• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

you're more likely to stop playing than you are to spend 8 hours on a chapter really. if you die to ambush spawns, that isn't a rewarding usage of your time if you make it 3/4 of the way through a chapter to die to something that you didn't see coming for example, yes it is an extraordinary example because ambush spawns are universally hated but there is a reason that they are so, even if you're likely to know about them the second time through. it is hard to be consistently perfect in strategy, and you will make some mistakes every map, and perhaps get very unlucky as well. In normal cases, this is why the mila turnwheel was in echoes.

it's probably more rewarding to actually let go of your perception that every character needs to live but no-one seems to want to do that when playing casually.

there's also the other side of being like me playing FE7 and using savestates despite classic being the only mode. The savestates are saving me "time", but there is no tension because I can simply reload after any death. Even if my strategies are sound throughout, there is probably at least some instances of this happening eventually depending on difficulty.

Edited by Edgelord

The tension is still there if you reset when units die. I play FE7 without save states and there is tension. I have to be carefull. If I’m not careful, I’m punished.

i rarely reset because I’m careful. I don’t understand what’s hard to get. There’s absoltely NO challenge in Fire Emblem on casual mode. NO challenge at all. It completely kills the game. It’s literally brain dead. You can play the game as if you were a literal retard and win. If play on classic and you reset when a unit dies, you’re adding more game over conditions. A game with more game over conditions is harder.

Edited by Nobody
Arguing about fire emblem makes me extremely angry

and i need to reload from savestate rarely, but the outcome is slightly different: you have to replay the entire chapter for what may just be one mistake, and I continue from midway through the chapter (in-game battle saves are another example).

no challenge is phoenix mode, you can at least still lose via lord dying in casual afaik

in fact, there is the same number of lose conditions, you are just imposing your own if you restart when your units die in classic. that's up to you.

technically, you could also restart if your units "die" in casual, because you lose them for the remainder of the chapter, but obviously the incentive to restart is much lower than permadeath, I can't deny that.

i don't care to play casual mode, i'm just playing devil's advocate. this is also not denying that casual mode is indeed easier because you don't need to worry about your not-lords getting critted, or just running them out into a group of enemies without worry.

Edited by Edgelord

this is why mila's turnwheel is a nice mechanic

because it's like playing casual mode on classic but not, and it's also optional.

it's also limited (though tbf it gives you more uses than necessary) and can't be exploited in the same way casual mode can be to overcome chapters (i.e throwing characters at the enemies even if they should "die") imo.

in general, I think mila's turnwheel is a better mechanic then casual mode.

Edited by Edgelord

it's cool, i'm never gonna be upset over fire emblem these days tbh

image.jpg

i kind of want serbia to come back so this tweet gloating over germany's departure will be sweet

The Champion's Curse is real... so does the Fifth Match one, depending on who we face for the next match. Pft, looking at the dates, it will fall on my birthday...

39 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I win.

Oh vaya, un connacional.