The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There were. But I recall that wall to be fairly weak. Not sure of what stats the Ballistae have, but I think they're very low, despite the weapons themselves having 20-30 Mt (I think these are Killer Ballistae, so 25 Mt). FE4 having inflated HP values helps make it sting less.

tbf, FE4 in general had pretty low enemy quality in huge numbers. Which is one of the biggest problems with the game imo

Facing a block of Enemies that basically has 0 hit and 0 MT isn't fun

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say SRW is worse at pulling sniping nightmare.

Come to think of it, maybe I would indeed find it not that bothersome the FE ones in comparison...

At least SRW deaths only cause unusability for the rest of the current mission, and inflict a funds repair cost that can be repaid fifteen times over with one well placed Strike-Valor-Luck/Bless Cyflash.

FE has permadeath, that's a lot worse. And TearRing Saga has Krishna, who I'm about to recruit. Like PoR Chapter 3 and Marcia, but about ....twenty times worse? I exaggerate, but having only tested the map to see when Krishna triggers, I'm wondering how much the Harpy summoner is going to prove problematic.

Random news of the day- people who use more emojis have more sex.😙

Hey, not every game has something like Cyflash; and considering money is used for upgrades, you still don't want to loose units during a chapter.

Though yeah, permadeath is worse on paper. Since at least SRW has the Game Over trick as a pseudo Continue+; and also enemies are scaled up to a point. I'd still take permadeath, it's more fun. That's why I'd never choose Casual on FE.

Ah, those kind of recruitments. Certainly a nice challenge at times.

Speaking about Perma Death, i love the way Valkyria Chronicles does it.

In VC, if an allied unit gets KO'd, you have either 3 Turns to rescue them or until an enemy reaches them. If any of these happens, the unit permadies

Due to my stupidity and the lone longbow sniping Alicia, I had to redo Chapter 13 TRS twice for the same reason.

And the Harpy summoner is absolutely utterly inconsistent.  First run it didn't do it on the first turn, but then used it sometimes on the subsequent turns. The second time, it uses its staff with wild abandon. The third, it used it in the ~10 turns I took maybe twice.

Turns out had I sent Martel to kill it, I could have gotten the Harpy staff, but given the Harpies carry 7 Mt bows and spawn 3 at a time with same turn movement, that was too risky. Instead, Raquel and Holmes took advantage of the chance for maximum EXP for minimal damage. And assuming the Harpy staff would make NPC allies with the same stats for me, well I'm barely missing out on anything. At most, they'd provide flying meatshields and a little anti-flier clip of about 24 effective Atk and a good likelihood of doubling.

Speaking of Raquel, she definitely belongs "Good Bow Infantry" club, keeping alive the adage "Archers fail, Snipers all hail!". She might be unable to kill humans, but her bases are aces. What little personality I see of her I like too, and her design is pretty.

And Holmes, well with Runan being bland generic FE lord, Holmes is interesting. Much better stats too.

And Valkyria Chronicles permadeath works. It's a good deterrent against the most reckless of rushing, even if a lone Scout or Shocktrooper can still break maps in half with a cautioned rush. Means you can't just throw bodies at a problem.

On 8/17/2019 at 7:58 PM, Tryhard said:

@Nobody i found shooty souls that doesn't look terrible - it comes out in a couple of days.

still haven't finished sekiro

Oh, it does look good. If you do get it, tell me how it is.

havent finished sekiro either. Demon of hatred is too strong =\

and i've also been playing too much fire emblem

Edited by Nobody

3 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Can’t she use warp in any mage class as long as you train her faith?

Bishop doubles White Magic uses, so you can Warp twice instead of just once. Gremory does, too.
And yes, you only need to get her to B-rank in Faith (I think - or was it A-rank?) to get her Warp.

4 hours ago, Lysithea said:

People recommended me to train Lysi in swords to become mortal servant. Is it really better for her than gremory?

From an optimization standpoint probably not, but I did so anyway, because I thought the class' outfit looked awesome on her and she already had the mastery skill for all her Magic classes, and she still one-shotted everything anyway. Gremory is better in that it gives you double uses on Dark Magic. And it doesn't lower your Speed growth by 10% if that's something you care about.
And, as @Hekselka said, the only way Lysithea is going to do damage with swords is if you hand her a Levin Sword, because while her Magic is godlike, her Strength... isn't.

12 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Can’t she use warp in any mage class as long as you train her faith?

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Bishop doubles White Magic uses, so you can Warp twice instead of just once. Gremory does, too.
And yes, you only need to get her to B-rank in Faith (I think - or was it A-rank?) to get her Warp.

@Hekselka

I guess I mixed things up.  

When I meant warp, I meant warping herself (=rewarp as in FE5). If warping an ally was meant, then yeah, she can use it already. She has B in faith. 

I wanted to promote Marianne in a mage Knight because of her affinity to horses and animals in general, but unfortunately not in this run.......because you already know. 

Also in chapter 15 Lysi's birthday became almost her deathday, but thankfully units cannot die to poison and lava in this game.  

6 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I guess I mixed things up.  

When I meant warp, I meant warping herself (=rewarp as in FE5). If warping an ally was meant, then yeah, she can use it already. She has B in faith.

I don't think Rewarp exists in Three Houses. I'm not sure, but I haven't seen that spell yet. Would have been pretty useful, though.

---

For whatever reason, Bernadetta is getting MVP on nearly every map. Not that I'm complaining.

Reward would speed up things. 

I mean warping Byleth to solo her would work too. 

Actually by overusing Byleth I got a problem. She is so much ahead of the others in terms of levels that I made myself the red sidequests harder because they are all based on Byleth's level. This game becomes more and more a Byleth-solo what I do not like since some others need to upgrade their weapon ranks.