The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, with the end to the Calamity, I'd like some rebuilding. Breath of the Wild was a tad too desolate. Not sure what they should do with Hyrule Castle, but some Hylians should get to putting Castle Town back together. Not saying we need a full metropolis, but signs that the civilized world is recovering. And not just Castle Town.

Yeah, that could be nice. Maybe you can even help rebuild Castle Town through sidequests. Breath of the Wild already had a sidequest chain where you build a village in the northeastern-most region of Hyrule so there's already precedent.

A resurrection of whatever lost people built the giant rings in Oblivia and megastructures in Cauldros?

Oh, i thought the megastructures in Cauldros were of Ganglion origin. I wasn't aware that they were from the ancient Miraians.

-Let me just restate that I like wilderness, and I want XCX2's new places if it has any (it should) to be overwhelmingly wild. A little rise of civilization would just bring a contrasting, new touch.

Oh yeah, i agree. Part of what makes Xenoblade worlds so beautiful is how untoched by civilization they are. That's a theme across the Blade games.

• Settlements in Xenoblade 1 are very rare. You have the two remaining Homs clonies, the Nopon's Frontier Village and the High Entia empire. Gameplay and lore distances aren't 1:1 but civilization is still very scattered across the Bionis. Apart from the settlements, there are pretty much no signs of civilization. And that's not getting into the Machina, who live in a single village on the Fallen Arm.
  • Xenoblade X's Planet Mira is pretty much uncharted territory, at least for humanity. There are native lifeforms and the Ma-non are at least capable of space travel but despite that, Mira is still mostly wilderness. The only remanets of great civilizations are whatever created the rings of Oblivia and the megastructures of Cauldros.
  • Alrest in Xenoblade 2 and Torna seem to be the most fully civiliazed. Whereas 1 and X just had scattered bits of civilzation, Alrest has entire nations. However, just like the two games before it, there's still a lot more wildreness than civilization and Alrest's human population is stated to be very small.
6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Out-of-context screenshot is out-of-context and a screenshot:

2JNzj2c.jpg

Oh my.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

One more note: the framerate is a$$ in handheld mode. It's better off played in TV mode.

Yeah, i did hear about the framerate when the game released on the Switch. It's why i didn't get it right away and i was hoping for a patch. But sometimes, we can't get the stuff we want.

Game's still on my wishlist though. I'll get it eventually. 

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh, today has been a total waste. Instead of finishing a game, i've been arguing on reddit for the whole day.

It do be like that sometimes.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh, i thought the megastructures in Cauldros were of Ganglion origin. I wasn't aware that they were from the ancient Miraians.

I'm convinced they're the remains of the once-great Alfard Empire. There are vague similarities in the metalwork.

The Ganglion only came and got stuck on Mira *double checks* two years prior to humans. Given the sheer size of the stuff, it couldn't have been Ganglion, it's just too big and too much in too short a time. They figured out how to reside in some of it (and they built their own smaller buildings in Cauldros), but like the Xe-doms, it isn't theirs. 

The Archaeological treasure chests in Cauldros very commonly take the form of altars, they must have been used by whoever once lived there. Although squaring the primitive stone altars with the advanced floating Abandoned Mining Frigates is difficult. (If mining is what the floating structures were used for, the names of Miran places are mostly human-invented, the Nopon terms for Noctilum and Oblivia are "Nightglow Woods" and "Sandy Bum Canyon". I don't recall any ancient records being found that tell us what the ancient natives called Mira and its locales.)

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There are native lifeforms and the Ma-non are at least capable of space travel but despite that, Mira is still mostly wilderness.

The Ma-non aren't native to Mira, if that is what you were thinking. L is (and he's weird in that there aren't any others like him), and the Nopon are. But the Ma-non are from another planet, just victims of the Ganglion and the whole "can't break through the atmosphere and escape" thing about Mira. Maybe there was a bizarre flash of light that got them stuck on the planet too, I forget.

As for the Nopon, there is no Frontier Village shut it with the minor reference Tatsu! or any major Nopon settlement, which is odd, but they try to justify it with the Nopon being nomadic. They do have the Caravan spots in the four non-Primordia regions, but without major housing or large numbers of tents nearby.

And speaking of L, I just read he shares a Japanese VA with Xenogears's Karelian. Well, that is unexpected, the two minds are barely if the remotest anything alike. But how L speaks oddly in Japanese would be of my interest. What does he say instead of "asscave"?

Also, his beta artwork shows radical differences from the final product:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150830122946latest?cb=20150830122918latest?cb=20150830122856

latest?cb=20160321153529

latest?cb=20160321153539latest?cb=20160321164143latest?cb=20160321164202

How are these all the same individual? And in what world would "Skeletal Hellspawn" be playable or eccentrically jovial? The last time I saw so much variety in scrapped designs was Skyward Sword's Fi. I think Fi might possibly be beat. 

