The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Even maddening difficulty can't handle the power of WYVERN RIDERS

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

GUYS

HE DID IT! ASH KETCHUM FINALLY WON A LEAGUE AFTER 22 YEARS

Should have happened in the previous season, there was a lot more hype back then.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Should have happened in the previous season, there was a lot more hype back then.

Agreed. Ash had fucking Naruto God Greninja but he lost to the same Charizard that defeated him two times prior. That upsets me more than his Sinnoh loss against the Action Replay guy.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Agreed. Ash had fucking Naruto God Greninja but he lost to the same Charizard that defeated him two times prior. That upsets me more than his Sinnoh loss against the Action Replay guy.

Tobias, I hated that guy, especially because his match came just after the Ash vs Paul fight.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hom is your best friend. But like actually though, he (or she) will be so useful for gathering and synthesis. Atelier Meruru lets you have both Homs and yes, it's as broken as it sounds.

Unrelated but the name Hom is also the name of the human species in Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and i find that funny.

Also unrelated but knowing how big of a Tales fan you are, if you haven't seen it already

New trailer for Arise.

The hype is REAL!

I picked female Hom just because. I think I'll have lots and lots of fun using her abilities.
I already noticed that you can't ask her (or him) to make items necessary for the assignment, which I actually don't really mind, because otherwise it'd be a bit too easy.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

GUYS

HE DID IT! ASH KETCHUM FINALLY WON A LEAGUE AFTER 22 YEARS

Actually, Ash DID already win a league: The Orange League. In (in my opinion) the best Pokémon battle in the anime, ending the anime's best season.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, i nearly forgot @DragonFlames since you have Hom now, you've probably unlocked or will unlock the Catacombs area soon. There's a room in there with Pamela's teddy bear. Get it ASAP. Don't be like me who forgot to meet Pamela and when i needed her the most, she wasn't there.

I actually went into the Catacombs as soon as Astrid told me about them, because I assumed that's where I get the materials for an accessory one of the side objectives asks you to make. No such luck, but I did find the teddy bear and Pamela is now standing in the Atelier, being bored, while poor Rorona is scared witless.
It's hilarious.

Sterky also talked about the king going missing. I assume that's more connected to his character events than the actual main story, but it's got me intrigued nonetheless.

57 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I already noticed that you can't ask her (or him) to make items necessary for the assignment, which I actually don't really mind, because otherwise it'd be a bit too easy.

Well yes and no. It depends. Hom can also only synthesize things you have already done in the past.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Sterky also talked about the king going missing. I assume that's more connected to his character events than the actual main story, but it's got me intrigued nonetheless.

Him and another character. You've even met him already.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well yes and no. It depends. Hom can also only synthesize things you have already done in the past.

Yup, the game told me. But by the time I got her, I think I already made some Tonics. You get the recipe for them fairly early, too, so I was sure I made some during the last assignment. Might be those got lost during my reset party I had towards the end of that whole ordeal due to me not figuring out which bomb to make to blow up the rock in the mines.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Him and another character. You've even met him already.

I can hazard a guess as to who it is.

It's Gio, isn't it? Aurel mentioned in Lulua that his uncle's name was Gio and Sterk beat him to become the strongest swordsman. And Aurel was Arland royalty, so my guess is right, this should be the guy.

I only watched a little of the Pokemon anime as a kid, but I did have one VCR tape with like two episodes on it, one of them being Mt. Moon. And, I did have one GBA Video cartridge with the Suicune episode on it. That was the last of saw of the anime. I think I saw almost every Kanto and Orange Island episode, but only a few scattered Johto ones, but I did see the Whirl Islands episode to name another. Movie-wise, Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, Celebi, those are the ones I saw.

This said, as a child, I envisioned myself as the "Chosen of Pokemon". A human created all the legendaries, led either by Ho-Oh or Arceus, to be a bridge between humanity and Pokemon. Since, as the Chosen of Pokemon, I possessed the powers of types, and the ability to seemlessly transform into any Pokemon I wished not a legendary. Or, I could just manifest wings or Vine Whips if I sought only a quick and partial transformation.

