The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

That reminds me, is Prime 4 still a thing?

Anyway... the Ice Beam, huh. The freezing effect might be a factor, in terms of balance. I'm no Smash expert, so can't comment on that.

Speaking of, I wonder what may be the weapon's fate in a post Fusion game... we still haven't, no?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes but a few months ago, they confirmed that development is being started over from scratch, because they weren't happy with what they currently had. So i wouldn't be surprised if Prime 4 doesn't come out until 2022 or after.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway... the Ice Beam, huh. The freezing effect might be a factor, in terms of balance. I'm no Smash expert, so can't comment on that.

They actually had openings listed a few months ago for jobs like "Art Director", "Lead Character Designer", "Physics Engineer", all of which are kinda sorta just a teensy bit important.

It was still possibly missing an art director as late as June from what I know.

Also, at Retro, ~27 workers from MP3 remain, but less than 10 going back to MP1 are left.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking of, I wonder what may be the weapon's fate in a post Fusion game... we still haven't, no?

Samus should still have it. Remember, the final "fight" of Fusion (unless you consider it to be the SA-X, not unreasonable since the very last fight is cake) is an Omega Metroid. It cripples Samus as she tries to flee the space station she has set to crash, but an SA-X, probably the original, tries to fight the Omega Metroid, only to be swiped at and itself defeated and reduced to its blob form. Samus then absorbs the SA-X, regaining her old Power-Varia Suit and the Ice Beam, which in this final moment is no longer anathema to her Metroid-vaccined person. She uses the Ice Beam to kill the Omega and she escapes.

So, the Ice Beam would be certain to return. And one way or another, so would Metroids.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh, I'm aware. Fusion was the first Metroid I became aware of, even, heh.

See, that's kinda the thing I ponder about. Does she really no longer have Metroid DNA? Or she reached the point, throughout the course of the game, that she overcame that biological weakness, partly since she's not a full Metroid, with absorbing the SA-X being the catalyst or final step? Or was it the adrenaline of fighting the Omega Metroid?

Hard to say. Right now it's only clear that she has the capability back... but who knows what's in store in the future.

Yeah, no doubt Metroids will still come back one way or another, heh. Could be the Ice Beam too, also being iconic. Though for now it's all uncertain. Timeline-wise, we ain't seem to be looking forward from Fusion any time soon.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think that is being played in reverse, but, it sure looks like it could be.

It's absolutely playing in reverse (you can see the flames going inward).

This gif is one of my favorite things to come out of the Xenoblade fandom because it's basically just "Malos T-poses his way to the roof".

Just now, Armagon said:

It's absolutely playing in reverse (you can see the flames going inward).

This gif is one of my favorite things to come out of the Xenoblade fandom because it's basically just "Malos T-poses his way to the roof".

I didn't notice the flames. Still, it does make Malos look boss. 

After considering the full extent of Jin's Absolute Zero, and factoring in Xenoblade already has future sight, I think immediate-term time rewind would be a perfectly feasible inclusion.

And since Gravity = Dark in XC2 (but I don't think this is ever brought up in lore actually), Malos reversing gravity might be reasonable. Not that Malos need gravity control to explain flying, Sheba off the top of my mind already does it in a bathtub and she's Water-based.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After considering the full extent of Jin's Absolute Zero, and factoring in Xenoblade already has future sight, I think immediate-term time rewind would be a perfectly feasible inclusion.

And if we take Xenosaga into account, time-travel is also a possibility within Xeno lore (like 90% of Disc 1 of Episode III is a time-travel plot). So time-rewind is definitly a possibilty within Xeno lore.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And since Gravity = Dark in XC2 (but I don't think this is ever brought up in lore actually),

Yeah, it's not. And Dark is what the element is called (Azurda will call it out if certain enemies have that weakness), it's more of just gravity manipulation is a part of the Dark element. Just like how particle manipulation is a part of the Light element (since the Light combo stages are called Photon -> Gamma Ray -> Supernova).

And on that note, it seems the Water element has the attribute of poison as well, given that a stage 2 water combo is called "Venom Water" though it's the only instance of Water ever showing signs of posion, unlike the Light and Dark elements which always have a theme of particles and gravity respectively. That said, Aqua (the first stage of a Water combo) was called "Poison" in E3 footage.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Flying bathtub, what?

Meet Sheba, an Ether Cannon Blade of the Water element.

latest?cb=20190203040101

....her official art doesn't have her in the bathtub. But she basically flies around in it when on the field.

latest?cb=20171116072214

She also rocket propels the bathtub to ram into the enemy in her Lv.2 Special, iirc.

And fun fact, Sheba is canonically lesbian. I think that makes her the first LGBT character in Xeno but i could be wrong. Maybe there's someone in X who's also that.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'l give you about 72 hours at the max before you wake up and realize that Nepgya has taken over your body.

Welp, RIP me, then. XD

Doesn't Neptune have a healing skill? Cause i'm pretty sure she does.

She has a passive that heals herself in MegaNep VII, which you can use as a base to make Nep-Nep into THE tank: give her a Game Disc with that same skill at a high level and the Devil Processor Units that also give passive healing = over 4,000 HP healed every turn. But she lacks an active healing skill (Nepgear has two, Uzume has one as well on top of a revival one). She has two buffs, yes, but all her other skills are physical attacks, like Victory Slash or Neptune Break.

She may have one in one of the spin-offs, though.