They could reuse some of these as totally unrelated characters, and I wouldn't mind.

...And now I see Celica is in a smaller but similar boat to L's:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150830125402latest?cb=20150830125341latest?cb=20160321153624latest?cb=20160321153825latest?cb=20160321153834

The heck? What are these? These aren't Celica, they're lessons in what looks just weird or oddly too human.

And, as something completely unrelated from XCX, I noticed an NPC Prone in NLA had a name ending in "Belgazus". That is almost identical, in English at least, to "Belgazas", as in Blizzard Belgazas, the XC1 superboss.

The Prone take part of their names from the most recently deceased relative, whose remains are fed to the strongest beast the living can find. By taking the name of the creature whom the relative was consumed by, the newborn gains the blessed protection of the ancestor and the powerful animal.

And yet, I don't recognize any other XC1 monster name being used by the Prone. Not even Abassy, the one superboss stronger than than Belgazas. Still, does this mean on another planet an entire Belgazus species like the XC1 superboss exists? 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

EHRYf1BX4AEuSvY?format=jpg&name=medium

Yes this is real. Or rather, was, the page was deleted (but the link still exists). 

EHRjoiyW4AAXlKD?format=png&name=900x900

EHRjoizWsAA-XY0?format=jpg&name=large

If i have to live with this cursed knowledge, so do all of you.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Ma-non aren't native to Mira, if that is what you were thinking.

Oh whoops, my bad. If that's the case though, the only native Miraians are the Nopon and whatever L is. With seems to suggest that apart from whatever great civilzation once existed on the planet, the current Miraians aren't capable of space travel.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, his beta artwork shows radical differences from the final product:

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And now I see Celica is in a smaller but similar boat to L's:

Well now that's interesting. I find it hilarious that in most of L's concept art, you can kinda tell that it's him but then you get into fucking demon L, which i wouldn't have minded having as the final design. I think i like the hooded L the most though. Hoodies are cool. I do wonder if some of these L designs (mainly the demon-looking ones) are remnants of what Xenoblade X's plot was originally supposed to be. L There are others belonging to L's species but like Yoda, we never actually see the others. L's demon-looking designs seem too "out there" even among the native species of Mira and have an almost mythical appearance, kinda like the Telethia. Also from the concept art, it looks like they can control ether, which is pretty interesting given how ether works in X.

Celica's on the other hand, apart from the third set of concept art, doesn't really resemble herself. I'm intrigued by the set of concept art where it seems she's an animorph but i'm glad we got Celica's final design instead.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@DragonFlames If you're interested, I decided to summarize the plots of Luminous Arc 1 and 2 plots. A little vague for details, but I don't remember everything, and it is made to be a nonsensical summary. I can be more serious if asked for.

Still, plenty o' SPOILERS, since this is a full summary. I've just gone and done this if the games interest you enough that'd you like summaries of them.

To summarize LA1's plot:

