The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, Karimlan said:

@Strullemia: Hope nothing bad is up with your Switch. Admittedly, Bloodstained had a lot of issues that ultimately made people think twice about buying it (not just the force-closing of the game).

So do I. I've already done a non-factory reset once a while ago, deleted my cache and made sure to turn the switch off a few times. It doesn't happen constantly, more like every few days depending on the game but it happens more than it should. Here's hoping it stops on its own or that a future Switch update fixes it.

-------

Yeah I heard about that, the Switch version had a lot of issues and people had to wait for a patch.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You played it, too? Nice!

Yes but only the first route. I messed up in the first route and missed out on an item and because of that I couldn't access the third without doing the first run again which bummed me out.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

Yes but only the first route. I messed up in the first route and missed out on an item and because of that I couldn't access the third without doing the first run again which bummed me out.

That reminds me that I still have to play the third route.
So much to do, so little time.

In the next version of Return of the Jedi, C-3PO no longer tell stories about the Rebels to the Ewoks. Instead telling them about Ahsoka, Vader and and the Ghost crew. It only a matter of time before the original trilogy are rewritten to include the new characters.

Can't believe the re-edits are still happening 25+ years and counting. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't seen the movie in question, so I can't really comment one way or another, but from what I've seen and read of the series, these things I was talking about were still there and still annoying enough, even if they weren't point or focus of the series.
It's like a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. You want to continue eating the cake, but you constantly think about the worms and how gross they are and it just ruins the entire experience.

I feel like you're looking at it a bit too seriously when the series isn't. I agree that "will they or won't they" is annoying in other contexts but said contexts are the ones where the writing is trying to get me invested in a potential romance. Konosuba isn't trying to get me invested in a potential romance in the first place, so it's not really an issue for me.

You describe it as a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. I'd just describe it as a delicious cake. 

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In the next version of Return of the Jedi, C-3PO no longer tell stories about the Rebels to the Ewoks. Instead telling them about Ahsoka, Vader and and the Ghost crew. It only a matter of time before the original trilogy are rewritten to include the new characters.

Not gonna lie, Ashoka showing up in a mainline movie actually would be pretty cool. Even if they just CGI a cameo of her somewhere, i'd be fine with it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I feel like you're looking at it a bit too seriously when the series isn't. I agree that "will they or won't they" is annoying in other contexts but said contexts are the ones where the writing is trying to get me invested in a potential romance. Konosuba isn't trying to get me invested in a potential romance in the first place, so it's not really an issue for me.

You describe it as a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. I'd just describe it as a delicious cake.

You might be right and I just took it too seriously.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

7e2ccd6.jpg?width=866&height=500

We're in the Denial stage, eh? XD

47 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I hope for a Warner Bros app coming out soon because I want to watch old Looney Tunes cartoons so badly. 

Idk if I will use that Disney app.

However I would love watching old Darkwing Duck or Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers cartoons again. 

Nostalgia reaching critical amounts.

Edited by DragonFlames

Apparently, Sword and Shield is directly reusing models from X and Y according to dataminers.
Despite having claimed otherwise.
Justified removing over half the Pokémon with the statement that they wanted to redo the models for Sword and Shield.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:
did you see the reviews? 8+

Gamefreak will get away with everything

That's the worst part, isn't it?
No matter how much they get f***ed over by devs and publishers alike, people will still praise them to hell and back *looks at Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard*.
Stockholm Syndrome should be counted as an epidemic at this point.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Apparently, Sword and Shield is directly reusing models from X and Y according to dataminers.
Despite having claimed otherwise.
Justified removing over half the Pokémon with the statement that they wanted to redo the models for Sword and Shield.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

The irony is that no one would mind the reused models (models themselves are fine tbh) and animations if Game Freak had just kept their mouths shut. For the record, reusing animations isn't inherintly a bad thing either. But they said they were "working on improving the models and animations" to justify cutting the Dex and that's clearly a lie.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

did you see the reviews? 8+
Gamefreak will get away with everything

I wasn't expecting anything less tbh.

