• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And how about MAGIC boats? We're not fighting on planks of wood, magic turns Captain Ranforst's S.S. Amazonia into a full-blown jungle!

That would be amazing if that was a thing in FE.

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

This is one of the reasons why I love FE5.

Warp skipping in this game is fun.

Perhaps the only way to get past some of the more frustrating things I've heard about, like the ballista spam.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Perhaps the only way to get past some of the more frustrating things I've heard about, like the ballista spam.

Ballista spam isn't that big of a problem tbh.

What is however is all the Status Staves and the sudden Kaga surprises. I'd rather skip Maps than deal with those

Edited by Shrimperor

Chapter 22 is the most famous example because enemies have a shitton of authority stars.

But the boss can be defeated in the first turn with grafcalibur, so you can ignore all upcoming trouble.

Chapter 24x is also one of those. Send Olwen to the exit room in the first turn to kill the boss all let her solo all dark mages.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ballista spam isn't that big of a problem tbh.

You're gonna love the Blue Lions route, in that case.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What is however is all the Status Staves and the sudden Kaga surprises. I'd rather skip Maps than deal with those

I know you like FE5, but this kinda makes it sound like Warp Skipping is a flimsy band aid for the gaping flesh wound that is bad game design.
I'll refrain from further judgement, as I have not played FE5 myself.
I have, however, watched parts of an LP and I must say, if that game ever got remade, I'd get it in a heartbeat, because some mechanics like automatic dismounting indoors, capturing enemies and stealing all their stuff (looking back, this mechanic was botched in Fates. Hard) as well as a Movement growth rate are incredibly interesting to me.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

but this kinda makes it sound like Warp Skipping is a flimsy band aid for the gaping flesh wound that is bad game design.

it isn't that bad most of the game tbh and only glaring late game

Especially with stuff like non-marked Warp tiles and Same turn reinforcements warping in and attacking at the same turn.

Alot of FE5's problems are basically the ''player didn't know and don't have time to react'' kind. Thankfully, it's only truely bad late game.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

it isn't that bad most of the game tbh and only glaring late game

Especially with stuff like non-marked Warp tiles and Same turn reinforcements warping in and attacking at the same turn.

Alot of FE5's problems are basically the ''player didn't know and don't have time to react'' kind. Thankfully, it's only truely bad late game.

Oof. Those are some of my least favorite problems in games.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Wait. I DO see why this wouldn't go over well with a majority of the fandom.
Remember SoV's boat maps and people's reaction to those? Yeah...

I feel like people had less of a problem with SoV maps and more of a problem with Cantor spam.

I didn't have a problem with either. Free EXP is free EXP.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I assume they can't remain in the Imaginary Number Domain all the time, dimensional instability?

No they can't. They phase in and out of it on regular intrevals. They can still be seen by people when in the IND but they'll be transparent.

It doesn't sound like this at all binds them to the Real Number Domain.

iirc, it doesn't.

I'll even spring for a short-term Nintendo Online subscription if I have to (perhaps we could fight together?).

Yeah, i'd be up for that.

Although I haven't played it myself, I think the great cacafuego of Final Fantasy XV is "road-trip open world" for the first part of the game. But then for the second part, the narrative intensifies and everything becomes one great linear rush. However, one can visit an inn in the linear portion to time travel/"live in flashback" to return to the openess of the first part. As questionable as FFXV is, maybe there is a fleck of gold here?

I see where the idea is going but i think the problem is that Xenoblade worlds are always gonna be open. Yeah it's still linear in the numbered titles but even then, the areas are always pretty expansive with enough worth exploring (for the most part, i don't think anyone really cares too much about the High Entia Tomb or Temperantia). I don't know how FFXV did it's second half but am i correct in assuming the areas got significantly smaller compared to it's first half? If X2 does something like that, i don't think too many people would be happy, including myself.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Alot of FE5's problems are basically the ''player didn't know and don't have time to react'' kind.

My problem with that is that FE5 basically wants you to use a guide to avoid the bullshit. That's one of the reason why i don't like FE5. Everyone says "oh FE5 isn't too bad if you use a guide" but if i have to use a guide throughout most of the game ti make it enjoyable, then is it really a good game?

FYI, i don't think guides are a bad thing but i should at least be able to play through a game without having to rely on one for 90% of my playtime.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't know how FFXV did it's second half but am i correct in assuming the areas got significantly smaller compared to it's first half? If X2 does something like that, i don't think too many people would be happy, including myself.

I think it becomes a hallway simulator, so yeah. And for the old Xeno fanbase, it'd likely be a semi-reminder of Disc 2, we don't need to relive that.

I was only trying to visualize one option that already exists, Monolith could travel many others paths for X2. And I trust them to do it well, instead of collapsing in on itself due to an imbalance of size, weight, and pressure to catastrophic consequences (aka a supernova, and FFXV).

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No they can't. They phase in and out of it on regular intrevals. They can still be seen by people when in the IND but they'll be transparent.

Thank you for the clarification.

And thanks for all this Gnosis information, it is very interesting!

