• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

So far the Black Eagles is the worst party by far because everyone gets about 2.5 stats per level in average aside of Edelgard. 

As for the characters they are my least favorite too although I have not read their supports yet. Ferdinand and Linhardt are just not likable. I mean being sleepy was a fun attitude of Haar, but this trait has become old.

Also I thought B-support was enough for recruitment. But in Marianne's case, it was not. 😞 

Sometimes when you try to recruit a character with a B support they might refuse at first but then ask you to join you on a random calendar day.

Edited by Hekselka

15 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Thanks!

Always happy to help!

4 hours ago, Lysithea said:

So far the Black Eagles is the worst party by far because everyone gets about 2.5 stats per level in average aside of Edelgard. 

As for the characters they are my least favorite too although I have not read their supports yet. Ferdinand and Linhardt are just not likable. I mean being sleepy was a fun attitude of Haar, but this trait has become old.

Linhardt isn't just sleepy. He's also a giant a-hole and a creep. Some of his lines are funny, yes, but his character (and design) is... eh.
But what really killed him for me was his support chain with Flayn. Like, Jesus dude, don't you realize you're being creepy as heck?!? It's the Henry-Nowi thing all over again. *shudder*
Ferdinand does get better at some point, but at that point, his arrogance has already killed him for me. Caspar is kind of annoying, too, but he grew on me over time. I still wouldn't list him among my favorite characters, though. Not by a long shot.

For me, Black Eagles is the worst group not just because most units are middling at best (only Petra, Dorothea, and MAYBE Bernadetta and Edelgard are what I would call truly good, Ferdinand, Caspar, and Linhardt suck and Hubert's best/recommended classes require you to defeat/steal from a very strong boss), but also because the characters as a whole just aren't doing it for me. I do like Petra, Edelgard, and Bernadetta, but everyone else is either somewhere in the middle or I don't like them at all.

Edited by DragonFlames

Berni seems to be a joke character (so far). 

Idk if I ever want to see Ferdinand's supports because he has leveled like nothing so far. He is only good in big mouthing. 

Caspar is the only BE besides Edelgard who got decent levels. 

Dorothea has better strength than magic growth for some reason. 

16 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Idk if I ever want to see Ferdinand's supports because he has leveled like nothing so far. He is only good in big mouthing.

image.png?w=416&c=1

Sorry, I had to. XD

16 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Dorothea has better strength than magic growth for some reason. 

That's some major RNG screwage right there. Ouch.

EDIT: Some support spoilers for Caspar:

The best thing about Caspar is that he friendzones Dorothea in their A-support. I legit laughed at that.

Edited by DragonFlames

I'm curious, does 3H imposes some kind of secondary condition or else it's Game Over in their final maps?

I got reminded how SRW tends to do that from time to time, which is interesting depending on the situation.

7 hours ago, Lysithea said:

The Black Eagles remind me on a crowd of Jeigans..........regarding their level ups, not their usefulness. 

Make Petra a Wyvern rider/lord, then Ferdinand a paladin, and get Ferdinand's lance rank to A ASAP for swift strikes, then the only stat that matter for him is STR.

also, if you want to side with edelgard, you need to do some stuff before chapter 11, so check it out so you're not stuck siding with the church.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I got reminded how SRW tends to do that from time to time, which is interesting depending on the situation.

Like stopping the entire White Star from colliding with the Earth, by surrounding it with the Fairlions and two other puny mechs.

I get why they had to get rid of that thing, but unless Stern Regisseur was not in Compact (or Impact, whatever Kyosuke/Excellen/Alfimi's origin game was), shrinking the White Star into a one-space-one-unit is really pushing the size-one map space unreality thing.

I wish Xenogears featured in an SRW, but SE is so stingy with it, even though they next to never use the IP. Just leave out giant Chuchu, but do include a scene where Gharnef on foot strips some arrogant young hotshot pilot's mech of 68% of its current HP. And be sure to feature the scrapped El-Crescens, El-Siezbehn, El-Stier, the normally unplayable El-Regulus, and whilst we're at it, add as a secret mech Miang's C1-Vierge.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Like stopping the entire White Star from colliding with the Earth, by surrounding it with the Fairlions and two other puny mechs.

I get why they had to get rid of that thing, but unless Stern Regisseur was not in Compact (or Impact, whatever Kyosuke/Excellen/Alfimi's origin game was), shrinking the White Star into a one-space-one-unit is really pushing the size-one map space unreality thing.

I remember that one. It's among the easier ones since you only need four units to box it in. More interesting ones are A's, where it's a straight "Defeat final boss in 10 turns", or Alpha Gaiden's "Defend this 5x5 big area". The latter is fun since the 5x5 is a base with it's terrain bonuses; so you can just use all your units to box the perimeter and camp. Too bad Shu doesn't move towards you; but he's near a 3x3 base anyway.

