Fire Emblem 5-8, 11 0% growth patches

dondon151

I never figured that anyone would really want to play 0% growths, so I've kept the ROM edits all to myself. After all, it only takes about 10 minutes to get Nightmare and edit the growths on one's own.

But some people are lazy like that! So why the hell not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaqqaddntc095m7/Fire%20Emblem%200%25%20growths%20patch%20collection.zip?dl=1

This archive contains 0% growth edits for:

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (J) (ROM)
Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi (J)
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (U)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (U)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (U)

Use NUPS or another UPS patcher to patch the SNES and GBA ROMs.
Use xdelta to patch the NDS ROM.

Notes:
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 is the ROM version, not the NP version. I don't know whether it should have a header or not.
Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi should be compatible with the widely available translation patch.

FE5 also has scroll growths set to 0%. They still block criticals.

If you have questions about patching... please don't ask me. If you notice anything wrong, please do tell me, because I didn't test these patches out. That takes too long.

Edited by dondon151

A patching tutorial can be found with the Ultimate Tutorial (to know how to patch).

Just curious, did you use Nightmare for Shadow Dragon? ANd I wonder if it'd be possible to make a 0% growths one for Heroes of Light and Shadow, despite how crazy whack the system is. Alas, if only I could just set some value to "0" and have things my way, life would be easy. >____>

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

If you notice anything wrong, please do tell me, because I didn't test these patches out. That takes too long.

They're taken directly from the ROMs you did your playthroughs with, right? So I think that makes pretty thorough testing of the ROMs themselves. The only thing you could really have messed up is the patch creation, which honestly is hard to do if you're using something like NUPS.

Anyway, thanks! I suspect you underestimate the demand. ;)

The thing is that I didn't have the clean ROMs, so I had to go find them and download them. I also have like 14 Fire Emblem folders spread across 2 different versions of VBA and it's somewhat likely that I could have clicked on the wrong folders.

if it helps, I've confirmed that they are correctly set up as 0% growths (GBA games). I'm testing out DS ones in a few minutes (after it finished downloading)

Edited by Elieson

• 2 weeks later...