Reveal hidden contents
  • We're a bunch of orphans raised by the Church! With Sword & Rifle, Bigger Sword, Bow, and Staff, under Spear's leadership, we swear to uphold our sacred motto "Protection the Light, Condom the Dark!" -Or something like that.😜
  • A new maid who loves brooms, she's nice. Whats this in the middle of the night? She has a magic rod and shiny powers able to kill monsters? Keep it a secret, got it.
  • I have a Big Scythe, Big Voice, Big Beasts, Big Breasts I cannot lie! I'm the Witch of Immolation, and I don't give shit, so fry!
  • Maid makes a sudden public reveal as Lucia the Dawn Witch, and she leaves with Vanessa the Flaming dogeressa runs away. Oh yeah, Heath Bar With a Lance leaves too.
  • Vanny is found drinking at a bar a few chapters later. And you'll fight her again, as you will maybe four-five times total. Oh, and forget how, she turns Shota Little Bro's arm into a dragon's.
  • Dawn-Da-Dawn-Dawn Dawwwn! is back! And she'll help us cure Dragon Boy if we come with her.
  • Traitors to the Church! Die by me and my MANLY MUSCLES! -No, you want to harm Little Granny Frog Girl, that is unforgivable, die old man who is obviously overcompensating. -Or die another day, you will eventually.
  • Welcome to the Witch Village in the forest. Have your dragon cure, and meet the Witch leader.
    • And while you're here, we'll tell you that the "God" you worship is actually an alien parasite that sought to consume the planet long ago. We Witches are created by the planet to protect it. And, Ryms were dragons that protected the Witches. This village has a magic barrier made from the tears of the last Rym that died back when "God" was not yet "killed".
  • Back into the open air, I forget what the heroes did next, but they met their former leader and mentor Sir Heath again, as an enemy. Main character Alph defeats Handsome Blonde Spear Man in a duel.
  • Then, they go into a research facility and fight Vanessa again, I don't remember why.
  • AND THEN THEY AND VANESSA FIGHT ME! I AM A ROBOTIC GIRL WITCH! I AM A MAJOR THREAT. SOMEWHERE LATER IN THE STORY, IT'S REVEALED I WAS A LITTLE HUMAN GIRL SIR HEATH KNEW. I LIKED HIM, BUT THE CHURCH SHOVED A THUNDER ROCK INTO ME AND MADE ME THIS WAY. DOESN'T THIS MAKE THE CHURCH YOU LOYALLY SERVE MORALLY BANKRUPT TO YOU SIR HEATH? OR DID YOU THINK OF BETRAYING SOONER B/C YOUR SAMURAI SECRET PAL JOINS THE HEROES BEFORE YOU FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT ME?
  • Little Miss Iris there then shows up at another fight. I forget why, but Lucia had a tsundere moment with Alph, and then he makes up with her just in time to save Lucia from Iris. It turns out Alph isn't likely the blood brother of the little dragon boy Theo, but he is a Rym too, and he makes a special Witch-Rym bond with Lucia. Also, the two rocks the brothers used as a symbol of their brotherhood fuse into the Macguffin rock called the Light Lapistier.
  • Back in the Witch Village, which has been left undefended with all its Witches gone....
    • Hello hello I'm Priel! I'm totalllly into smashing that unpolished diamond those wacky girls call "Mother Lapis". See I'm complete Angel, and this stone is stopping me from resurrecting God who is just like, the coolest! That invisible barrier like my braces that protects these unpopu-lar boondocks? 3-2-1 and I made it gone!
      • Minus the braces bit, this is how Priel actually talks.😫
  • And with Mother Lapis reduced to worthless pieces, in the center the Dark Lapistier is found and the Twilight Witch the last one arrives! And Vanessa still isn't playable.
  • Battle with that Iris Robo Witch Girl, Heath joins, more fights with the Church.
  • Church HQ reached, now is the time to stop "God"'s return! And, Vanessa finally joins as the last playable character just before the assault begins. She wasn't bad at all to the other Witches, she just had her own way of achieving the same ends of keep God from coming back.
  • I forget exactly what happened, but the innocent little boy Johannes who had the Mark of God and was the figurehead leader of the Church, ends up in cocoon. And, I think the cocoon was flown away by Priel.
  • Where did the Cocoon go? To Antartica! Here, is a secret research facility belonging to the Church. And here, so too fled Kingston, the de facto old man Church leader with an adorable face. The cocoon hatches and "God"- Zehaal as I think his real name is- appears. He is flown away again to the planet's core, to feast away there and destroy it
    • What about Kingston? Priel gives him a whole lot of power. Too much power. As Corrupt Bishop is reduced to a feral beast in human flesh, that is the reward for his "devotion". The heroes kill him.
  • The heroes hurry to the planet's core to kill Zehaal before it is too late. They fight his angels.
    • Master God, those meanies gave me a real ouchie! Aren't you gonna help save your absolute fave Priel? Master God why are you opening your mouth like that? I'm not a spicy cucumber roll! Noooooo! -Finally she is gone. (The cucumber roll bit is again my invention, appropriate for a superficial girl who speaks like she's a teenage from California's Beverly Hills.)
  • God is killed for good. But not without Lucia and Alph staying the core while everyone else flees, Alph protects Lucia, and Lucia vanquishes Zehaal with a super strong spell only the Dawn Witch has. 

