The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Nice trolling there LMAO. Although to be honest, I never understood why people assume that anything to do with Fates is automatically the worst in the world. And people can draw whatever they like, even if you think the subject is shit.
And my comment was about Ryoma in particular being mistreated by the Fandom, not the royal siblings in general, so that joke was just a little bit ineffective.

Gotta admit, the troll was deliberate and in no way meant to be attacking anyone. Thought that was obvious from the way I worded it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, wasn't meant to be mean or anything.
Also you're right and I think the same thing. Let people draw whatever the heck they wish.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

*SNIP*
She is BADASS!

No seriously, one HP away of becoming a very saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad person.

I do not know why I suck in this game so badly. I totally forgot how to play FE. And that comes by someone who has beaten lunatic stuff like Thracia 776, FE7if, Gheb FE in hard mode just a few years ago. It feels so weird as bad...

It is absolutely enjoyable despite I do waaaaaay too many mistakes like not checking AS or calculating damage.

The new gameplay with the day simulation and teaching part is refreshing since I love these things from other JRPGs series.

As for the character cast the only ones I dislike so far are Lorenz and Leonie. And I dislike Edelgard, the reason, why I will pick her route last.

My favorite character is Ingrid. She does not only look like an angel, she also behaves like one. A nice, modest as honest young lady who wants to become stronger to protect her friends and herself. 

Secondaries are Lysi, Felix, Raphael, Marianne and Mercedes.

And Hilda is pretty much the destroyer in my Golden Deer run.

Lysithea holding on for her dear life!

Well, I have completed BE and BL on normal and I'm now GD Hard and early game was a bit more difficult in GD because a lot of my units still had to snowball before they got better.

No kidding, Hilda gets soooo strong. Right now mine just tanks every hit and I almost always see NO DAMAGE, NO DAMAGE or NO DAMAGE.

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

Tonton is probably too defensive of edelgard because she's his waifu

and because he first sided with her and her path obviously paints her on a better light and the church on a worse one. On the other paths, it's the opposite.

you both have waifus... dont know who to trust :thinking:

Waifu wars are srsbsns

11 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

This is one of the best comments I've seen related to this thread itself.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:30 PM, DragonFlames said:

thanks. Now, can you let me win 😉 

5 hours ago, Hekselka said:

No kidding, Hilda gets soooo strong. Right now mine just tanks every hit and I almost always see NO DAMAGE, NO DAMAGE or NO DAMAGE.

That is why I want her in Heroes so badly. She is strong, tanky and even really fast. 

She did even crit with broken weapons. 

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

Umm...how to kill dragons? 

I did not get the explanations and it restored HP over and over again. 

Lysi died by that...... but I killed the avatar off too (which took some turns though). 

What chapter?

31 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

The one Gilbert joins. 

But I think I know now what to do by asking somewhere else. 

Figured it was that one but I was somewhat confused because you called it a dragon.

That one particular enemy is fairly hard to defeat. It's one of the battles where I need to be careful no matter the difficulty but gambits should be really useful. Also don't rush that fight, when I rush that fight it tends to get me in more trouble than it's worth.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

I did not expect that bosses have ~150 HP at this point and a map attack which can oneshot. 

Honestly this is kinda the boss I wished the Fire Dragon of FE7 was, but not a chapter 5 boss.  

I do like those kind of bosses. They'll be easier to deal with once you'll get used to them.

On the topic of religious authorities in gaming, I found Amalthus in XC2 to be so peculiar. The writing around him starts shady, but then the game weaves in his backstory every so often, and he approaches sympathy or at least empathy. But then the game always snatches him away and reminds you he is pure evil. It never portrays Amalthus as a pity magnet, it wants you to something with him, but then it changes its mind and makes you want to kill him. Amalthus is a rocking chair that always creaks, but stays strong and never actually breaks apart.

This actually makes Amalthus rather unique in gaming, religious figures tend to be so black and white or outright pitiful. Amalthus is not gray, closer to black, but not black, so off-black?

I might be due for a username change, since I've just made it through a game that makes me question it. But then I'd have to think of a new name, and I'd have no idea what it should be.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I might be due for a username change, since I've just made it through a game that makes me question it. But then I'd have to think of a new name, and I'd have no idea what it should be.