Typically, I then set myself up as Ash's little sibling/clone. Although the exact age varied from infant to just a little younger than Ash. The logic was that Ash was seen as a particularly special human whose DNA was therefore chosen as the base. Onto which Pokemon DNA, including Mewtwo's "Berserk Gene", was then added, thus resulting in a sibling who didn't look exactly like Ash. Oftentimes, highly likely because of the one Kanto episode of a wildling human raised by Kangaskhans, I envisioned myself as a wildling. With a Chansey (or was Blissey?) "mother", an Alakazam "mentor", and a Houndour "brother" and a Kirlia "sister".

In the Ash scenario, I assigned Giovanni as the father. And that oftentimes had us don matching Team Rocket outfits as the rebellious and anti-TR "Rocket Renegades", I'm guessing that was because of alliteration, a liking for Team Rocket uniforms, and Tales of Symphonia a game loved in my youth having a group called the "Renegades". On at least one occasion, Team Rocket tried to capture the Chosen of Pokemon, because of obvious world-domination applications from having such a Pokepowerful human. I several times played out in my mind an episode where there was a sibling tournament of sorts where I and Ash would participate under the title "Team Mew and Mewtwo", reflecting the relationship between Ash (Mew) and the Chosen (Mewtwo), I innocently forgot the memory-wipe at the end of the Mewtwo movie when thinking of that. And yet, I was not always Ash's sibling. There was a scenario where I was more confrontational towards Ash as a rival of sorts and pro-trainer at his age, who nonetheless sought because destiny to work with him.

And then, there was the brief time where I instead took things into Black and White, as a trainer apart from the player character. This scenario never went far in my imagination, it generally consisted of me, the player trainer, and N heading off to fight Ghetsis. Then, while N and the player trainer run ahead, the Chosen stood back with their Pokemon and fought legions of Plasma goons. At the end, having gotten through all the lackeys, my fatigue Pokemon transferred their remaining vitality to me and I ran ahead. After that, it gets to N losing to Ghetsis, the Chosen runs in to confront Ghetsis, and before doing so says to N something to the effect of "If Pokemon and humans don't belong together, then what of I?".

At this point, it shifted to your typical battle scene, Ghetsis trainer sprite appears, and so did the back sprite of the Chosen, who usually was wrapped from head to feet in a leaf green robe of which I can't define the exactly shape. Ghetsis sends out a Pokemon and mocks me for being a human trying to fight a Pokemon, willing to use their Pokemon to harm me if I choose to fight so. The Chosen takes an attack, then uses a Fighting move like High Jump Kick, seeing how a human should be able to do that. That deals one KO to Ghetsis's team, he sends out another Pokemon who injures the chosen, the Chosen uses Psychic, another thing that human could normally use in the Pokemon world, which damages or KOs another of Ghetsis's Pokemon. After this, the Chosen takes a third attack, the Chosen then uses Recover, a power no human has. Turn 4 beings with the Chosen using something spectacular, like Solarbeam or Fire Blast, which leaves Ghetsis bewildered by this, the Chosen has revealed their hitherto secret abilities. I then cut to the Chosen running tired from fighting, the unimportant player character defeats Ghetsis, N wants to speak more with the Chosen, but the Chosen chooses not to. Instead, they fall through a giant hole in the wall far off the ground, and as they fall generate wings and fly away, ending the scenario. Though I'd throw it an unfleshed out epilogue moment where N finds themselves accompanied by some Normal-Flying Pokemon who when N is in danger transforms back into their human form thus revealing them the Chosen, who then speaks gently with N once again, but I don't recall if anymore followed, or if the Chosen just left again.

...And since someone brought up Ys, albeit in passing, earlier, I'm reaching the end of Ys VIII I think. Oceanus was far easier than I thought it'd be for such an important monster. A nice thing though is Dana's styles. It feels just a little like I get to play as the three Golden Goddesses of Hyrule whom I have such a Zelda lore liking for. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I can hazard a guess as to who it is.

You are indeed correct.

