• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

The "one page behind the one you should be on" bug first affected me with the US politics topic. I thought it was intentional at a certain point to give another moment for minds to cool there.

And wow that's one terrible case of "When "synonyms" don't always work out".

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

once someone says something about ''sjw'' i know to not take them seriously.

Ahem!

And just thinking about it, character endings and their quality of being like historical records is pretty unique to FE. I can't think of other series that do that. Even Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE has character endings.

I suppose that level of detail is mostly due to being capable of them. After all, FE also just had one-or-two sentence long endings in the early games.

Heh, this reminds me when SRW did character endings, once. For SRW 4, being the (original) grand finale of the Classicverse. Although, I kid you not, one character's ending is legit the following (paraphrased) text: "He slipped in the bathtub and broke his leg". I think it's because that actually happened to the character in his anime of origin once, so his character ending is like a nod/gag to that incident.

Stayed up later today to beat three houses

still have too many answer so i'm straight up going to play the other routes

will be tought beating up my hobo edgelord husbando king tho

8 hours ago, Nobody said:

Stayed up later today to beat three houses

still have too many answer so i'm straight up going to play the other routes

will be tought beating up my hobo edgelord husbando king tho

jesus wtf i didn't even get to the time skip yet lol

I tried the Write Your Butt Off thread twice, but I don't think I'm so free-spirited and creative for it really.

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

one character's ending is legit the following (paraphrased) text: "He slipped in the bathtub and broke his leg". I think it's because that actually happened to the character in his anime of origin once, so his character ending is like a nod/gag to that incident.

So that's the origin of the Shin Get-Me-Help-I've-Fallen-and-Can't-Get-Up! Robo.

The choice to add Lunatic later to 3H seems a little strange, why is it taking longer? But at the same time, this isn't the first time I've seen it recently. XC2's Bringer of Chaos difficulty is DLC. And Kingdom Hearts 3 included its Critical Mode in an update like a month or two after the game's release as well. I guess it's all to get the game out sooner, since you don't need the game to remain in development to create new difficulty settings.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried the Write Your Butt Off thread twice, but I don't think I'm so free-spirited and creative for it really.

So that's the origin of the Shin Get-Me-Help-I've-Fallen-and-Can't-Get-Up! Robo.

I suppose for me would be the just how... accessible it is. I write a lot; but not much is actually put up for others to read.

Haha, I guess. I think a few other endings are also on the funny/gag side; but overall most endings are standard procedure. Though since the game was for the SNES, they aren't that detailed as what FE does nowadays. I think. Overall, SRW's way of handling endings is more akin to what PoR did. Where it's done through regular cutscenes about what most of the cast is doing or going to do after the fact, instead of narrative-style endings.

5 hours ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

jesus wtf i didn't even get to the time skip yet lol

I took the release day off to play it and then have played it through literally all the free time I've had :^)

5 hours ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

not gonna wait for lunatic for a replay at least?

will play the 3 and a half paths on hard/classic then replay them all on lunatic/classic when it's released hehe

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess it's all to get the game out sooner, since you don't need the game to remain in development to create new difficulty settings.

My guess is that the release date is a corporate decision, it isn't up to the developers to decide it, so they have to hurry it up. In this way, they have to forfeit some stuff to get the game done on the date set up by the company. You can release a higher difficulty later, but you can't patch up the story, new characters or better graphics...

unless you're ffxv

Three Houses made me completely unproductive and sort of a slob as well

haven't gone to the gym since the release, i'm skipping meals because of it, and i even forgot to take showers a couple of days jfc disgusting. Also, doing way worse at my actual obligations because whenever i'm not playing it, i'm thinking of playing it.

it's just how i live life, i'm either obsessed with something and can't not think about it or i'm completely bored, apathetic and nothing does anything to me

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Overall, SRW's way of handling endings is more akin to what PoR did. Where it's done through regular cutscenes about what most of the cast is doing or going to do after the fact, instead of narrative-style endings.

Yeah, I've played OG and OG2 in their GBA versions, I remember that. And, I remember Kyosuke's talk with Excellen at the end of 0G2, I have in my head an image of Kyosuke giving a baby Alfimi a piggyback ride, while Excellen holds the older little Lemon's hand.

-But then OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed decided to keep Alfimi alive. So there went the above mental image.

Hopefully the next OG SRW will be available on Switch. They already have T on it.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I've played OG and OG2 in their GBA versions, I remember that. And, I remember Kyosuke's talk with Excellen at the end of 0G2, I have in my head an image of Kyosuke giving a baby Alfimi a piggyback ride, while Excellen holds the older little Lemon's hand.

-But then OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed decided to keep Alfimi alive. So there went the above mental image.

Hopefully the next OG SRW will be available on Switch. They already have T on it.

