• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yup

Knew it!

it's... okayish

if you want an action game, i would recommend Ys or Platinum games instead

Figures. After playing SuperNep RPG and based on what you and Armagon told me, I think I might stay away from Nep spin-offs for the time being.

Get well soon, both of you!

Besten Dank!

one day 25°C

next day 10°C

That's the most annoying thing about this time of year.

What I hate most is when I have to put on a thick jacket and several layers of clothes in order to avoid freezing to death in the morning only to end up sweating buckets in the afternoon.
It's like "it's one or the other! Pick, damn you!"

I know this feeling. 

Since I have to walk from to home to work and back each 3 km I usually start to sweat. Carrying a jacket is uncomfortable, so I keep it on with the mentioned consequences. 

Anyways the good thing of my unwanted long weekend is that I have the time to make progress in Valkyria Chronicles 1 + 4 (yeah playing both simultaneously).

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Figures. After playing SuperNep RPG and based on what you and Armagon told me, I think I might stay away from Nep spin-offs for the time being.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, they kinda tend to be eh...

Honestly, 4GO had the potential to be pretty good, but it got marred by bugs and meh bosses.

Especially the bugs <.<

And for a game you should play with others, it's netcode......

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

What I hate most is when I have to put on a thick jacket and several layers of clothes in order to avoid freezing to death in the morning only to end up sweating buckets in the afternoon.

today, went down with a T-shirt + Pullover
With pullover it's too hot
without it's too cold
sometimes it's hot without pullover or cold with one...

1 hour ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Anyways the good thing of my unwanted long weekend is that I have the time to make progress in Valkyria Chronicles 1 + 4 (yeah playing both simultaneously).

Have fun 😄

Being able to encounter high-level monsters in a low-level area. Now where have I seen that before...

uLztnDW.gif

Natrually, there were memes

7bm6MWa.jpg?1

14 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Had to leave work early because I simply cannot get rid of the cough I have had for almost three weeks right now.

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I just got back from university myself and I still have my major cold... it's not fun. Also the stomach cramps are back. Ugh.

Ooh, that's not good. Get well soon, y'all.

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This happens in Florida too and because i'd rather be cold than be hot, i usually just ditch the warmer clothing and go out in normal clothes. I'm able to do this because i honestly don't really feel the cold (well, i do so it's more of, it doesn't bother me) unless it's like, 40 F. Of course, Florida cold and Germany cold are very different things so i'm sure this tactic does not work over there. If i lived in Germany (or any northern European country), i'd probably actually get cold.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, 4GO had the potential to be pretty good, but it got marred by bugs and meh bosses.

Especially the bugs <.<

Did they not......patch the bugs out?

I can't wait for the first area to have a level 81 Territorial Slaking.

So about two weeks ago I sent in my Joy-Cons to have their drifting fixed, and earlier today I got them back. Since they were my only Switch controllers I haven't been able to play Three Houses in the meantime, where I was on Chapter 20 on Azure Moon. I was wondering if I should have just finished it before sending my Joy-Cons in, but I preferred to stay on the safe side because didn't want to accidentally delete my save data or something.

More importantly, on the index card that I sent with my Joy-Cons I also wrote "Who is your favorite Fire Emblem: Three Houses character?" I didn't know if anyone would respond but I thought it was worth I shot. When I got the package I found that someone did respond! They said they love Edelgard and Dorothea, and they even doodled their faces (and apologized for not being able to draw). The whole thing really made my day more special. The moral of the story is that if you send something to be repaired by Nintendo, be sure to ask a question so you can get your money's worth (though my Joy-Cons were repaired for free, aside from the 85 cents I spent on an envelope).

Edited by Lightchao42

On 10/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, Armagon said:

So basically, there were LGBT characters in Xeno before but Sheba is the first playable one.

Pretty much. But now you have me pondering whether Cross should be able to date or not. Mimeosomes are the ultimate form of protection/birth control, no chance of STD or pregnancy and without any sacrifice in sensation.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Being able to encounter high-level monsters in a low-level area. Now where have I seen that before...

uLztnDW.gif

Will Game Freak let you see the Pokemon's level before you encounter them? I'm not aware enough of Sword/Shield to know if they'd let that slip somehow.

Sure, you'd likely know at a glance that if you saw a Salamence or even just a Medicham amid a group of level 12 Emolgas, that the 'mence or 'cham was likely one of those dangerous Pokes.

But, I would imagine there are certain Pokemon that could trip people up. Perhaps, those Pokemon in the middle of an evolutionary family, or Pokemon that can't evolve at all, or evolve only via special means. Where would Dusclops fall? Or Sigilglyph? Or Scyther?

I've read a few reviews for Little Town Hero. 6-9 range I've seen. 6 if you don't like it, 7 for the average, 9 if you love it. Technical hiccups as a flaw. Lengthy (perhaps too long) and fairly complex card-game-inspired battles, with an element of luck, is the game's primary offering. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea, not bad, but not exactly good for Game Freak proving it's more than just Pokemon.

I'm getting close to the end of 7th Dragon 2020-II. The countdown is at 77 Dragons remaining. Since the game began, I've been seeing that the Tokyo Sky Tower has 46 Dragons. With only the Imperial remaining at the Atlantis ruins, that means exactly 30 dragons are hiding out somewhere else. It's likely the icy-flooded place from 2020, where the last Imperial I need to slay before going against Fomalhaut must be.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Ok, so this is 3H related. I do not know how many people following this thread care about it, but I want to say things.

