The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Today, i made a very good discovery. I bought these

EI-dANGWkAAr8fs?format=jpg&name=small

EI-dA7KX0AAIpmg?format=jpg&name=small

This is important because they don't make these in the United States. They're super common in Venezuela and i assume other Latin American countries but in the U.S? Nah. Usually, i get these from relatives who are visiting from Venezuela. But today, i found a place that actually sells these (and a bunch of other Venezuelan treats that are really hard to find in the States). And i'm being 100% serious when i say this: EVERY AMERICAN SNACK PALES IN COMPARISON TO A SUSY! 

In case you want to know what it looks like

EI-gpZ4XUAUIKup?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's basically chocolate.

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I realize I miss the Cipher characters. They were amazing, really.

They were. And there's been more additions to them since then which is why i was really hoping we'd get the full crew in Three Houses but i guess not (i've seen the datamines).

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My personal favorite is: Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe stets auf Morgen. XD

What you can do today, always postpone to tomorrow (yeah, i put that and the other German saying into Google Translate. I was curious). In other words, my art history quizzes. I literally do these on the day they are due (but to be fair, they are by far my easiest assignements this semester).

8 hours ago, Lysithea said:

One thing I have notunderstood yet is why JRPGs ruin so many words from the Nordic / German language?

As mentioned before, it's both a case of translation and also just rule of cool. I find that Japanese media nowadays just like to use foreign words (with the exception of English because it's pretty much a second language there). It's not just German, i've seen cases of Latin and Greek used in these ways as well.

Norse is definitly the most popular though, i feel like. If your anime or JRPG has a giant tree in it, it's probably called Yggdrasil. 

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Which brings me to the name of the main town in Atelier Ryza, which is called "Rasenboden". I had a bit of a chuckle when I read that, because for all the non-German speakers, this probably sounds like a pretty exotic, fantasy-esque name, when in reality, it just translates to "lawn ground"

Oh so that's what it meant. I knew Rasenboden was German, i just didn't actually know what it meant until now.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Today, i made a very good discovery. I bought these

This is important because they don't make these in the United States. They're super common in Venezuela and i assume other Latin American countries but in the U.S? Nah. Usually, i get these from relatives who are visiting from Venezuela. But today, i found a place that actually sells these (and a bunch of other Venezuelan treats that are really hard to find in the States). And i'm being 100% serious when i say this: EVERY AMERICAN SNACK PALES IN COMPARISON TO A SUSY! 

In case you want to know what it looks like

It's basically chocolate.

Not as Susy; but those things are called Suavicremas over here. Or at least, they look too similar to Suavicremas... probably "Same thing, different name in other countries" applies here.

34 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

"Last Post Wins"

Lun Pay Waj

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 11/6/2019 at 4:24 PM, DragonFlames said:

Is the imouto war over now?

Onee chan war has just begun.

Here are the best onee chans.

510px-Camilla_Tropical_Beauty_BtlFace_D.

510px-Laegjarn_Burning_Sun_BtlFace_D.web

Tethys_Beloved_Dancer_BtlFace_D.webp?ver

Edited by XRay

50 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I heard lula got released - what's that about

He was not absolved of his charges.

Basically, the brazilian constitution says people can only be arrested after all possible appeals have been heard: i.e. after they've been convicted by the supreme court of the country (yeah, it's as lax as it sounds and it obviously doesn't apply to dangerous criminals such as murderers or rapists - or most people who don't have the means to appeal). Between 88-2009 and then again between 2016 and just this friday, the supreme court had ruled -against the constitution- that people could be arrested after being convicted twice, once by a single judge and then by a collective (is this the right english word?) court. There are still two courts to appeal to after that, the superior courts and then the supreme court.

Lula had been judged by a collective court last year, before he was arrested. As of now, he has only been convicted  by a superior court (i.e. 3 times), but not the supreme court. As the supreme court ruled that their previous interpretation was against the constitution, they ordered that people who had been convicted by only two courts, rather than all the ones they have the right to be judged by, should be released.

He still can't run for office, since he was still convicted by two courts and there's an specific law that forbids people who've been convicted by two different courts from running for office (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ficha_Limpa).

Sorry if it's not exactly clear, it's hard to translate law specific terms.

Edited by Nobody

16 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbf, with op Characters like that, it's very hard for anything to feel like an asspull or something. I mean, shares are basically power of friendship when CPUs believe in each other XD

Indeed.
I'm personally fond of all the power of friendship/love shenanigans in anime/JRPGs. It never bothered me when something happened due to that.

Also, i now am 100% sure you're a student 😛 xD

Damn it, I'm busted! XD

Good luck good luck 😄

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

What you can do today, always postpone to tomorrow (yeah, i put that and the other German saying into Google Translate. I was curious). In other words, my art history quizzes. I literally do these on the day they are due (but to be fair, they are by far my easiest assignements this semester).

The actual saying goes "Was du heute kannst besorgen, das verschiebe nicht auf morgen", i.e. what you can do today, don't postpone to tomorrow. Some genius way back when just twisted it a bit. XD

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Onee chan war has just begun.

Here are the best onee chans.

510px-Camilla_Tropical_Beauty_BtlFace_D.

510px-Laegjarn_Burning_Sun_BtlFace_D.web

Tethys_Beloved_Dancer_BtlFace_D.webp?ver

Onee-chan wars?
Well, that's not even a competition, really...
696767f788c2f2ebb405bf0db0082ef501ac1b69
Because you're looking straight at the winner right here. XD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did someone say Onee-chan wars?
Time to post best onee-chan!

Z0r64mI.jpg

Wait, what?
Oh...
Ooooh yeah... I get it.
somethingsomethingbornearlierbutagesslowerbecauseHomunclussomething.

Oh my, this has for sure become a battlefield now...

Also how the heck can Shirou be an Onii-chan when Illya is already an Onee-chan?
Mind. Blown.

And speaking of Onii-chans, where is Rean?
latest?cb=20130518162631

Edited by DragonFlames

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also how the heck can Shirou be an Onii-chan when Illya is already an Onee-chan?

Not only Neptunia has different Dimensions xD

The Multiverse is a canon thing in F/SN (And there's even a weapon that can absorb power across dimesnions). F/SN Illya is the onee-chan, in Miyuverse Shirou is Miyu's Onii-chan. In Prismaverse he is pretty much a normal guy who is the butt of all harem jokes XD

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And speaking of Onii-chans, where is Rean?

Too busy running after Crow he forgot about Elsie 😛

latest?cb=20130518162631

Airhead/War Princess Duality :3

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Not only Neptunia has different Dimensions xD

The Multiverse is a canon thing in F/SN (And there's even a weapon that can absorb power across dimesnions). F/SN Illya is the onee-chan, in Miyuverse Shirou is Miyu's Onii-chan. In Prismaverse he is pretty much a normal guy who is the butt of all harem jokes XD

Oh right, I forgot that Fate has a multiverse thing going on, too. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Too busy running after Crow he forgot about Elsie 😛

Haha, nice!

---

I also just found out that they made a sequel to Conception II Children of the Seven Stars, which released last Friday.
And that also reminded me of the weird as heck battle theme.

Like, what the hell are they even singing?

Man, how time flies. This place will be 8 years old in a little more than a month... and it's still going strong.

Didn't FE4T was actually already at a low point by it's 8th anniversary...?