Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Lys has to settle a word with you.

Granted, Lys is awesome, but in terms of adorableness, Annette wins.

4 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

I am actually waiting for some Atelier games for Switch on sale since I have more access to play a Switch than a PS3 despite I already own parts yet. I have heared only good things about Lulua and Rorona yet. 

I have played both and I loved them. Lulua is the third sequel to Rorona (there are Totori and Meruru in between), but I played Lulua first, then Rorona. It honestly didn't matter too much.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

we have release dates for the DX versions of the Atelier Dusk trilogy 

I hope it will be priced decently. Then again, knowing Kemco...

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though we shouldn't pretend panty shots and bath scenes don't exist. Because they do.

Tbf, what jrpg doesn't have atleast one of these nowdays (especially the latter)? It's annoying imo, but it's genre wide and i won't just put it on Neps.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tbf, what jrpg doesn't have atleast one of these nowdays (especially the latter)? It's annoying imo, but it's genre wide and i won't just put it on Neps.

Heh, yeah, you're absolutely right. And it's not even limited to JRPGs: Freaking DYNASTY WARRIORS has it, too, panty-shots that is (pro-tip: don't play as Xingcai or Guan Yinping in 8XL if that stuff really bothers you).
I myself am honestly not that bothered by it in general, thus doesn't really bother me in the Neptunia games, either (I mean, it's mostly drawings, anyway *shrug*). It's just that there are people who are bothered by that kind of stuff, so I pointed out that it's there.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Arland trilogy was ~90€ in the Switch e-shop. That's 30€ per game. I think it was a fair deal.

IT IS TIME! I talked about it a bit in the "watch'a playing" thread over in the general section.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Not gonna lie: character design-wise, the Xeno franchise looks pretty darn awesome.

Very good designs though sometimes we get some bad. Can't win 'em all. Of course, when it comes to the Blade series, the real strength is the world design.

One Xeno character has my favorite design in gaming but uh, she's a spoiler. Can't show her.

56 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

And thanks, this is the most adorable Three Houses image I have seen yet. 

I recognize it too. It's from

High-res image (since i noticed your profile pic is on the low side).

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Uh, might wanna change that because there actually is a company called Kemco. They basically make bite-sized JRPGs for mobile devices. They're decent for what they are.

But you're referring to Koei Tecmo, i know. And yeah, as DragonFlames mentioned, the Arland trilogy was priced at $30 each. Fun story, a week after i bought Atelier Rorona, the trilogy went on sale for $20 each. I should've waited.

But if we wanna get overpriced, Totori and Meruru are DLC characters in Atelier Lulua and i haven't bought them because they are each $10 so if i want both, i gotta spend $20. That's like, an indie game or two. Or four Smash characters. I don't know who to blame; the developers Gust or the publishers, Koei Tecmo. Maybe both.

Edited by Armagon

https://bloodstained.forums.net/thread/4463/update-zangetsu-switch-backer-rewards

Regarding the performance updates to the Switch version of Bloodstained

The improvements are expected to be released in two separate updates. The first update will contain the vast majority of the improvements. The second update will improve performance with a couple of especially troublesome areas and enemies.

We expect these updates to be launched by the end of November. We will give more specific timeframes when we are closer to release.

So if you were playing the objectively worst version of Bloodstained like me, there is good news.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I myself am honestly not that bothered by it in general, thus doesn't really bother me in the Neptunia games, either (I mean, it's mostly drawings, anyway *shrug*). It's just that there are people who are bothered by that kind of stuff, so I pointed out that it's there.

it depends for me tbh. I am kinda ok with it in Neps for example because it's fun, unserious, Parodies & stuff. In serious stuff i usually hate it though (example: Fates with it's thong shots, Camilla, etc.). Fanservice has it moments, and when it disturbs serious moments it's annoying.

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Arland trilogy was ~90€ in the Switch e-shop. That's 30€ per game. I think it was a fair deal.

here's the thing: shelling out 90€ for a series i want to get into/don't know if i will enjoy is kinda much. And outside of the bundle they are 40€ each (atleast on steam). I have no problem paying that much for a series i know i will enjoy (example, i got Sky FC for 7€ on sale iirc, bought SC outside Sale, then bought the rest of Trails games Day 1). Even Atelier Sophie, their oldest game on steam, rarely goes on sale, and when it does, it's a measly 30 %.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

he trilogy went on sale for $20 each

that never happened on steam so far xD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And outside of the bundle they are 40€ each (atleast on steam)

Yeah, in the U.S, the Arland trilogy is $40 (each) on Steam too, which surprised me when i found out about it. It's on PS4 too but idk the price there.

