• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ashe is actually good haha. Can actually double some stuff and is strong enough as a wyvern lord. The blue lion cast is just too good, everyone puts in some work. Annette has awesome rallies, Mercedes is pretty much the perfect healer and Dedue is tanky AF. Lunatic must be much tougher with the Black Eagle weaklings, specially if you go church route and lose Edelgard and Hubert.

This game is so fucking addicting, I've legit been playing it my entire free time. Wish I could be playing it right now =\

Yeah BE hasn't been easy.

Speaking off Maddening, anyone has done the paralogue "Sword and Shield of Seiros"? I swear on maddening it looks like the STR just does not stop. I tried to do it multiple times now but I'll have to wait a few months because I get overwhelmed by the STR eventually.

Oh, ok.

I learned something new.

STR is strength for me.

I rather know it as ambush spawning, though I do not know an abbreviation for that. (AS is already reserved for attacking speed)

I have not come to a chapter with ambush spawn yet.

Chapter 5, my next one, should introduce them.

Also fun fact, by watching the weather forecast I just learned to know that Ignatz is a real name. Never ever heared someone with this name before.

Edited by Lysithea

Just now, Lysithea said:

Oh, ok.

I learned something new.

I rather know it as ambush spawns, though I do not know an abbreviation for that.

I have not come to a chapter with ambush spawn yet.

Chapter 5, my next one, should introduce them.

Yeah chapter 5 has them and I've had to use huge coward tactics to complete that one.

I had everyone but Byleth and Dorothea retreat to the chest area and then just waited till all the units came to me and used Edelgard, Bernadetta and Hubert in the "hallway" to the chest area while Byleth and Dorothea were outside out of it handling every archer that was trying to be smart and walk around it.

It was really messy >_>

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Even if I'm a little bit stuck at the moment, because I can't seem to synthesize a bomb strong enough to blow up the rock in the National Mines. Had to reload an older save a few times already so as to not uselessly waste days I could be spending on doing quests or exploring other areas.

Oh yeah, that rock. If i remember correctly, you need an Ice Bomb with Medium Explosion, i think. That'll blow up most rocks you come across except for this big one at the end of the mine where you need a powerful enough Balloon Bomb. Iirc, it needed a Scary effect.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So Atelier Dusk Trilogy coming to PC huh. I hear from alot of Atelier fans that this is Atelier at it's best.

Also Ryza lookin' good

Dusk Trilogy coming to PS4 and Switch as well. Nice to see other Atelier games getting the DX treatment.

Hopefully the size compression is better. The DX versions Arland Trilogy collectively took up 24 GB (8 GB each) of space on the Switch. If Dusk is like that, i think i'll nab the Ayesha on Switch and then get the other two on PC, just like i did with the Arland series, where I got Rorona and Lulua on the Switch (Lulua was only 5 GB despite having more content than each individual game of the trilogy) while i got Totori and Meruru on PC.

I did plan on playing the Dusk Trilogy after i finished Ryza but i guess i'll just wait for the DX versions now.

I'm recruiting as many students as I can in 3H right now so I don't have to face them. GoodguyHeks, keeping the future of his students safe.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

Sounds unfun. >_>

Chapter 5 has tons of mages, and I have no real mage tank.

Idk how good Marianne and Mercedes can tank them.

Also fuck archers, they are the worst with their three range, and they can ORKO Lys.

Yeah, I failed the map the first time.

I used Edelgard or Byleth to one hit round the mages with Combat art Smash.

Yeah the archers are a huge pain in the ass because even characters like Bernadetta don't have the bow range +1 ability at the start so they can't counter >_>

I have not started the chapter yet, but I think none of my team can oneshot a mage with a combat art. 

Overall I think BE is the weakest cast for lunatic unless you recruit, even if Edelgard is the strongest Lord and the only one who can oneshot stuff. But in lategame she will fall behind massively. She is the opposite of the other twos. Great early game, poor late game. 

