• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gareth said:

So I was wondering if anyone else reading this had some bad experience with their first FE game, haha.

Can't say I did. I started with FE7 (an actually good game i haven't played Shadow Dragon all the way through) and read about some basic strategies before getting very into the game. Sounds like you had one heck of a time though.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Can't say I did. I started with FE7 (an actually good game i haven't played Shadow Dragon all the way through) and read about some basic strategies before getting very into the game. Sounds like you had one heck of a time though.

You could say so... I literally don't get how New Mystery of the Emblem can be so much better than it's prequel.

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

You could say so... I literally don't get how New Mystery of the Emblem can be so much better than it's prequel.

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

You learn from the mistakes you made the first time, I guess.

Consider also that Shadow Dragon is a remake of the very first game that does very little to update the chapter design (or so I'm told), so the maps were designed by people who effectively had no experience. Mystery of the Emblem is a remake of the third game, and two previous games is a monumental increase in experience with map design as compared to zero previous games.

Consider also that Shadow Dragon is a remake of the very first game that does very little to update the chapter design (or so I'm told), so the maps were designed by people who effectively had no experience. Mystery of the Emblem is a remake of the third game, and two previous games is a monumental increase in experience with map design as compared to zero previous games.

That's actually quite funny you mention that. I really didn't mind SD's lack of graphical insight, nor its kinda dull colours. 

For me it was the barebones game that came with it. It started out strong and turned into a recipe for disaster. Like at some point, I didn't even care about my units dying as other than the single line they've probably had, there is zero character development that came with them and nothing for me to get attached to or reset the game for.

1 minute ago, Gareth said:

That's actually quite funny you mention that. I really didn't mind SD's lack of graphical insight, nor its kinda dull colours. 

For me it was the barebones game that came with it. It started out strong and turned into a recipe for disaster. Like at some point, I didn't even care about my units dying as other than the single line they've probably had, there is zero character development that came with them and nothing for me to get attached to or reset the game for.

Ah, my mistake. I meant to say the way the things on the maps had been placed. Enemies, terrain, you know, "level design" but with the chapters. But yeah, the character element presumably got better by then too? I haven't played New Mystery.

Personally, I don't mind SD still remained a bit bare-bones. Sure, could've been done more than just an almost straight remake, but having tried SD, I can't say I had a bad experience with it.

Then again, these days I'm not overly critical with a lot of things... except perhaps SRW, my passion for it will never diminish!

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I don't mind SD still remained a bit bare-bones. Sure, could've been done more than just an almost straight remake, but having tried SD, I can't say I had a bad experience with it.

Then again, these days I'm not overly critical with a lot of things... except perhaps SRW, my passion for it will never diminish!

Oh hi Acacia, how ya doing?

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oh hi Acacia, how ya doing?

Eh, somewhat fine these days. About to graduate in a few months from my career. It's the worst case of pressure and leasure I've ever been...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, somewhat fine these days. About to graduate in a few months from my career. It's the worst case of pressure and leasure I've ever been...

Will things presumably be a bit better after the graduating?

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I suppose it depends on what sort of job I get into once I do. Once classes are done with, there's still a sort of closure period where I have to do like about 600 hours of a work of my choice, related to my career at least. It's basically the school helping us with a transitional period as well. Not that it has to match, or it's a guarantee the place you choose to work at will hire you once you properly graduate, but eh, it's still something...

Problem is, I still have no clear idea on what I want to work at/with once I graduate... you'd think after 10 years I'd have chosen something...

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I suppose it depends on what sort of job I get into once I do. Once classes are done with, there's still a sort of closure period where I have to do like about 600 hours of a work of my choice, related to my career at least. It's basically the school helping us with a transitional period as well. Not that it has to match, or it's a guarantee the place you choose to work at will hire you once you properly graduate, but eh, it's still something...

Problem is, I still have no clear idea on what I want to work at/with once I graduate... you'd think after 10 years I'd have chosen something...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah man choosing sucks.

Well, I hope that your transition period and career picking go over smoothly and have a desirable result.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah man choosing sucks.

Well, I hope that your transition period and career picking go over smoothly and have a desirable result.

Yeah, I hope so too.

5 minutes ago, Breezy Kanzaki said:

You too Acacia how are you

Mostly fine. Though I wish I could sleep more.

6 minutes ago, Breezy Kanzaki said:

oh wow Anon ur still around

how's it going

Less so "still around" an more so "came back." But doing pretty well, how about you?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I hope so too.

I'm sure that will be the case.

Less so "still around" an more so "came back." But doing pretty well, how about you?

I'm sure that will be the case.

I've been doing my own things really

hardly come around here anymore but showed up cause stuff

1 minute ago, Breezy Kanzaki said:

I've been doing my own things really

hardly come around here anymore but showed up cause stuff

Ah, well that's neat. Hope that's been going well for you. Any particular stuff or just stuff?