The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

typical bolsonaro

we don't go a single day without someone from that family saying something incredibly stupid

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

how hard is maddening really

I've barely even looked at anything for three houses

pretty tough tbh. Stats are really high and exp gains are slowed down, so you can't shovel it all on a few characters and go breaking everything. Sort of reminds me of FE12 with everyone being 2hkoed.

NG+ probably makes it much easier, but I'm playing on a NG file.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hahahahaha. So tonight as i go to put my dinner in the microwave, i see a small cockroach in my dinner. So i had to throw it all away. Fuck Florida.

All hope isn't lost though, i called my mom and she can bring me something to eat (in like an hour or so).

throwing away extra protein?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But at least 3H hasn't copied FEH with additional difficulties of Infernal

there was another difficulty datamined and it was called infernal, but it was apparently scrapped.

IDK how it'd even be beatable tbh, considering maddening chapters 1-3 already push your units to their limits.

My mom brought me a chicken sandwich. All is good.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm surprised you still have an appetite. A cockroach would leave me paranoid and barely able to eat through the next day.

Well, i still have to eat something. I actually can't sleep with an empty stomach, it's very uncomfortable (also, i typically go to bed at around 1 to 2 in the morning because i'm kinda a night owl, so if i didn't eat anything now, i'd been going several hours without eating anything). Also the cockroach wasn't that big. It was actually pretty small but it's still a cockroach, meaning my dinner was ruined.

I actually do have a bit of insect/arachnophobia but it really just depends on the size. Bigger insects trigger my flight response. It's not that i get scared of them, it's more of just i get on really high alert when i see big roaches, spiders, etc. Thankfully, i do have the killer spray things so i don't have to get too close to them when having to kill them.

Bees, wasps and similar insects are a different matter, i'm actually scared of those (moreso wasps than bees).

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can FE stop trying to come up with new ultimate difficulty names? Maniac would have sufficed, or the less casual Merciless. The only fix FE12 would have needed to is to rebrand Normal as Easy and to rebrand Hard as Normal. Hard then replaces Maniac, and Maniac/Merciless replaces Lunatic. 

I say this, because Maddening just doesn't sound pleasing to the ear. Nor does it look good when written. But at least 3H hasn't copied FEH with additional difficulties of Infernal and Abyssal. How would FEH top those in a desperate desire for new content?

BOY, DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!

Infernal actually was datamined along with Lunatic (now known as Maddening) a few weeks ago. It was basically unplayable though because maps were either incomplete or the enemies were Lv.99. I'd imagine that's a place holder but if it does show up, i expect it's actual DLC like Bringer of Chaos and Custom difficulty were in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

So here's an interesting thing someone pointed out regarding Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

EEOMucwWwAAV2o-?format=jpg&name=small

EEOMucyXkAMlF1y?format=jpg&name=large

The right arm of the Mechonis now closer resembles the Fallen Arm of the Mechonis. In the original version, the right arm looked more bulky and it was missing the claw-like hands,

EEOMucxWwAESLD2?format=jpg&name=900x900

7 hours ago, Tryhard said:

how hard is maddening really

I've barely even looked at anything for three houses

I consider the hard difficulty fairly easy, some difficult moments here and there but overall even doable for someone who isn't great at FE games (like me).

Maddening is a ton more difficult. You need to use all of your units just to take out the usual 2-3 enemies and you need to make sure they're all dead or else some thief just passes through your units and double kills them >_>

Just for context, it took me 32 turns to finish the first real story map. On hard it would've taken me 10 at most.

Edited by Hekselka

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I consider the hard difficulty fairly easy, some difficult moments here and there but overall even doable for someone who isn't great at FE games (like me).

Maddening is a ton more difficult. You need to use all of your units just to take out the usual 2-3 enemies and you need to make sure they're all dead or else some thief just passes through your units and double kills them >_>

Just for context, it took me 32 turns to finish the first real story map. On hard it would've taken me 10 at most.

So... it's the usual "we throw stupid Bullshit at you and pretend like that's challenging"?
Yep, I'm avoiding that like the plague.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So... it's the usual "we throw stupid Bullshit at you and pretend like that's challenging"?

I actually quite liked the mock battle but the story map after that has almost everything doubling me, some units even doubled my Byleth who I gave a +3 dlc spd item.

Thieves have pass and can double kill your mages quite easily, Archers already have poison strike, Bow range +1 and because of the halved exp. gain units like Ferdinand, Petra and Caspar end up doing pitiful damage because they can't keep up with the better units like Byleth, Sylvain and Edelgard.

I still really want to power through it because I want to get the new title screen if only because I like 3H that much. I'm just hoping that like most high difficulties in FE games the game gets easier the further you get.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

I actually quite liked the mock battle but the story map after that has almost everything doubling me, some units even doubled my Byleth who I gave a +3 dlc spd item.

Thieves have pass and can double kill your mages quite easily, Archers already have poison strike, Bow range +1 and because of the halved exp. gain units like Ferdinand, Petra and Caspar end up doing pitiful damage because they can't keep up with the better units like Byleth, Sylvain and Edelgard.

