• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

i legit really wish brazil had a parliamentary system of government.

I mean, president can't do much without congress anyway, and most of congress are sell outs who will join whoever is the president anyway... At least with a parliamentary system physiological parties would stop being so prevalent, and they'd at least have to stand for something to get votes (since in a parliamentary system, when voting for the congress you're also voting for the government) and people would pay attention on their votes for deputados.

presidentialism is bad imo

20 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I'm gonna be honest, people still don't pay much attention to regular legislators. 

It's just easier to have attention held by a figurehead.

The thing about Brazil is that unless you actively search for it, you won't know what your legislator cares for, because most of them will support whoever is in power. This isn't an issue in a parliamentary system because by voting in the legislator, you're voting for the government you want, so they at least stand for something their voters want.

Then there's the fact that many people don't know how voting works in Brazil, and there are crazy coligations. Like, you vote for a person, but you're actually voting for their party, but then you're actually voting for their coligations, which have parties with many different ideologies. But people think they're only voting for the person they voted for, rather than their party or their coligation (the members of the coligation with the most votes win, after the number of seats each coligation gets is calculated, dividing their votes by the total of votes).

I'll give you an exemple that happened in 2014 here in my city. PT was coligated with the PR, a conservative party. 2 members of the coligation were elected, Erika Kokay, a very socially progressive, very economic leftist person (and a hardcore Petista) and Bispo something (can't remember his name lol), an evangelical pastor who is extremely socially conservative and left PT's government as soon as their popularity dropped. By voting for someone from PT who wasn't Erika Kokay, for exemple, you ended up electing the conservative pastor, since he was the second most voted person in the coligation. The only thing those two have in common is that they're both awful.

Thankfully, coligations for proportional elections were forbidden, which fixes part of the problem, but parties with no ideology whatsoever who elect charismatic politicians who will join the government of whoever will still be a thing.

Edited by Nobody

really don't have much experience outside of brazil and san francisco but being able to hop on buses in SF without paying was rad

4 hours ago, Яei Яei said:

what is chiki

Chiki is a former member of this forum (he was banned), who is a self proclaimed intellectual (loved posting pictures of his degree in philosophy from an ivy league college or something like that) and "best fire emblem player in the world". He was known mainly for arguing some very weird stuff on SD (which later became clear was trolling) and for his low turn count runs of Fire Emblem games.

Among his topics you have

"Is it okay to eat dead babies?"
"Should prostitution and incestuous/polygamous/etc. marriages be legalized?"
"Camilla discussion thread"
"Why do women wear socks less?"
"Are you comfortable naked in front of others?"
"Is Obama a terrorist?"
"Obese Fire Emblem fanart"
"Lucina is the most beautiful girl"
"Tharja is a goddess"
"Tharja vs. Nowi"
"Do you sniff your own farts?"
"Would you mind sibling marriage?"

and of course the 5 year old incest topic that was bumped today with a very graphic post made by a new user, who I suspect was an alt account of Chiki himself.

Edited by Nobody
typoo

i believe he had an alt account on here around 10 years ago where he begged the mods not to ban him to my recollection because he started threatening people, and then broke down to them because he said his girlfriend was abusing him or some shit

I can't remember the exact details but I think he was allowed to make another account if that was the case

Edited by Tryhard

Someone told me he was banned (once more), but Idk for what.

From his latest posts I couldn't really say anything which justifies a punishment.

Honestly I wanted to make a thread for his tenth year membership in SerenesForest which happened last week.

Can't believe this guy spams this forum for more than a decade already.

Edited by Necrofantasia