To summarize LA2's plot:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Say hello to Sir Alto Roland and friends!
  • Glasses dude has a lab with a orb in a square that he calls a "Runic Engine".
  • A chance encounter with a hotheaded girl who is a little witchy.
  • Josie the Pussycat is attacking! With golems! We flee into the laboratory.
  • My hand burns! Someone, yank the Magic Thingy I grabbed out of it!
  • I, Queen of the Kingdom, declare you a Rune Knight, now go forth and meet with the witches.
  • I, Light Witch Boo-urns, demand you Nordic Letters Kid to accept my Unity Ring and embrace my powah! And don't you dare imagine me in a wedding dress when you invoke it, that creepy.
  • I am Hilda With a Whip and Cleavage, except I was invented before her, I am not to be confused with the ancestral Witch that looks exactly like me in LA3. Anyhow, the Feline Familiar is my comrade, and I'll be fighting you. My actual name is Fatima, I hate the narrator of this summary who keeps not using real names most of the time.
  • Stop the Top-Freedom Witch who we just fought! And Chanson de Roland, keep making Unities with witches as we do this.
  • Oh no, Black-Ice Queen got the magic lockpick! She's going to bring back the guy who the world warred against 20 years ago!
  • The old Master Cervantes is free, and he's got the Soul Edge! The world is doomed to darkness! (Soulcalibur references, I'm making a handful more after this.)
  • Roland, I am your father!😱
  • To battle against Algol! Ugh! We can't win!
  • Novice Witch is suddenly speaking in tongues! And she's owning the Old Man with the Sword, but not entirely.
  • Pyrrha has been terribly injured by the cursed blade, and she suddenly looks like Elysium. We must find a cure.
  • And that cure is for Main Dude to become a MASTAH! Bam! She's fixed.
  • Back to this Wild Cat, Silver-Crown-on-a-Hat Girl, and Man Ruler of All Witches chase.
  • Open Conclusion Gate, end this game's first half!
  • RAWR! Die old man! 
  • We were wrong to oppose Nightmare and Ivy? Noooooooo!
  • Kill the unholy fusion of man and beast! This must be the leader of the Beast Fiends we thought Fatima led! Whoops.
  • Her Majesty declares Harem Hero and his allies utterly worthless for all their useless putzing around that did nothing to end this game ages ago! To jail with them and the "I Couldn't Trust/Explain My Noble Goals To You!" Witch, execution awaits thee!
  • Freedom thanks to a bunch of noble thieves. And Fatima joins!
  • To the Rose Garden! No! Wolverine unpaused The Bachelor! We failed again!
  • Well, off to the final battle through the dimensional door to commit matricide then!
    • And I do mean "matri"cide. See, the Big Bad ran an orphanage and research center, or maybe it was just a children's hospital. Anyhow Mother Eremiyah fell into utter despair when faced with all the lives she couldn't save. Obsessed with creating new life, she created the Beast Fiends. Being insane and dangerous, she got sealed away.
    • But, I guess the seal had been weakening over thousands of years, and Beast Fiends started leaking through. One of them took the form of a little girl. This girl was raised as a little sister by a former researcher of Mother Smother who betrayed and helped seal her away. But, her "shadows" were sealed behind the 4000-Year Door too, so she gained immortality from aging. The little girl grew up into the Witch called Althea, who coincidentally wished to be as great and glorious one day as the individual called the 1st Mage Queen, who in reality was her evil creator "mother".
  • After the final battle was won, the world lived happily ever after. And Roland chose to commit himself to Althea or Fatima.
    • ~85% chance of Althea love, picking just the right dialogue choices for the Shadow Frost Witch is rather difficult I think. Not sure if I ever found a consistent logic to the choices that lead to Fatima. But, despite dragging me on a long chase, that two hours with her and the heroes locked in a conference room could have prevented, I still liked her more.
    • Technically, Roland committed sooner, since the battle before you cross into the Conclusion Gate varies depending on who he likes more.
      • If Althea is liked more, Fatima feels she can't trust everyone, especially Althea since she is a Beast Fiend, and she and the cat Josie must be fought again.
      • If Fatima held Roland's love, then Althea's jealously towards Fatima causes her to lose control of herself and become recolored into a Beast Fiend, and thus she must be fought.
      • If Roland picked Althea, she then attempts suicide being that she is a dangerous Beast Fiend I think after defeating Fatima, and Roland has to use an extra-deep bond dive (no gameplay associated with it) to save her. I forgot what happened if Roland favored Fatima, but quickly looking it up online, Fatima lets herself be stabbed by Roland, so her soul while near-death can travel into Althea's to purge her of the negative emotions.
      • Also, Roland performs a special attack after the final battle to eradicate the final boss and her world for good. It's done with Althea or Fatima, tothe one he likes more.
      • No, you can't pick a different Witch or other person. It must be Main Heroine or Anti-Heroine. Sorry.

I can recognize many plot points that appeared in Stella Glow in these summaries. Very interesting. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh my.

Indeed. The game doesn't hold back on such things. I did mention the character that gets off on verbal abuse. Like so:

rh8P61F.jpg

This is also out-of-context screenshot material, now that I think about it. Though there isn't much to misunderstand here.
... Now I kinda want a crossover between this and Neptunia, only to see her interacting with Sadie. Oh my.

The context for the out-of-context screenshot I posted, if you're interested:

Fang visits a town, finds a sword stuck in the ground and hears about a legend that whoever pulls out said sword known as a Fury will be granted a wish. Wishing for unlimited food supplies, Fang yanks out the sword and out pops Eryn, a Fairy, who tells him that he is to be her partner (a.k.a. a Fencer) in her quest to revive the Goddess. He flat out tells her "No", to which she replies with the "It's my first time!" line. The "first time" in this instance being the first time anyone has managed to successfully pull out the sword she resided in.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i did hear about the framerate when the game released on the Switch. It's why i didn't get it right away and i was hoping for a patch. But sometimes, we can't get the stuff we want.