But no, don't get the bundle. Get one and if you like it, then get the others. That's what I did.

Edited by Armagon

Those pricing woes makes me glad my country tends to have on average lower prices in things like Steam.

Even if sometimes not by that much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Looks a little bit different than what Sword Valley actually looks like in game but still close enough and still manages to capture the scale of the world. Seeing the Mechonis looming in the distance but much closer than when you first saw it (as this area is literally located on a giant sword that connects the two Titans).

This image was included in this "art manual"- just a few pages of polished artwork like this, that I got with the game. The haziness and green glow is a bit questionable, done probably to create a sense of mystery, Sword Valley after the opening is a little over halfway (assuming PI the dividing line) into the game. But I like the choice to put Dunban with Shulk here. Thinking on old memories, what has unfolded since then, it is easily imaginable what might be on their minds.

So I would like to know why this monstrosity was chosen for Dahlia's final design instead of any of the three, way better designs above.

Yeah, Dahlia's chosen design is a little too primitive and it puts the jiggle physics a bit too much on display, which is really weird with her country accent. Her final design says more cold seductress, but I do think her personality is fine.

Of those three beta designs, the first says too much "Let It Go!" to me. I think I'd pick the third. 

and honestly, i actually wish they went with this instead. Her final design isn't bad by any means but I just like this one more.

Although the final design's short hair might work better given Mythra. It offers a measure of contrast between the two that one has short hair, and the other has long and free-flowing hair. But otherwise, yeah I like this design.

and he kinda looks like a Hoshidian in this. Which isn't too surprising actually, given that, at least visually, the Kingdom of Torna is Japanese-inspired. I say visually because the names of Tornan names and Tornan characters are all but Japanese (aside from Jin). Here's Addam's final design for comparison.

Too. Much. Red. I definitely prefer the final design. Lora has all the red Torna needs.

The titan itself is much more "reindeer" in appearance (though the final design does maintain the inspiration) 

I hereby rename Gormott "Sky Forme Dynamax Sawbuck". The change is irreversible.

As an aside, do you prefer maingame XC2's Gormott music, or Torna's rendition? I prefer Torna's, but it could be first time bias.

And good God of Destruction, can we talk about concept Mor Ardain?

Corrected, the head of the Titan looks ferocious. I'm rather pleased Mor Ardain isn't a generic evil empire, but the beta design would have made its Titan look the part. As is in the final design, it recalls more an aged, worn, and humble human to me, which suits it given the Titan is approaching death.

This one, i really like. It's the gang camping out in the wildness of Tantal. 

Why did Monolith like Praxis and Theory so much? They're optional Blades. And, it took me time to admit Morag was in this picture, she doesn't look like herself here.

Plenty of charming little details throughout this unnecessary but splendidly creative bit of artwork though, Aegaeon keeping watch being a favorite.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's uh, pretty interesting armor. You're right though, how is it not swimwear. Seems like it'd be good for some deep but not too deep diving (the mask maybe provides oxygen?). 

There is already a diving suit in the game, complete with a rebreather. Or, you can opt for a snorkel + goggles headpiece instead.

If you want, I was thinking of PMing you pics of most of the armor sets in XCX. I don't see many images online of the stuff, so I was considering doing it for myself for reference.

Unfortunately, the screenshot abilities of the Wii U were limited to Miiverse (shut down now), and a small handful of websites that might no longer support it and I don't have accounts on them anyhow. You couldn't just screenshot something onto an SD card and then place that in a computer. So you'd have to settle for TV images taken from a large tablet nearly a year old.

And, out of laziness, I'd just use default Male and Female Cross as the models (unless you want me to give them green skin, blue hair with pink highlights, and other little wacky details). You'd be seeing a lot of red too, since I'd just buy all the level 55 armor for this, which is all red, armor color being determined by its level. Would just 2 pictures per armor design: one from the front, one from the back, suffice?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it depends for me tbh. I am kinda ok with it in Neps for example because it's fun, unserious, Parodies & stuff. In serious stuff i usually hate it though (example: Fates with it's thong shots, Camilla, etc.). Fanservice has it moments, and when it disturbs serious moments it's annoying.