I have had trouble picking a Byleth pairing for use in fanfics for a while. While I have not beaten all the paths yet (I am close; just Silver Snow left), I have a good idea on who these people are. So, it was a choice between Marianne and Mercedes at first, and now it is between Marianne and Lysithea. I might make a decision once I beat Silver Snow (where I will S support Lysithea), but...

Damn.

Is this fanart blessed enough to help me make this decision.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Get well soon, y'all.

This happens in Florida too and because i'd rather be cold than be hot, i usually just ditch the warmer clothing and go out in normal clothes. I'm able to do this because i honestly don't really feel the cold (well, i do so it's more of, it doesn't bother me) unless it's like, 40 F. Of course, Florida cold and Germany cold are very different things so i'm sure this tactic does not work over there. If i lived in Germany (or any northern European country), i'd probably actually get cold.

Did they not......patch the bugs out?

Thanks! 

I am feeling a bit better today. I will use the (unplanned) free day for recovery. 

The main difference between Florida and North Europe is that the temperature in FL is constant day and night for being close to the equator. And it is way more humid is way there. If you travel to northern Europe aside of summer, you will feel cold of course. Summers are actual hotter than in Florida but less humid. 

The climate difference is technically the reason why I do not want to travel to FL. A close online friend of mine lives there, but my health would not take the humidity. Maybe in winter it could work since nights are not tropical regarding temperature, but I wanted to travel to the US in May 2020 not to deal with snow in New York. The temperatures would be too high in FL for me at this time. 

I'd say, I wouldn't like to go visit a place like Florida, either.

Not for the heat, I live in a desert, so I'm more used to it. It'd be the humidity. Oh boy... the humidity...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They better come with titles and perhaps even all sorts of names.

Introducing: Menacing Krookodile (Lv.100).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Will Game Freak let you see the Pokemon's level before you encounter them? I'm not aware enough of Sword/Shield to know if they'd let that slip somehow.

There has to be some method, i'd assume. It has been confirmed that you can't catch these high-leveled Pokemon right away (so no, you can't just Quick Ball a Dragonite or something and win) though.

Speaking of the Wild Area, it's supposedly the size of two Breath of the Wild regions put together. Given that the smallest region in BotW, the Great Plateu, was already huge, the size of the WIld Area is actually quite impressive, because Pokemon's never had an area that enourmous before. Credit where credit is due.

This actually isn't enough for me to buy the game though. I've basically set a condition: I'll only buy S/S if all the Pokemon i have are in the game. If even one is missing, it's a no. Given that i have all the Legendaries and Starters, this condition won't likely be met. I don't care for the drama but the confirmation that not every Pokemon will be in the game is genuianly a dealbreaker for me. 

2 hours ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Is this fanart blessed enough to help me make this decision.

Yes.

That fanart is making me realize post-timeskip Marianne should've had a longer hair instead of going from short hair to even shorter hair.

40 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

The climate difference is technically the reason why I do not want to travel to FL.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, I wouldn't like to go visit a place like Florida, either.

It's ok, as a Floridian, i wouldn't recommend living here either. I actually plan on moving up north when i'm able to financially support myself. Where i don't know, maybe just a bit north or maybe i'll return to Conneticut, the State of my birth. Sure, i lose relatievly easy access to all the theme parks but you know

Image result for a small price to pay for salvation

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes.

That fanart is making me realize post-timeskip Marianne should've had a longer hair instead of going from short hair to even shorter hair.

Wait, she does? I thought it was simply all braided up around her. Though I do noticed it was shorter post-timeskip. The casualties of war.

---

Also, I'd say... likely, yes. I have bias for such kind of design, admitedly.

I forgot to respond to this

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

More importantly, on the index card that I sent with my Joy-Cons I also wrote "Who is your favorite Fire Emblem: Three Houses character?" I didn't know if anyone would respond but I thought it was worth I shot. When I got the package I found that someone did respond! They said they love Edelgard and Dorothea, and they even doodled their faces (and apologized for not being able to draw). The whole thing really made my day more special. The moral of the story is that if you send something to be repaired by Nintendo, be sure to ask a question so you can get your money's worth (though my Joy-Cons were repaired for free, aside from the 85 cents I spent on an envelope).

Yo, that's actually like, really heartwarming. I haven't had to send anything in for repairs yet but if i do, i'll write my own note and see how that goes.

17 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Don't get me started about the Guardians in Breath of the Wild...

I too remember that one Tower that's just surrounded by Guardians. And yeah, i did everything i could to reach the top (and i did). Leaving and coming back later meant admitting defeat. I was getting to the top of that tower.

The Guardians themselves aren't actually that scary though tbh. Once you learn the timing for parrying the lasers, it's not too hard to take them out.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Guardians themselves aren't actually that scary though tbh. Once you learn the timing for parrying the lasers, it's not too hard to take them out.

Thing is if you make a single mistake you're dead in one hit.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:07 AM, Armagon said:

Question, did you see the movie subbed or dubbed. Despite me being a sub person, since it was in theaters, i went for the dub option. I'd rather not have to read on the big screen (though i'll have to for the Konosuba movie in November, i'm too used to the sub there). And good thing Promare's dub was great.

Sorry for getting around to this just now. I went to see it dubbed. And, yaaaass.  And it was nice to hear some of the veteran voices that haven't been heard in anime for a while. This was NOT the first time Steve Blum played a firefighter, for example.

I've also been keeping up with its performance a little bit. Night 2 of its preview (which had the sub) saw it reaching #3 on the daily box office charts (beaten out by only It Chapter 2 and Hustlers before getting unseated a day later), and it has so far got around $1.35Million (on estimate) in the US alone. And now, it's one of about 32 animated films in consideration for an Oscar nomination.

Edited by Just call me AL