Game's still on my wishlist though. I'll get it eventually.

The game does run smooth as butter in TV Mode, so I'm not too bothered by it.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Keep us updated!

Will do!

And on that note, I was just introduced to World Shaping, which is basically the Scout system from MegaNep VII. Gist is, you get different Furies (swords that contain fairies such as Eryn) and you can use those to unlock dungeons (plans in the Re;Birth games) by stabbing them into the ground (complete with innuendo during the tutorial, because of course). Depending on which Fury you use, this will have different effects on the dungeon, like the aforementioned Scouts in MegaNep VII did.

Playing into this is the God Revival system, which has you use the Furies you found to little by little remove the seals on either the Goddess or the Vile God, two beings who fought to the death in the game's backstory. Your goal is to unseal the Goddess, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing stopping you from unsealing the Vile God instead. I haven't tried that yet, but... it's there. Anyhow, unlock part of the seal and the fairy you used to do so gets Shaping Powers (EXP+10% in exchange for Gold-10%, for example), which you can then use to unlock effects in any dungeon you want.

I also met a character that only says "Kill" over and over... because she's too shy to speak normally. She has a fairy partner that translates her speech for her who is voiced by the same person who voiced Nepgear, Sophie (Atelier Sophie), Delthea (Fire Emblem Echoes), and Lisette (Stella Glow).

mdX2WP0.jpg

How very... articulate.

Graphically, the game looks absolutely beautiful. The dungeons are very pretty to look at and I'm already in love with the artstyle and character design, as well. This is an example of a dungeon I liked:

iiEda9U.jpg

Spoilered to avoid making this post too long and in case anyone doesn't want to see it.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

, I was just introduced to World Shaping

So as i pray, UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

20190722221041_1.jpg

Honestly, very late game (3rd route, lvl80+) i was running around with 250%+ EXP and double damage, one shotting monsters for a lvl up xD (i was playing on highest difficulty, so it was either i one shot them or them me)
Made me only fight 40% of the monsters per dungeon or so late game.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Now I kinda want a crossover between this and Neptunia

That happened. Well, kinda. Tiara is a DLC character in Hyperdevotion Noire and not counting that Japan-only gacha game that features a bunch of CH/IF characters, that's the closest we'll ever get to any sort of crossover between Neptunia and Fairy Fencer.

The game does run smooth as butter in TV Mode, so I'm not too bothered by it.

And i usually play on TV mode as well, so that's good to hear. But i also somewhat regularly play on handheld mode as well (makes the two hour bus drives to and from my college campus more bearable) so it is ideal if a game runs well on handheld too.

Fairy Fencer seems a relatievly non-demanding game so the ass framerate on handheld mode isn't the Switch's fault but rather, the lack of optimiziation from CH/IF's part.

>192 HP.

Holy shite. I've never even seen that thing before.

It's from Lindhart and Leonie's paralouge, which awards you with The Inexhuastiable, which is basically just an enhanced Brave Bow.

Edited by Armagon

@Armagon I noticed few, generally smaller but still significant characters design changes in the artbook from glancing over its pages on the XB Wiki. 

Will include XCX SPOILERS for those who haven't played the game, but are interested.:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160321154157

Luxaars that weren't Scrotum Face! Why didn't they use his blue diet version? Too similar to the Orphe?

latest?cb=20160321154207latest?cb=20160321154219

Goetia. At one point she was an evil Princess Ruto, it aligns with Blue Luxaar.

But, why is Goetia E almost identical to some Definians?

latest?cb=20160324195040

latest?cb=20160321154245

latest?cb=20160321154245

Two alternatives for that Ryyz girl, who didn't really have to exist, Goetia was enough.

Next is Celica's companion whom she regards a brother, Rock. I included his final design first just as a reminder of what he actually looks like, since he is fairly minor.:

latest?cb=20160321153917

latest?cb=20160321153927

latest?cb=20160321153936latest?cb=20160321153948

The beta designs look a lot more menacing. It makes sense. He was created as a living weapon by the Ganglion, before turning kind and pacifist having met Celica after destroying her village.

And for Elma in her Mimeosome:

latest?cb=20160321152639latest?cb=20160321152649latest?cb=20160321152709latest?cb=20160321152701

Why do these remind me of someone from XC1? I'm glad they chose otherwise.

And, True Form Elma:

latest?cb=20160321152740latest?cb=20160321152531latest?cb=20160321152549latest?cb=20160321152600latest?cb=20160321152608latest?cb=20160321152458latest?cb=20160321152514latest?cb=20160321152522latest?cb=20160321152717latest?cb=20160321152726latest?cb=20160321152751

I did not know Reclaimers were called "Testament" in Japan. The Yellow or Orange Testament- which are they? 

