The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i've been hearing that too. I won't get into spoilers but from what i hear, Atlus was too lazy to remake the cutscenes to include Kasumi so she basically just doesn't exist in the plot. She's just there. I've never played a Persona game but i'm pretty sure this is not how it went with the "enhanced" versions of other Persona games (such as P4 Golden).

It reminds me of this article (an opinion piece admittedly) I read about Catherine: Full Body edition. Another Atlus enhanced version with a similar aesthetic, but its a puzzler-platformer about romantic/sexual relationships rather than an RPG. Atlus couldn't figure out how to "naturally" blend in the new content? Unless you rewrite the entire plot, that is never going to be perfectly done. Yet Atlus has been better with this before.

Whats the problem with Death Stranding? I've seen headlines about the game for months, and I know its Kojima project, but whats the problem with it? What aren't the 8-9/10 reviews saying?

Thinking on 3H, the DLC sauna might interest me. Provided the sauna is only a sauna on the surface of things...

Spoiler

The sauna would be appear to just be a means to bond and see people undressed, and it indeed lets you do those things. You can invite multiple people into the sauna at once and throw a sweat celebration! The more people you invite into the sauna, the more they'll ask you raise the temperature. But if you raise the temperature too much, the faculty will chastise you for doing so as making it dangerous hot. Nonetheless, if you're friends with the faculty, they'll let it slide. 

Eventually however, the earth will begin to violently shake, and Rhea will come storming in furious at you. If she likes you enough however, she'll decide that it is time and let you continue with what you were doing, while leaving the sauna herself. This MUST be done prior to Chapter 11's battle.

As you finish your throwing of extraordinary amounts of fuelwood (you'll have to grind in the monastery for it) into the sauna's burner, the ground tremors will grow to the point that it becomes nearly impossible to stand. But then, it shall all cease, all will become still again, and then a new tilting instability will emerge, only to be soon stabilized. A generic NPC will then arrive and tell you to dress and see Rhea, she beckons you.

You will automatically be whisked to the second floor, where you'll find a new pedestal in the central room. Rhea will then wave her hand an illusion shall appear, projecting the exterior of the monastery and what lay beyond it- sky in all directions, ground far below. As many students have bewilderingly seen firsthand, Garreg Mach is now flying! It's the SAUNA- Stronghold Ascension Utility Neolithic Activator.

As it turns out, the sauna rested over the shallowest, most sensitive part of the school's bedrock into which the tombs beneath were carved and rest atop. This is no ordinary bedrock, it is levistone, which when heated to a very high temperature, becomes lighter than air. Thus, the monastery returns to its ancient days when it was a floating fortress, a history Rhea had hidden, as she had the controls to manipulate the fortress via magic thermo-regulator probes planted under the floors and into the bedrock. By selectively heating and cooling parts of the bedrock, in conjunction with magic wind currents, one enables horizontal movement of the great building. Crests can help, but are not necessary for flight controls. 

Achieving sauna-powered flight rewrites the remaining chapters of 3H. Rhea instructs the staff to adjust to managing the flying monastery, for they reside in "great times", she believes its wings are needed once again. Not until the times cease will this land for more than brief durations again. Needing to combat the flying fortress, all routes are rewritten so the other forces, knowing the truth of GM, look for myths of similar structures in their homelands, and they indeed discover them, leading to floating fortress vs. floating fortress battles. 

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

EIaCNL1X0AABlgp?format=jpg&name=small

We Rune Factory now.

No, i'm not going going insane over the fact that Rune Factory 4 Special is taking so long to come out, what do you mean?

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whats the problem with Death Stranding? I've seen headlines about the game for months, and I know its Kojima project, but whats the problem with it? What aren't the 8-9/10 reviews saying?

The reviews, some of them anyway, are basically along the lines of "the gameplay is so sluggish and boring and the story's weird but after 30 hours, you realize the game is a masterpiece" and it's hilarious because of how contradictory the reviews are. Like, just take a look at these

EIYAwkuWkAA3x-m?format=jpg&name=360x360

EIYAxPOWwAA1mta?format=jpg&name=900x900

These are not the things you'd expect from a positive review. I think it's because it's a Kojima game that it's scoring so high. As a friend of mine put it

Screenshot_1810.png

The gameplay being ass is why i wouldn't consider Death Stranding to be a good game. Maybe it has a good story but if the gameplay is so boring, just like......make a movie instead? I mean you already got really high-profile actors, Kojima. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

These are not the things you'd expect from a positive review. I think it's because it's a Kojima game that it's scoring so high. As a friend of mine put it

I see. 🧐 The same way any Pokemon/Mario/Zelda/Final Fantasy is destined to get high scores, only spinoffs of these or rereleases of old games can get bad reviews. -Not to say all the "great" titles are unworthy of praise.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We Rune Factory now.

No, i'm not going going insane over the fact that Rune Factory 4 Special is taking so long to come out, what do you mean?

Anything particularly zany you can grow? Things aren't real-world plants. I dunno, a bomb tree? Or perhaps, since you said they're a franchise-running joke, full-sized barrels that look like plants in no way whatsoever, and when cut into, reveal seeds that are all mini barrels?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The gameplay being ass is why i wouldn't consider Death Stranding to be a good game. Maybe it has a good story but if the gameplay is so boring, just like......make a movie instead? I mean you already got really high-profile actors, Kojima. 