I still really want to power through it because I want to get the new title screen if only because I like 3H that much. I'm just hoping that like most high difficulties in FE games the game gets easier the further you get.

Oof.
Yeah, I'm staying far, far away from that one. I'll get the update, sure, but I'll never play that difficulty. Ever. 
At least you get an actual reward for clearing it, I guess.

I cleared another Museum Meelee today! I was pretty confident, but I ended up getting Xander, Sakura, Selkie and Kaden KO'd by some seriously spiteful RNG (Xander got KO'd by a crit, mind you!) But at least Sakura and Selkie got max EXP before they were KO'd...

Then the boss was getting away and she had taken a really good item, too. I paired FrostFire with Hinoka, flew her over to Ryoma to pair up with him, then I used her to defeat the boss.

She was two spaces away from the closest FrostFire and Ryoma could get to her. Ryoma couldn't take her down with Rajinto, FrostFire had no 2 range weapons with her, so I accessed them from the convoy. Kodachi failed, Levin Sword failed... but just as I was about to give up (because I couldn't just reload because somehow on the 3DS, the RNG's already decided), I found this Tomahawk. FrostFire critted the boss, and her shtuff was MINE.

Jeez, how did FrostFire get so good? Amazing Strength, Defence, Speed, Skill...

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This is why Thracia 776 is the worst game in the series.

I just wanna point out that it's been 16 games and IntSys still doesn't know how to do good challenging difficulties. This is different from challenging maps or when the game is just naturally difficulty btw. Like Conquest Ch.10, for example or Binding Blade. When i refer to challenging difficulties, i'm referring to Lunatic mode and the like. All it does is beef up the enemy units hard while you don't really get anything to compensate.

Actually, i feel that outside of NG+ difficulties, turn-based RPGs just aren't that great when it comes to higher difficulty selection in general. Because it always comes down to "buff everything to tremendous levels and you can't win unless you overprepare the fuck out of everything".

5 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Doesn't help that the game just straight up lies to you during the first real battle. Game says "recommended level: 3" but all the enemies are like Lv.9.

Man, i don't even want to imagine some maps on Maddening. Stuff like

• Petra and Bernadetta's paralouge
  • Sothis's paralouge
  • Marianne's paralouge
  • The last three chapters of Blue Lions, especially the endgame
  • Church route endgame (haven't played it myself but i've heard horror stories)
  • Empire route Ch.17
  • Golden Deer final boss

*shudders*

Edit: the saving grace to Maddening in Three Houses is that NG+ exists.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just wanna point out that it's been 16 games and IntSys still doesn't know how to do good challenging difficulties. This is different from challenging maps or when the game is just naturally difficulty btw. Like Conquest Ch.10, for example or Binding Blade. When i refer to challenging difficulties, i'm referring to Lunatic mode and the like. All it does is beef up the enemy units hard while you don't really get anything to compensate.

Actually, i feel that outside of NG+ difficulties, turn-based RPGs just aren't that great when it comes to higher difficulty selection in general. Because it always comes down to "buff everything to tremendous levels and you can't win unless you overprepare the fuck out of everything".

Doesn't help that the game just straight up lies to you during the first real battle. Game says "recommended level: 3" but all the enemies are like Lv.9.

Except the point about Thracia (because I haven't played it), I agree with everything said here.
The only game I've played so far that was still very much enjoyable on a higher difficulty setting was Tales of Berseria, because you actually had to think about when to attack, when to block, when to use Mystic Artes. Every other game was what you described: ridiculously buffed up enemies giving you nothing to compensate for it. Which is at its worst in Warriors games, particularly Dynasty Warriors 8 XL and Empires, where mere mooks take off half your health in one attack (and there are usually 100+ mooks surrounding you at any given moment) and enemy officers just LOVE to block everything you throw at them, nullifying every attack you do ON TOP of being damage sponges... yeah, I'll stick to my normal modes, thank you.
I never made use of the "Strengthen enemies" plans in the Neptunia Re;Birth games, exactly for this reason.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

• Sothis's paralouge
  • Marianne's paralouge
  • Empire route Ch.17
  • Golden Deer final boss

*shudders*

Bolded parts: OH. GOD. These were enough of a nightmare on Normal difficulty, to say nothing of Hard (which I haven't played yet, admittedly).
Blue Lions has siege weapon spam (my biggest gripe with that route) and a final boss that can attack twice per turn and has a siege weapon of its own, meaning one of your units can die on turn 1 if you aren't careful.
Church Route final map has monster spam. Infinite numbers of it until you step on a certain tile. F*** that map.

About Petra and Bernadetta's Paralogue: Interestingly enough, I found that one much easier on the Church Route, because instead of the ever annoying, ever OP "I dodge everything, double you AND I have a Brave weapon"

Catherine

Hubert

shows up instead and they're infinitely easier to deal with.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

• Sothis's paralouge
  • Marianne's paralouge
  • Empire route Ch.17
  • Golden Deer final boss

*shudders*

Edit: the saving grace to Maddening in Three Houses is that NG+ exists.

