but in the end
it doesn't even matter
One thing
i don't know why
it doesn't matter how hard i wish to sleep
Keep that in mind
I copied this rhyme to remind myself how i
tried to sleep

I can't believe they've seemingly stopped airing Robotech. What a bummer. Now if only they had not started over at least they could've reached Mospaeda...

22 hours ago, Tryhard said:

i picked up a new game because it looked interesting and I'm wondering if I made a mistake

202e279d26104a02fea6bf97b09a76bf.jpg

what game is this tho

22 hours ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

they already did her but as a male character and i loved him too

Arvis? Walmart?

I've sorta concluded that FE's maps tend not to really impress themselves outright, a blow-by-blow survey of the GBA era led to me realize how few were truly "great".

And to continue this exercise with another game just because:

Conquest:

Spoiler
  1. Basic tutorial, the vision is even less than that.
  2. Okay. A little hard for a 2nd chapter?
  3. I'd lean towards bad with how dodgy the boss is. And you still have only three units.
  4. Nothing special.
  5. Hard, since nobody but Quirin can take more than one hit and live. I don't like it.
  6. A short and okay start to CQ proper.
  7. I thought this was too hard on Lunatic to start, but it was fine on Hard. A little simple challenge.
  8. Hard-ish, not too gimmicky, but it still takes time to figure out the best solution through it.
  9. On the easier side. But I like it well enough.
  10. Well designed, fair, but brutal. An honest-to-goodness Defend where Defending is actually difficult to do! A rare Great map.
  11. Harder if you go both stairways, easier if you don't. Fair and lightly good?
  12. Good. The turncount to escape is tight, making it quicker requires much great risk by blowing up all the pots. Thankfully, those have fixed contents.
  13. Good. A bit simpler for CQ, but enemy arrangements are nice, and there is a bit of village rush.
  14. Average I'd say. Nothing special.
  15. Easy if you skip the lower half of the map. Doing that offers a fair challenge with appropriate rewards. I like it.
  16. Interesting concept. I think the map is good, barring the possible "mistake" of uncovering Shura not knowing how strong he is, and thus leaving someone in his range who he'll kill on the enemy phase.
  17. The Ninja Den of EVIL! Is a map that is almost exclusively one dodgy debuffing-Poison Touch monoclass with an NPC to protect for an optional Speedwing good or bad? I'm going to say bad.
  18. Good. Two very different maps halves, with a fair turn limit to bosskill on both of them.
  19. A monoclass chapter with a gimmick. Hard if done with a full army, easier if you have a non-horse tank who can solo it with a Beast Killer. I'd call it bad. You might argue otherwise.
  20. I AM ONE WITH THE WIND/10 I think I'll call this bad. The gimmick is too strong, if useful for killing Hayato on Lunatic to avoid his Hexing Rod.
  21. Almost monoclass (but with skill variety) with powerful Stoneborn for nasty ranged attacks. Infinite reinforcements and a need to escape. I'm going to lump it with the other mid-late midgame monoclass battles- bad.
  22. A fairly standard battle but of good-ish design. Defensive Stance means you can skip the right if you want to.
  23. Begins and ends fairly easily (as long as you the math on Takumi's maximum damage output). The tricky part is surviving Oboro's wall top trap, although an Entrap use can fix that.
  24. Fun I say! It's open, with hordes of flying reinforcements which the enemy will buff at the expense of your non-fliers. You have the choice- fight fliers with fliers, Dragon Vein to cripple the fliers and give your groundlings a good advantage, or some mix of these two techniques. The only issue is Azama and his Hexing Rod.
  25. Depending on how much durability and damage your Corrin can do, you can find just killing Ryoma outright ideal or not. The left side of the map is good? Not so sure about Saizo's right.
  26. Iago's Staff gimmick is left unexplained, but when known is workable. The left side of the map is bad. But the rest of it, north, east, and Han's south, are a fair challenge.
  27. This map is rather empty, with a devilish Entrap ploy that is up there as one of the most... something schemes enemies with their magic have ever played on FE players. But it's kinda quick, which is good, because...
  28. This map is a cruel final battle. Easily the hardest final battle in FE, and it is good hard, unless you mean Lunatic and Inevitable End spam. I wish you could save beforehand, that make it less dislikable.

3 hours ago, Tryhard said:

they looked pretty echoes bad to me tbh. maybe slightly better

I'd honestly call them better than Echoes and Awakening's by a fair margin, but yeah, definitely not among the series' better or even close to it.

22 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

if it's not the maps what makes 3Hs so great

From what i've seen (didn't play the game yet!)
- Good Story
- New gameplay additions and FE finally treating 'new ground' (like attacks aren't 1-2 range locked anymore, AOE attack, boss enemies with multipe hp bars so you can't oneshot them, etc.)

Well this is weird. I decided to search "Fogu" to see what Bokujo Monogatari/the former Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons was truly like after having left it sometime back in high school at the latest, and to see what it has become. And I go into the section for Magical Melody, deciding to look over the bachelorettes and bachelors after so many years. I fell in superficial love with Kurt, which is ironic, since I used to want his girl Dia when I younger.😆 

I wish I knew which of them were any good. And don't say "just get Star*shot*". But I do get the sense they should have slowed down title production a little. Having at least one title per console makes sense, and some on the same console are not redundant- MM and AWoL have totally different vibes. But I'll throw a dart at 2008 for when things started getting out of hand. From what I've read of HMDS, maybe that though is where the quality of the titles begins a decline?

2 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

if it's not the maps what makes 3Hs so great

By far the best FE story, great world building, great characters, and fun gameplay mechanics. There's so much attention to detail...