The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And then there's people like Mercedes...

Yeah, she's one of the few who's look I like less post timeskip.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

pudding. Atleast robots, even goofy ones, are kinda threatening xD

I thought the game is suppossed to be easy xD

If ch 7 is the chapter I think it is those pegasi are strong because they have a special class. Their pegasus knight class is one specifically made for them in that chapter.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And then there's people like Mercedes...

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with that one. Should have kept the long hair smh.
In the same vein, I'm not entirely a fan of Ingrid's post-time skip design, either. And the less said about Edelgard's weird hairdo, the better.

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

If ch 7 is the chapter I think it is those pegasi are strong because they have a special class. Their pegasus knight class is one specifically made for them in that chapter.

That would certainly explain a lot.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

pudding. Atleast robots, even goofy ones, are kinda threatening xD

Even when said goofy robot is Nepgeardam?

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I thought the game is suppossed to be easy xD

It is. Kind of. Depends on how lucky you get with level-ups and how you spend your time/teach your students.
But every now and again, for no apparent reason, the game throws stuff like that at you. At least one route is also a little too deeply in love with siege weaponry like ballistae, catapults, Meteor and Bolting spells.

33 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even when said goofy robot is Nepgeardam?

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

NANDESKA KONO ROBOTO WA!

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

At least one route is also a little too deeply in love with siege weaponry like ballistae, catapults, Meteor and Bolting spells.

Kaga intensifies

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

NANDESKA KONO ROBOTO WA!

Best special attack in JRPG history, for sure. Alongside Pudding! of course.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kaga intensifies

I haven't played the original original FE games, but I have played their remakes and... none of them were as siege weapon-happy as Three Houses. In that route I mentioned, there is a map that has no less than 4 siege tome mages, 2 ballistae, one catapult, and at least one magic catapult. And a variation of that happens every map up to and including the final chapter

Where the final boss has a pretty strong attack that reaches across the entire Genealogy-sized map. On top of copious amounts of siege tomes. And it can attack twice, because fuck you.

Oh man, that reminds me of the second to last chapter of SRW A.

Long snaking corridor with 3-8 (and some up to 3-11, iirc) range Funnels and Reflector Bits from Mobile Suits that include up to the Psycho Gundam mk II... that chapter is a nightmare...

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't played the original original FE games, but I have played their remakes and... none of them were as siege weapon-happy as Three Houses. In that route I mentioned, there is a map that has no less than 4 siege tome mages, 2 ballistae, one catapult, and at least one magic catapul

FE4 and FE5 has a lot of them

You sometimes have to deal with a Row of Ballistas in these games

Edited by Shrimperor

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Best special attack in JRPG history, for sure. Alongside Pudding! of course.

I haven't played the original original FE games, but I have played their remakes and... none of them were as siege weapon-happy as Three Houses. In that route I mentioned, there is a map that has no less than 4 siege tome mages, 2 ballistae, one catapult, and at least one magic catapult. And a variation of that happens every map up to and including the final chapter

Hide contents

Where the final boss has a pretty strong attack that reaches across the entire Genealogy-sized map. On top of copious amounts of siege tomes. And it can attack twice, because fuck you.

Man fuck that final map.

Spoiler

The GD version of that map is a million times better. 

Aside from Edelgard attacking there's also one other thing I despise about that map. Could be that it's also in the GD version but I ignored it there. 

At the right side of the map there's this mage that has a spell that cuts down your health to 1. Seriously who wouldn't take the left side!? That side is easily the safest.

There’s Lysithea and Mage Godess Lysithea now. 

Haha inb4 Attack on Lysithea happens.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

The red sidequests are way harder than the story chapters. 

Even if they are based on the avatar's level, they are really tough. Enemies who can even double the avatar. Normally opposite would happen. No chance for a Lys-solo. 

You’re not forced to do those are you?

Edited by Hekselka

I am aware of that, but I like to get the rewards and especially weapon experience. There are some units who have to be reclassed.

Btw I have tons of rusted lamces, but cannot forge them. 

Also good to see a Lysi-fanclub in SF. She deserves all the love she can get! 