Hmm? What game would that be?

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Is this one creepier?

Looks like the face of someone about to launch the superweapon as leader of AWwnC...

5gdUkyj.png

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm? What game would that be?

I just posted my review-ish thing in general gaming in the Watcha' Playing topic. Infinite Space. MASSIVE SPOILERS!:

Spoiler

An Observer is a human created by the Overlords with the power to alter reality by going into Fluxes. Observers are created ex nihilo, with superficial memories of prior life, but which when questioned have no actual depth to them. Observers can retain memories of events from before and after going into Fluxes, whereas everyone else barring the Trackers who are the partners of the Observers, have their memories adjusted after a Flux.

Given the Overlords = evil, I might want to change the term for this reason. Although the two Observers in the game, Yuri and Taranis, are both good guys. None of them or the Trackers are bad, why, nobody is even aware they're these things until they randomly discover ruins that tell them all this.

I'm not quite sure why the Overlords created Observers, or how a Lugovalian Emperor is an Observer. Since it seems Yuri's parents never actually existed (did he come into existence shortly before the game began?), while Taranis is Lugovalian Emperor number 117, which if he was exactly the same as Yuri, then that would mean Emperor 116 didn't actually exist. But here, perhaps people perceive that a 116th Emperor existed when he didn't. I don't think Lugovale itself is entirely a fiction that came out of nowhere, given the goal of the Empire is fighting the Overlords who created the Observers. Heck, why do the Overlords let the Observers try to oppose them, when every passing through a Void Gate sends the experiences of the Observers and Trackers to the Overlords? (Although to be fair, the Overlords can destroy planets in minutes.) And how the heck did the first Void Gate which let the Overlords into this universe come to be at all?

-All of this is dumped in the last two and half chapters in the game, which aren't each that long. I think the ideas were therefore poorly executed and could have been managed better. The choice to stick to simple politics and fighting the threat of the Lugovalian Empire for the vast majority of the narrative resulted in the more supernatural elements of it being rushed. They didn't even bother changing the term "Overlord", which is directly ripped from the Arthur C. Clarke sci-fi novel Childhood's End.

Hmm, well, I suppose if you feel like it, then so be it. Personally, I wouldn't change my username for a reason like that; but that's just me.

Heck, my username comes from... I wouldn't say outright villains of Chrono Cross. The Acacia Dragoons are more like good guys with a combination of not playing nice and being manipulated to be against you during the early game. Then again, that's a totally different situation I guess.

Not to mention, I'd never change my username for any reason, anyway.

22 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I know, I know. I was just making a meta comment... something like that.

And about letting people draw whatever they want, I was just playing along.

Alright. Everything's okay, then!

I'm familiar with Chrono Cross, I played through the game once. Not sure if I would again, it really has its issues. But it looks pretty at least. And I guess the Dragoons were nice, if maybe one too many, even if it was going for a shitennoh setup (there are four, right?- Karsh, Girl, Muscleman, and Somebody I Forget?). Also, I thought Viper himself died at that one point, but he lives instead.

I don't like the idea of changing my username, since it'll momentarily confuse everyone else, and I really like what it is. But I'll think about it.

TBF, I take forever to make names in video games, they have to look nice, and they have to sound and flow just as finely. I was going to name a ship in Infinite Space "Wave Exist", but the game's font made the "x" look so terrible I couldn't go through with it. In the end, my fleet was named: Zohar, Prussia (for an Eberlin carrier), Shirogane, Hassaleh, and Subspace.

I just read a Siliconera article on why fans in Japan are bombing the Dragon Quest V movie. And I gotta say, I think the movie deserves it reading the spoilers behind why it's being harshly criticized. DQV does not deserve to be associated with this movie. My Tension is 100, my MP is 999, Magic Burst is ready to fire.

Although on a separate note, actually fitting the entirety of DQV into a single film would be difficult. Although three separate movies would be wrong too, since the first arc is too short for a separate one. Condensing games to films is difficult, which might be partly why adaptations have largely failed, amongst many many other bigger faults.