• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think whenever I put a song here that they should be in English considering the site...

Nah, I'll continue posting Spanish ones...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Beaten Torna.

I had with that final boss more effort than in the regular game.

Anyways perfect timing because this weekend will be the BIG change in my flat.

Will do a little shopping tour today: sofa, bed, new desk and much more

Buying will be fun (even if expensive), but carrying furniture down / up to second floor will NOT...

Still it is overdue, I finally want to live in an "ordinary" flat.

2fStl0C.jpg
I never thought seeing an image of my favorite videogame character with my favorite lord of my favorite videogame. 

Now that we have DK I'm planning to replay CF and make as many units possible Vantage/Wrath units.

Also going recruit crazy. Felix, Mercedes, Anette, Lysithea get over here. Edelgard, Byleth, Hubert, Dorothea + 2 DLC units will be the rest.

3 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

Hey Nobody did you know that 

Reveal hidden contents

guys can fuck Jeritza

Yeah, i saw it haha

almost makes me want to replay the game again, but i just beat BE maddening last weekend and don't feel like doing it again anytime soon.

Not gonna lie, Three Houses DLC has been extremely underwhelming so far, which is pretty bad given that we're three waves in out of four. Pretty much everything they've released so far is stuff that should've been in the base game. Anna doesn't have a single Support. I'm honestly not having much hope for Wave 4. And in the event that Wave 4 actually is good, 3H DLC is one of those all-or-nothing deals. You can't buy content individually. 

I'd honestly argue Three Houses has the weakest DLC lineup out of all the big Nintendo Switch titles. Let's compare.

• Breath of the Wild: Breath of the Wild had two waves, the Challenge Trials and Champion's Ballad. The former is what you'd expect and the latter was fake news since it was advertized as story DLC but was actually just more flashbacks. However, the gameplay part of Champion's Ballad was somewhat interesting.
  • Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion was basically a unique single player campaign, which was much needed after the base game's single player campaign was basically just Splatoon 1 but again.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Still one of the best examples of DLC done right. At first, it was just normal stuff. You know, more items and the like. But Waves 2 and 3 added new quests, new Blades, a new challenge mode where you can recruit Shulk, Fiora and Elma. And Wave 4 was Torna ~ The Golden Country which is actually just a new game.
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: It's Smash. Hero is still the most fun fighting game character.
  • Three Houses: A bunch of stuff that should've been in the game to begin with.

If i'd had to rank them by quality: Xenoblade 2 DLC > Smash DLC > Octo Expansion > Breath of the Wild DLC >>>>> Three Houses DLC.

Edited by Armagon

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not gonna lie, Three Houses DLC has been extremely underwhelming so far, which is pretty bad given that we're three waves in out of four. Pretty much everything they've released so far is stuff that should've been in the base game. Anna doesn't have a single Support. I'm honestly not having much hope for Wave 4. And in the event that Wave 4 actually is good, 3H DLC is one of those all-or-nothing deals. You can't buy content individually. 

I'd honestly argue Three Houses has the weakest DLC lineup out of all the big Nintendo Switch titles. Let's compare.

• Breath of the Wild: Breath of the Wild had two waves, the Challenge Trials and Champion's Ballad. The former is what you'd expect and the latter was fake news since it was advertized as story DLC but was actually just more flashbacks. However, the gameplay part of Champion's Ballad was somewhat interesting.
  • Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion was basically a unique single player campaign, which was much needed after the base game's single player campaign was basically just Splatoon 1 but again.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Still one of the best examples of DLC done right. At first, it was just normal stuff. You know, more items and the like. But Waves 2 and 3 added new quests, new Blades, a new challenge mode where you can recruit Shulk, Fiora and Elma. And Wave 4 was Torna ~ The Golden Country which is actually just a new game.
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: It's Smash. Hero is still the most fun fighting game character.
  • Three Houses: A bunch of stuff that should've been in the game to begin with.

If i'd had to rank them by quality: Xenoblade 2 DLC > Smash DLC > Octo Expansion > Breath of the Wild DLC >>>>> Three Houses DLC.

It's interesting how the overall "quality" of the DLC has gone down with each title. Awakening's was okay (the bonus maps with the older characters were fun and Future Past was great) in that it all felt like true bonus content that you could buy if you wanted some more out of the game, if a tad overpriced, Fates was like "we're AAA now!", hiding crucial plot elements behind a DLC paywall, Echoes took it up a little bit from Fates by making its DLC truly bonus stuff once again, but overpriced it like hell, and Three Houses', like you said, should have been in the base game to begin with. At least we're getting Jeritza for free, so that's okay, I guess.
Oof.

---

Anyway, I'm 10 hours into Atelier Ryza now and only now is a semblance of plot showing. Which then promptly gets buried under some menial tasks like fixing a leak.
I could be wrong here, but I feel like the other Atelier games got to the point much, much faster. I would be fine with menial tasks if that was the point (like in Rorona), but Ryza teases this great mystery underneath it all in its own flippin' subtitle and I just wish I could get to unearthing that mystery soon. The payoff better be worth it.

I never ever bought DLCs aside of characters Smash, oh yeah, and Torna since people consider it as one (I consider it as a game). 

DLCs are not worth the extra costs imo. 

That said I do not really care for any DLCs in Three Houses since this game felt complete to me. Only staff /  mage fliers would have been nice. I do not know if they were added. I am done with this game for now, so whatever. 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Yeah, i saw it haha

almost makes me want to replay the game again, but i just beat BE maddening last weekend and don't feel like doing it again anytime soon.