But yeah, the Canidates are much more balanced than the CPUs. Though i'm definitly more of an "offense is the best defense" guy so i usually keep the Canidates in the rearguard unless it's ReBirth 2.

I'm usually the same way in any game.
Nepgear and Ram are mainstays in my VII party, though. Nepgear because I like her, and Ram because she's too strong (and useful, as there are many enemies who are completely immune to physical attacks in VII) to leave out.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20191009_214908.jpg?width=507&height

When you steal Flayn's fish.

XD

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, it's not. And Dark is what the element is called (Azurda will call it out if certain enemies have that weakness), it's more of just gravity manipulation is a part of the Dark element. Just like how particle manipulation is a part of the Light element (since the Light combo stages are called Photon -> Gamma Ray -> Supernova).

Yeah, I should have flipped my phrasing to "Dark = Gravity". But good point about sci-fi traits being weaved into Light too, photons are particles of pure energy.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

And fun fact, Sheba is canonically lesbian. I think that makes her the first LGBT character in Xeno but i could be wrong. Maybe there's someone in X who's also that.

There are twin brother NPC BLADEs named Lara Mara and Lara Nara in XCX. Both look a little old (35 apparently- anime logic about aging), but they're both muscular, flamboyant and might be wearing lipstick. So gay stereotypes more or less, a little offensive, but not aggressively so. They even get a Special Holofigure posing together called "Visions of Beauty". 

And, there is this bit of post-battle victory banter.:

Spoiler
Male Cross (Classic) Cross - "I know we're fighting for the humanity, but this all feels so futile."

Doug - "Man, what you need is a nice girl...or y'know guy if that's your thing."

If you need to hear it aloud, I've set this collection of Cross-Other Playable Characters banters to precisely Doug's above line.:

If you need to hear Cross utter the first line, go back to 6:01.

Add in Mia's two dead dads, and gay marriage almost had to be legal on Earth, and almost should be legal in NLA. It is space colony designed and funded by the USA, which did fully legalize gay marriage in the year this game released.

Doug himself isn't gay by the way. Lao-Doug victory banter has Lao speak of a girl Doug is into. Doug-Hope has Doug go stereotypical s-s-stutter b-b-because l-l-l-love, so she has to be the lady.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are twin brother NPC BLADEs named Lara Mara and Lara Nara in XCX. Both look a little old (35 apparently- anime logic about aging), but they're both muscular, flamboyant and might be wearing lipstick. So gay stereotypes more or less, a little offensive, but not aggressively so. They even get a Special Holofigure posing together called "Visions of Beauty". 

And, there is this bit of post-battle victory banter.:

Reveal hidden contents

So basically, there were LGBT characters in Xeno before but Sheba is the first playable one.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

She has a passive that heals herself in MegaNep VII, which you can use as a base to make Nep-Nep into THE tank: give her a Game Disc with that same skill at a high level and the Devil Processor Units that also give passive healing = over 4,000 HP healed every turn. But she lacks an active healing skill (Nepgear has two, Uzume has one as well on top of a revival one). She has two buffs, yes, but all her other skills are physical attacks, like Victory Slash or Neptune Break.

Oh, i must confused her with Nepgear then because i could've sworn Neptune had a healing skill but i guess not.

21 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Another old friend

Reveal hidden contents

20191016030437_1.jpg
20191016030509_1.jpg
20191016030522_1.jpg
20191016030524_1.jpg

Isn't Zoro Agruga the same name that the skeleton dragon in Trails of Cold Steel had? That one was one of my favorite bosses purely due to its design.

21 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

She does have one in 4GO.

Ah, I see.
I saw the opening movie to that game recently. Looked interesting, but I'm not much of a fan of MMO-esque combat systems.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh, i must confused her with Nepgear then because i could've sworn Neptune had a healing skill but i guess not.

It happens. I confuse Ram and Rom all the time when it comes to their skills.

6 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

That Flayn image is excellent Halloween avatar material.

Indeed.

18 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Had to leave work early because I simply cannot get rid of the cough I have had for almost three weeks right now. I ordered tons of medicaments. Hopefully they will work...

Get well soon!

I just got back from university myself and I still have my major cold... it's not fun. Also the stomach cramps are back. Ugh.

1 minute ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Aww... sounds even worse.

Get better soon as well!

Thank you!

It's not too bad for now. The only issue is that I haven't slept properly in, like, three days (because seminars, lectures and the like kept me from sleeping during the day). I have a free day tomorrow, so I'll probably sleep through all of that.

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Current weather is excellent for catching a cold. 

I got so tired of the raindy and windy weather.

It's fall as fall should be, I feel like. Nature needs the rain right now after the major drought we've suffered through for the longest time.
But you're right, this weather is prime "haha, now your nose is running!" weather.

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Tbf it is my first real cold for about 1.5 years.

Nose inhaling everyday prevented it....... till three weeks ago.

Oof.

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Despite the drought at summer it has rained more than enough lately.

Don't forget about last year, where for the most part, it didn't rain like... at all.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Isn't Zoro Agruga the same name that the skeleton dragon in Trails of Cold Steel had? That one was one of my favorite bosses purely due to its design.

23 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yup

I saw the opening movie to that game recently. Looked interesting, but I'm not much of a fan of MMO-esque combat systems.

it's... okayish

if you want an action game, i would recommend Ys or Platinum games instead

1 hour ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Had to leave work early because I simply cannot get rid of the cough

I still have my major cold

Get well soon, both of you!

1 hour ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Current weather is excellent for catching a cold. 

one day 25°C
next day 10°C