable. (In that case, all I ask for is detail and neatness.)

I realize that. Both times I participated, I got stiffed, so I no longer want to participate in their events. ;3

do you mean you didn't get anything in return? If it is the "fireemblem-club" you were in, they now ban everyone who didn't make anything in the past.

and how does doing this here make the chances of not getting anything any smaller?

Awesome idea, Popo~! :3

and how does doing this here make the chances of not getting anything any smaller?

Eh, I'm guessing that since we're a smaller community, it helps; most of us know each other personally, too, so if one of us doesn't give anything to anyone, it'll be easy to turn the whole community against you. Besides, we all like each other here, right~? :3

Goddammit, I'd participate but I have about three bajillion requests and an anniversary present to boot on top of finals. @____@ Maybe next year~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. >:

Stupid Trent.

I definitely want to sign up for this~as a writer, since, my art skills are nonexistent! SchoolworkQQ

Edited by Iris

If I say I want pinkie pie and this thingy made it so that names of who you're drawing/writing for weren't revealed that would be a dead giveaway anyway XD

I'd really like to do this (not as a writer since I always end up making stories reeeeaaaaaaalllllll long and I'd never finish XD) but I'm not entirely sure if I'd have as much time as I would want. I still wanna try though. I procrastinate with finals all the time anyway and that's really all that would get in the way.

Oh also I'll find out the list of what I want later since I've gotta go noooowww =o

Edited by Freohr Datia

do you mean you didn't get anything in return? If it is the "fireemblem-club" you were in, they now ban everyone who didn't make anything in the past.

Erm, don't misunderstand me. I'm not setting up Secret Santa on SF as some sort of retaliation against the dA group that does it every year, and I'm in no way saying that the risk of not getting a a gift is minimized simply by doing it here. It's just for fun, and it's just a way to pump some life into the Creative board. A fandom can have more than one event. ;3

And yes, I didn't receive a gift either time. >o<

Edited by Popo

Erm, don't misunderstand me. I'm not setting up Secret Santa on SF as some sort of retaliation against the dA group that does it every year, and I'm in no way saying that the risk of not getting a a gift is minimized simply by doing it here. It's just for fun, and it's just a way to pump some life into the Creative board. A fandom can have more than one event. ;3

And yes, I didn't receive a gift either time. >o<

that's some real bad luck there.

well, good luck on getting enough people for this, I hope you get something this year! ^^

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

The official rules are up. If you've already sent me your wishlist, please double-check the new rules to ensure that your wishlist is correct. In particular, each of the three requests you ask for need to be from different FE games, just in case the person drawing for you hasn't played your favorite game. :3

A'IGHT

I'm doing this.

Popo, sign me up! ' 3'

I'm under the assumption that the template you posted in the OP is the thing we're supposed to fill out and send you.

Also, I don't draw, I sprite. Is that acceptable? If so, please don't think that a hindrance towards me if I were to get someone like Crash as my sendee. I'd still do my best to sprite whatever was asked. Sure it'll be tough as balls but still. Only saying that so you aren't afraid to pair me with some of the more intricate requests.

If you could answer my questions that'd be greeeaaaaat~

A'IGHT

I'm doing this.

Popo, sign me up! ' 3'

I'm under the assumption that the template you posted in the OP is the thing we're supposed to fill out and send you.

Also, I don't draw, I sprite. Is that acceptable? If so, please don't think that a hindrance towards me if I were to get someone like Crash as my sendee. I'd still do my best to sprite whatever was asked. Sure it'll be tough as balls but still. Only saying that so you aren't afraid to pair me with some of the more intricate requests.

If you could answer my questions that'd be greeeaaaaat~

Yay~! To answer your question, yes, please fill out the form in the first post and send it to me. I'm going to try to pair spriters with other spriters, if possible. If it doesn't work out like that, I'll try my best to find a solution. :3

@ Furetchen: If you could PM me your wishlist and remove it from your post, that would be super! >w<

Edited by Popo