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My problem with that is that FE5 basically wants you to use a guide to avoid the bullshit. That's one of the reason why i don't like FE5. Everyone says "oh FE5 isn't too bad if you use a guide" but if i have to use a guide throughout most of the game ti make it enjoyable, then is it really a good game?

FYI, i don't think guides are a bad thing but i should at least be able to play through a game without having to rely on one for 90% of my playtime.

Honestly, i agree with you. 

I think FE5 would be a much better game if it didn't have the surprise stuff tbh.

But i still enjoy it for it's map design and all the (unique) Mechanics it had. It just needed to be more clear & fair to the player without relying on surprises to make people reset

Edited by Shrimperor

Yeah, FE5 would have been easily my favorite FE game, if it had not some stupid things like hidden traps, overpowered ballistas, infinite lasting status affects and some really frustrating hard maps like 4x. That said it is still my second most favorite game simply because I love its mechanics. 

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel like people had less of a problem with SoV maps and more of a problem with Cantor spam.

I didn't have a problem with either. Free EXP is free EXP.

Same.
The peeps on Celica's route were much higher leveled than the guys on Alm's side of things because of that.
And Celica's side is shorter.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but if i have to use a guide throughout most of the game ti make it enjoyable, then is it really a good game?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. So, so much this.

Haven't watched the video yet (because Holy S in my P 4 hours!), but if the thumbnail and title are anything to go by... yeah. That guy/gal is actually insane... ly good at this game.
I wouldn't even dream of doing that. Hell, I have sworn off on playing Maddening ever since I knew the mode would eventually come out.  

This is the fifth video, so meaning 20 h in total so far. 

I mean some chapters are really easy to solo with Byleth, but if I think about chapter 6 and 14 in maddening, then wow, this guy gets all my respect. 

Tbf I only came to this channel because he did tons of great Tales of LPs including special challenges, similar crazy to this 3H run. 

Just got back into 7th Dragon 2020-II and slew the resurrected butter/dragon-fly Imperial Dragon. For the first time in all three games of 7th D I've played though, I had to skip on killing certain Dragons, because they were simply too strong. I brought Poison-blocking accessories b/c that I thought would be the only worrisome ailment in the fight. Nope, boss has partywide Sleep, and can react to Sleep with a single target followup damaging and Poisoning one of the Sleep victims. I refused to surrender and won out though, took some time.

Getting that Imperial slain means I can finally spend my SP, which I hadn't because it isn't until after it can I unlock the majority of skills. Therefore, I don't have regrets not about investing in something, fearing I should have saved up for something else coming later.

I know how my Trickster is going: Hide+Bush Trap, Trick Hands, and Assassin's React. My Destroyer is Counter Stance for their singular fundamental move, but the rest is undecided. And I haven't a clue how to build my Idol, whose main Dragon duty is throwing around healing items. Have to check how strong/weak its lone healing skill is at max level.

And after having online guides for EOs and the other two 7th Ds as to the exact power of each skill, not having them here only creates little, unnecessary worries that I could invest SP poorly.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I trust them to do it well, instead of collapsing in on itself due to an imbalance of size, weight, and pressure to catastrophic consequences (aka a supernova, and FFXV).

Yeah indeed. Nintendo pretty much gives Monolith free reign when it comes to their own stuff so i don't imagine there'll be any development interferance, something that hurt both Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy.

Thank you for the clarification.

And thanks for all this Gnosis information, it is very interesting!

No problem.

Indeed, the Gnosis are quite interesting. I think my favorite part about them is why they are so deadly. Gnosis are so utterly terrified of anything that breathes that they will do whatever it takes to destroy every last trace of life. Another interesting aspect is despite usually appearing in groups, a Gnosis isn't actually aware of the presence of other Gnosis. From a Gnosis' point of view, they are the only one of their kind. The reason why so many gather is because they are attracted to the energy emitted from the Zohar, whether it be the original or one of the 12 Emulators. They can show up anywhere but attraction to the Zohar is what tends to cause the larger groups to show up, though there are other causes. It may look like Gnosis work in groups but the truth is that they don't. This is taken from Perfect Guide, which is basically the Xenosaga version of Perfect Works. I haven't read it myself though, i only know bits and pieces.

As far as their biology is concerned, Gnosis are beings mostly composed of sodium chloride a.k.a salt, which is pretty interesting given how destructive these creatures can be.

There are other interesting facts about the Gnosis but it is spoiler territory.

This should make for a Halloween scare.

EGjp9swWkAAu6Ae?format=jpg&name=small

Well someone is happy at least.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Just call me AL said:

Has anyone here gotten to see Promare yet?

Me.

It was amazing. Plot was kinda dumb but the movie made up for it by being an incrediably enjoyable expirence. Animation is God-tier and so is the music.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me.

It was amazing. Plot was kinda dumb but the movie made up for it by being an incrediably enjoyable expirence. Animation is God-tier and so is the music.

Good man.

I for one basically didn't feel the adrenaline wearing off until about a few hours later.

Heard of that movie. I honestly can't say I've an interest to watch it... though then again, not like there's been a choice. No idea if it will be in theaters here.

Surprisingly, a quick check shows me there is a Code Geass movie in theaters here right now. So who knows.

Also, looking up showed me there is a Repair Shop chain across the country here called Promare. Amusing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt