• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

you won't be saying that when you buy three houses DAY 1

:^)

I'll buy it day 1 for sure, but it doesn't look that exciting.

I mean fire emblem is what I expect, but idk, comparing the switch to the 3ds makes it so underwhelming, and I even think the Wii U had better games at this point

Only SMT V can truly save it

Edited by Nobody

considering how many people have bought it, it doesn't really need saving

i don't even like it and will probably still not get one unless three houses is very good but undoubtedly enough people do like it

maybe they are just starved after the wii u

can't hear you over this delightful new animal crossing game

or the new botw

or banjo in smash

shit

nintendo so gud

6 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

considering how many people have bought it, it doesn't really need saving

I meant saving it for myself haha who cares about what the plebs think

for real tho, only switch game so far i really enjoyed was octopath. Well, and BOTW, but I played it on the Wii U so it doesnt count

panzer dragoon making a comeback is dope

astral chain looks crazy

i mean all i need now is a switch

and the games

yay

panzer dragoon existing again is pretty cool, but i couldn't care less for most others

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Also, from the e3 clip, it seems like the three house leaks were true

bad maps here we come =(

i wouldn't be surprised, but at the same time this guy looked at how many before making this conclusion?

6 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

WAIT THERE'S A SEIKEN DENSETSU 3 REMAKE

Yup. A matter of time, considering the previous two got remakes. What is more surprising, perhaps, is that the original is also getting localized, since the Mana Collection is releasing overseas.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yup. A matter of time, considering the previous two got remakes. What is more surprising, perhaps, is that the original is also getting localized, since the Mana Collection is releasing overseas.

I am over the moon with this one, Acacia

I have to admit, after seeing the trailer for Three Houses: It looks nice, but that's all there really is to it. There were several things that raised several red flags for me:

- Claude's cheesy friendship speech
- the "Fell Stone", and that ash-grey dragon head along with the Jedah-expy
- Byleth "going Super Sayian"

I dunno, I'm skeptical of the whole thing, honestly.

On another note, the Green party wants to legalize incest in Germany... because making electricity and heat unaffordable through unreasonable taxation isn't enough, apparently.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I have to admit, after seeing the trailer for Three Houses: It looks nice, but that's all there really is to it. There were several things that raised several red flags for me:

- Claude's cheesy friendship speech
- the "Fell Stone", and that ash-grey dragon head along with the Jedah-expy
- Byleth "going Super Sayian"

I dunno, I'm skeptical of the whole thing, honestly.

On another note, the Green party wants to legalize incest in Germany... because making electricity and heat unaffordable through unreasonable taxation isn't enough, apparently.

this took a turn

1 minute ago, Яei Яei said:

this took a turn

Yeah, the segue wasn't the best, I will admit that. But this thread is for all sorts of random stuff and I just felt the need to point that out. I dunno why.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, the segue wasn't the best, I will admit that. But this thread is for all sorts of random stuff and I just felt the need to point that out. I dunno why.

No, it's alright. The twist was amusing.

How's the public opinion reacting to this?

4 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

How's the public opinion reacting to this?

That's the thing: They have no clue. I read that in a really obscure part of their party program. I myself only noticed it after I saw a YouTube comment linking to it.

I doubt telling them would do much, since the Green party are treated like they can do no wrong.

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

making electricity and heat unaffordable through unreasonable taxation isn't enough

I'm a confrotational asshole so i have to do this, but if what they're taxing really are fossil fuels such as coal and oil, then good on them

Despite the amount of solar panels you guys have in Germany (and the amount really impressed me when i went there), renewable energy is only 29% of the energy sources. In comparison, in my shithole of a country, renewable sources are 80% of it, and despite piece of shit evironment hater bolsonaro being president, wind power is increasing strongly and is already number 2 in energy sources. I know it's much harder for you guys to accomplish renewable energy, but more can be done, and taxing tends to be the right way to regulate markets so they can work towards the good of society.

Edited by Nobody

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm a confrotational asshole so i have to do this, but if what they're taxing really are fossil fuels such as coal and oil, then good on them

You're not an asshole, though. This is a legitimate argument, I think.
Just think about this, though: most people don't own a house or an apartment and are pretty much stuck with whatever energy company that supplies the landlord. So if that company happens to distribute fossil fuels, the tenants are screwed, since they won't be able to pay these high energy costs anymore, lose all their money and ultimately end up becoming homeless. Unless of course the government offers a cheaper alternative. Which they won't, because Germany's government has a track record of being one of the single most complacent and incompetent governments in the entire world.

Also, not to defend fossil fuels or anything, rather the opposite, actually, the amount of wind power plants that would be needed to be built to cover the energy demand of every single household in the country would necessitate razing several thousands of acres of forests. Forests made of trees that make use of CO2 to live. CO2 that gets transformed into O2, which is the air we breathe.

Ultimately, nothing they do will ever serve to protect nature, the environment or anything else. I agree that we need to cut down on the destruction of our world, that shit seriously needs to stop. But those guys don't have the good of the planet in mind. They only care about cash. Nothing more. It's telling that Germany's government income is at an all time low right now, so higher taxation would serve as a nice way to cover for that.
There is also this to consider: Almost 54% of the average person's yearly income goes right back into government pockets in the form of taxes and other stuff. None of that has ever benefitted anyone but the higher-ups. Not to mention that most people in Germany rely on social money to even live their day to day lives because most jobs here pay terribly: 450€ a month AT MOST. Subtract 54% in taxes on top of rent, living expenses and anything else that might follow and you can't even EXIST anymore. At that point, what sense does it make to HEIGHTEN costs for electricity and heat, which most people CAN'T pick where it comes from? That's how low this shitshow of a country has sunk. And the Green party as well as the Social Democratic party have been a large part in making this happen. That's why I don't buy into their BS of "wE WaNt To SAvE tHe EnViRoNmEnT!". Because all they want is money, money, and even more money.

The only way I will support taxation of fossil fuels is if they make the alternatives a) affordable for everyone (which it isn't), and b) accessible to everyone (which it isn't).

Sorry for going on a bit of a tangent there.

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Which they won't, because Germany's government has a track record of being one of the single most complacent and incompetent governments in the entire world.

I'm sorry, but if you believe this you're sort of out of touch with how the world is ran. I get it that the German government is not good and should and could be much better, but your country's infrastructure, public services and population wealth beat at least 90% of the world. IDK if you've ever been to a third country world, but they're for sure much worse ran and their governments are much less competent and more corrupt than Germany's could ever hope to be, and 90% of the world is third world. And that's without considering the biggest first world country doesn't even have universal healthcare.

Edited by Nobody

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

we all know the british government is the most competent in the world today anyway

the biggest monty python sketch ever

shit i'm no expert, but saying "according to 'website x', the constitution says..." is not very good journalism