Edited by Lysithea

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Let me introduce to you a little slice of Thracia:

Spoiler

map10.png

This is Chapter 10. There are six ballistae here, and that robed guy two spaces north of a forest tile has Bolting. All of these have the power to 2HKO your units basically.

This is the chapter that introduces you to ballistae, and it holds no punches. Subsequent chapters can be just as plentiful with ballistae, albeit not as domineering with few ways around it as this one.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That mention of the Proto-Garland days ago makes me wish Megazone 23 could reappear in SRW. I kinda want to see this remastered, hahaha.

Though few things could top the fist-fight between Master Asia and Alberto the Shockwave. Too bad Giant Robo can't reappear in SRW for the time being...

How can this work in SRW? Isn't outer space usually a standard destination? You know, where there is nothing for tires to grab, or oxygen to breathe?

But what am I saying? If Sanger can always find cliffs to leap off of for Tornado Blade, then motorcycles can function without gravity and an atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How can this work in SRW? Isn't outer space usually a standard destination? You know, where there is nothing for tires to grab, or oxygen to breathe?

But what am I saying? If Sanger can always find cliffs to leap off of for Tornado Blade, then motorcycles can function without gravity and an atmosphere.

No no, in this case it's actually stays realistic. Well, as realistic it can be with mechas, heh. Megazone 23's Garland, and it's upgrade, the Proto-Garland, have two forms. The motorcycle one from the video, and a power suit mode. In space stages, you can only be in the latter. There's no option to change forms in space. The bike gang attack can only be used while in motorbike form.

Even the enemy battleship you see in the video works on the same principle. Those are Zanscare Empire Adrasteas, who have wheels to move on land; but are also air/space capable. Though in that case, the fold the wheels to a horizontal position; and they do have a different sprite for when they appear in space. They don't use their aireborn form on surface stages, they always appear grounded in those cases.

Of course, you can still give the Garland a Minovsky Craft so it can fly... and yes, the Trash Gang attack still works, so you have motorbikes in the air.

By the way, SRW has actually done games where you don't go to space at all. For SRW EX and SRW Compact 3. For EX is since it takes place in La Gias, which is in a pocket dimension but also kinda deep within the Earth's surface. So no way to get to space. For Compact 3... no explanation is given. They just simply never go to space. Everything happens on Earth... except the parts of Biston Well (which is in the same situation as La Gias), and Escaflowne's Gaia, though travel between the three places is through warping.

---

Interesting. So the FoMT remake will include elements from BTN. That's good to know. 

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

FE4 and FE5 has a lot of them

You sometimes have to deal with a Row of Ballistas in these games

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let me introduce to you a little slice of Thracia:

Reveal hidden contents

map10.png

This is Chapter 10. There are six ballistae here, and that robed guy two spaces north of a forest tile has Bolting. All of these have the power to 2HKO your units basically.

This is the chapter that introduces you to ballistae, and it holds no punches. Subsequent chapters can be just as plentiful with ballistae, albeit not as domineering with few ways around it as this one.

I stand ever so mildly corrected. Holy hell...
Still, it's pretty annoying in Three Houses. Particularly that one route.

Honestly, i usually dealt with them in FE4/5 by using high evasion units

Which boils down to Forseti or Eryn/Fee in FE4

or Dismounted Karen and Fergus in FE5 (since they could support and give avoid to each other)

here is another Ballista Spam from FE4 

DWgyCqL.png

This from Binary hack, but iirc the og FE4 had the same ones

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This from Binary hack, but iirc the og FE4 had the same ones

There were. But I recall that wall to be fairly weak. Not sure of what stats the Ballistae have, but I think they're very low, despite the weapons themselves having 20-30 Mt (I think these are Killer Ballistae, so 25 Mt). FE4 having inflated HP values helps make it sting less.

I just swept that particular bunch with Seliph and maybe some other mounties. Once you seize the castle, they all vanish anyhow.

The real issue of FE4 with long range enemies is Chapter 10's abundance of status staffs. I do like how the enemies are clustered just outside the starting castle though, that part was a good fun hard.