The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I am feeling mentally sick right now. 

My sleep schedule is already broken.

Work has kept me extremly busy lately and my flat is just a chaos right now. And then there are dates (visiting relatives, meeting ex school mates) which also take my free time of weekends. 

I really should kept what I said a couple of weeks ago and stay out from here to recover myself. Sharing my private issues and whining will not bring me to anywhere. 

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it is the case, I do not think it is the ultimate solution to feel myself better. I just should come over it by saving as much physical and psychical power as possible. Little things irritate me easily. Better times will come for me for sure. But for now I think I should take a little breather from the forum to come back with more enthusiasm. 

Edited by Lysithea

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

The thing with Echoes was that only the Season Pass was overpriced. However, you could still buy the stuff individually (which is what i did, while i never bought Rise of Delivernce, i did buy Cipher). You could do the same thing in Awakening and Fates so regardless of the DLC quality, you could just pick what you wanted. With Three Houses, it's all or nothing. Which is why i'm wary. Even if Wave 4 is actually good, i don't want to buy a $25 Season Pass when i'm only going to enjoy 10% of it.

Oh yeah, I forgot you could get everything separately in past games. And now that you're bringing them up, I realize I miss the Cipher characters. They were amazing, really.
Unsurprisingly, I haven't gotten the Season Pass for Three Houses yet, either. And so far, like you, nothing in there has made me even slightly consider buying it.

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

*conquest intensifies*

Even then, she smiled when she asked Nepgear to kill her. That scene hit me right where it hurts. Holy s***.

She isn't happy all the time, but quite often she is xD
Also, this is one of the scenes i will never forget
20190210210528_1.jpg

Happy Nep is best Nep.

Also, what person can stop Neptune xD

She can literally cut through dimensions haha

And concepts. Talk about Up to Eleven.
So much so that even Vert's (Next Green's, actually) Gate of Babylon on steroids almost pales in comparison.

1 hour ago, Lysithea said:

But for now I think I should take a little breather from the forum to come back with more enthusiasm. 

Good luck with all that you have to do!

I agree yeah, organizing new home stuff is one of the most tiring, exhausting and annoying things one can do. Thankfully, usually one has to do it only once every few years.

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even then, she smiled when she asked Nepgear to kill her. That scene hit me right where it hurts. Holy s***.

『Neptune 』 has left.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So much so that even Vert's (Next Green's, actually) Gate of Babylon on steroids almost pales in comparison.

there's a reason why in every inter-CPU fight they all team up against her xD

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Even if it is the case, I do not think it is the ultimate solution to feel myself better. I just should come over it by saving as much physical and psychical power as possible. Little things irritate me easily. Better times will come for me for sure. But for now I think I should take a little breather from the forum to come back with more enthusiasm. 

Get well soon!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
『Neptune 』 has left.

Still makes me tear up.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

there's a reason why in every inter-CPU fight they all team up against her xD

Yup.
I mean, she is the protagonist (of protagonists), so it only makes sense, right?

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon!

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:
Good luck with all that you have to do!

I agree yeah, organizing new home stuff is one of the most tiring, exhausting and annoying things one can do. Thankfully, usually one has to do it only once every few years.

Thank you!

Next friday most of it should be settled, hopefully.

It is the first time I will actually work on my flat because I have the money now to extend my comfort. So far I have lived with the absolute minimum. No messy flat, but there is like nothing for quests (no dining table, not even a seat). I want to change it because I would like to invite workmates or other people to make gaming evenings since I know some of my workmates are videogaming. Otherwise they would have not come up with Mario Kart as carnival theme.

I think in about a month I should have overcome the hardest part of the year and can take a breath.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The one thing that makes sense in Neptunia xD

To be fair, behind all the parodies, jokes and meta humor, the plots are very consistent and never stray too much from the logic of the world (and if they do, it's usually just for comedic effect). That's one thing I absolutely love about the games I've played so far. It's not just funny, the stories are good to great for the most part (I wouldn't have named Megadimension Neptunia VII as my current favorite game if that wasn't the case).

6 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Thank you!

Next friday most of it should be settled, hopefully.

It is the first time I will actually work on my flat because I have the money now to extend my comfort. So far I have lived with the absolute minimum. No messy flat, but there is like nothing for quests (no dining table, not even a seat). I want to change it because I would like to invite workmates or other people to make gaming evenings since I know some of my workmates are videogaming. Otherwise they would have not come up with Mario Kart as carnival theme.

I think in about a month I should have overcome the hardest part of the year and can take a breath.

Sounds great! Make sure you get a good rest once everything is over! I know how it feels to be burnt out completely. It's no laughing matter.

---

As for me, I take back every bad thing I said about Atelier Ryza, because I realized my complaints (that the menial tasks didn't serve any purpose) were completely, utterly unfounded. Also, @Armagon wasn't kidding: the plot got going and holy crap, we went from 0 to 100 crazy fast. I mean...
SrJTYOT.jpg
... this is something I'd normally expect at the end of a final dungeon, not the first major one! Also the game pulled a Shining Resonance Refrain on me. Because the first actual boss you fight?

