• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't surprise me if almost every Tales game has an anime adaptation or OVA. I just remembered even Phantasia has OVA adaptations. So yeah...

Phantasia anime in popular to me.

Anyways Tales is a BIG series. It has several animes and tons of sidegames (fighting games, puzzle games, crossovers...).

Speaking of Zesty, I will never ever forget the two faced Ednas in a distance of a few meters from each other in a convention this year. It was just hilarious.

Edited by Lysithea

Speaking of sidegames, it's a very big shame none of the Phantasia ones ever get localized. I once saw a translated script of Narikiri Dungeon; and it had a very interesting story.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The Tales of the Abyss anime isn't entirely bad, either, it just rushes through the plot a bit (but the most important stuff is still there).

From what i know, the Abyss anime is the most game accurate out of all the Tales anime adaptions. Other adaptions differ at varying degrees, or aren't actually part of the game itself (like the Vesperia prequel anime movie that i never watched). All of the ones i've watched are of similar quality but the Zestiria anime is the most visually pleasing of them all (bad CGI aside) because Ufotable so that one's the best in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've seen some of the ToS OVAs. They were good, I think. It's been years.

I remember liking the Symphonia OVAs as well. I also remember that each one was about the standard length of a modern Doctor Who episode (so anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour).

13 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Speaking of Zesty, I will never ever forget the two faced Ednas in a distance of a few meters from each other in a conviction this year. It was just hilarious.

Was it casual Friday at the courthouse? Was the defendant one of the cosplayers? 😆

Phantasia was the first Tales game, it did invent the franchise, so it'd make sense it'd get a fair deal of attention. I'm curious about how the 2D Tales are, they don't get the same attention as the 3D ones, so I don't have as much of an idea about their quality. I played ToP GBA, but that is not good.

With it being rumored that SNK is getting a Smash DLC slot, I found this ...interesting🙃:

002_thumb.jpg

An Otome (dating sim/visual novel for straight females) for the King of Fighters series, with what appears to be 15 males featured.

Does a more niche fighting game franchise do more niche things than a more well-known one? I've never never heard of a Tekken or Street Fighter dating sim.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Phantasia was the first Tales game, it did invent the franchise, so it'd make sense it'd get a fair deal of attention. I'm curious about how the 2D Tales are, they don't get the same attention as the 3D ones, so I don't have as much of an idea about their quality.

I played a bit of PS1 Phantasia and it was.......alright. Plot and characters were standard fantasy fare, nothing bad but not really worth writing home about. The gameplay was kinda rough for me as it was a mixture of Tales combat just not clicking with me and, being a PS1 JRPG, not aging well. The thing that pissed me off the most (and i feel it would've even if i was around to play it when it first released) is that magic spells stop the game. If someone casts a spell that isn't healing or something like that, everything stops and you have to wait until the spell finishes it's animation. And if the spell is being spammed (either by enemies or party members), then you don't get to play the game.

In general though, the reason it's hard for me to actually play Tales games is because the older ones (even the 2D ones) feel like 3D fighters but trapped in a 2D plane and it just doesn't work for me. Newer ones like Zestiria, Berseria and the upcoming Arise are full 3D action RPG so i'm more likely to enjoy those.

I have a Five Guys near me, it's within a literal 5 minutes of my gym. 🏋️‍♀️🍔🤤🤦‍♂️

I haven't had a milkshake from there, but I do like a good black and white, the first I had was from a rare Bobby's Burger Palace. I have one of those close to me too, which I like; it's slightly more upscale than Five Guys. You can get potato chips on your burger there, which is crunchy good, if something you could technically do anywhere, but just never thought of trying.

It isn't far away from where i live, either, like ~20 minutes with the bus, ~10 minutes walk from uni

Combining the milkshake with a subway sandwhich before it makes for a 👌 experience

Edited by Shrimperor

Ay, Subway's good. My friend keeps trying to convince me that it sucks and that Firehouse is better but between Subway, Wawa and Firehouse, i'm least likely to eat at the last one. Wawa subs are like, of similar quality to Subway but it's cheaper so sometimes i go there.

As for milkshakes, since Five Guys is rare, i usually get them at Steak n Shake thanks to their Happy Hour deals (where milkshakes are $1 from 2-5 PM on weekdays).

I'd be willing to let you borrow my Wii U, for a time. Meet me at the Wright Brothers National Memorial in North Carolina on two Sundays from now. I will be the parking lot in silver El Dorado. Say to me "What is over the rainbow?", and I will give you your glorious sight. You will have exactly four months to the day before I want it back, I will then wait for you at the Reed Gold Mine parking lot, also in North Carolina. If I do not see you, I will have to take measures I can't describe here.

And about Brexit, the UK will be absolutely fine! A new season of the Great British Baking Show has begun airing. Every Briton can lose themselves in cakes, pastries, pies, and savory breads. Be amazed by the gorgeous showstopper bakes, and be happily appalled by everyone messing up in the technical challenge. American baking competitions have nothing on the UK's shining edible star. And it is eleven weeks long, so by the time the buttercream drains from your system and you awake on a Genoise sponge, the no-deal Brexit will have come and gone.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:46 PM, Armagon said:

From what i know, the Abyss anime is the most game accurate out of all the Tales anime adaptions.

Yup, that about sums it up. If you've never played the game, you'd still understand what's going on (even though the finer layers of character depths and developments are missing due to the anime "only" having 26 episodes, but you still get a great gist of what to expect from the game itself.
Zestiria's story is almost entirely original after a certain point and I can't comment on the Symphonia OVAs or the Phantasia anime, the latter of which I had never heard of until now.