The last page of sketches I've list is her final design.

I've noticed the artbook has extremely few and pretty uninteresting sketches for the human characters. Either the artbook was already too big to fit those sketches, or the finalized human designs were easily decided upon and didn't need major revisions.

And yet, entire Xeno species like the Ma-non and Wrothian, as opposed to individuals as I've shown, also lack for artbook sketches it seems to me. I find it a little odd they'd so readily decide what these aliens would look like.

And, I read on another website that this L:

240px-XBCX-originformL-concept.png

...is labeled "Origin Form". We must find the Griseous Orb then! (I wish I could read the artbook's Japanese.) 

I would assign a 2% chance now to "L" being an unassuming disguise for some higher being associated with Mira.

Said linked website if you scroll down has this rather interesting unused character posted:

Spoiler

187px-XBCX-concept-neilnail.png

"Neilnail" is her name.

Translated, her blip says:

"A character shrouded in mystery who shares her name with the mysterious Skell Neilnail which appeared at ???. She appears to be a Qlurian, but what exactly is their relation to fellow Qlurian Celica?"

Celica is indeed labeled ingame as a Qlurian, from the planet Qlu. She mentions its geography a little in her Heart-to-Hearts.

The Neilnail, or rather Neilnails as there is a Neilnail Furvus (black) and a Neilnail Albus (white), appear ingame.:

BA3-EB985-6162-4917-ACE4-92-E7-E69-DAECFB80-A44-F5-87-B8-47-E4-B6-E9-8-CA4-F1-DEE6-C57-FF2-D403-43-B8-8512-E63-DCED4-EEBD0618177-314-B-4-DAD-B3-EE-E96-C8-E5-BF2

I had to take pics of their downsized Holofigures, because I can't find anything better online. They're about 3 or 4 times a human's height minus the pointy "hat" I guess. They can strangely change the time in a matter of moments, not that it does anything that matters in combat. They like doing pirouettes and skating in the air too, like whimsy magicians.

The Neilnails are only fought in one online Squad Mission and one offline Time Attack (boss) battle, where they are simply called the "Twin Dolls of Mystery", they're unidentified Skells. I'm not sure why they'd include these things despite their plot being gone, were the 3D models already finished?

Lastly, there was this stuff:

Spoiler

XBCX-sakurabaarmors-concept.png

Unused armor designs.

And, sketches of NLA:

latest?cb=20150909155318latest?cb=20160321154525latest?cb=20150909155446latest?cb=20150909155455

NLA was supposed to have more dynamic changes happen to it as the game progressed, but budget concerns supposedly got in the way.

And yet the biggest change...

489px-XBCX-neotokyo.png

Does that stone path, rock garden, bonsai, lake, and housing architecture look very American to you? Apparently, Neo Los Angeles was originally Neo Tokyo.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, I read on another website that this L:

240px-XBCX-originformL-concept.png

...is labeled "Origin Form". We must find the Griseous Orb then! (I wish I could read the artbook's Japanese.) 

I would assign a 2% chance now to "L" being an unassuming disguise for some higher being associated with Mira.

My thought of this design being a remant from X's original plot is further strengthend. Cause if we look at Mira concept art

latest?cb=20180401130022

the energy coming from the planet and the energy coming from concept L looks similar. Hmmm, i wonder if L's species could be descendants of the ancient Miraian civilization. Given the unique situation, it wouldn't be too out of question.

has this rather interesting unused character posted:

Now this is intriguing. Xenoblade 1 also had an unused character but it's pretty much agreed upon that it only existed for dummy purposes. This one not only has actual art but even a short bio so she was seriously considered. I guess the reason she didn't make the cut was because X's playable roster was already kinda big and they didn't want more. But this doesn't mean that they can't bring Neilnail back for X2.

Does that stone path, rock garden, bonsai, lake, and housing architecture look very American to you? Apparently, Neo Los Angeles was originally Neo Tokyo.

Nah, as Acacia pointed out, the concept art for Planet Mira shows two White Whale locations and we know there is a second one in Mira anyway. My guess is that the second one is Neo Tokyo. That makes me think of another possibility for X2. Instead of X2 solving the mystery of Mira right away, X2 starts with it's own cast in Neo Tokyo and the other side of the Planet is explorered. The game will set up it's own mysteries and then X3 will solve both the mysteries of X1 and X2.