I actually think Maddening is an easier yet more pleasant experience than Conquest Hard

On 11/7/2019 at 9:13 AM, Shrimperor said:

Sad Nepu makes me sad 😕

She must be extraordinarily happy all the time for you to find that to be quite sad. Though I do see the small frown.

The lighting and such makes it look like she staring at person who, she doesn't know exactly what they'll do to her, but it totally definitively might be torture, it might be murder. And she's at their mercy. We're left from this perspective however of not knowing who will do the grisly act, it's a mystery to haunt us. -Until the crime is solved in Whodunnitdimension Neptunia.

----

Finally decided to get back to Persona 2: Innocent Sin, all I had left was the final dungeon. It wasn't bad, I just had never gotten to it, and I wanted to.

The final boss is a little odd:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20090904095445

Hi Dads!

Since I never thought I'd play the game, I spoiled myself on how it all ends a long time ago. But the ride was still very enjoyable, with not everything known to me. I'll have to get to Persona 2: Eternal Punishment later, but not for a few days at least.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She must be extraordinarily happy all the time for you to find that to be quite sad.

*conquest intensifies*

She isn't happy all the time, but quite often she is xD
Also, this is one of the scenes i will never forget
20190210210528_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The lighting and such makes it look like she staring at person who, she doesn't know exactly what they'll do to her, but it totally definitively might be torture, it might be murder. And she's at their mercy.

For me she looks like she is thinking about her life and/or regretting something. Infact, thanks to that picture i wrote that snip lmao

Spoiler

I can't sleep. I keep thinking about my life.

It's all useless. Everything is useless. We can't change anything.

We aren't real. We are just fictional characters in the hands of those behind the screen.

Shares? With a few clicks those behind the screen can make a Nation rise or fall.

Work? Doesn't change anything.

But if i try to tell anyone, they won't believe me.

The only one who came close to believing me was my dear sister, as she also has experience with the '4th Wall', but she isn't quite there yet.

It's all useless. We are just fiction to entertain people.

That's why working is useless, and share collection is useless. Why should i work my ass off when it can all be done or erased by someone in a span of minutes? When it all depends on which character they favour, or on which ending they want to get?

Why can't we... decide our own fate?

Is it too much to ask for my sister, my friends and the citizens of my nation to have their own free will, without the control of those beyond the screen?

And why do i know all that to begin with? Am i being controlled to know all of that, or was i able to escape their control? And if it's latter, then how did i do it? And can i make everyone get out of their control?

i seriously should work on rl stuff instead.

Also, what person can stop Neptune xD

She can literally cut through dimensions haha

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Echoes took it up a little bit from Fates by making its DLC truly bonus stuff once again, but overpriced it like hell,

The thing with Echoes was that only the Season Pass was overpriced. However, you could still buy the stuff individually (which is what i did, while i never bought Rise of Delivernce, i did buy Cipher). You could do the same thing in Awakening and Fates so regardless of the DLC quality, you could just pick what you wanted. With Three Houses, it's all or nothing. Which is why i'm wary. Even if Wave 4 is actually good, i don't want to buy a $25 Season Pass when i'm only going to enjoy 10% of it.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ryza teases this great mystery underneath it all in its own flippin' subtitle and I just wish I could get to unearthing that mystery soon. The payoff better be worth it.

You're actually pretty close to when the plot actually begins to kick in. It is still a slow burn at first but after that, it really hits. 

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

For me she looks like she is thinking about her life and/or regretting something. Infact, thanks to that picture i wrote that snip lmao

Funny, get existentially serious at the same time. I like it.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, what person can stop Neptune xD

She can literally cut through dimensions haha

...And that's why the murder-mystery game would reveal that there was in fact, no murder. Neptune staged the entire thing, why? I'll leave the reasons up to you to invent figure out. And to you shall be left the determining whether anyone involved in the murder investigation was planted by Nep to spread drama, doubt, and suspense. Or if she was in fact in disguise as one of those investigators/suspects.

-----

And now it's dawning on me that if I'm going to play Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, that despite this being a direct sequel to Innocent Sin, I'll be playing something of a downgrade in terms of presentation, quality-of-life, a little content, and most annoying- translation.

This can be attributed to Eternal Punishment PSP version not being brought out of Japan, while the PS1 version was. That is the opposite of Innocent Sin, where the PS1 version was never released aboard (a Nazi problem?), while the PSP version was. 

But, now I'm divided. Do I hold off on EP until months or years from now a PSP fan translation is finished? Or do I go ahead with the one version available? Should I go back to the first Persona game ever until then? But I would like to finish the P2 story.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..And that's why the murder-mystery game would reveal that there was in fact, no murder. Neptune staged the entire thing, why? I'll leave the reasons up to you to invent figure out. And to you shall be left the determining whether anyone involved in the murder investigation was planted by Nep to spread drama, doubt, and suspense. Or if she was in fact in disguise as one of those investigators/suspects.

Detective Nep and the mystery of share collection

And there ends my night..........at 2 AM.

I went overexhausted to bed at 6 PM, yeah I am not gonna lie. The flat organization stressed me out and gave me so strong headaches yesterday that I just wanted to end this day. Still I have tons of furniture in my room but not set up yet. The chaos still remains. Next Friday workmates will set them up. 

I am literally burnt out right now.