• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

My childhood involved various shows on weekday mornings. Stingray, The New Adventures of Gigantor, RoboCop the Animated Series, Inspector Gadget,  Transformers Beast Wars, Pokémon, Recess, Disney's The Legend of Tarzan, and Digimon.

Afternoons often involved Power Rangers, DCAU, Spider-Man, X-Men, Animaniacs, Thundercats, Hanna Barbara's Godzilla, SWAT Kats, sometimes DuckTales, sometimes Darkwing Duck, Voltron, Sailor Moon, Gundam, Zoids, Pokémon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardcaptor Sakura, Hamtaro, Monster Rancher, Transformers Armada, and Dragon Ball.

Prime Time was Dexter's Lab, Cow & Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Weekenders, Teacher's Pet, and Dave the Barbarian.

Saturdays were Power Rangers, Pokémon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, The Ripping Friends, The Mon Cole Knights (don't know if that's the spelling), Medabots, Big Guy & Rusty, Transformers Beast Machines, Transformers Car Robots, Ozzy and Drix, Da Boom Crew, Batman Beyond, Zeta, Static Shock, Ultraman, Funky Cops, Fighting Foodons, Kirby Right Back At Ya, TMNT 2000's, Ultimate Muscle, Shaman King, and X-Men Evolution.

Yeah, I have a good memory. And, obviously, not all of these were on at the same time. Not to mention arranged by how soon they came to mind.

Seeing Inspector Gadget reminds me it disappeared from the TV screen since this millennium. I think it has been more than 20 years ago when I watched it the last time. Really loved the series but also the movie - which is funny enough - came out when the series died on TV. I think a remix of this series came out, but never watched it. 

Real animated?

Admitedly, I don't watch as much TV as I did years ago... though I do keep up with stuff. Like, I did mentioned already here watching the Tales of Zestiria anime. Among other most recent stuff I've watched is Dragon Ball Super, the new Captain Tsubasa (though part of me still calls it Super Campeones out of nostalgia) series, Strike the Blood, hmm... yes, it's mostly anime.

Although, recent might be relative. Like, something like Sword Art Online is already years old... but over here it took until this year to air on TV. Also watched it.

With real you mean computer animated, not handrawn?

You don't know about SAO? Generally, it revolves about MMO games, usually with something different happening at each of them. For example, the very first one, the titular SAO, involves the players being trapped within by its creator until someone beats it or they all die (since dying in-game means dying in the real world too). Yeah, begins like that.

Can't comment on the games.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't comment on the games.

All I know about these is that the "Asian" edition of one of them has a very hilariously bad English translation (fixed somewhat in the NA English version).

sao-09-011-1271x720.jpg

But, Asian English translations aren't for native English speakers anyhow, so I can understand why it wouldn't be perfect.

Oh, haha. Can only wonder what it's actually meant to be that one.

It's a shame. I'd think that shouldn't impeded having a quality translation. Take Super Robot Wars. Nowadays they aknowledge people around the globe will buy them so even if their English releases are also aimed officially only to East Asia, they try to give a proper English translation to them. Heck, in T they even went the extra mile to rename the God Gundam to Burning Gundam in the English version, since even if it's needless censoring, that's how it is in the official (or original, if they ever made a less censored dub) English dub of G Gundam. Could've done without, in my opinion; but it at least shows they have their overseas fans into consideration.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The game called Cool of Beauty. Making fun of people's moms everywhere since ????

I actually don't understand that reference.

Speaking of references

VocYSmC.png?1

Who could forget Thracia 775?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, something like Sword Art Online is already years old... but over here it took until this year to air on TV.

????????

That doesn't sound right. I mean, maybe the latest season but i'm pretty sure the SAO dub has been airing for a while.

2 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Speaking of Sword Art Online

What is this series and how good are their games? 

Acacia explained the premise but as for the quality of SAO itself........it's pretty bad. I mean, there's definitly worse shows out there but yeah, it's pretty bad. I used to like it in Middle School but once i got into High School, i found out the show actually sucks. But i still stuck around it for a bit, but like, ironically. Not anymore because i just don't really care but i still maintain that practice with the Isekai genre of anime. I like watching Isekais, regardless of quality because it's fun to tear apart the bad ones, which is most of them. Not all of them are bad though, shows like Reincarnated Slime and Shield Hero are pretty good. And then Konosuba is among my top 5 anime of all time.

What does this have to do with the games? Well, i haven't played any SAO games myself and maybe as games they play fine. But it's SAO so i wouldn't put too much faith in the writing department. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All I know about these is that the "Asian" edition of one of them has a very hilariously bad English translation (fixed somewhat in the NA English version).

sao-09-011-1271x720.jpg

But, Asian English translations aren't for native English speakers anyhow, so I can understand why it wouldn't be perfect.

Oh dear, that's a grave translation error.

......yeah, i see the door.

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually don't understand that reference.

I haven't played any of those games myself (I dislike F(irst)P(erson)S(hooter) games), but the Call of Duty community is kind of infamous for having people insult other people's mothers during online play.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of references

VocYSmC.png?1

Who could forget Thracia 775?

My favorite Water Badge game.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

????????

That doesn't sound right. I mean, maybe the latest season but i'm pretty sure the SAO dub has been airing for a while.

Maybe in other parts of the world; but here in Latin America it was this very year. Though I think places like Netflix already had it much earlier... but I don't have Netflix and that is still not quite "airing on TV" either.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't played any of those games myself (I dislike F(irst)P(erson)S(hooter) games), but the Call of Duty community is kind of infamous for having people insult other people's mothers during online play.

Ah, it's a Call of Duty reference. Ngl, it kinda went over my head.