I have to say "glorious" units like Hilda in normal do not bring much on the table in lunatic. She is really REALLY bad so far. She gets doubled even with practice sword equipped and her output damage is like Ingrid's. Since axes are really inaccurate, she has a rougher time than most other units. At least Dedue has an enemy phase against physical enemies unlike her. Only the magic users really are helpful since magic can ignore terrain boosts. 

Edelgard has been pretty good in my first BE run. When you say that she's not good lategame do you mean that because of her personal armor class? If so that's no problem because I'm planning to promote her into a wyvern lord, the best class for the majority of the cast.

I've also recruited Lysithea and Felix as main stay units. Felix hits pretty hard and will help out Petra on her road to Wyvern lord and Lysithea replaces Ferdinand. Ferdinand never managed to catch up. I might also replace Caspar, not sure yet.

Yeah, because of her personal class. 

Being vulnerable against armor effective weapon weapons and having poor speed hurts.

In the final chapter she did absolutely nothing, never could cat up the others. 

Felix is amazing so far, the strongest unit. 

Petra really needs levels because she does not do much at all so far. 

Petra isn't actually much worse than Felix. Her base is 1str lower but 1 spd faster, while her growths also trade a bit of str for spd. Thing is, on the first battles Felix does beat her by a lot because of his personal skill, but as soon as you get battalions, she's as good as him.

After a while, even felix wants a battalion.

So this is actually really cool. If you were someone who isn't a fan of ARPGs but still wanted to play FF7R, then here you go. I am hoping that Classic Mode has options between traditional ATB and Wait like it should be.

Yeah, before i played FF7, all the games i played that had ATB all had them set to Wait with no options to change it. Xenogears, the Trails series, mainline Neptunia. So here i come into FF7 and i get hit with traditional ATB where the game doesn't wait for you and i was extremely caught off guard.

Even as someone who doesn't care too much about Final Fantasy as a series, FF7R continues to look really good. My main concern is still the writing because Tetsuya Nomura is at the helm of that and I do not trust that man to come up with a good story or characters or anything that involves writing, given his track record with Kingdom Hearts, a series where the writing makes Fire Emblem Fates look like a Shakespearean classic.

Edited by Armagon

Yeah, she is similar but her slightly worse strength matters a lot in early game. She will replace Hilda as wyvern lord who I ditched because of terrible level ups.

Lys's speed is stuck, cannot even double knights and gets doubled by bow users.  

Byleth is definitely the best unit. 

Units who are good:

Byleth, Felix, Ingrid, Annette

Units who are ok:

Dimitri, Dedue, Mercedes, Marianne, Dorothea

Units who disappointed me so, far:

Hilda, Lysithea, Petra

Cannot judge:

Sylvain, Ashe

Nintendo of Japan updated its section on the Nintendo website with a few new screenshots. Sadly, it looks like Itsuki is still always forced into every fight, since there isn't a battle picture without him in it. Paaaatch, paaaatch!

But on the positive side, there is a new 3H costume for Mamori:

sharpfe9_thumb.jpg

Is she a little too young for a military academy? How young is the youngest 3H character?

One new costume would be a little strange, there should be another 2-3 at least then. All 10 characters getting them is possible, if a little unlikely. The cynic says probably just do the girls + Itsuki for a token male. Or, they could do one thematic set of costumes covering everyone, and then do one-offs or smaller sets just for the females.

And a picture from the new bonus dungeon:

sharpfe18_thumb.jpg

Wonder what this place is supposed to be? Some temple from the home world of the Mirages? The colors and design say Asian-inspired to me, Buddhist in particular, whether Tibetan or Southeast Asian I'm not so certain. But I could be wrong.

Another thing I notice is the character levels. 25 isn't endgame level, it's entirely possible they're still only in Chapter 2. There could be multiple bonus dungeons that open as the game progresses. But more likely, this is one of Atlus's segmented bonus dungeons. -What do I mean?

