• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Facing a huge dilema right now.

I'm absolutely loving most new pokemon from S/S. Like, it's my favorite new pokemon roster in a LONG time. On the other hand, everything else about the game seems so scummy

ugh, i don't think i'll be able to boycott it

Edited by Nobody

Your boycott will have no financial impact on GF, even if others do the same. Since sales are guaranteed, you'll have no impact on them changing their course, they wouldn't even be able to tell if you specifically bought the game. Therefore, the boycott is merely a matter of your conscience.

The only way IS can change is voluntarily out of altruism towards their hardcore fans' wishes. They are financially invincible, Pokemon has the name recognition and established trust to always sell millions. For Game Freak to slow their game development and expand their workforce to match what is required for satisfactorily operating the goliath called Pokemon, the change must come from within, and no amount of fan protest can mandatorily force that. GF can go the direction of EA and quit worrying and love their bad practices, or, GF can meet fan expectations. 

Perhaps Sakurai of Smash Bros. should be put in charge of Pokemon, he did walk back Brawl's mechanical anti-competitiveness with 4 and Ultimate. And, Sakurai refused to let anyone be cut from Smash Ultimate's roster. These things, despite Smash being financially invincible.The only problem is Sakurai will become a Ghost type if Pokemon was added to his duties. We need a SakuraiTwo then.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

49 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm absolutely loving most new pokemon from S/S. Like, it's my favorite new pokemon roster in a LONG time. On the other hand, everything else about the game seems so scummy

maybe wait a few weeks and buy it used?

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

>game freak still has him by the pokeballs

then again I've been dedicating most of my time to playing a world of warcraft version from 15 years ago that was re-released so i guess i can't really talk

Edited by Tryhard

21 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Care to elaborate?

You only have to look it up, but I'll tell you anyway:

In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you can share a "Dream Version" of your town with other people. This has led to a few people building spoopy towns and sharing them. One example is the infamous Aika Village.

In Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, you're allowed to use any type of furniture anywhere to customise your camp, and villagers will always spawn there to interact with the furnitire. This has led to people building "prison camps" and cults.

15 hours ago, Strullemia said:

For the Lysithea fans here

Normally not that into shipping but I just gotta show this one, it's just soooo cute.

As if I didn't find it hard enough to have Byleth S-support anyone but her already...
Thanks for sharing! This is absolutely adorable.

---

I had a look at the new Pokémon yesterday. For diplomacy's sake, I'm just gonna say this: I'll save money.

Edited by DragonFlames

14 hours ago, Nobody said:

13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Do this.

In the off chance that the game does do something good on some aspect that entices me I'll also buy it used but no way I'll support GF. 

I just finished 3H for the first time!

The final battle was unfortunately too easy on Hard Classic GD. The only issue was that statue of a statstick called the final boss and its 107 HP, 52 Def, 30 AS, 70+ Atk, Counterattack, lots and lots of Avoid, and 50% HP regen. Tearing it down was the only major "challenge" of the entire map, one which you can do comfortably after everything else. The long-range enemies I was able to destroy with a minor amount of calculated risk.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 11/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, Shrimperor said:

Hmm, that's actually a good solution.

23 hours ago, Tryhard said:

>game freak still has him by the pokeballs

i fear i'm a shill haha

it's kind of hard to stop playing new pokemon games when i've been getting them since i was 5

Well guys, it was fun while it lasted but there will be no more games after Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympic Games. It is the last game. Gaming is cancelled after this.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The final battle was unfortunately too easy on Hard Classic GD.

Am i just bad? Because that battle gave me way too much trouble and i'm specifically refering to the final boss (the map itself is still ass but whatever, there's been worse). Even after the barrier is taken down, the final boss is just way too strong. I beat it with a Sublime Ruptured Heaven -> Luna but this only worked because i got a crit with the former. In other words, it was actually luck that allowed me to even win.

...And yet everyone's saying that the final battle was easy, even on Hard. What the fuck?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

so decided to take a look at regretera (a mistake i know) and 

NsSFiAG.png

exactly why GF will get away with it.

