The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

To be fair, Ian McDiarmid NAILED the role. I'd say he was the best part about the prequels (next to Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan).

Ewan McGregor is my favorite but Ian also did a great job.

It's just that I've seen so many prequel memes that it's one of the first things that come to mind whenever I see it.

I also love this

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hilarious! XD
Though the scene itself is... like, wow. It actually made me feel queasy when I first saw it.
I'm one of the rare people who watched all the Star Wars films in their chronological order (so I watched the prequels before the OT), so... yeah. Holy crap.

Edited by DragonFlames

I do not know how shameful it is to say that I have watched the three old Star Wars parts like 30 times in my life yet, but none of the ones after Episode I. And the only thing I associated with Episode I was the podracer race which I played the according game on the N64, a very good F-Zero copy, but did not beat it iirc. 

Edited by Lysithea

Yugioh game for the switch just arrived and I got 3 free cards with the game and I'm already looking at the descriptions thinking 'what the fuck is this'

Oh well I'll just play the game for the old stuff and hope that the newer seasons have some tutorials because wew this is going to take some time to learn.

5 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I do not know how shameful it is to say that I have watched the three old Star Wars parts like 30 times in my life yet, but none of the ones after Episode I.

Not really since the original three movies are considered the best.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is hilarious! XD
Though the scene itself is... like, wow. It actually made me feel queasy when I first saw it.
I'm one of the rare people who watched all the Star Wars films in their chronological order (so I watched the prequels before the OT), so... yeah. Holy crap.

My sister actually cried when we watched that scene when we were young.

Edited by Hekselka

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

My sister actually cried when we watched that scene when we were young.

Perfectly understandable.

1 minute ago, Lysithea said:

Jar Jar Bings ruined the series for me. I really hated that guy so much. His appearance was so annoying to me.

Well, you're not alone in that. I think half the world feels that way.
I'm pretty neutral on him, but I agree the movies would have been better without him.

And on that note: what are some of your favorite movies, everyone?
Mine include Painted Skin (2008), Painted Skin: The Resurrection, The Truman Show, James Bond: Goldfinger, Spaceballs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

Also I forgot to mention that Episode I was the movie I went to the cinema for the last time. Yes, I have not seen the cinema from the inside in this millennium yet, lol. Watching movies at home is more comfortable anyways.

My favorite movie is Home Alone. Also like Back To Future, Ghostbusters and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I grew up with the 80s.

Edited by Lysithea

Jar Jar didn't bother me that much and honestly I think that they were being kind of harsh with what they did to him in the disney canon but yeah the movies would've been better without him.

I barely watch any movies anymore. I watch anime or the occasional netflix show but the last movie I watched was Detective Pikachu and that was mostly because "hey guys let's watch that movie for nostalgia!". Also, my sister wanted to watch it with me so I had no choice.

I made it to Chapter 16 TRS, it brings to mind the pre-Duma Tower Jedah battle in SoV. Why? Mogalls, multiplying Mogalls in a swamp. 

Except the map is worse, because you have to open a chest in the middle of the swamp to win besides killing the boss, which will take like ~5 turns at least to get a Lockpick character to, and each turn along the way they take damage. Then you have to get out, and you'll have to bring bodyguards to avoid having the Lockpick unit killed by the flying Mogalls (only 4 Mov thankfully). Though beyond the one chest, the game is kind enough to give a safe terra firm rim around the swamp. And there are four other chests you have to open, three of which have "invisible" paths that look like cave walls you have to walk through to reach, but moving the cursor to the right spaces or bring up the Select button map reveals the paths. Did I mention because the cave is indoors, that fliers are forced to dismount, no easy Mogall eradication in the bog.

And, all the Mogalls can multiply, but except for the Arch Mogall, when a Mogall replicates itself, it halves its HP. However, they maintain the same 15 Atk and 11 AS, which is really fast and strong enough to 2RKO those of middleweight durability and Speed. The first sliver lining is that they only barely break 50 Hit, so they're easy to dodge, practically guaranteed when you stand in the oddity of cave forests around the Arch Mogall. They have poor Def and very little HP after so much self-division, with a weakness to Bows. They aren't very aggressive either, they mostly futz around doing nothing, only a handful will ever approach you from afar.

The Arch Mogall is a little different, it never moves, and only attacks you when you're in its range. It carries the Thunder spell called God Hand (localized as FE's more familiar Thoron- a move I understand, but question), which is enough to 2HKO anyone, and it has like 60 HP, but its slow, and Holmes can kill twice over with a Longbow and it's utterly harmless. And yes, it has to die twice, since it hold an Elixir (which was fan translated as "Azioth" to use the word "Elixir" for an item called a Healing Drop, which fully restores HP like a normal FE Elixir), which it revives it with full health when killed.

It took me about 30 turns to clear. But I could have been more aggressive I think. I had Holmes, Raquel, and Vega take the lead chopping up Mogalls, while Samson, Shigen, and Lionel protected Juni, Katri, Plum, and Lyria. It was a job, but a job that didn't do much for them (although Lionel dies very easy with a mere 5 Def). I didn't need three healers it turned out, but Lyria got a lot of Sing spam in with Plum's Dance help. 

On the positive side, Vega is now level 18, my closest to promotion, with fairly good stats (I'll take 11 Str when Shigen is 12 with 7). While Raquel entered this battle at level 14, and left at 20, she was bonkers here and I think she's set for the rest of the game, I think the RNG has favored me with her growths. Holmes did very well too, whereas Runan had horrendous levelups for me, Holmes hasn't failed to consistently proc about 3 or more stats per level. Thats odd, because most characters (aka not Zieg of 380, which is still 345 sans Mastery growth, which is enough to qualify for Radiant Dawn as equal to Zihark better than Ike and Shinon) I see have no more than 280 in total growths, Holmes has only 270. He shouldn't be doing so well.

One TRS nitpick, San's profile:

SunFrau

Her face seems rougher and less polished than the other characters' (Frau and her green hair here). Not as much gloss, it looks like one or two developmental stages unfinished.

And if any here has played TRS, does Shigen actually regain playability if you have him gameplay-die for early Sierra? I'm not willing to prematurely summon this supposedly broken Witch lady if I can't use Shigen anymore.

And if anyone questions my right to post in great detail about TRS here. One, plenty of 3H discussion has been had. And two, because I say so!

The moment when you just tripped on a street on the way to work and got the diagnosis of a meniscus tore and a longer work suspension... 😒

Now I know walking on the streets is dangerous.

Really I have no time for this... 

Being stuck at home and being sent to the hospital for multiple investatigations and maybe more operations in the next two weeks is annoying.