Going back to Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne edition, Atlus added an optional dungeon that opens first around the early-midgame, the Labyrinth of Amala. The Labyrinth was divided into 5 Kalpas, each of which unlocks after the completion of the prior one and the defeating of Fiends outside the Labyrinth, which requires you progress the story to find them. Each Kalpa was distinct from the rest in visuals and puzzle elements, with enemies getting stronger the further you ventured into the Labyrinth. One could freely come and go from the Labyrinth via any large save terminal. The Labyrinth contained a load of good treasures, a few strong bosses, and completing the dungeon in full unlocked a new ending.

Later on the 3DS, although I have not played either game, Atlus added the Corridor of Time to Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, and the Womb of Grief to SMT: Strange Journey Redux. These seem to be akin to the Labyrinth of Amala in every way: game-long availability, nice swag, bosses, and new endings.

So, I could certainly see Atlus giving TMS#FE Encore the same kind of bonus dungeon.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So here i come into FF7 and i get hit with traditional ATB where the game doesn't wait for you and i was extremely caught off guard.

"Wait" as in wait for you to make your choices before letting the enemies attack? 

Just as a little heads up, if you ever get to Baten Kaitos: Origins, you'll have to adjust it to that in the menu. By default the game lets enemies pound you as you pick your cards. But the option is right there from the start.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is she a little too young for a military academy? How young is the youngest 3H character?

Lysethia and Petra, both who start the game at 15 years old.

Although Cyril is technically the youngest since he's 14 at the start of the game. But he isn't a student.

One new costume would be a little strange, there should be another 2-3 at least then. All 10 characters getting them is possible, if a little unlikely. The cynic says probably just do the girls + Itsuki for a token male. Or, they could do one thematic set of costumes covering everyone, and then do one-offs or smaller sets just for the females.

There actually is an image of one of the characters in a costume, or rather, a Carnage Form that seems to resemble Eir from FEH.

"Wait" as in wait for you to make your choices before letting the enemies attack? 

Yep. I'm actually not a fan of traditional ATB. When it comes to turn-based combat, i like taking my time.

Just as a little heads up, if you ever get to Baten Kaitos: Origins, you'll have to adjust it to that in the menu. By default the game lets enemies pound you as you pick your cards. But the option is right there from the start.

Thanks for the heads up. 

I still haven't beaten the first game. Last thing i remember doing was stopping the river from overflowing so i could cross it. Question, is there a way to run from battles? Cause sometimes i just don't want to fight but i have yet to see any run options.

.....It's a card, isn't it?

Edited by Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There actually is an image of one of the characters in a costume that seems to resemble Eir from FEH.

The other possibility people throw out there is Azura in her black opera dress.

Maiko, the character wearing that outfit, wasn't playable in the base game, but she was supposed to be at some point, and she was supposed to have a Dancer as her Mirage. That at the time would have meant Olivia or Phina, but since Azura is from a very popular FE and is a main character who happens to be a refresher when usually they aren't important people, why not use her instead?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still haven't beaten the first game. Last thing i remember doing was stopping the river from overflowing so i could cross it. Question, is there a way to run from battles? Cause sometimes i just don't want to fight but i have yet to see any run options.

.....It's a card, isn't it?

There is an Escape Magnus, yup. The first one should be somewhere in the forest that is the first dungeon (maybe it is in the Lord of the Spring's area, but you have to walk back there and get it?), and you can get a second one later. And, one limited-time dungeon lets you farm enemies that drop Jill's Jewelry Boxes, which age after a few hours into

70?cb=20130912224948 Jack-in-the-Boxes, which have the same effect as Escape.

If you know you aren't in a fighting mood, you could try emptying one's deck of everything but the Escape card. That'll fill the deck with filler cards you can burn up until you finally find the Escape and use it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

......why is there AO rated content in the official KFC dating sim?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maiko, the character wearing that outfit, wasn't playable in the base game, but she was supposed to be at some point, and she was supposed to have a Dancer as her Mirage. That at the time would have meant Olivia or Phina, but since Azura is from a very popular FE and is a main character who happens to be a refresher when usually they aren't important people, why not use her instead?

