The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

if there wasn't enough proof that the uk parliament is a joke, one of the recent events was that a MP, when questioning a Twitter representative, held up a picture of a anime meme saying 'shut the fuck up terf' and asked why it wasn't in violation of twitters terms on hate speech.

clown world

it's sad that she is a SNP politician

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

i really think she doesn't know what terf is an acronym for, she thinks it's a slur or something

meanwhile, with tommy robinson

he's certainly been busy this week

Edited by Tryhard

I just noticed. Despite there being a Japanese option for SAO... there are no subtitles available. At least, I haven't been able to activate any. Well now. Not that I mind hearing it in Spanish anyway...

On a tangent, I find it hilarious that over here, the Pikachu of Detective Pikachu's dub voice is the same guy that voices Team Rocket's James. That's rich. Then again, it's probably more because he has dubbed a few of the roles the English VA does. Voice consistency, I suppose...

On 01/05/2019 at 11:31 PM, Яei Яei said:

https://www.americasquarterly.org/content/dont-blame-washington-venezuelas-oil-woes-rebuttal

Article countering this, written by the  Director of Harvard University’s Center for International Development and Professor of the Practice of Economic Development at the John F. Kennedy School of Government.

In the video you posted, the economist also blames the US for the hyperinflation, but this makes no sense, as Venezuela had struggled with high inflation since the beginning of Chavez' government, and it started skyrocketing by 2015, before the sanctions

venezuela-inflation-cpi.png?s=vnvpiyoy&v

https://tradingeconomics.com/venezuela/inflation-cpi

Besides, the US sanctions of 2017 largely targeted individuals, such as denying visas or freezing assets of members of the government, so it shouldn't affect the population of the country as a whole.

And the shortages already happened loooooong before the sanctions. I remember they being a talking point in our election of 2014, for exemple:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortages_in_Venezuela#Chávez_administration

n increase in shortages began to occur that year as 5% of items became unavailable according to the Central Bank of Venezuela.[33] In January 2008, 24.7% of goods were reported to be unavailable in Venezuela, with the scarcity of goods remaining high until May 2008, when there was a shortage of 16.3% of goods.[34] However, shortages increased again in January 2012 to nearly the same rate as in 2008.

Edited by Nobody

Not being able to edit my post, but this part of the article is particularly interesting:

"To make their point, Weisbrot and Sachs take Colombia as a counterfactual for Venezuela. Then, they claim that Colombia and Venezuela’s oil production trends were similar before sanctions and diverged after the sanctions were imposed, when Venezuela’s production declined much further. Hence, they reason, the sanctions must have caused Venezuela’s added decline. [...] Colombia has mostly heavy oil, which makes its production sensitive to low oil prices. According to Weisbrot and Sachs, this is what makes it a good counterfactual for Venezuela. But Venezuela has a mix of light, medium and heavy crudes. Furthermore, Venezuela’s heavy crude production (run by joint ventures with foreign oil companies) has been relatively resilient. What's collapsed disproportionately is the production of light and medium crudes, which are under direct PDVSA control. Hence the alleged similarity in the 2015 output decline is not related to heavy-oil, as Weisbrot and Sachs argue. Lastly, Colombia has very little oil left underground, barely 1.7 billion barrels, while Venezuela has over 300 billion barrels, the world’s largest oil reserves.  "

7 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

why are buff skills permanent for the fight in nocturne

also why can you stack them

that's just how it is in SMT

Spells that decast them become pretty common later on tho

Yeah, up to 3 times IIRC

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

Had my first NOPE sekiro moment

Reveal hidden contents

headless thing

that fucking guy sucks

plus it's like, I was expecting him to be kinda like the black knight in Undead Burg or something where he's difficult compared to the first area but doable

nope

wow that thor fight was a pain

i guess i've learned the wisdom of three tarunda, three rakunda and three tarukaja

i did learn after the fight you can stack (de)buffs four times, not three

Edited by Tryhard

Well, I've done it. Finally beaten again Act II of RF4. Pft, I had even yet to reach Winter for the first time. I even avoided that bug that would randomly trigger during the credits where the screen slowly glitches out until it crashes. Wasn't going to fight Ethelbert again...!

Now while I wait for Act III to randomly trigger I guess I'll finish triggering all those pre-marriage sub-events or something then...

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now I'm in for a Chrono Trigger mood. It's been quite a while since I last played that...

The game is about how greed and a green new deal

also witzel is the worst piece of shit rio de janeiro has seen. such a cunt

17 hours ago, Nobody said:

I find it weird how some people act as if cheating was a crime or something, or act as they wish it was. Some of the answers of this thread make me think people think cheaters are as bad as murderers.

i mean sure, but i also find people in there saying that they're not surprised because the person worked 12 hour days and didn't spend time with their family to be assholes too

they both deserve some reality checks, but I'm not sure anyone goes to Am I the Asshole subreddit for legal takes over moral ones

Edited by Tryhard

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

they both deserve some reality checks, but I'm not sure anyone goes to Am I the Asshole subreddit for legal takes over moral ones

I find it very entertaining haha

btw, how goes nocturne? Are you enjoying it?

it doesn't like me very much, matador and thor haven't been nice to me so far

though I do kinda see why people prefer persona considering a) all you do is dungeon crawl for the most part and it can get monotonous fairly quickly and b) the story is minimalist and vague that is the definition of grimdark edgy

even if persona goes a little bit too much on the downtime to say the least

overall i like it. it's nice having demon friends instead of party members. but it's hard to binge it when you can constantly go into a fight and just get buttblasted immediately and you probably won't know why your first time through.

Edited by Tryhard