The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

My gut tells me that terrible things are about to happen.
*Re;Birth 2 Conquest ending PTSD silently resurfaces*

Well....
is keeping all the stuff to himself

Spoiler

I meant it more in the way that he was pretty hyped up prior to the battle and then the battle itself was rather easy. It felt sort of anticlimactic.

what difficulty are you on?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Well....
is keeping all the stuff to himself

You better! Else you get the spoiler shoe!
I'm kidding, of course.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

what difficulty are you on?

Normal. But I'm thinking about upping it to at least Hard soon.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah, that explains it
I was playing on Hell xD

I imagine you and Tiara would get along swimmingly. XD

All jokes aside, the game is pretty lax in its difficulty on Normal. Then again, I don't believe any Compile Heart game I've played so far was all that hard to begin with, even if I did struggle at points, specifically the Black Heart fight in Re;Birth 1 comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I imagine you and Tiara would get along swimmingly. XD

What if i told you...

I used to play Trails in the Sky trilogy on Hard/Nightmare?

There's a reason why i consider Cold Steel Nightmare a cakewalk xD

And ayy, nice new avi

Edited by Shrimperor

What if i told you...

I used to play Trails in the Sky trilogy on Hard/Nightmare?

There's a reason why i consider Cold Steel Nightmare a cakewalk xD

I admit, I got my butt kicked on Nightmare in Cold Steel.

And ayy, nice new avi

Less appropriate for Halloween, perhaps, but hey. Goddess Hilda is still Hilda.
Also, the song she gets with that costume is awesome.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I admit, I got my butt kicked on Nightmare in Cold Steel.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well...

Cold Steel Nightmare is like Sky easy for me xD
I even limited myself and stopped using truely op stuff, and it was still 💤for me haha

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, the song she gets with that costume is awesome.

Sadly, by the time she gets it every enemy resists that stuff xD

Well...

Cold Steel Nightmare is like Sky easy for me xD
I even limited myself and stopped using truely op stuff, and it was still 💤for me haha

Nice!
I did a run where I did everything nearly perfectly in preparation for Cold Steel 2 (I admit, I used a guide to find all the sidequests and extras), but I believe my party was still far, FAR from optimal. I did do a bit better in Cold Steel 2, though I never played that on Nightmare, either.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame, because I genuinely love the song itself.
Levia is just too good, though, so I usually tend to spend those Conductor Points on that one instead.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Levia is just too good, though, so I usually tend to spend those Conductor Points on that one instead.

Yup. Healing OP.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I did a run where I did everything nearly perfectly in preparation for Cold Steel 2 (I admit, I used a guide to find all the sidequests and extras), but I believe my party was still far, FAR from optimal. I did do a bit better in Cold Steel 2, though I never played that on Nightmare, either.

now i want to see you doing SC penultimate fight on Nightmare xD

Yup. Healing OP.

Indeed. And you can even control when the healing happens if you keep Hilda near Lisette.

now i want to see you doing SC penultimate fight on Nightmare xD

I'm guessing that's the hardest one?

I'm guessing that's the hardest one?

Well, it's definetly one of the hardest.

Sky 3rd has a couple harder fights though (like

Spoiler

Cassius + Löwe

, together)

And Sky SC epilogue is painful enough on Hard. It made me actually lower the difficulty to Normal for a while before i found normal too easy then restarted again on Hard and tried pushing through it xD

Well, it's definetly one of the hardest.

Sky 3rd has a couple harder fights though (like

Reveal hidden contents

Cassius + Löwe

, together)

And Sky SC epilogue is painful enough on Hard. It made me actually lower the difficulty to Normal for a while before i found normal too easy then restarted again on Hard and tried pushing through it xD

No wonder you called Megadimension Neptunia VII "easy".

I remember having tons of trouble against

Duvalie and McBurn

in Cold Steel 2. On Normal.

I can defeat them, as in bring them to 1 HP (because game doesn't let you defeat Mr.Humburger iirc), in the first battle against them.

iirc the condition to get the extra AP in that battle was to defeath Ms. Not-Saber, which was easily done.

sorry for sounding arrogant xD

I can defeat them, as in bring them to 1 HP (because game doesn't let you defeat Mr.Humburger iirc), in the first battle against them.

iirc the condition to get the extra AP in that battle was to defeath Ms. Not-Saber, which was easily done.

sorry for sounding arrogant xD

You didn't come across as such.

"Not-Saber" XD

Here's me playing some Trails (beware potato Quality and Major CS2 Spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

And that is, what i consider by far one of the Two or three hard battles in the game.

By some miracle, I managed to beat that fight on my first try. Probably because (Character A) didn't use their S-Craft against me.
But I agree, that fight was tough as nails.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"Not-Saber" XD

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

even her S-craft is not-Excalibur xD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But I agree, that fight was tough as nails.

Not as nails...xD
just tough haha

The only tough as nails fight in CS2 was Isra-Zamiel, and only if you do him without any Carryover

Just see how long it took me xD

0e43X2I.jpg

20180227180308_1.jpg

The only Boss in CS comparable to Trails in the Sky bosses on Nightmare

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Still, original lyric'ed songs cannot be cheap in mass quantity, right? How many are there in SG, ~18?

Certainly it was a production values step up for Imageepoch, albeit not enough to garner enough sales to save it and TMS#FE will be the same way twice. Given the LAs couldn't afford more than opening song each yet both 7th D 2020s got Hatsune Miku for their openings.

And, from a gameplay perspective, these songs sound far more useful than the special gimmicks of LA1 and LA2. Synergies being impossible to naturally accrue the FP for and unnecessary for damage, and Engagement only benefitting Roland and not being that amazing.