I'd quite like that. TMS originally just had Awakening and Shadow Dragon characters (Phina was Mystery so she wouldn't have shown up even if Maiko was playable) so i'd like to see Azura or anyone outside of the two games featured.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is an Escape Magnus, yup. The first one should be somewhere in the forest that is the first dungeon (maybe it is in the Lord of the Spring's area, but you have to walk back there and get it?), and you can get a second one later

Yeah, i probably missed it then as i don't have any Escape Magunis in my inventory.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd rather they keep it consistant. Look at the other two promotions to PC. Tiki; and then there's Barry whose Carnage form seems to be the Awakening style armour knight. As it is, I'd rather they stick to Archanea/Ylisse.

Personally, I don't mind that TMS kept its scope to just one continent.

Also, the aesthetic, with the twin swords, makes me think more of Assassin than Dancer. Or at least, it could be a possible promotion for her if Dancer is the base form. So I doubt it could be Azura, anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and then there's Barry whose Carnage form seems to be the Awakening style armour knight

I'm thinking he'll get a Fighter/Barbarian instead. He is wearing a lot less armor than Mamori, so I don't think he will count as armored. There was an enemy "Barbarian" type too, which didn't have a weakness to Armorslayer/Diamondsplitter, so I'm thinking Barry is going to fill in as a playable one of those. And if he is going Fighter/Barbarian, then it'll be either Vaike or Basilio I'd say, unless they pull someone from a more recent game. It'd put another Mirage in the Awakening camp, which had fewer than SD in the base game.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, the aesthetic, with the twin swords, makes me think more of Assassin than Dancer. Or at least, it could be a possible promotion for her if Dancer is the base form. So I doubt it could be Azura, anyway.

Assassin was used already as one of the two promotions for Virion though. Would they double-up?

Which then leads me to ponder what Barry if a Fighter/Barbarian will get. Draug took Berserker already and Navarre took Hero. Warrior could be certain, but the other? War Monk?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

......why is there AO rated content in the official KFC dating sim?

Some possibilities:

1. KFC hates you and wants you to dunk your head in their fryers to alleviate the agony.
  2. KFC dun goofed and engaged in zero oversight of the game's contents while handing it over to a shady and cheap developer.
  3. KFC wants Colonel Sanders hentai for the controversy, because controversy increases sales.
  4. 🐔🤷‍♀️

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm thinking he'll get a Fighter/Barbarian instead. He is wearing a lot less armor than Mamori, so I don't think he will count as armored. There was an enemy "Barbarian" type too, which didn't have a weakness to Armorslayer/Diamondsplitter, so I'm thinking Barry is going to fill in as a playable one of those. And if he is going Fighter/Barbarian, then it'll be either Vaike or Basilio I'd say, unless they pull someone from a more recent game. It'd put another Mirage in the Awakening camp, which had fewer than SD in the base game.

Assassin was used already as one of the two promotions for Virion though. Would they double-up?

Which then leads me to ponder what Barry if a Fighter/Barbarian will get. Draug took Berserker already and Navarre took Hero. Warrior could be certain, but the other? War Monk?

That could be an option, too.

I forgot Awkaening!Assassins were Sword/Bows. I'd doubt on double-up, if they were to keep every character and their promotions unique. After all, no overlaps with character classes. Which makes me think it could really be Fighter for Barry.

However, we mustn't forget. They could always restructure the whole thing. Change promotions and stuff. So say, if Barry is Fighter/Barbarian, then promotions are Warrior and Berserker, and now Draug has Great Knight as promotion instead. As an example. Though then only problem is General and GK don't play to the Light/Dark duality of the promotions. Not that Knight to Berserker made much sense in the first place thematically...

Edited by Acacia Sgt