Spoiler

I found out Gioorno Giovana was the king by complete accident. I changed my party to have him and Sterk and i got their event upon leaving town and i wasn't expecting it. I knew Gio was probably important but i didn't think he'd be the king.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At long last, i was able to change my signature. Now my Xeno banner has Definitive Shulk. 

If you've been having trouble editing your profile in any capacity, check this thread.

9 hours ago, Nobody said:

Got Dimitri, which is very wrong.

Should have gotten Bernadetta or Hilda, because i'm anxious, awkward and terrified of people, and lazy who pretends to know nothing so people will do things for me.

Dimitri is the most common answer I have seen so far besides Lysithea. 

To be fair the Happy Potter question might have affected my result in the wrong way. I know nothing about it, so I just picked the first answer by random. 

I actually find the Sylvalum Xe-doms charming in a way. They quietly float off the ground doing their routine checks of their territory again and again, making sure there are no mechanical threats. Who knows, maybe the Xe-doms protecting the indigens as though they were pets? Because they know there are awful humans who, when unable to fight something roughly comparable to their own puny size, will take to big machines because they're cheaters.

Although they only haunt west of Lake Ciel IIRC, the rest of Sylvalum once you get past the entrance should be fine.

Also:

"Enigmatic, pilotless crafts exhumed from the Miran soil. They come in a variety of sizes, and are constructed from some kind of living metal that not even Ganglion technology can replicate. But while the particulars of the xe-dom manufacturing process remain shrouded in mystery, a lucky research mistake unlocked the secret of controlling the units."

I'm assuming the Ganglion found that secret, why can't NLA? Or, why don't the Orphe who defected from the Ganglion know it? Even if they aren't reproducible, converting a few Xe-doms over would be an incredible boost in military might.

And on Unique Monster/Tyrant names, I really like Reckless Godwin. It's the ruler of the Ignas in the fortress in Satorl Marsh. The title actually sounds like something I could see a king being named.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

*Just read the list of Tyrants*

For something cathegorized as Tyrant... I really can't take them seriously when I see names like Feliciano, Fernando, Manuelita, or Vegetal... could go on...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh, the quiz.

Didn't got who I thought resembles me the most. Got Lysithea instead. I'd say who I think fit better... but I rather not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So because my Morag setup is so good, i decided to do something i hadn't done before: fully complete the Raising the Aspar challenge in Xenoblade 2's challenge mode. The point of that challenge mode is to fight an Aspar but don't kill it. It has an Art called Skin Upgrade which basically levels it up. It starts at Lv.60 and it'll eventually hit Lv.200, getting more powerful as it grows (and once it hits Lv.200, you can kill it, as it won't grow past that). You, on the other hand, are locked to Lv.60. So it sounds difficult but it is called the Land of Challenge for a reason. And besides

EEmXgJIUYAA4LGD?format=jpg&name=large

EEmXgJDU8AEGYhg?format=jpg&name=large

EEmXgI7U0AAcqm7?format=jpg&name=large

EEmXgIrU8AIdnQH?format=jpg&name=large

I did it solo. 

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Enigmatic, pilotless crafts exhumed from the Miran soil. They come in a variety of sizes, and are constructed from some kind of living metal that not even Ganglion technology can replicate. But while the particulars of the xe-dom manufacturing process remain shrouded in mystery, a lucky research mistake unlocked the secret of controlling the units."

Oh i wasn't aware that Xe-doms weren't of Miran origin. I thought they were just another Ganglion creation but nah, they just were able to control some. I guess that's another mystery for the impossible planet. Perhaps remnants of the ancient civilization that once existed on Mira as evidenced by the structures on Oblivia. 

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Just read the list of Tyrants*

For something cathegorized as Tyrant... I really can't take them seriously when I see names like Feliciano, Fernando, Manuelita, or Vegetal... could go on...

Yeah, that's the funny thing about Unique Monsters and Tyrants. You have some cool sounding ones like the Reckless Godwin that Interdimensional Observer mentioned but then you have some stupid and funny sounding names. My favorite of that bunch is the Chickenheart Dagmara. The name is absolutely stupid and you laugh but then you find out that it's a Lv.120 Superboss that can very easily kill you once it gets Enraged.

Edited by Armagon