• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Edgelord said:

@Nobody, how do you feel?

mehkoto is boring.

Best girls are Ann, Kawakami, Takemi and Chihaya.

15 minutes ago, Renne Descartes said:

God are "people" who play gacha even conscious? Like, are their brain structures similar enough to the modern homo sapien so that we can actually call them "human"? It seems an affront to the idea of intelligent design to place the gacha player on the same level as mankind.

As a gacha player I agree. The worst part is that the worst my luck, the more I feel like spending money on it.

I'd say, sometimes I wonder if I should really keep writing my AH here, than somewhere more appropiate... but then I remember, those kind of places have kinda tired me out of them...

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, sometimes I wonder if I should really keep writing my AH here, than somewhere more appropiate... but then I remember, those kind of places have kinda tired me out of them...

What's an AH?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed
wait alternate history is that it?

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What's an AH?

Yes, it's Alternate History. I've been wanting to write something about it, which I've been doing, posting it here on Serenes. I've frequented Alternatehistory.net for quite a while, which is what inspired me, but posting it there... I don't really felt like to. Over time, the place just... started to bother me.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, it's Alternate History. I've been wanting to write something about it, which I've been doing, posting it here on Serenes. I've frequented Alternatehistory.net for quite a while, which is what inspired me, but posting it there... I don't really felt like to. Over time, the place just... started to bother me.

I see. Any particular reason for that which you are comfortable sharing?

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I see. Any particular reason for that which you are comfortable sharing?

Not sure. I'll just say that sometimes, you get to see too much of certain scenarios...

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"What if the Nazis won WW2?"

Hahaha, not that one. I don't think there is a lot of them there, come to think of it. One thing for sure, Operation Sealion is a taboo topic over there.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, not that one. I don't think there is a lot of them there, come to think of it. One thing for sure, Operation Sealion is a taboo topic over there.

Strange, I guess. I would assume that was popular, but maybe it's been overdone.

Do people get quite incensed on if it could have ever worked?

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Strange, I guess. I would assume that was popular, but maybe it's been overdone.

Do people get quite incensed on if it could have ever worked?

That I remember, yes, it's a very controversial topic to discuss. More so to argue if it could've worked.

That's the most prominent, but other stubjects tend to have also gained some infamy. Like ACW timelines involving British intervention, usually through the Trent Affair.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's the most prominent, but other stubjects tend to have also gained some infamy. Like ACW timelines involving British intervention, usually through the Trent Affair.

I see.

Tell me, do you see history as being more or less inevitable? Meaning, do you think that it would take extreme and radical changes for there to even be the possibility of significantly different outcomes?

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I see.

Tell me, do you see history as being more or less inevitable? Meaning, do you think that it would take extreme and radical changes for there to even be the possibility of significantly different outcomes?

No. History is too flexible, perhaps more than one may think. Many cases in history were things that happened in the one in a millionth chance or so. Enough cases that you can't deny them, in any case. That's a bit related to why the site began to bother me. Many topics springing up taking things for granted, ignoring or discarding that some things only happened by chance, and treat them as inevitabilities; and I'll not go further explaining that.

Who would want that, anyway...

I don't even remember when that started. I can only think 10 years ago since I know that at least for High SChool I woke up at 5AM to prepare and arrive on time... but now I'm not so sure if I didn't do that before that. I'd think not... I'd hope, at least...