That's fair. I actually kind of agree. Camilla was egregious enough that even I was bothered by it.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

here's the thing: shelling out 90€ for a series i want to get into/don't know if i will enjoy is kinda much. And outside of the bundle they are 40€ each (atleast on steam). I have no problem paying that much for a series i know i will enjoy (example, i got Sky FC for 7€ on sale iirc, bought SC outside Sale, then bought the rest of Trails games Day 1). Even Atelier Sophie, their oldest game on steam, rarely goes on sale, and when it does, it's a measly 30 %.

Fair point. I already played Sophie and Lulua, and I had already made up my mind to get the Arland games, so the decision was a bit easier for me.
Now that I think about it, MegaNep VII was also on sale when I got it. A measly 8€ for a game I ended up loving so much I named it my current favorite game. That was true luck, I guess.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But if we wanna get overpriced, Totori and Meruru are DLC characters in Atelier Lulua and i haven't bought them because they are each $10 so if i want both, i gotta spend $20. That's like, an indie game or two. Or four Smash characters. I don't know who to blame; the developers Gust or the publishers, Koei Tecmo. Maybe both.

Looking at Koei's track record with the Warriors games (if you want to see overpriced DLC, look at those games. It's ridiculous), I'd blame Koei, tbh.
But yes, I also didn't get the DLC for Lulua. Just the free stuff.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now that I think about it, MegaNep VII was also on sale when I got it. A measly 8€ for a game I ended up loving so much I named it my current favorite game. That was true luck, I guess.

Nepu was extremly worth it for me. Iirc i bough the 4 games for like 16€, which is a super good Price, and after playing them i wouldn't have minded if i paid 16€ for each one. Next mainline Neps is Day 1, whenever we get it, that is (and if i am not totally broke xD).

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Nepu was extremly worth it for me. Iirc i bough the 4 games for like 16€, which is a super good Price, and after playing them i wouldn't have minded if i paid 16€ for each one. Next mainline Neps is Day 1, whenever we get it, that is (and if i am not totally broke xD).

Same.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IT IS TIME! I talked about it a bit in the "watch'a playing" thread over in the general section.

Very good designs though sometimes we get some bad. Can't win 'em all. Of course, when it comes to the Blade series, the real strength is the world design.

One Xeno character has my favorite design in gaming but uh, she's a spoiler. Can't show her.

I recognize it too. It's from

High-res image (since i noticed your profile pic is on the low side).

Since imgur does not support mobile devices anymore, I just cropped it in SF. I am aware that the quality suffers by that. I will redo the image once I have using my laptop next time. 

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Granted, Lys is awesome, but in terms of adorableness, Annette wins.

I have played both and I loved them. Lulua is the third sequel to Rorona (there are Totori and Meruru in between), but I played Lulua first, then Rorona. It honestly didn't matter too much.

Agreed that Lys is a bit too aggro to people sometimes to be adorable. 

I hope for a sale on Black Friday at the latest to grab them. Same goes for a PS4. 

However I should take care about my finances. Spent about 500 € for new furniture and decoration (namely figures) in the past week. 

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

40€ is a steep Price for trying a game imo. 

I wish Games had demos like back then. The amout of demos is way too low. Would help alot with my Puchases

Bold: same. Can we more stuff like, the Dragon Quest 11 S demo? Even as someone who doesn't really care for Dragon Quest, mad props for Square Enix for releasing a 10 hour demo that carries over into the full game.

Anyway, back to the original point, absolutely agreed that $40 is steep for trying out a game. Luckily, since it is on PC, you can always, uh

Image result for jack sparrow gif

and then decide if you actually want to buy the game or not. It's a valid strategy if it can be done, don't let people tell you otherwise.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I like the choice to put Dunban with Shulk here.

Oh that was Dunban. I actually couldn't tell because of the armor he was wearing.

As an aside, do you prefer maingame XC2's Gormott music, or Torna's rendition? I prefer Torna's, but it could be first time bias.

Overall, i do prefer Torna's rendition but the XC2 version has a chorus that kicks in near the end of the track and i really like that.

Corrected, the head of the Titan looks ferocious. I'm rather pleased Mor Ardain isn't a generic evil empire, but the beta design would have made its Titan look the part.