I won't attack those who do want the game or who enjoy it. But i think we should've gotten a lot better. For what SwSh is offering, it is not worth $60. Link's Awakening HD is worth more.

The sad thing is that people are so obsessed with Pokémon that a lot of them don't dare to critisize GF. Bethesda, Bioware, EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard? Sure! THOSE ARE HORRIBLE but when GF messes up they'll get a #ThankYouGameFreak hashtag.

Lol at people thanking a corporate company that just wants their money.

IMG_20191113_130846.jpg?width=281&height

So basically

Ryza_Meme_TemplateSwSh.png?width=554&hei

SwSh is definitly disapointing but some people just take it too far.

5 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

The sad thing is that people are so obsessed with Pokémon that a lot of them don't dare to critisize GF. Bethesda, Bioware, EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard? Sure! THOSE ARE HORRIBLE but when GF messes up they'll get a #ThankYouGameFreak hashtag.

Lol at people thanking a corporate company that just wants their money.

#ThankYouGameFreak had me split because one one hand, yeah it's nice to remincese about Pokemon memories. I even saw one from the guy with all those cool realistic Pokemon artwork, where he said that it's because of Pokemon that he was able to get on so many art projects, including the Detective Pikachu movie. On the other hand, what a coincidence that #ThankYouGameFreak started trending shortly after reports of "low morale at Game Freak" instead of something that would actually warrant a trend like that, such as say, the alternate timeline where Game Freak goes out of buisness. Where was #ThankYouAlphaDream (Mario & Luigi devs) when they went out of buisness?

I should try my hand at Pokefanficting again, or just silently pray that Monolith could swipe Pokemon for a single open world spinoff that shows GF how to do better in certain ways. I'd be fine if said open world was a new region born of a Legendary's dream that spliced together old locations (hence the region being pure wilderness untouched by humans), since Monolith could make the waters of Hoenn, the mountains of Sinnoh, the Viridian Forest, the Dragon's Den, and the whatevs of everywhere else, look better than GF ever could.

I mean, GF has put out a statement hoping people are excited by the free-moving camera, which is a little pathetic when that has existed since Super Mario 64. As times change, workers might need reeducation for job performance, if Nintendo is a buddy-buddy family of different dev teams, the Game Freak should look to others within the company praised for certain things, and ask them how they do what they do. 

On a totally unrelated note:

G9x_l4hR_oAXY7kJ?format=jpg&name=small

I'd play with this mod.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

#ThankYouGameFreak had me split because one one hand, yeah it's nice to remincese about Pokemon memories. I even saw one from the guy with all those cool realistic Pokemon artwork, where he said that it's because of Pokemon that he was able to get on so many art projects, including the Detective Pikachu movie. On the other hand, what a coincidence that #ThankYouGameFreak started trending shortly after reports of "low morale at Game Freak" instead of something that would actually warrant a trend like that, such as say, the alternate timeline where Game Freak goes out of buisness. Where was #ThankYouAlphaDream (Mario & Luigi devs) when they went out of buisness?

The "low morale at Game Freak" was never even fully confirmed, was it?

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

just silently pray that Monolith could swipe Pokemon for a single open world spinoff that shows GF how to do better in certain ways. I'd be fine if said open world was a new region born of a Legendary's dream that spliced together old locations (hence the region being pure wilderness untouched by humans), since Monolith could make the waters of Hoenn, the mountains of Sinnoh, the Viridian Forest, the Dragon's Den, and the whatevs of everywhere else, look better than GF ever could.

God, a Monolith Soft-developed Pokemon game would be something i buy in a heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean, GF has put out a statement hoping people are excited by the free-moving camera, which is a little pathetic when that has existed since Super Mario 64.

And the camera doesn't even work that properly, in the Wild Area. Only one set speed and barely any vertical movement.

11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I actually gave up on getting Sword/Shield completely, even second hand.

No Super settings on the battle tower was the last straw.

Sword and Shield honestly has the most barren post-game out of any post-Gen 3 game aside from Let's GO. Disapointing.

