A minor sketch.

buttmuncher.ops

Last night I played a few chapters of FE12 and then planned to have a cigarette => go to bed but I got caught up in listening to my iTunes shuffle for track ideas for my first mix. It was very dark and as I played around with my Colibri torch lighter while sampling music the light caught it and reflected it in a few ways so I could see scratches on the metal from many many years of use (I bought it in high school). The scratches made a peculiar form and I wanted to document them so I copied them onto an index card. I then proceeded to connect / fill in the spaces as my instincts told me to and this was the end result.

scan0001.jpg

The bottom right is my pathetic attempt at an eye inspired by Stephen King's "Crimson King" character, but the rest is the sketch from the scratches on the lighter. I have lots of weird dreams / thoughts / psychosis (this may or may not be evident to you when you talk to me) and I cannot really explain this sketch since I've never drawn anything original worth mentioning. At early stages it looked like one of those pictures a psychiatrist would hold up and ask you what you thought it looked like so they could jot it down in their notebook but after completing it the way my instincts told me to I'm not so sure.

You're welcome to critique / comment but I'm probably not going to be drawing enough on a regular basis to care. I'm more interested in your interpretation of what you think it is / origin though.

Thanks for reading =)