Well, short of dying the hair, I doubt they could have a daughter that looked like Alfimi anyway, heh.

I'd think so. I also hope that V and X may also get rereleases for Switch. Maybe.

Which reminds me, since this is an FE forum, I've got a firm idea that if FE characters got SRW mecha, Ike would get Alteisen. 

Why? Kyosuke and Ike are of somewhat similar stoic natures. RD Ike and OG1 his route Kyosuke give similar "It's do or die and I'm betting it all!" smackdowns to each's final boss. And, Alteisen seems like it'd be suited for Ike, a mecha which is by design unbalanced and requires the pilot to be attentive to keep standing. Ike is noted more than most FE lords explicitly for his strength, he seems like he would have the talent to keep the mech stable. Ike's RD form also matches something of Alteisen's profile- it is bulky, but when it strikes, it has the rushing power and speed akin to that in ways of a super robot.

All they have to do is replace the Revolver Stake/Bunker with a Revolver Ragnell. They even already have a blue Alteisen. 

But just because Ike gets Alteisen does NOT mean Soren gets Weissritter. I was thinking Wildraubtier for him. 

As for SRX, hmm... maybe rebuild it around Dragon Blood instead of Telekinesis? Owain/din Date, Laurent Branstein, Lissa Kobayashi, Emmeryn Kobayashi and FeMorgan Vadim? But then what of Lucina? Ryukooh with Chrom for her (no incest!)? MaMorgan as Ing or Cobray? Which means MaRobin Prisken of course? With Grima as Judecca? But- AUGH! Too hard to figure out!

Actually, Ike would be a poor choice for Alteisen. The whole thing about Alteisen is that Kyosuke himself is the only one who can make the mech work. Not as in make it operate, just as in, turn it into a mech capable of being on the battlefield. Do remember the Alteisen was a customized prototype for the scrapped Gespenst Mk III project. It wasn't meant to be used... but Kyosuke managed to make it work. You'd need someone with Kyosuke's "abnormal luck" trait, to better suit the point of being the Alteisen's pilot.

Hahaha, I'd say, it be best if it turns more original. Not like it can be a problem. Shows like Aura Battler Dunbine show you can have a medieval aesthetic with mechs.

Actually, it's the best to base yourself on. Just replace Aura thematically with Quintessence and you got a solid base.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You'd need someone with Kyosuke's "abnormal luck" trait, to better suit the point of being the Alteisen's pilot.

L'Arachel then?

Spoiler

L’Arachel: Look, Joshua! I won again!
Joshua: Arrrgh!
L’Arachel: What do you mean, making such rude noises in front of a lady!? You’re slowing down the game!
Joshua: Hold on, give me a break! You got me. I lost. I’ve had enough. It’s just like you said. I shouldn’t gamble anymore.
L’Arachel: Are you quitting on me? Where’s your spirit?
Joshua: …Man. I just don’t get it. Not at all. You must really have some sort of divine powers on your side. I mean, I’ve been fixing every single game, and I still can’t wi–
L’Arachel: Fixing? What do you mean? The game’s not broken. I’m doing fine!
Joshua: Uh… No, I– Nothing. Anyway, I’m all done. I don’t want to play with you anymore. Go take someone else for a ride.
L’Arachel: A ride? Like on a horse? What are you talking about?
Joshua: Look, what I’m trying to say is… You don’t know anything, and you STILL managed to beat me!

If dreams are supposed to your thoughts given life by your unconscious, then I think that might have happened as I slept last night. The dream was very scanty for visuals at first, all I could see was beige, maybe with some shadows.

But I thought I was playing Three Houses, the opening so I thought. I distinctly recall the feeling and sounds as if people were sucking with their mouths on my bare back as I was laying face down on the ground. And, I recall thinking they were the Three Houses house leaders, even if I couldn't see them. And I did not like it one bit.

I then popped open some game menu and turned down the VA volume to nothing, using a bizarre two trackball controller. I then opened a freezer filled with fake-looking frozen food for some reason in what I guess was supposed to be the monastery.

My not-unfounded fear I'll be playing 3H soullessly, without any attention paid to characters or story. That, haunted me in my sleep. That one little moment I just don't like, would send me into skipping the rest of the game's narrative.

Waking up, I'm thinking the oddity of sucking on my back might have been due to how my mattress and my back were pressing up against each other.  Albeit the dream took it to a whole 'nother level. The freezer might been me glancing at people posting cooking is possible in 3H, and certainly because I ate a frozen pizza last night. No idea where the trackballs came from.

-I wish my few dreams were more pleasantly vivid and memorable. Give me crystal clear blue lakes with sandy and green islands floating in them and a rainbow sky above. But as is, I'm barely a dreamer and one who often forgets them. And I refuse to use substances that'd enhance my unconscious experience.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer