• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lol. So I was there, just randomly reading through the Board section of DQV on GameFAQs; and in one thread one post goes "When I inherit $500,000,000 and fund the movie made from this game". They're all discussing about what the recruited monsters were doing between Arcs 2 and 3. Yes, wondering about it when that happened.

Anyway... yeah, it's amusing to read that, when knowing a movie was indeed made about the game eventually, hahahaha. The post is over five years old, so... yeah.

Good thing for me I never had to deal with that.

On the other hand, what my brother did do once was run through the room while I was using my PS2... not jump over the controller cable; and because my grip on the controller was strong enough, it means the PS2 itself was the one dragged off into the ground.

Thankfully, it was the big and bulky PS2 model, so it still kept on working for a few years more.

I bought it for 10 € a few months ago. 

I have to admit I have only played like five chapters yet because I have problems with the controls. It is like XCOM but with in-time-controlling instead of giving commands. I often pressed the wrong buttons or too late so I crouched after taking some (head)shots.  

The story and characters (especially Alicia) are great. Also the area in which the game takes place is imteresting. Cities of Germany and Benelux made it in (even my hometown among others). 

The gameplay is not made for me unfortunately, but for people who can get used to the controls, they will have fun for sure. 

55 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Umm...with new game+ the game told me that I imported the professor's rank, but after finishing an earlygame quest, this bar rised. 

Have I done something wrong? 

You can "buy" your professor rank with the renown you have at the desk in your room. The same thing goes for unlocked weapon ranks (for everyone including Byleth), supports (Byleth only, as far as I'm aware), and Crest Stones that give your characters the effects of certain crests.

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Is Valkyrie Chronicles good?

It's amazing. VC4 is my favourite SRPG.

Are the four games related through story?

1,3 and 4 happen at the same time, but from different point of views/factions.

2 happens after them, but might as well be non-canon since the end of 4 implies 2 didn't happen. 2 is also the worst game in the series.

2, 3 have a big problem with the maps. Since they are on portable console, instead of having normal sized maps, they have tiny maps connected to each other, and they keep recycling these maps over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Should I get VK4 instead (getting them on the switch either way)?

you can start with VC4 no problem. However VC1 is much cheaper afaik.

I'll say it like this: VC1 has better Story/Characters, while VC4 has superior gameplay.

The Objective variety in the first quarter of VC4 alone puts most FEs to shame

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

You can "buy" your professor rank with the renown you have at the desk in your room. The same thing goes for unlocked weapon ranks (for everyone including Byleth), supports (Byleth only, as far as I'm aware), and Crest Stones that give your characters the effects of certain crests.

Thanks! 

I expected to be asked this before starting the file. 

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

you can start with VC4 no problem. However VC1 is much cheaper afaik.

I'll say it like this: VC1 has better Story/Characters, while VC4 has superior gameplay.

The Objective variety in the first quarter of VC4 alone puts most FEs to shame

Thanks! Ended up getting VC1.

TRS has one interesting Arena. At first, going at it with Vega seemed hard, particularly because enemies have good stats, can pack skills, and carry Killer weapons. And this was with him being taught Arena Fighter.

But then someone said to use Tom (and I gave him Arena Fighter), and he does melt the challenge and make grinding money super easy. He has high Def and being a Bow unit is able to sidestep dangerous melee weapons. Helping him is the game letting you preview the enemy's class, so I can refuse to fight magic users without wasting money against them, and instead stick to physical foes he can tank. I've twice gone from 10k to 30k thanks to Tom, even if I don't really need that much money. But, as the game has you use your own weapons in the Arena, you do have to worry about durability and buy new ones, and you don't want to have your weapons break mid-fight, which can happen. But if you live long enough, the fight will end in a draw and you'll be refunded.

All in all, a system that is dangerous, and yet very exploitable at the same time. It's FE's third best Arena (FE4's and FE12's Drill Grounds are better).

Is someone here acknowledged with the Playstation Portable? 

I set a suiting adapter with microship in, but the console does not identify it. I still cannot save files. Does this console need a special microchip?

I would like to start the Trails of Zero finally, but I do not think it is a good idea to set the console to set on standby everytime and still taking the risk that the console turns off sometime and so lose my save file.  

So far the Black Eagles is the worst party by far because everyone gets about 2.5 stats per level in average aside of Edelgard. 

As for the characters they are my least favorite too although I have not read their supports yet. Ferdinand and Linhardt are just not likable. I mean being sleepy was a fun attitude of Haar, but this trait has become old.

Also I thought B-support was enough for recruitment. But in Marianne's case, it was not. 😞 

Edited by Lysithea