The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

EEevRorWkAAjoFa?format=jpg&name=medium

I forgot to put this in and i'm not going back to do so because i already had to do some things to lower the file size but under Xenoblade Chronicles put "you may or may not be aware that there were Xeno games that came before this one"

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say, perhaps, for me the statement for the game I'd file under is accurate... but just the first half.

Then again, when you have only really played just one game...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Atelier Rorona be like:

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, that rock. If i remember correctly, you need an Ice Bomb with Medium Explosion, i think. That'll blow up most rocks you come across except for this big one at the end of the mine where you need a powerful enough Balloon Bomb. Iirc, it needed a Scary effect.

The normal Balloon Bomb does just fine! Thank you!
Still failed the side objective, because I didn't have enough days left to explore the thing fully.

On the plus side, I finally got my adorable little assistant Hom... who apparently has a self-destruct function. WTF, Astrid?

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

However, we mustn't forget. They could always restructure the whole thing. Change promotions and stuff. So say, if Barry is Fighter/Barbarian, then promotions are Warrior and Berserker, and now Draug has Great Knight as promotion instead. As an example. Though then only problem is General and GK don't play to the Light/Dark duality of the promotions. Not that Knight to Berserker made much sense in the first place thematically...

The light-dark thematic that was true of most promotion options: Great Lord vs. Conqueror, Falcon Knight vs. Wyvern Knight (not so strongly here though, WK could be darker), Paladin vs. Dark Knight, Sniper vs. Assassin, Hero vs. Swordmaster. But there was already have one light-dark failure: Sage vs. Sorcerer. I'd say thats because Tharja being a Dark Mage by default took away the "dark" option, leaving Sorcerer to be more the "neutral" one that the base classes otherwise are.

As for Great Knight not looking dark enough, I wouldn't call Swordmaster an inherently "dark" class in mainline FE. Navarre archetypes, and we are talking the Navarre here, are antisocial killers, but otherwise the class isn't shady. And not even all Navarres are that darkly like Zihark and Lon'qu. And yet, they took Swordmaster in TMS and amped up the darkness. They could make Great Knight darker if they wanted to.

As for whatever Maiko gets if it's a refresher Mirage, it'd be one of Songstress or Dancer for the base, and the first promotion option is whatever of the two isn't chosen as the base.The second promotion pick is much harder to figure out. Troubadour perhaps? Because IRL troubadours were Medieval singers and musicians. Troubadour (and Great Knight) could work, because they already dismounted Walhart's Conqueror and gave it to Chrom.

And lastly, will Tiki get promotion options? She has to get Carnage Unity access for more skills, and she'll need Radiant Unity for a bunch of other skills (but how will she the flying fast-stuff-then-slow-motion hand touch with herself?). But, Class Change is just unlocking a few Carnages and some stat boosts. What would she get? Would there be costume changes? Manakete as a base class with Divine Dragon as one promotion is plausible. The second option though, what would it be? Fire Dragon would easily work, if not that "dark". Shadow Dragon is a no because it is Medeus's title. Fell is as close to Shadow in darkness as she could get, Earth and Mage are remote other possibilities with a "dark" feel to them.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

EEevRorWkAAjoFa?format=jpg&name=medium

I forgot to put this in and i'm not going back to do so because i already had to do some things to lower the file size but under Xenoblade Chronicles put "you may or may not be aware that there were Xeno games that came before this one"

For XS Episode II, I'd throw in a second line. "Unless you're from Europe." Since from XG to XS Ep. III, that was the only Xeno released in Europe. Which is a little ironic, given what the European release of XC1 did for the franchise.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The light-dark thematic that was true of most promotion options: Great Lord vs. Conqueror, Falcon Knight vs. Wyvern Knight (not so strongly here though, WK could be darker), Paladin vs. Dark Knight, Sniper vs. Assassin, Hero vs. Swordmaster. But there was already have one light-dark failure: Sage vs. Sorcerer. I'd say thats because Tharja being a Dark Mage by default took away the "dark" option, leaving Sorcerer to be more the "neutral" one that the base classes otherwise are.

As for Great Knight not looking dark enough, I wouldn't call Swordmaster an inherently "dark" class in mainline FE. Navarre archetypes, and we are talking the Navarre here, are antisocial killers, but otherwise the class isn't shady. And not even all Navarres are that darkly like Zihark and Lon'qu. And yet, they took Swordmaster in TMS and amped up the darkness. They could make Great Knight darker if they wanted to.

As for whatever Maiko gets if it's a refresher Mirage, it'd be one of Songstress or Dancer for the base, and the first promotion option is whatever of the two isn't chosen as the base.The second promotion pick is much harder to figure out. Troubadour perhaps? Because IRL troubadours were Medieval singers and musicians. Troubadour (and Great Knight) could work, because they already dismounted Walhart's Conqueror and gave it to Chrom.