The irony is that Kojima once said, despite the auteur reputation he has with a love for cinematics, that video games aren't art.

I very clearly remember a Nintendo Power interview where he defined art as being "The artist's viewpoint (or some other word) to the point of obscurity".

Meaning, interactivity interferes with the ability of the artist's viewpoint to perfectly endure, and video games must be interactive. Therefore, video games aren't art. A video game with no interactivity would be like "a chair that refuses sitting", it could exist, but is a chair that you can't sit in really a chair? Is a video game you can't interact with really a video game?

How then does he continue in his profession, and why does he continue it in such a direction? Don't ask me, I haven't a clue whats going on in his head.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"the gameplay is so sluggish and boring and the story's weird but after 30 hours, you realize the game is a masterpiece"

...30 hours or sluggish boring gameplay and weird Story...?
Oh boy, alot of people who aren'T Kojima fans are gonna drop this so early.
I am not gonna even give it a try after reading alot of this xD

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anything particularly zany you can grow? Things aren't real-world plants. I dunno, a bomb tree? Or perhaps, since you said they're a franchise-running joke, full-sized barrels that look like plants in no way whatsoever, and when cut into, reveal seeds that are all mini barrels?

I mean, i just unlocked it so i don't really know but there's already a few weird things you can synthesize in Atelier games so i wouldn't be surprised if i could grow something strange. This is, after all, this is the same franchise where a girl likes curry so much, she uses alchemy to make curry with a Philospher's Stone in it.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How then does he continue in his profession, and why does he continue it in such a direction? Don't ask me, I haven't a clue whats going on in his head.

I don't think anyone does.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh boy, alot of people who aren'T Kojima fans are gonna drop this so early.

Yeah, it's definitly one of those games where Kojima fans will play it and probably will enjoy it too but everyone else will just be like "what".

A friend of mine wants to get the game just to see which side of the fence he ends up on.

Considering curry when left to rest overnight is supposed to taste better (I've never had it myself), it containing a Philosopher's Stone isn't entirely infeasible. The Philosopher's Stone is from what I'm aware supposed to be made through transmutations, gradual changes over time.

----

Belated, but this looks weird, and cheap.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Mwa-ha-ha-ha. I shall reign supreme!

How long until the Dynasty Warriors victory quotes get old?

---

Due to not being able to play much yesterday, I only got around to continuing Atelier Ryza today. The new synthesis system is pretty good, actually, even if I don't have a grasp on it in its entirety. Also, you can gather tons and tons of materials in your hometown, which is amazing. I spent the past thirty minutes of gameplay being like "gather ALL the things!"
Another great thing is that if you do gather in your hometown, you don't have to worry about inventory space, because the stuff goes straight to your storage at home. Nice!
For now, all that's missing is a tangible plot. So far, there hasn't exactly been much in terms of one. Ryza became an alchemist and met some people and she wants to leave her island and go on an adventure. That's pretty much it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The real strat is being a mod, posting on this thread and then locking it. Then you really win.

That's no strat, that's straight up cheating.

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The new synthesis system is pretty good, actually, even if I don't have a grasp on it in its entirety.

What i love about the new synthesis system is that you unlock new recipes by modifying old ones. A nice change a pace and feels like a more authentic progression of alchemy than simply buying the recipes from the store (though there are some recipe books).

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

For now, all that's missing is a tangible plot. So far, there hasn't exactly been much in terms of one.

Yeah, it takes a bit. The plot doesn't really start to show itself until after Klaudia joins the party.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's no strat, that's straight up cheating.

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Naptunia Kart is serious business

Now we just need Neptunia Party for some true chaos.

Bold: Naptunia is the spin-off where Neptune takes a nap and the game takes place in a dream.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What i love about the new synthesis system is that you unlock new recipes by modifying old ones. A nice change a pace and feels like a more authentic progression of alchemy than simply buying the recipes from the store (though there are some recipe books).

Oh yeah, I love that, too.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bold: Naptunia is the spin-off where Neptune takes a nap and the game takes place in a dream.

She did think the Zero Dimension was a dream at first, now that I think about it.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

OOF that typo xD

It did create the idea for a new Nep game, so... I'd say it was worth it.

While we are on the subject of Nep-Nep, here's how the anime handled the whole Lonely Heart Noire joke:
Nep says that Noire doesn't have any friends and that is why she buries herself in her work. Noire, instead of telling Neptune off for the insult, says this:
"I do have a friend!".
Lol

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A game set in a dream wouldn't be bad- with the twist the person realized they were in a dream. Provided the dream was purely caused by their subconscious. Whilst I wouldn't give them full control over the world's contents obviously, the gameplay ability to radically alter the world because it's only a dream and the dreamer learns this, wouldn't be a bad idea.

The English dub of JoJo Part 5 changed Gang-Star to Primo Mafioso. Viz Media, why must you hurt me in this way?

(Nothing against Viz Media, their dubs are actually good but c'mon).