Sky FC was definitely the hardest game on normal for me. It is also the only of the Trails games which had no easy mode.

CSII on nightmare with transfer boosts was not hard aside of the mech fights in which I screw up in general. Yet have to continue it. 

I am playing 3rd in nightmare right now which is not too bad so far (currently chapter 6). Chapter 3's bosses were a pain and I know about two certain bosses later which will become painful. 

Yeah, i'm pretty stoked. While The Last Jedi thankfully wasn't just Empire Strikes Back 2, i did have a slight concern that Rise of Skywalker would just be Return of the Jedi 2. But with this trailer, those fears have been dispelled. Seems to be taking some inspiration from the Legends storyline Dark Empire (iirc it was called).

There's also going to be a movie marathon at the theaters showing all nine Star Wars films in chronological order. Since classes are out by then, there's not really anything to stop me from buying a ticket to a nine movie marathon. That sounds like a lot but i can just fall asleep during Snoozefest of the Clones and then wake up when Revenge of the Sith comes up. But jokes aside, that nine movie marathon at the theater is something i'm genuianly willing to do.

Edited by Armagon

16 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The only tough as nails fight in CS2 was Isra-Zamiel, and only if you do him without any Carryover

Just see how long it took me xD

0e43X2I.jpg

20180227180308_1.jpg

The only Boss in CS comparable to Trails in the Sky bosses on Nightmare

I feel like I have never even seen that boss once during my playthrough. Is he NG+ exclusive?

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still, original lyric'ed songs cannot be cheap in mass quantity, right? How many are there in SG, ~18?

Certainly it was a production values step up for Imageepoch, albeit not enough to garner enough sales to save it and TMS#FE will be the same way twice. Given the LAs couldn't afford more than opening song each yet both 7th D 2020s got Hatsune Miku for their openings.

And, from a gameplay perspective, these songs sound far more useful than the special gimmicks of LA1 and LA2. Synergies being impossible to naturally accrue the FP for and unnecessary for damage, and Engagement only benefitting Roland and not being that amazing.

Each witch has two main songs and there's five of them, also two "minor" short ones (Hilda has three including the Song of Ruin), plus the opening theme, Marie's Song, Song of the Moon and the Ending theme (the latter three are sung by the same actress). Crunching the numbers that makes 25.
From what I've heard, the actresses who perform these songs are quite renowned in Japan, as well. Fun fact: Yoshino Nanjo, who voiced Lisette in the Japanese version (also the genius behind Levia's vocals), also voiced the character Kiria in TMS.
Gameplay-wise, most of the songs are insanely useful, especially Levia, Ice World when you get it, and Rusty Key, which is a win-button in the earlygame. Not to mention that nearly all of them are great songs. In my opinion, at least.

I've been told that 7th Dragon III also has some known talent (in Japan) behind its vocal themes. I know the person who performed the opening song and the 2nd True Dragon battle theme also sang the main (and final battle) theme for Nights of Azure 2, at least.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I feel like I have never even seen that boss once during my playthrough. Is he NG+ exclusive?

I think he is. But he's also kinda easy to miss. Basically, in the final chapter, before going to Heimdall, you can go around to other places and wrap up unfinished buisness. If you go to Ymir, there's an event with Rean's parents and afterwards, the shrine where that boss can be fought opens up. Said boss was pretty tough for me, even with some NG+ bonuses.

Speaking of NG+, i kinda don't like how it works in both the Crossbell and Cold Steel games. Unlike the Sky games where you can choose what you want and leave out what you don't want, the Crossbell and Cold Steel games does the same except it only lets you carry over stuff if you have enough points for it. So the more NG+ bonuses you want, the more times you have to play the games.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think he is. But he's also kinda easy to miss. Basically, in the final chapter, before going to Heimdall, you can go around to other places and wrap up unfinished buisness. If you go to Ymir, there's an event with Rean's parents and afterwards, the shrine where that boss can be fought opens up. Said boss was pretty tough for me, even with some NG+ bonuses.

Ah, I see.
Sadly, the ending soured me on CS2 (and CS as a whole) quite a bit so I have yet to play any NG+-related stuff. Maybe I will in the future.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of NG+, i kinda don't like how it works in both the Crossbell and Cold Steel games. Unlike the Sky games where you can choose what you want and leave out what you don't want, the Crossbell and Cold Steel games does the same except it only lets you carry over stuff if you have enough points for it. So the more NG+ bonuses you want, the more times you have to play the games.

Yeah, that's kind of dumb, I agree.
The Tales series kind of has something similar with its Grade system, where you need to spend Grade to get bonuses like increased item storage (default is 30 for all usable items, you can put it up to 99 with Grade), increased starting HP or increased EXP gain, but getting said Grade is easy as hell, as you always get some after each battle.
The points in CS you only earn after finishing the game IIRC, and if memory serves, you need to play CS1 no less than 15 times to carry everything over.

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yup. Thankfully, i didn't have to replay the game or something (the horror lol), since i just got a NG+ file from the start for bonding (and didn't let anything carry over except bonding points, so i can view all bondings)

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sadly, the ending soured me on CS2 (and CS as a whole) quite a bit so I have yet to play any NG+-related stuff. Maybe I will in the future.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Understandable. I am hoping Crossbell restores my Kiseki hype again after CS buried it in a grave far away.

Edited by Shrimperor

Understandable. I am hoping Crossbell restores my Kiseki hype again after CS buried it in a grave far away.

I hope they translate/remaster these soon. I kind of liked what I saw of Crossbell in CS2.

---

X4VfiKd.jpg

Which would you pick?
The day this actually happens is the day I get back into Pokémon.