A freaking DRAGON.

Holy hell, Atelier. You did it again. You had my curiosity for ten hours, now you have my nearly undivided attention.

As a little bonus, here's something that I found absolutely hilarious during a sidequest that asks you to make something to lure out bugs for some journalist person:
ZgldsRu.jpg

A certain German saying is: Erst die Arbeit, dann das Vergnügen.

It is for a reason a true saying in my case.

Also ordered tickets for Dokomi festival next year.

I want to cosplay Estelle Bright, it would be the only opportunity there.

However Idk if I will go to it since it might come into conflict with my planned US trip regarding time.

Edited by Lysithea

3 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Actually I am not one of those who does things in the very last second.

Me either, usually. I just like the saying. I do tend to procrastinate somewhat sometimes, but that's usually only when I'm sick or otherwise occupied. Even then, I usually try to get my work done, because the earlier I get it done, the earlier I can do whatever the heck I please.

And on that note: I just finished one of my two presentations I needed to do (it's a lecture on how the German language was influenced by other languages in the past and which words actually have their origins elsewhere. I laugh at every language purist now). One down, one to go!

I have to admit I wanted to have set up my flat at the end of September, but illness ruined all my plans. Had to cancel everything. 

As for studies good planing is the way to success! 

The presentation sounds interesting. 

One thing I have notunderstood yet is why JRPGs ruin so many words from the Nordic / German language? I mean some weapons are obvious from the Nibelungenlied or etc., but seeing German numbers to twelve and Meisterschwert always confused me.  

Edited by Lysithea

Ruin? As in, mistranslate?

It's due to language structures. The Japanese language and character script structure means it can't properly display right the words from other languages. Then when you get to localization, it also doesn't help that whoever is in charge might fail to realize what the word actually is, so it doesn't translate right, either.

28 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I have to admit I wanted to have set up my flat at the end of September, but illness ruined all my plans. Had to cancel everything.

Illness sucks like that, yeah. My studies have lengthened by an entire year due to crap like that.

As for studies good planing is the way to success! 

The presentation sounds interesting.

Thanks!
And yes, I agree.

One thing I have notunderstood yet is why JRPGs ruin so many words from the Nordic / German language? I mean some weapons are obvious from the Nibelungenlied or etc., but seeing German numbers to twelve and Meisterschwert always confused me.  

I suspect the Japanese either A) know their own mythology and landscapes well enough that it ceases to be "fantasy" to them (which is why most of their fantasy games are usually medieval Europe in setting) or B) they just thought the names sound cool when pronounced in Japanese. Rule of Cool is a factor in many things, after all.

Which brings me to the name of the main town in Atelier Ryza, which is called "Rasenboden". I had a bit of a chuckle when I read that, because for all the non-German speakers, this probably sounds like a pretty exotic, fantasy-esque name, when in reality, it just translates to "lawn ground" or if the "Rasen" is used as a verb, it would be "dash ground" or "speed ground" (when we're talking about cars), all of which... don't exactly make sense as far as place names go, do they? XD

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

stray too much from the logic of the world

Tbf, with op Characters like that, it's very hard for anything to feel like an asspull or something. I mean, shares are basically power of friendship when CPUs believe in each other XD

4 hours ago, Lysithea said:

A certain German saying is: Erst die Arbeit, dann das Vergnügen.

I used to be like that before my illness, kinda. 

I used to cram exam in a few days so i can have a long ass summer vacation without any exams at the end of it. Many people just moved exams to October, i was like ''nah, i am doing 4 exams this week,  2 after, then 2.5 Months completely freeeeeeeeeeeee!!'' xD

Now...

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My personal favorite is: Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe stets auf Morgen. XD

me after the illness xD.
I just can't be my old self again 😕

Also, i now am 100% sure you're a student 😛 xD

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

One down, one to go!

Good luck good luck 😄

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Rule of Cool is a factor in many things, after all.

this xD

33 minutes ago, Pull My Devil Trigger said:

nada a dizer sobre seu idolo lula

Não ligo de um jeito ou de outro, de verdade. O presidente é o Bolsonaro, eu tenho coisa a mais a me preocupar. É o fundo do poço mas prefiro o Lula presidente mesmo do que ele reeleito. Apesar de que a soltura dele não tem nada a ver com isso, já que quem tá condenado em segunda instância ainda é inelegível. Mas no fundo do fundo, acho contra intuitivo reclamar do Lula com o Bolsonaro aí.

E no fim das contas, o Lula nem foi um presidente ruim, o primeiro mandato foi bom e o segundo razoável. Não gosto da personalidade dele (na verdade detesto), mas ele só se radicalizou depois de sair da presidência pq achou mais oportuno politicamente, mas provavelmente voltaria a ser conciliatório se eleito. Ladrão por ladrão, todo dia eu sonho com o Temer presidente de novo. Única coisa que me incomodou foi ele espumando contra a globo que ataca Bolsonaro o tempo todo, mas fazer o quê, o que é discursinho anti-mídia (que eu detesto) comparado com gente que defende a volta do AI-5 e é ligada à milícia?

Edited by Nobody