I feel like T776 was still a lot fairer than 3H, at least in early game, I'll have to see if it keeps that up.

The stats increase isn't even a big issue. The biggest problem are some of the absurd skills units get. I'm early game and enemy units already get skills that I could never have at this point. If the stats were the only things that were increased I feel it would've been a lot fairer.

You're right about the game lying to you. I just tried the first DLC auxiliry and it said "Rec. level: 7". I enter the map to see a lot of units that are level 10. I had to do the other auxiliry map but even that one straight up lied about the levels.

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I feel like T776 was still a lot fairer than 3H, at least in early game, I'll have to see if it keeps that up.

The stats increase isn't even a big issue. The biggest problem are some of the absurd skills units get. I'm early game and enemy units already get skills that I could never have at this point. If the stats were the only things that were increased I feel it would've been a lot fairer.

So we're throwing that in there, too, do we? That automatically disqualifies this difficulty as "fair" for me. When enemies have tools to work with that you don't have access to under zero circumstance. Fates Conquest was like that (Inevitable End, Staff Savant, Iago), Awakening Lunatic (The "something+" skills, Counter ambush spawns) was like that, Pokémon was like that in its Battle Frontier-esque institutions (throwing Pokémon at you that blatantly have an advantage over yours with abilities and movesets you can't ever have in that particular game). None of those things are what I would call fair in the slightest.

And my desire to play on that difficulty has gone down again. We're hitting negatives, guys.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So we're throwing that in there, too, do we? That automatically disqualifies this difficulty as "fair" for me. When enemies have tools to work with that you don't have access to under zero circumstance. Fates Conquest was like that (Inevitable End, Staff Savant, Iago), Awakening Lunatic (The "something+" skills, Counter ambush spawns) was like that, Pokémon was like that in its Battle Frontier-esque institutions (throwing Pokémon at you that blatantly have an advantage over yours with abilities and movesets you can't ever have in that particular game). None of those things are what I would call fair in the slightest.

And my desire to play on that difficulty has gone down again. We're hitting negatives, guys.

To clarify, the skills I'm referring to are things like pass, poison strike, bow range +1 and multiple Axe/Sword prowess lv 4 (my highest prowess currently is lv 2).

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

To clarify, the skills I'm referring to are things like pass, poison strike, bow range +1 and multiple Axe/Sword prowess lv 4 (my highest prowess currently is lv 2).

That sounds to me like a "play only on NG+ if you want a 'fair' challenge" deal, because with Renown and having mastered skills and classes in previous playthroughs, I can see how that would be at least slightly balanced.

Even with that, I still don't want to play it, because of the stat inflation. From what I've heard of Maddening and know about Three Houses in general, I can tell this difficulty wants you to play a certain way using specific characters in specific classes (I heard that saving all villagers in Chapter 9 is practically impossible without Stride, fliers and a Dancer) and I HATE that in a game that has customization options/character choice, especially one with so many as Three Houses.
It's like, why give us the freedom of choosing our own stuff when you have basically already decided for us?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That sounds to me like a "play only on NG+ if you want a 'fair' challenge" deal, because with Renown and having mastered skills and classes in previous playthroughs, I can see how that would be at least slightly balanced.

Even with that, I still don't want to play it, because of the stat inflation. From what I've heard of Maddening and know about Three Houses in general, I can tell this difficulty wants you to play a certain way using specific characters in specific classes (I heard that saving all villagers in Chapter 9 is practically impossible without Stride, fliers and a Dancer) and I HATE that in a game that has customization options/character choice, especially one with so many as Three Houses.
It's like, why give us the freedom of choosing our own stuff when you have basically already decided for us?

Which is weird because the game gets you a reward if you complete in a non NG+ run, which seems to imply that they do consider it a mode you should play on just a NG file.

Yeah I've heard about that. Not sure how much about that is true because I've also heard that the green units are buffed but then again they're probably not buffed by a lot if they are.

----

I think that if someone wants to have a difficult and fun experience with 3H the best way to go is to go Hard NG+ (so you can have the easiest customization options) and do as little auxiliry battles as possible so you don't get overleveled. 

6 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I have got told that hard and lunatic have ambush spawn, so another reason not to touch these difficulties, because ambush spawn is nothing else than fake difficulty.

I really thought this mechanic vanished with Fates's existence, but unfortunately no...

Hard doesn't have ambush spawns, Maddening does have it.

Hard does have some specific moments where certain bosses do move. Like a certain knight in the village chapter.

Oh, that is fine.

In general I wished complete movement of each enemy was shown because then I would not have been trolled in the second last chapter of the BE

Spoiler

when monster Dedue suddenly started to move and wrecked Marianne.

This is also why I like playing without displayed movement range in FE10.

I think I will do it too in the future, not letting displayed the enemy's movement.

Edited by Lysithea