• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me how there's going to be a recruitment drive for the National Guard over here.

I doubt I can qualify even if I wanted to... which I definitely don't.

While Brazil melts down over our dumbass Human Rights Minister, our Indians are already getting their lands invaded.

New governor of Rio de Janeiro: "We need our own Guatanamo".

if Brazil is a shithole, that state is a diarrheahole.

only place in Rio i've been to was the airport and it was already too much.

17 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

i found out this gaming douchebag i never liked is pretty much running a cult these days

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/athene-bachir-chiren-boumaaza.38535/

https://archive.vn/KPcIb

https://archive.vn/wWULD

it's good to see some things evolve

I just heard about kiwifarms the other day from down the rabbit hole's templeOS video

...you wouldn't happen to a member there, would you? I assume the DSP fandom(?) has a home there

11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Lmao starbucks is so obsessed with mispelling names, this time they managed to mispell Daniel as Danail

is that even a name?

I don't know why but my gut says that it's a Turkish name 

i do have an account but i posted like twice. i just lurk. i'm not even the biggest fan of the place considering it's just a little too brutal for me but it's a better information compile than anywhere else.

dsp has an entire FORUM dedicated to him on there, not just thread. which is quite impressive.

Just got 2 reddit golds over a very silly comment

what does reddit gold even do

7 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

I just heard about kiwifarms the other day from down the rabbit hole's templeOS video

...you wouldn't happen to a member there, would you? I assume the DSP fandom(?) has a home there

I don't know why but my gut says that it's a Turkish name 

Googled it and it's bulgarian lol

hitler was good for his economic policies, obviously

actually, that's a pretty good example: american companies liked hitler and did deals with him because he served their interests

Edited by Tryhard

The economist is very critical of Bolsonaro, just read the article. They're only saying he might reform the pension system, which he might do AND the country absolutely, 100% need (it's legitimately the biggest issue for the country right now) and if we don't reform it we're absolutely and completely fucked.

they even endorsed haddad

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

The economist is very critical of Bolsonaro, just read the article. They're only saying he might reform the pension system, which he might do AND the country absolutely, 100% need (it's legitimately the biggest issue for the country right now) and if we don't reform it we're absolutely and completely fucked.

they even endorsed haddad

fam, i'm willing to give some generosity towards them not liking bolsonaro personally, but this is a worthless article. the main conclusion is

"If Mr Bolsonaro succeeds in reforming the economy and cleaning up Brazil, he could unleash his country’s long-squandered potential. Nothing would give The Economist more pleasure. "

you may as well say if he makes the economy good that's good. wow. such insight. as you said, he doesn't think that economy policies are important, and if anything the article just advocates for Paulo Guedes.

Edited by Tryhard

8 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

fam, i'm willing to give some generosity towards them not liking bolsonaro personally, but this is a worthless article.

"If Mr Bolsonaro succeeds in reforming the economy and cleaning up Brazil, he could unleash his country’s long-squandered potential. Nothing would give The Economist more pleasure. "

you may as well say if he makes the economy good that's good. wow. such insight. as you said, he doesn't think that economy policies are important, and if anything the article just advocates for Paulo Guedes.

I mean, what else would you expect from an editorial. I do read their full coverage and they seem pretty sebsible.

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2019/01/03/what-to-make-of-brazils-new-firebrand-president-jair-bolsonaro

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2018/12/01/brazils-classrooms-become-a-battleground-in-a-culture-war

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2018/11/03/are-brazilians-ready-for-jair-bolsonaros-radicalism

https://www.economist.com/the-americas/2018/10/27/jair-bolsonaro-and-the-perversion-of-liberalism

i mean, Bolsominions were the ones calling the magazine "the ecommunist" back during the election.

and i don't know about you, but i'd rather read them than people who think it's reasonable for a poor country with a european tier fertility rate to have people retiring in their middle 50s

Edited by Nobody

i don't deny that they were supporting haddad, dislike bolsonaro's social conservatism, nor do I think they are anything further left than centrist

i'm not saying that I wouldn't agree with the economist most of the time, but some of their takes have been questionable, and any attempt to falsely find a silver lining in a pseudo-fascist for superficial reasons is a poor take.

cw6TjRU.png

Edited by Tryhard

I mean, wasn't that the mainstream view on the saudi prince before the whole murder mess?

but whatever, obviously no publication is perfect. I just don't think a publication about economy should refrain from saying some economic measures they find good might be done even if the rest of the government is awful.

Edited by Nobody

Like, i hate Bolsonaro, you know this. I think he's an awful human being, an awful politician and i'd vote on anyone else over him, but if his government proposes, say, a pension system reform i agree with, i'd want congress to approve it, because that's something that affects the country way after he's gone. I'm against voting/being against measures you agree with just because the government proposing them is awful, that hurts the country even way after the government is gone, and is bad for everyone

The article isn't so much critical of Bolsonaro as much as it just puts Guedes on a pedestal.

Also fucking LOL at the Moro paragraph. When one of the cabinet members (actually Onyx can be seen as a prime minister), who confessed about having slush funds (in other words fucking illegal), just had to say sorry to Moro, then things surely look good. And this is not even new or secret information either.

This article is dated and it just came out.

Only one of the articles you mentioned (Perversion of Liberalism) can be described as a hard-hitting critique to Bolsonaro, although they aren't without their love for the liberal Chicago Guedes, or the praise for Pinochet's economic policies - which is basically a myth that people keep on pushing to justify atrocities.

All in all, bad articles are still bad articles. Of course they should talk about economy, but it doesn't stop them from saying incorrect shit.

50 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I mean, wasn't that the mainstream view on the saudi prince before the whole murder mess?

yes.

but it shouldn't have been to anyone aware of the facts of the area before then. saudi arabia has been decapitating people publically as a form of execution for drug smuggling, "witchcraft", and atheism. they have been involved in a war with yemen that has resulted in a humanitarian crisis and famine that continues that is ruled the worst humanitarian crisis in the world today, where they have blockaded medical supplies, bombed open air markets, schools for the blind, mosques, killing children on school buses and other civilian targets that collaterally killed civilians. Tens of thousands are dead.

and in part funded by arms and direct aid from the united states and united kingdom. so we get to feel proud of that.

i hate to be equating human life because khashoggi's murder was a tragedy but anyone with a conscience and a grasp of the situation should have hated saudi arabia and the tyrant and dictator bin Salman far before then.

you can understand why I'm a bit disapproving of such deals with foreign scumbag dictators for personal profit.

Edited by Tryhard