Bringing new life to that which needs it

Elieson

You all know my fandom over Gheb. I can't explain it either, but it's there.

Anyhow, I've attempted to sprite him. I'd like to enter it in Luminescent Blade's sprite competition, but this being my first sprite, I'd like some critique on it.

6Nk6u.jpg

I know I need to work on the shading of the collar, but other than that, I'm liking it.

Any other advice? (Building in Photoshop btw)

Any other advice? (Building in Photoshop btw)

Don't use Gheb if you want definable hum proportions. It seems like it'd be hard to get gheb splices wrong, or right. Also, the horizontal plates look odd. and the inside of the horizontal plate doesn't look like it should be that cloth color on the inside. I like the mustache.

Thats pretty damn hilarious, especially for nice simple splice.

About that critique, it feels like his head is closer to the near shoulder (his lef,t our right) and need to be more centers. About the collar, don't make it so stiff. Think that straight vertical and horizontal lines don't exist, because they really don't when drawing shapes thats aren't man made, even in stiff material.

I would say more but I'm spleeoy and its a pretty clean splice already.

Edit: I started the post hours ago and finished it at the time we all see. Didn't realized that was supposed to be a metal collar, cause it doesn't look like its connected to the armor. For the collar to be that far out away from thk necl I would imagine they would be connected to the shoulderpads or something.

Edited by Khrene Cleaver

**Editted Version**

385pO.jpg

Also, the horizontal plates look odd. and the inside of the horizontal plate doesn't look like it should be that cloth color on the inside. I like the mustache.

By Horizontal plates, are you talking about the outside of the collar?

And Thanks to the moustache~

Thats pretty damn hilarious, especially for nice simple splice.

About that critique, it feels like his head is closer to the near shoulder (his lef,t our right) and need to be more centers. About the collar, don't make it so stiff. Think that straight vertical and horizontal lines don't exist, because they really don't when drawing shapes thats aren't man made, even in stiff material.

I would say more but I'm spleeoy and its a pretty clean splice already.

Edit: I started the post hours ago and finished it at the time we all see. Didn't realized that was supposed to be a metal collar, cause it doesn't look like its connected to the armor. For the collar to be that far out away from thk necl I would imagine they would be connected to the shoulderpads or something.

Thanks~

Does that seem to fix the collar issue some? I think it still needs improvement, but I want to make sure that I'm on the right path.

And no, it's not connected to the armor, it's more like an undershirt.

Gheb's neck is massive.

Make the 'stach curly. :p Also the angle of the 'stach is off a little.

Haven't touched the 'stache yet. That'll be my tweak after I figure out this collar issue.