The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

your first mistake was thinking that twitter was anything positive most of the time

your second was thinking that anything that could be even distinctly related to politics in such a place could be worthwhile

while i can kind of go down the whole pipeline of my opinion on corporate culture it's so played out by this point that I don't think what I say has any merit

this is the reason why I and others advocate for complete removal of social media. any time I use Reddit or Twitter to argue it's a pointless endeavour. 

go subscribe to https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/ is the moral

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

this is the reason why I and others advocate for complete removal of social media. any time I use Reddit or Twitter to argue it's a pointless endeavour. 

It's weird, it's stronger than me, though I don't use twitter to argue at all because that tends to be ingroups who only want validation, but I do argue quite often on reddit.

while i can kind of go down the whole pipeline of my opinion on corporate culture it's so played out by this point that I don't think what I say has any merit

I understand where this comes from, but my problem is with thinking corporate culture invalidates everything around it. It's pretty personal to me because pride is attacked by homophobes and the people that go "it's okay to be gay, but do they have to show it THAT way?", and seeing corporations willing to support it (even if it's only for money, which FOR SURE it is), shows that society has progressed enough to a point in which supporting pride doesn't make you lose profits. The corporations are not "good" for supporting pride (or any progressive cause) and they're 100% only doing it for the money, BUT the fact that they're willing to support it, means society is progressive enough to give them more profits for supporting it than being against it. It's a good sing.

go subscribe to https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/ is the moral

That's the problem, I'm cynical like those people, seeing stuff that is positive just for the sake of positivity actually sort of disgusts me. 

10 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

although I have been guilty of browsing alt-right cesspools

seeing how fanatics think is intriguing to me

Jesus Christ, IDK how i'd be able to survive this. I'd hate humanity and myself after 15 minutes browsing it

Edited by Nobody

For sponsoring those events I think is a good thing generally, the one recently I saw was this

https://mobile.twitter.com/budweiseruk/status/1134491737920065536?s=21

part of me is like wow they actually acknowledged asexuals and the other part is I wish they didn't 

The response on this is as you would imagine

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

That's the problem, I'm cynical like those people, seeing stuff that is positive just for the sake of positivity actually sort of disgusts me. 

Works for me. It's only if a person is constantly overly cheerful all the time in real life that it makes me anxious.

10 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

For sponsoring those events I think is a good thing generally, the one recently I saw was this

https://mobile.twitter.com/budweiseruk/status/1134491737920065536?s=21

part of me is like wow they actually acknowledged asexuals and the other part is I wish they didn't 

The response on this is as you would imagine

wow, the responses were actually worse than I thought they'd be.

Anyway, thanks for this interaction, and I'm sorry if it affected you negatively in any way. Posting here makes me feel better most of the time, and I appreciate your response. This is a bit weird, but I consider you a friend, well, at least as much as someone over the internet can be.

man if the only mxm S support in Three Houses is with the most androgynous guy in the game I'm going to blow a gasket

On 6/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Nobody said:

Elon Musk posted some 2b art on his twitter without giving credit to the artist and now people are mad at it, but appearently some other people are mad because people are only mad at him for only being mad at Elon Musk for posting "fanart of the Sexie Big Bobie lady from nier without credit" rather than all the "bad shit he's done" and I know for sure that I have to cut twitter from my life just like I cut resetera because it's not good for my mental health

it's gotten a lot worse after Tumblr seppuku'd itself 

there's this elderly lady that lives in the staircase next to me who I didn't know about until the delivery held my package at hers

but she's got the surname Stalker and has both written this on the buzzer under her door number and on her wastebin outside in big white letters that looks as though they are in paint

tbh everytime I saw that bin I thought there was some drama involved lmao, if my surname was stalker i wouldn't write it everywhere most likely

Edited by Tryhard

4 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Next week 40°C are forecasted. 

Unfortunately I did not apply for vacation for this week... 

At least it's a dry heat. Humidity is what really makes this stuff unbearable. We've got 40°C forecast over here, too. Apparently, it's air right from the Sahara desert.

Meanwhile, in Death Valley, 56°C are the norm and I'm dying if it climbs even slightly above 25-26°C.

Actually the worst is not even the heat at midday, but the night because I live under the roof which means the heat rises up to my floor. Since the night temperature will be around 25 °C, the temperature will not drop below 30 in my room. And I cannot establish climate conditioners because my body, mainly throat, has issues with them. 

Since I have few hours overtime I will leave at midday. Thankfully I have flexible working times. 

Edit: Looking up Death Valley's temperature. It will be "only" about 3-4 °C warmer there in mentioned time. 

Edited by Rosalina

7 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Actually the worst is not even the heat at midday, but the night because I live under the roof which means the heat rises up to my floor. Since the night temperature will be around 25 °C, the temperature will not drop below 30 in my room. And I cannot establish climate conditioners because my body, mainly throat, has issues with them.

I have these very same issues, actually.

I remember it because I started the same discussion not so long ago.

I am way too repetitive in complaining.

However this forecasted heatwave seriously worries me because of multiple days unable to sleep and going tired and exhausted to work.

At least this situation is new to me, and this is bothering me.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, FrostyFireMage said:

it's gotten a lot worse after Tumblr seppuku'd itself 

ohhh makes sense

21 hours ago, Tryhard said:

tbh everytime I saw that bin I thought there was some drama involved lmao, if my surname was stalker i wouldn't write it everywhere most likely

lol

8 hours ago, Rosalina said:

Actually the worst is not even the heat at midday, but the night because I live under the roof which means the heat rises up to my floor. Since the night temperature will be around 25 °C, the temperature will not drop below 30 in my room.

Yeah, I'd much rather have 35C at midday than anything over 20C at night.

lord the responses to all of trump's tweets are an absolute dumpster fire in general

the fact that people think trump is genuinely anti-war when he has john bolton, mike pompeo and other prominent neoconservatives in his administration makes me want to give up

i'm completely baffled at the fact he considered going to war with Iran. 

War is obviously disgusting, bad, and the US should absolutely never have gone to war with Iraq or Afghanistan... But Iran is no Iraq or Afghanistan, a war against Iran would be a MUCH bigger mess than Iraq was, and it'd not even be close. Like, I wouldn't even be surprised at nuke threats. Not that Iran has nukes now, but if America started a war against them, they'd surely be tempted (and justified tbh) to make some.

But then again, this is Trump, so he's probably bullshitting

Edited by Nobody

Bolsonaro is complaining that the congress wants to turn him into the queen of england lmao

he was a congressmen for like 30 years and didn't know a president can't do anything without the parliament and that the brazilian constitution was written aiming for parliamentarism and presidentialism was an after thought

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Bolsonaro is complaining that the congress wants to turn him into the queen of england lmao

he was a congressmen for like 30 years and didn't know a president can't do anything without the parliament and that the brazilian constitution was written aiming for parliamentarism and presidentialism was an after thought

well i mean it's not like he did anything in those 30 years