Of course he's not. The White Star is from the Alpha continuity, not Compact2/Impact. THey have the Neue Regisseur as final boss (unless you unlock the true ending, in which case the final boss is Char). Heh, yeah, it can look kinda silly. Especially when the White Star occupied good chunks of the map in previous stages. Then again, it's either that or you pull something like Z Master in W, where he occupied a good portion of the map... but only one tile is the "unit" to attack (so the rest of him was basically the background). Then again, I think in Alpha 2 (and/or 3) he too was just one-tile big.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More interesting ones are A's, where it's a straight "Defeat final boss in 10 turns"

*Spams Rouse* Will must be raised NOW! 

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, it's either that or you pull something like Z Master in W, where he occupied a good portion of the map... but only one tile is the "unit" to attack.

That I could readily see. A big thingy, but one particular little spot/appendage/core when destroyed will immediately cripple/kill the entire foe. Maybe make the rest of the map generate enemies from the BIG bad which might be other regenerative parts of it.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Especially when the White Star occupied good chunks of the map in previous stages.

I recall the Einst-then-Vindel+Lemon map when Neue had begun reshaping the White Star featured what looked like a brain in it. Was this supposed to hint at the true ending if you didn't get enough Battle Masteries? And I know Alfimi and Neue spoke earlier of what implies a body for Neue.

I should try some of the non-OG1/2 GBA SRWs. I'm not into anime, but I can learn to love the stuff I'll see.

But first comes finishing TRS! Only one SRPG on my plate at any time. 

I honestly can't say what I make of Holmes 3/4ths of the way in. He is prickish, but given Runan is a boring Marthian lord (as opposed to one who endears itself to me, like Leif), he is refreshing. What follows his repatriation of Granada is uhh... gold I think I felt it was?

And oddly, during my Arena grind, I encountered an enemy Privateer, which is Holmes's personal class, no other allies or enemies have it. Its sprite matched Holmes perfectly. I haven't seen any Lords though.

If you haven't tried TearRing Saga and don't mind emulating, I'd suggest it. It really is just like mainline FE. Though if you don't like SoV's enemy summon spam, some midgame fights will anger you.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Spams Rouse* Will must be raised NOW! 

That I could readily see. A big thingy, but one particular little spot/appendage/core when destroyed will immediately cripple/kill the entire foe. Maybe make the rest of the map generate enemies from the BIG bad which might be other regenerative parts of it.

I recall the Einst-then-Vindel+Lemon map when Neue had begun reshaping the White Star featured what looked like a brain in it. Was this supposed to hint at the true ending if you didn't get enough Battle Masteries? And I know Alfimi and Neue spoke earlier of what implies a body for Neue.

I don't remember if Rouse was in A. Probably was; but you probably still just go through the regular enemies for Morale/Will. Then again, they were Shadow Mirrors, who at least in A hit like a truck. I think it even applied to their "burrowed" repertoire, even if the pilots weren't, data-wise, SM pilots.

SRW has done it, if rare. 64 had the Devil Gundam taking over the Axis asteroid. Devil Axis, it's usually called. 2x3 big (or maybe it was bigger, don't remember exact size right now), but only the one-tile head was targettable.

I suppose it could be. I think SRW goes more Schrödinger's canon when it pulls multi-path or extended-path.

---

Oh, just remember another example. FF pulls double-duty in its DC route. Since you not only you need to prevent the Devil Gundam from reaching Earth, you also need to keep alive a Buff Clan battleship that defects the moment the final chapter begins. Who was at the very back of the fleet, so you basically have the rest of the Buff Clan between you and the defectors. Yup.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

Also, if you want to side with edelgard, you need to do some stuff before chapter 11, so check it out so you're not stuck siding with the church.

Does the game explicit give a hint?

I would like to support her first.

Wanted to do church's route at last. 

Also has the early promotion something to do with that? 

I have no idea how to bring everyone to level 30 so early. 

1 minute ago, Lysithea said:

Does the game explicit give a hint?

I would like to support her first.

Wanted to do church's route at last. 

Also has the early promotion something to do with that? 

I have no idea how to bring everyone to level 30 so early. 

You need to have a C+ support with her, and then talk to her at the monastery the month before chapter 11, so you can travel with her for the weekend.

oh, no need for early promotion, i was just saying their best classes. Just go with brigand for petra and cavalier for ferdinand for now.

OK!  

That should be no problem. 

I am at chapter 6 and got C support already. 

I promoted Petra to a myrmidon because I thought falcon knight would be the best class for her. But now I notice that she has strength in axes, so wyvern lord definitely makes the most sense. 

Ferdinand will become a paladin (if he starts to get some useful levels finally).