I played Modern Warfare 2 when i was younger. I was staying with family friends in Bridgeport Conneticut, which conicdentally, is the same town where i was born. They had an Xbox 360 and only like three games. Modern Warefare 2, Fifa of whatever year and this game

220px-Tork_-_Prehistoric_Punk_Coverart.p

Does anyone remember this game? I played the fuck out of this game as a kid. I wasn't very good at it (back then, i was really bad at platformers).

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Finishing Stella's dungeon though wew. I was always unlocky with it

I really liked Stella's Dungeon in ReBirth 3. Unlike the one in 2, this one felt like you were actually making progress. Though eventually you can just get strong enough to skip to the end of each floor.

Also can Stella become an actual character soon? She's too cute to be regulated to cipher status.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*snip*

Ngl, some of those translation errors feel like it was done on purpose.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe in other parts of the world; but here in Latin America it was this very year. Though I think places like Netflix already had it much earlier... but I don't have Netflix and that is still not quite "airing on TV" either.

Ohhhhhhhhh. Ok that makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Seems like SAO is similar to Fate series, a videogame (series) based on an anime series.

Well the difference is that none of the SAO games are canon. At least, i'm pretty sure they aren't. Fate video games are canon (well, to their own continuities anyway). I think. I know nothing about Fate other that it's basically the Kingdom Hearts of anime. Not in terms of it's writing quality but in terms of how the conitnuity is all of the place.

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Tbh I was only curious because it was published by Bamco, and I only can connect good game series to them. 

Well see, the thing with Namco is that all of their original IPs are pretty good but their anime licensed games typically aren't (especially if it's a 3D open arena fighter). The SAO games probably fall into the latter.

9 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Seems like SAO is similar to Fate series, a videogame (series) based on an anime series.  

Tbh I was only curious because it was published by Bamco, and I only can connect good game series to them. 

Fate was originally a Visual Novel made by Type Moon.

The original Visual Novel is good.

I haven't played FGO myself but from what I've heard the story gets good when Nasu (the writer who wrote the original story) started writing again.

Additional stories like Fate Extra/Fate Apyhcrophyca tend to be good, bad or in between.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Not Three Ships?

Okay, yeah, you're right. Three Ships is better than Thracia 775. The ship-to-ship-combat mechanic in that game is amazing, while the system of 775 characters on-screen at once felt like too much at times. But who knows? Maybe they could fix that in a remake. Graphic processors are a lot better nowadays.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I really liked Stella's Dungeon in ReBirth 3. Unlike the one in 2, this one felt like you were actually making progress. Though eventually you can just get strong enough to skip to the end of each floor.

Also can Stella become an actual character soon? She's too cute to be regulated to cipher status.

Yes, please!

I finished making every single level 60 Skell, to disappointment that their starting weapon loadouts are rather shabby. I'll just stick with the Ares for the superbosses. Still, I like the names and they look good, I customize them later or something.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150416010933

I'm feeling XCX burnout though.😪 I might take a break from it for now.

That, and although I'll be using a visual guide so there should be absolutely no frustration, I'm still not liking the next thing I'll be doing. The Rise of the Blood Lobster.

A psychotic terrorist has planted 99 bombs in the form of lobster plushies across the entirety of NLA (well 100, but the first triggers the mission). You must find them to stop the evildoer, and then afterwards fight them.

The lobsters are scattered anywhere and everywhere in all of NLA. You will need the Skell Flight Module to collect them all. Though at first only 48 will appear, only then shall the 49th spawn, and after obtaining that, you can collect up to 97. Provided you've finished a certain other diabolical mission, only then shall 98 spawn, and after collecting that one, the 99th will finally be available. 

Now for a certain kind of player, one who is chill, who may start the quest early (it is available as early as after Chapter 3) and just come back searching for lobsters every now and then, it might not be so bad. But, for person who wants to do the entire mission all in one sitting, it’ll probably infuriate you.

This said, I'm perfectly at home with Mario "Collect 100 Coins" challenges, just not so much this. However, after SMO and New Donk City, I'd be down for a bizarre and extremely unlikely XCX hack that inserted Mario and did a coin challenge in NLA.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, yeah, you're right. Three Ships is better than Thracia 775. The ship-to-ship-combat mechanic in that game is amazing,

Ok jokes aside, i'm still waiting on a pirate-themed Fire Emblem game. We have boat maps in like almost every game but i want a full-fledged pirate-themed Fire Emblem. Who says pirates have to be the bad guys?

I remember way back before Three Houses was revealed and there were "rumors" of the plot. The first rumor was a pretty extensive one that was essentially a vampire-themed Fire Emblem while the other rumor was a pirate-themed Fire Emblem. I'm sure if you go deep enough into the Three Houses section of the forums, you could probably find it.

I finished making every single level 60 Skell, to disappointment that their starting weapon loadouts are rather shabby. I'll just stick with the Ares for the superbosses. Still, I like the names and they look good, I customize them later or something.

latest?cb=20150416010933

This one kinda reminds me of the A.W.G.S (pronounced "eggs") from Xenosaga Episode I, specifcally the VX-10000 model

latest?cb=20140307092623

Like the Skells, A.G.W.S didn't really belong to anyone and they could be customized. They weren't signature mechs like the Gears in Xenogears. It wasn't until Episode II that signature mechs were introduced to the characters in the form of E.S mechs (Episode II let you swap around the pilots for unique Specials tho).

That, and although I'll be using a visual guide so there should be absolutely no frustration, I'm still not liking the next thing I'll be doing. The Rise of the Blood Lobster.

DmCB-TgWwAI2-p5.jpeg

Good luck, my friend.