And now for the spoiler art

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160321152701

This concept of true Elma actually drives the KOS-MOS similarity even further. Not only are the colors similar but KOS-MOS even wears a mask. Two actually. The first

latest?cb=20140802031657

is only worn once and is basically used for training and maintence. The second

latest?cb=20150216113957

is used upon activation of the Hilbert Effect. You might also recall that T-elos has a similar mask, one that iirc, activates for the same purpose. And in XC2, it also activates in her Lv.4 Special. There is also artwork and XC2 T-elos was originally revealed with her mask on.

latest?cb=20180424180137

Edit: Actually you know, L's demon concept art makes a whole lotta sense when you realize that his full name, L'cirufe, is an anagram of Lucifer.

Edited by Armagon

21 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

>192 HP.

Holy shite. I've never even seen that thing before.

Tbf Anankos had a massive amount of HP, if you count ALL its body parts.

21 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

The HP is not the problem.

Not even that the turtle is immune to monster effective weapons.

The main problem is that it has quick riposte which means instant death for everyone.

If I let the turtle attack me, it gets extra defense, means my units deal like no damage.

Quick riposte... seems problematic. But what can I say? I dunno, get some defensive unit to attack it until its HP is dwindled enough for the skill to be unusable? Or maybe a powerful attacker who can decimate it and it no longer becomes a threat?

7 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Quick riposte... seems problematic. But what can I say? I dunno, get some defensive unit to attack it until its HP is dwindled enough for the skill to be unusable? Or maybe a powerful attacker who can decimate it and it no longer becomes a threat?

This boss attacks the resistance stat, and magic is extremely powerful in this game, so there is that. No one aside of Lysithea and Marianne could take two hits. However placing both in the attack range is extremly risky because ambush spawn reinforcements can wreck them easily. I gave Byleth an angelic robe to let her take one hit by the boss and one by reinforcements. 

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

and we know there is a second one in Mira anyway.

In case I didn't share the exact thing that tells us this, here, I've set this video's timestamp to just the right moment:

This wouldn't have been possible had the Milsaadi actually blown up the Lifehold piece after using it as a trap, as Goetia did the one time. Thank goodness these assassins aren't so boom-happy.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Edit: Actually you know, L's demon concept art makes a whole lotta sense when you realize that his full name, L'cirufe, is an anagram of Lucifer.

And while I was aware of that, I somehow forgot where he actually mentions it. Of course, it's his introduction back in Chapter 4.😆 

I mustn't have been paying enough attention then, there were plenty of other things I could be concerned about in the moment. L never mentions his full name ever again, so the radar it could go beneath (to phrase the expression oddly as L would).

I'm feeling a little conflicted as to whether I should consider starting up FE3H for the first time. The thing holding me back is I don't want to start it before finishing another Switch game I got recently- Final Fantasy XII. It's a matter of me taking a minor stance against my tendency to leave games incomplete.

And yet, I've been disappointed by XII, I wanted to cry hearing the nostalgic opening music, but for the rest of the game, I've wanted to cry because it wasn't connecting as I hoped it would. I'm in no way angry at the game, I placed high expectations on the Zodiac Job System, and those expectations were tragically stifled by the reality, it's saddening, not infuriating. It's only minor things that annoy me, a byproduct of the sadness. This is supposed to be an "easy" FF so others says. But, considering I've lost to every optional boss I've encountered so far and the story ones aren't exactly cake, either those calling it easy are know-it-alls who've dissected the game inside-out, or I'm doing something wrong even by the standards of a "blind" player. I know the edition I'm playing lets me reset my character customization, but I don't want to use it if I don't absolutely have to.

Nonetheless, I want to see this game through to the end. I've crawled my way to the Phon Coast en route to the imperial capital of Archades. I'm afraid if I drop the game now, I won't ever return to it due to its failure to resonate with me.

Weird dating sim cannot resist the power of Nihon Falcom music:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/347290-switch-game-summer-sweetheart-appears-to-steal-music-from-nihon

And this:

https://nintendoeverything.com/interview-atelier-ryza-producer-on-the-visual-style-and-battle-system-switch-series-future-more/

"What’s the design process like for each protagonist of the Atelier series? Each one is unique and easily identifiable with their respective entry.

In this case, the setting is that she’s a farmer’s daughter, but then we thought, “Well a skirt and farming – that doesn’t go well together.” We don’t really want their underwear showing as well. So we decided to go with the short-shorts. The other aspect is that because it’s summer – that’s the theme – so that’s how we came up with the design.

So surprisingly a lot of people are paying attention to her thighs. We didn’t create her with the intention of her thighs being the key point, but a lot of people seem to be really… (Laughs)

Our approach was to make a cute character without any sexual innuendo whatsoever. Everyone sort of looks at her as sort of being sexy, and that’s completely not how we look at her, so that really caught us by surprise. (Laughs)"

Call it truth or lie, the producer is on record saying that it was unintentional.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Weird dating sim cannot resist the power of Nihon Falcom music:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/347290-switch-game-summer-sweetheart-appears-to-steal-music-from-nihon

Hey man, who can blame them? Falcom music is awesome.