It would've made for a nice expectation subversion too. I mean, it already happens but if we use concept Mor Ardain, you go from the beautiful Kingdom of Uraya to the desolate Empire of Mor Ardain, located on the most intimidating Titan of Alrest and given your previous encounter with Ardainans, you may be going in expecting them to be the tyrannical Empire of the game. Instead, you find out that Ardanians are actually just friendly Scottish people and the one you fought in Gormott was just a bad apple.

As is in the final design, it recalls more an aged, worn, and humble human to me, which suits it given the Titan is approaching death.

That is true though it makes me wonder what Mor Ardain looked like when it wasn't dying. It's something that i kinda hoped to see in Torna during the pre-release days, given the playable presence of Emperor Hugo and his Blades, Brighid and Aegeon. Was Mor Ardain always a desert-like environment or was it more diverse in it's ecosystem in the past. I don't recall the Titan being mentioned to be dying during the events of Torna.

Why did Monolith like Praxis and Theory so much? They're optional Blades.

I think the anwser is that they just like them a lot tbh.

And, it took me time to admit Morag was in this picture, she doesn't look like herself here.

Yeah, i didn't expect Morag to drink. Zeke drinking doesn't surprise me i suppose Morag does have time to engage in some friendly drinking once in a while.

If you want, I was thinking of PMing you pics of most of the armor sets in XCX. I don't see many images online of the stuff, so I was considering doing it for myself for reference.

Unfortunately, the screenshot abilities of the Wii U were limited to Miiverse (shut down now), and a small handful of websites that might no longer support it and I don't have accounts on them anyhow. You couldn't just screenshot something onto an SD card and then place that in a computer. So you'd have to settle for images taken from a large tablet nearly a year old.

And, out of laziness, I'd just use default Male and Female Cross as the models (unless you want me to give them green skin, blue hair with pink highlights, and other little wacky details). You'd be seeing a lot of red too, since I'd just buy all the level 55 armor for this, which is all red, armor color being level-gated. Would just 2 pictures per armor design: one from the front, one from the back, suffice?

Yeah, i wouldn't mind. If you can PM me the XCX armor sets, that'd be nice.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But yes, I also didn't get the DLC for Lulua. Just the free stuff

Same. Just the free music pack and that was it.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Series i consider to be Day 1 atm

Ys
Neptunia
Valkyria Chronicles
Fire Emblem... If i didn't lack a switch, that is xD
Platinum games

For me it's

• Xeno
    • Actually, anything from Monolith Soft
  • Inti Creates (I say as i still haven't gotten Dragon: Marked for Death because of how they handled that game)
  • Fire Emblem
  • Zelda games but only if they are new.
  • Neptunia

And yeah, that's pretty much it. I am getting Atelier Ryza on day 1 but i'm also not getting anything else in October. Won't be picking up the first Dusk game on day 1 because of it being smack in the middle of two of my most anticipated releases for Q1 2020. Rune Factory 4 Special is also a day 1 for me but idk if Rune Factory 5 will be. Probably. We'll see.

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Luckily, since it is on PC, you can always, uh

Image result for jack sparrow gif

and then decide if you actually want to buy the game or not. It's a valid strategy if it can be done, don't let people tell you otherwise.

The seven seas :3

Serious talk tho, i don't like to pirate except if there's no other way (unlocalized games for example) and/or i am not playing anything else. Or i don't want to support a certain company

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Serious talk tho, i don't like to pirate except if there's no other way (unlocalized games for example) and/or i am not playing anything else. Or i don't want to support a certain company

Absolutely understandable. 

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bold: same. Can we more stuff like, the Dragon Quest 11 S demo? Even as someone who doesn't really care for Dragon Quest, mad props for Square Enix for releasing a 10 hour demo that carries over into the full game.

Huh

I knew that your save file carries over and that's cool but I didn't expect the demo to be THAT LONG. I would've downloaded and played it if I knew but since I'm (hopefully) getting the game tomorrow there's not much of a point.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Was Mor Ardain always a desert-like environment or was it more diverse in it's ecosystem in the past. I don't recall the Titan being mentioned to be dying during the events of Torna.

I distinctly recall a throwaway line where Hugo states that the Ardainian Titan is starting to get old. So it wasn't so worrisome yet, but an emperor could take notice of the really long term. I don't think he said anything of the climate or geography though.