And lastly, will Tiki get promotion options? She has to get Carnage Unity access for more skills, and she'll need Radiant Unity for a bunch of other skills (but how will she the flying fast-stuff-then-slow-motion hand touch with herself?). But, Class Change is just unlocking a few Carnages and some stat boosts. What would she get? Would there be costume changes? Manakete as a base class with Divine Dragon as one promotion is plausible. The second option though, what would it be? Fire Dragon would easily work, if not that "dark". Shadow Dragon is a no because it is Medeus's title. Fell is as close to Shadow in darkness as she could get, Earth and Mage are remote other possibilities with a "dark" feel to them.

Sorcerer tends to be the promoted class of in-game dark magic users. Think Gharnef and the people under him. Can't speak for the original game since they only had a single promoted magic using class for everybody; but in the DS remake they're all Sorcerers. So it still fits the dark side, not neutral.

FE doesn't use the term Troubadour for what it should be (though ironically, I think one of the Tellius games does use Troubadour correctly... but then again, it doesn't have Troubadours as a class; officially, since Mist is basically a Cleric who promotes to Jugdral-style Female Paladin, though using the Valkyrie name of the GBA naming structure). I'd think Troubadour would be a class base if TMS integrated healer-base classes for playables. With Magic/Dark Knight as promotions, if the latter wasn't already used already.

Anyway, one other possibility could be that Maiko's base is actually Thief, with Dancer as the Light promotion and Rogue/ThiefFighter as the Dark one. Or Assassin (Ranger/BowKnight could replace where it currently is).

I suppose we'll see that when more info is available. Or the game is out, heh.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On the plus side, I finally got my adorable little assistant Hom... who apparently has a self-destruct function. WTF, Astrid?

Hom is your best friend. But like actually though, he (or she) will be so useful for gathering and synthesis. Atelier Meruru lets you have both Homs and yes, it's as broken as it sounds.

Unrelated but the name Hom is also the name of the human species in Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and i find that funny.

Also unrelated but knowing how big of a Tales fan you are, if you haven't seen it already

New trailer for Arise.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For XS Episode II, I'd throw in a second line. "Unless you're from Europe." Since from XG to XS Ep. III, that was the only Xeno released in Europe. Which is a little ironic, given what the European release of XC1 did for the franchise.

Episode II being the only Xenosaga game released in Europe officially was such an odd decision. Not only did Europeans miss the game that set up the trilogy but they also never got the conclusion. 

From the little snippets we've gotten, Tales of Arise seems to have combat resembling Ys. Which is good because i couldn't get into most other Tales games especially older titles because they couldn't decide if they wanted to be a 3D ARPG or a 2D ARPG so they tried being this weird mix of both. Didn't really work in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From the little snippets we've gotten, Tales of Arise seems to have combat resembling Ys. Which is good because i couldn't get into most other Tales games especially older titles because they couldn't decide if they wanted to be a 3D ARPG or a 2D ARPG so they tried being this weird mix of both. Didn't really work in my opinion.

Combat resembling Ys? Plot twist, it's I&II's bump system. Or what a riot it would be that instead.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Combat resembling Ys? Plot twist, it's I&II's bump system. Or what a riot it would be that instead.

I actually can't form an opinion on the bump system as i've never played the older Ys games. Only one i've played so far is Ys Seven, of which i'm the process of beating but i hear it's the basis for modern Ys combat.

But isn't the bump system basically the Pegasus Boots from the 2D Zelda games but that's your main form of attack? Cause that sounds hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I, for one, welcome our bump system overlords

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I actually can't form an opinion on the bump system as i've never played the older Ys games. Only one i've played so far is Ys Seven, of which i'm the process of beating but i hear it's the basis for modern Ys combat.

But isn't the bump system basically the Pegasus Boots from the 2D Zelda games but that's your main form of attack? Cause that sounds hilarious.

https://i.imgur.com/ayIPPXK.mp4

Oh yeah, i nearly forgot @DragonFlames since you have Hom now, you've probably unlocked or will unlock the Catacombs area soon. There's a room in there with Pamela's teddy bear. Get it ASAP. Don't be like me who forgot to meet Pamela and when i needed her the most, she wasn't there.

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's exactly what i expected it to be.

Looks fun.

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

26Y10xl.png?1

I will have a short life.

Axtually I already passed her predicted age of death.

Still this result makes sense.

link the test pls

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

HE DID IT! ASH KETCHUM FINALLY WON A LEAGUE AFTER 22 YEARS

well, that took a while

34 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

This Thread

Got Dimitri, which is very wrong.

Should have gotten Bernadetta or Hilda, because i'm anxious, awkward and terrified of people, and lazy who pretends to know nothing so people will do things for me.

Edited by Nobody