But there's definitly a lawsuit coming, even if this dating sim is shovelware.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this:

https://nintendoeverything.com/interview-atelier-ryza-producer-on-the-visual-style-and-battle-system-switch-series-future-more/

"What’s the design process like for each protagonist of the Atelier series? Each one is unique and easily identifiable with their respective entry.

In this case, the setting is that she’s a farmer’s daughter, but then we thought, “Well a skirt and farming – that doesn’t go well together.” We don’t really want their underwear showing as well. So we decided to go with the short-shorts. The other aspect is that because it’s summer – that’s the theme – so that’s how we came up with the design.

So surprisingly a lot of people are paying attention to her thighs. We didn’t create her with the intention of her thighs being the key point, but a lot of people seem to be really… (Laughs)

Our approach was to make a cute character without any sexual innuendo whatsoever. Everyone sort of looks at her as sort of being sexy, and that’s completely not how we look at her, so that really caught us by surprise. (Laughs)"

Call it truth or lie, the producer is on record saying that it was unintentional.

Oh yeah, i did read that. The perspective between creator and consumer is definitly an interesting one.

Though i do want to point out, when i first saw Ryza's design, i didn't really think about the thighs too much. But then everyone pointed it out and i was like "yeah ok, i see it".

On 10/20/2019 at 2:44 PM, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

KVzasY6.jpg
I become from day to day more badass in Fire Emblem.

A bit late, but congrats!

On 10/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, Shrimperor said:

So as i pray, UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

20190722221041_1.jpg

Honestly, very late game (3rd route, lvl80+) i was running around with 250%+ EXP and double damage, one shotting monsters for a lvl up xD (i was playing on highest difficulty, so it was either i one shot them or them me)
Made me only fight 40% of the monsters per dungeon or so late game.

Awesome. I'm far, far away from that right now. I can't even activate more than one fairy per area, which is a bit of a bummer.

Another little bummer is that the pace of the plot is all over the place right now. Up until the point I'm currently at, it was kind of slow and didn't really go anywhere, now stuff just happens so fast that I barely have time to process it all.
Some spoiler-y details:

Tiara just asked Fang not to fall in love with her, then she was praying to the Goddess to rid her of her "terror" and the very next scene was a giant ship tease moment between Fang and her, with Tiara being all jealous of Fang and Eryn being perfectly in sync while delivering food to the group (so much for not falling in love, eh?). Also, that Sherman or something guy joined me, then left again (I'm CONVINCED he's a or even

the villain). And that one dude that trounced Fang at the beginning of the game (Apollonius, I think), whom I thought was going to be hyped up as this brutally strong boss character, was rather unceremoniously offed. Also, Ethel (the girl who always goes "Kill, kill, kill!") died, I think? The scene didn't make it entirely clear, but the dialogue after suggests she's dead.

And I was just sitting there going "wat?" the whole time. I'm pretty sure this will all be explained somewhere down the line, but the sudden increase in pace is still pretty jarring, to say the least. Game's still fun and the story is still pretty intriguing, all things considered. Hopefully, it delivers on what it has built up so far.
On 10/20/2019 at 7:10 PM, Armagon said:

It's from Lindhart and Leonie's paralouge, which awards you with The Inexhuastiable, which is basically just an enhanced Brave Bow.

Ah, no wonder I've never seen that. I haven't recruited anyone from the other houses in any of my playthroughs, because it just feels weird to me.
And knowing that this is connected to Linhardt and Leonie, who are two of my least favorite characters... well, the screenshots are enough. Reward also doesn't seem worth the trouble, Relics rarely are. Forged Silvers have equal might for the most part and are much easier to repair.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

tjlvb5kmxut31.jpg

will you take her hand?

Do you even have to ask that?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And I was just sitting there going "wat?" the whole time. I'm pretty sure this will all be explained somewhere down the line, but the sudden increase in pace is still pretty jarring, to say the least. Game's still fun and the story is still pretty intriguing, all things considered. Hopefully, it delivers on what it has built up so far.

Oh yes, you are ariving to 'that' moment. All will go crazy fast now until the midgame and the reveals and twists

You fought dark haired dude and killed him, so he wasn't just off'd 😉
And yes, Kill kill kill got killed

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh yes, you are ariving to 'that' moment. All will go crazy fast now until the midgame and the reveals and twists

My gut tells me that terrible things are about to happen.
*Re;Birth 2 Conquest ending PTSD silently resurfaces*

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

You fought dark haired dude and killed him, so he wasn't just off'd 😉
And yes, Kill kill kill got killed

I meant it more in the way that he was pretty hyped up prior to the battle and then the battle itself was rather easy. It felt sort of anticlimactic.