Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nothing wrong with that.

While we're at it, here's a list of characters I'd consider waifus if I... you know (this also doubles as a favorite female characters in video games list):

• Purple Heart (Neptunia)
  • Bigger Neptune (Neptunia)
  • Christophorus (Nights of Azure)
  • Arnice (Nights of Azure)
  • Hilda (Stella Glow)
  • Mordimort (Stella Glow)
  • Hifumi Togo (Persona 5)
  • Say'ri (Fire Emblem Awakening)
  • Annette (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
  • Towa (Trails of Cold Steel)
  • Torri (Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars)
  • Kirika Towa Alma (Shining Resonance Refrain)
  • Lailah (Tales of Zestiria)
  • Arianna (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight)

B  E  S  T  W  I  T  C  H

E

S

T

W

I

T

C

H

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US
DOZENS!

Good to see someone else played that game :D

@HekselkaOne of us, one of us!

ANOTHER ONE

Now I kinda want to play Stella Glow and Shining Resonance Refrain again...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup Yup!

Was a pretty damn good game 😄

Especially the music. So gooooooooooooood.

Indeed. What's your favorite song?
Mine's this one (a.k.a. The Win Button)

@Hekselka Another person of culture, I see!

Also, Mordimort shares a voice actress with Neptune, while Hilda shares hers with Blanc. Just thought I'd point that out.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Indeed. What's your favorite song?
Mine's this one (a.k.a. The Win Button)

ahh, Levia, the Ass saver.
Gameplay wise, Lisette's Songs are definetly the most useful

The ones i listen the most to on youtube are either Mordi's first one or Sakuya's ''SAA SAA SAA'' XD
Although i love all the Songs, they are great.

0jzZRba.png

I didn't put too much thought into this list so it's unordered. Might update it later, who knows.

You'll notice that a lot of the villains are closer to the bottom. That's because villains are this series' weakest aspect by far. There are only a few good villains, the rest are either eh or bad. Zero's main villain is the worst one in the series, not even a contest. And he's not even on the list lmao. I'd put him in his own tier if he were.

22 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Aww, so much CSII dislike ;(

I like II way more than I.

Tbh same. Like, i see the problems with CSII on the narrative but it has my favorite gameplay in the series. I liked CS1 but i wasn't a fan of how each location was only temporary. I know Erebonia's a big place and all but c'mon.

I'd imagine they'll do the same to the eventual Calvard arc due to the sheer size of that country.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Aaand now someone who played Shining Resonance Refrain.

How good is the game? I saw a used copy at Gamestop when i went to see Promare but didn't get it because of how good Switch is for digital.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, if we're sharing waifu lists, i uh....have a lot. I'l try to trim it down. Once again, unordered.

• Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Nia (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Melia (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  • Alisa (Trails of Cold Steel)
  • Emma (Trails of Cold Steel)
  • Elie (Trails to Zero)
  • Estelle (Trails in the Sky)
  • Kloe (Trails in the Sky)
  • Elly (Xenogears)
  • Clorica (Rune Factory 4)
  • Azura (Fire Emblem Fates)
  • Dorothea (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
  • Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
  • Noire (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
  • Neptune (and big Neptune) (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
  • Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
  • Uzume (Hyperdimension Neptunia)

....I did say i'd trim it down.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ahh, Levia, the Ass saver.
Gameplay wise, Lisette's Songs are definetly the most useful

The ones i listen the most to on youtube are either Mordi's first one or Sakuya's ''SAA SAA SAA'' XD
Although i love all the Songs, they are great.

Ah, yes, good old Mordi's song, Reddened Galaxy. My second favorite after Levia.

I just now noticed that Mordimort looks like a blue-haired Purple Heart. They have the same hairstyle. Holy crap.

I love every song, too.

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

God yes Stella Glow music was soooooo good.

SA SA SA 

HAYA!

Amazing!

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How good is the game? I saw a used copy at Gamestop when i went to see Promare but didn't get it because of how good Switch is for digital.

The combat system can get a little bit repetitive if you're only playing as one character all the time, but other than that, I think it's fantastic. The story, the world, the characters (especially the characters). I think you might like it.