Casuals probably don'T even know about the whole thing

The scariest thing here is that Resetera is actually wanting to buy a game.

Mai Shiranui too lewd for Smash. RIP the Nep dream

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

ikr? So if reactionary dudes like them who REEEEEEE at everything are ok with one of the more controversial gaming decisions, i don't think many people will mind, either.

Pokemon will never evolve

Edited by Shrimperor

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed it is.

Meanwhile, I have seen some comments from people who decided to buy the Digimon Cyber Sleuth bundle instead. Oh, how the times change.
Though it isn't surprising considering the Cyber Sleuth games absolutely blow every Pokémon game out of the water in nearly every aspect.

---

@ArmagonHow's Atelier Ryza going for you?
I was experimenting with synthesis a bit recently and unlocked some recipes. The Ice Bomb looks hilarious; it's just an ice cube with a wick. I do prefer the snowman from Arland, though.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

RIP the Nep dream

*sheds tears*

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Pokemon will never evolve

Oh, the fothermucking irony!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Mai Shiranui too lewd for Smash. RIP the Nep dream

Sakurai did it so that people wouldn't fail No Nut November.

Also

EIsR2syXsAMmN2h?format=jpg&name=small

Everyone who says "who?" at each new character reveal is now in shambles.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ikr? So if a reactionary dudes like them who REEEEEEE at everything are ok with one of the more controversial gaming decision, i don't think many people will mind, either.

Well Resetera is a subterrenean goblin cave so they don't get to have opinions. That said, it is true that many people will buy the games regardless of Dexit. There are two in that category

1. People who just don't give a shit about transfering (even before Dexit)
  2. Newcomers who don't have anything to transfer

I think most of the competitive scene is either on the fence or won't be buying the game because Dexit affects them the most but the competitive scene is tiny compared to the casual scene and the bigger mistake was playing competitive Pokemon anyway.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How's Atelier Ryza going for you?

It's pretty good. I've made quite a bit of progress. I think i might be near the end of the main story but i'm not too sure. The game's really enjoyable though i think my biggest issue is that there aren't that many character events. There's definitly enough but i think Atelier Lulua was better in the character events department so i think Atelier Lulua might still be my favorite Atelier game. Atelier Ryza is definitly at least a very close second.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well Resetera is a subterrenean goblin cave so they don't get to have opinions. That said, it is true that many people will buy the games regardless of Dexit. There are two in that category

1. People who just don't give a shit about transfering (even before Dexit)
  2. Newcomers who don't have anything to transfer

I think most of the competitive scene is either on the fence or won't be buying the game because Dexit affects them the most but the competitive scene is tiny compared to the casual scene and the bigger mistake was playing competitive Pokemon anyway.

Shots fired!

Honestly, I was in the first category you mentioned. The only time I really messed around with transferring stuff was when I needed some unobtainable Pokémon to fill the 'dex (legendaries and starters, mostly) in the newer games.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's pretty good. I've made quite a bit of progress. I think i might be near the end of the main story but i'm not too sure. The game's really enjoyable though i think my biggest issue is that there aren't that many character events. There's definitly enough but i think Atelier Lulua was better in the character events department so i think Atelier Lulua might still be my favorite Atelier game. Atelier Ryza is definitly at least a very close second.

That sounds good!
There don't seem to be as many playable characters in general. Beyond the three that the game gives you at the start, I've only seen one who might also join the party (which you already confirmed for me).
For my part, I haven't gotten too far, because I'm busy with uni (not that one) stuff at the moment, so I can't play too much. I just can't get over how gorgeous the environments are and how peaceful the music is.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sakurai did it so that people wouldn't fail No Nut November.

That is assuming that people didn't fail that already. Which is a bold assumption to make.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

so decided to take a look at regretera (a mistake i know) and 

NsSFiAG.png

exactly why GF will get away with it.

Casuals probably don'T even know about the whole thing

For all of their outrage they never have the guts to actually go through with it. 

Don't spout about how outraged you are that a developer racist/homophobic/vile etc. and then buy their game. At the very least buy it used if it is a niche game.