The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Oh yeah @Interdimensional Observer and @Acacia Sgt, remembering the little Rune Factory 4 discussion we had the other day, we finally have prices and release dates of Rune Factory 4 Special, l courtesy of Amazon (well moreso the release date because the prices are also on XSeed's website) and i figured both of you would be interested. The game will release on January 21st, 2020 (I remember when they said 2019) and the standard version, despite being a remaster+some new content, will surprisingly still cost $40, the same price as the original 3DS version. The Special Edition of the game will cost $60.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'd like other Artifices to be in as well but one of them is a spoiler, the Gargoyles and Colossus aren't that appealing and i don't even know how you can make a Skell based off of Ophion because that one is a snake mech.

Ophion would make one fine boss though. It could actually be a threat for once in its existence. There is already an extremely rare type of giant flying serpentine-ish indigen, the Colubrim:

Spoiler

480?cb=20180217052527

Speaking of Siren, when the series eventually returns to Planet Mira, i'd like to see Siren (along with Malos' Black Siren). They'd look a little bit different but similar enough to be a clear reference.

It was a missed opportunity that they didn't include the Faces in XCX as is. Not like they'd need a real explanation for it. Just mysterious autonomous robots that have appeared and are attacking things would have sufficed. I hope they don't forget to include the Vierge 3 (and now Vierge 4) when XCX2 happens. Metal Face already had his signature weapons in- as the Deus Crusher. 

I don't need to be able to craft them, although that'd be really nice, a good fight would be enough. Yet, if craftable, I'd want them to match the Ares and have an entirely unchangeable weapon loadout. It'd give them a little more character that way. The standard Skell lines can keep their customization for weaponry, and possibly be stronger than the intraseries crossover units once fully optimized. But, if someone wanted ease of use, they could spring for the crossovers, but that'd require unlocking them first, no small feat I'd think.

For Siren specifically, I'd like to see them reference

Spoiler

Pyra's force-of-will control over Siren.

Either make half of Siren's weapons use Ether for Mythra and Thermal for Pyra, or perhaps make Pyra Siren the Skell Overdrive.

There is a Skell Overdrive called KAMIKAZE, which massively increases attack, accuracy, evasion, but at the end it drops the Skell's HP to like 1. Adjust this to make it much better and rebrand it AEGIS, with a temporary repainting. Although you could always just recolor your green-and-white from a terminal.

And yes, Universitas also has an Id form

And coincidentally these years later, it kinda looks like it's the "classic Monado" color scheme of red with green highlights (even if it's more bluey the glow).

Can you remind me, did Id have a long-term goal? It would be very hard to act on it given the shackle of Fei, but was there anything he wanted other than raw destruction? I know he didn't agree with Grahf, since that'd mean handing over his body to a selfish psycho.

The game will release on January 21st, 2020 (I remember when they said 2019) and the standard version, despite being a remaster+some new content, will surprisingly still cost $40, the same price as the original 3DS version. The Special Edition of the game will cost $60.

Perhaps they're planning the pricing with Rune Factory 5 in mind? Rune Factory 4 is mostly a port of an old 3DS game, if Rune Factory 5 is released in the same year and is much better than 4 (or is at least advertised that way), then who would go for RF4 if they're the same price?

EET0wsdUwAEMmfy?format=jpg&name=small

It's just sitting there. Taunting me. Knowing i can't play it for two weeks.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can you remind me, did Id have a long-term goal? It would be very hard to act on it given the shackle of Fei, but was there anything he wanted other than raw destruction? I know he didn't agree with Grahf, since that'd mean handing over his body to a selfish psycho.

If i remember correctly, he did want to be the one in control instead of Fei. But other than that, raw destruction was pretty much his thing. He was basically Malos in that sense except unlike Malos, he never questioned if what he was doing was what he actually wanted. 

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps they're planning the pricing with Rune Factory 5 in mind? Rune Factory 4 is mostly a port of an old 3DS game, if Rune Factory 5 is released in the same year and is much better than 4 (or is at least advertised that way), then who would go for RF4 if they're the same price?

Well given the fact that Rune Factory was dead for a good few years, I imagine that most of the people who bought the 3DS original would also be getting Special, just because no one thought the series would come back. That's just my guess, i don't know if that's what people will do.

I will say I didn't expect the standard version of Special to be the full $60 but I also didn't expect it to be $40. I was honestly expecting $50. I do imagine Rune Factory 5 will be priced at $60 as that's a new game. Though maybe it'll be cheaper. 

9 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Yeah the bad part is what really bothered me. I didn't know how many keys you needed and I ended up having just enough. The map is also hurt because you can't reposition your units.

This is an issue in general because this goes for all maps. 

Also a huge problem in chapter 24. 

By memorizing this I find more weak points of FE5 than I wished...

I did two auxiliry battles that didn't have any pass units and those were actually challenging but fun.

Then the main story mission came around and every unit gets 1 hit rounded by mages that use Miasma except for Bylass, El and Sylvain >_>

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

maxresdefault_9996.jpg

Every day, i hope that one day, the Ardanian soldiers will get their glorious voice lines patched back in.

I only got my switch a year after release so I never experienced their glory ;(

So today (well technically tomorrow but today in Japan time) one year ago, Torna ~ The Golden Country released. Originally marketed as story DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (which it technically still is), it turned out that what we got was an actually new game because Monolith Soft is just that amazing.

Because Torna is a Xenoblade game, that means it has a lot of good sights and views. So imma share some of them them.

EEW2BndUwAA6vna?format=jpg&name=large

EEW2BncVAAATIQv?format=jpg&name=large

EEW2BncU4AYEHU1?format=jpg&name=large

EEW7bK7VAAARo6D?format=jpg&name=large

EEW7bK1U4AAWORG?format=jpg&name=large

EEW7bK5U0AAJGJ-?format=jpg&name=large

EEW7bK_U4AE7qZL?format=jpg&name=large

EEW2iJiVUAEG2jC?format=jpg&name=large

EEW2iJlU0AIgvMZ?format=jpg&name=large

EEW2iJrU4AEDT_X?format=jpg&name=large

EEW2iJiUwAEiNei?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Armagon

Establishing LPW Control, standby

Incoming Transmission:

Commander, you have to be the last to post in that thread to achieve vicotry. Do so, and you shall have eternal bragging rights.

LPW Control online

Astral Chain is so much fun. Even though i don't know what i'm doing half the time, i'm just pressing buttons and cool shit happens and obviously i'm bad because i keep getting D ranks.

Beaten Super Mario World for the first time. 

(yeah, not gonna lie) 

I had this game 25 years ago, but actually never beaten.

Thanks to SNES on Switch I could take the chance. 

Tried to play StarFox after this, but damn, these controls... 

Always wrecked the ship in the first chapter.

Unfortunately Donkey Kong games are not available. 😞

Always wanted to play Diddy's Conquest......even if I have a dislike towards platforms today. 

I want to have nostalgic feelings back from my childhood. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Astral Chain is so much fun. Even though i don't know what i'm doing half the time, i'm just pressing buttons and cool shit happens and obviously i'm bad because i keep getting D ranks.

That's me with nearly every Action RPG and Warriors game. XD

Atelier Rorona is pretty fun, too. Even if I'm a little bit stuck at the moment, because I can't seem to synthesize a bomb strong enough to blow up the rock in the National Mines. Had to reload an older save a few times already so as to not uselessly waste days I could be spending on doing quests or exploring other areas.

I'd say, sometimes I wonder why I still try to get into the whole RP business. Best I remember, it always ends the same way. RP either fails to take off... or only lasts a few days/weeks before it dies.