Also, thank you @Hekselka for saving me from a double post!

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh, jeez I almost forgot all the Xeno girls.

I still need a Pythra figurine too.

CSI's beginning was too slow for me.

It became intense in terms of story in Heimdallr, after more than 25-30 hours of gameplay time.

However the thing I like the most about this game is the study part which exactly is recycled in 3H.

1 minute ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

However the thing I like the most about this game is the study part which exactly is recycled in 3H.

It's funny that everybody compared 3H to Persona and no one glanced at CS1 and went. "Wait, this is like EXACTLY that" <- my genuine reaction to the school system in 3H.
Maybe it's because CS1 isn't that well known.

I have nothing to contribute to this Stella Glow as i have not played the game. And while i probably would, my 3DS has been in my backpack for over a year. I have not taken it out.

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

You know I don't really have a lot of "waifus". I do have female characters I like a lot like Ellen from the Witch's House and Vancey from VC4 but I wouldn't call them waifus.

Waifus is just another way of saying "best girl" for me, which translates to "this is my favorite female character" of *insert thing here*. I don't use the term waifu in the way people usually do.

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

I still need a Pythra figurine too

I need that, the KOS-MOS figure and the Siren figurine.

Why does everything cost money?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's funny that everybody compared 3H to Persona and no one glanced at CS1 and went. "Wait, this is like EXACTLY that" <- my genuine reaction to the school system in 3H.
Maybe it's because CS1 isn't that well known.

It's exactly because of that.

Byleth is literally Rean though, c'mon.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The combat system can get a little bit repetitive if you're only playing as one character all the time, but other than that, I think it's fantastic. The story, the world, the characters (especially the characters). I think you might like it.

I think there's a demo in the eShop. I'll check it out.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think there's a demo in the eShop. I'll check it out.

If there is, definitely do so before purchasing it. It'd be a shame to buy a game you end up not liking.
I played the demo on PS4 when I saw it had one. I'd assume that's the case on Switch, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

before i go shopping

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but it has my favorite gameplay in the series

CS2's gameplay (and CS1's) i really really hate for being way too easy. I usually play Trails on higher difficulties, and it's usually a fun, punishing, challenge.

CS1/2 on Nightmare was like playing Sky on easy. Except for the CS2 NG+ fight (and fighting it with a pure NG party, not NG+), the game was a cakewalk, which really really pissed me off, coming from Sky.

Shining resonance is an actual good game? I saw it on the store a few times, even saw it on price drop once and considered it but didn't hear a lot about it.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Waifus is just another way of saying "best girl" for me, which translates to "this is my favorite female character" of *insert thing here*. I don't use the term waifu in the way people usually do.

Ah, right. Well, makes sense.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It'd be a shame to buy a game you end up not liking.

Well that and eShop doesn't have a refund system for some reason. So i have to be absolutely certain it's a game i'll like before i download.

Splatoon 2 ate my $60 two years ago. I want it back.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I usually play Trails on higher difficulties, and it's usually a fun, punishing, challenge.

That's fair. I tend to avoid higher difficulties on turn-based RPGs (especially early on) because to me, it feels like all it is just overpreparing the fuck out of everything so that's why i usually play those kinds of games on Normal, maybe Hard if it's FE or something. NG+ difficulties are an exception because you're supposed to bring your NG+ bonuses to stand a chance.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I need that, the KOS-MOS figure and the Siren figurine.

Wow, I thought you would have them. 

Found a Pyra x Mythra combo for 85 €. 

It is not expensive, but yeah, still 85 €. 

I have spent lots of money for new furniture (including a vitrine for my figures) and another figure just an hour ago, so I really should have get my shit together to save. 

At the latest for Christmas I will grab them.

@Hekselka

I grabbed Shining Resonance on sale for 30 € (as most of my Switch games). 

@DragonFlames

The artstyle is rather like Persona, but the non battle stuff is like CS (quests, studying, fishing). If the school stuff was rather like Persona, than the protagonist had to be an adult who had to answer questions instead of being the teacher. 

Edited by Ingrid Brandl Galatea