Honestly, Galar itself feels pretty barren. A measly 10 routes and a semi-open world area with nothing of interest in it. Fuck, i never thought i'd put a region below Kanto (though Galar still has better Pokemon).

13 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

You're right, it wasn't. It was just a rumor.

I just can't get over the fact that a Pokémon game from 20 freaking years ago had better animations than a Pokémon game on the Switch has nowadays.
I think it's very telling that games like Pokémon Stadium, Stadium 2, Pokémon Snap, Collosseum, and XD: Gale of Darkness still hold up graphically when compared to the new games.

Mario, Zelda and Fire Emblem released games on the Switch that are widely considered to be milestones for their respective franchises. Meanwhile Pokémon does... well...
And it's that contrast that makes this whole ordeal so interesting to me.

17 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I actually gave up on getting Sword/Shield completely, even second hand.

No Super settings on the battle tower was the last straw.

My last straw was the new Pokémon. Despite one or two exceptions (the legendaries are pretty cool, even if one is just a rip-off of a boss in Dark Souls 1, and that sheep thing is pretty cute), not a single one of them was even slightly appealing to me. Not to mention the "Galar Forms", which are just... just... no.
It's like Gen VII all over again.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The irony is that no one would mind the reused models (models themselves are fine tbh) and animations if Game Freak had just kept their mouths shut. For the record, reusing animations isn't inherintly a bad thing either. But they said they were "working on improving the models and animations" to justify cutting the Dex and that's clearly a lie.

Yup.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wasn't expecting anything less tbh.

I won't attack those who do want the game or who enjoy it. But i think we should've gotten a lot better. For what SwSh is offering, it is not worth $60. Link's Awakening HD is worth more.

We should have gotten better, indeed.
Pokémon is one of the biggest franchises in history and all we're getting are mediocre cash-grabs. Then again, that's nearly every AAA game these days.
Next thing you know, they'll release a Pokémon Looter Shooter Battle Royale game with microtransactions, lootboxes, the whole nine yards.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20191113_130846.jpg?width=281&height

So basically

Ryza_Meme_TemplateSwSh.png?width=554&hei

SwSh is definitly disapointing but some people just take it too far.

Indeed they are. Jeez.

Unrelated: Why is Ryza so memeable?

9 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

I'd say it's a PR stunt to get people to fork over money out of pity.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

God, a Monolith Soft-developed Pokemon game would be something i buy in a heartbeat.

That'd be so fun. I wish Nintendo would lend members from their teams to gamefreak for a better game =/

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My last straw was the new Pokémon. Despite one or two exceptions (the legendaries are pretty cool, even if one is just a rip-off of a boss in Dark Souls 1, and that sheep thing is pretty cute), not a single one of them was even slightly appealing to me. Not to mention the "Galar Forms", which are just... just... no.
It's like Gen VII all over again.

I actually really really liked the new pokemon, which makes it hurt even more lol

Edited by Nobody

1 minute ago, Nobody said:
I actually really really liked the new pokemon, which makes it hurt even more lol

Yeah, I can imagine that.
The decision to jump ship is certainly a lot easier when the main draw of the game (in this case, the Pokémon) is unappealing to someone.

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:
That'd be so fun. I wish Nintendo would lend members from their teams to gamefreak for a better game =/

Sorry for the double post, but we already have Pokémon games not made by GameFreak (with mainline gameplay at that) that I would consider better than any mainline game: Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD, to be exact.
And that's not even getting into the actual spin-offs like Snap, Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon (up to and including Sky at least).

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You're right, it wasn't. It was just a rumor.

Right, and people jumped on it. I'm certain that if another developer had news similar to this, that the reaction wouldn't have been that big.

33 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd say it's a PR stunt to get people to fork over money out of pity.

It wouldn't surprise me.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry for the double post, but we already have Pokémon games not made by GameFreak (with mainline gameplay at that) that I would consider better than any mainline game: Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD, to be exact.
And that's not even getting into the actual spin-offs like Snap, Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon (up to and including Sky at least).

Maaaaaaaan, that game made me feel more than any of the stories in the mainline games did.

I mean fuck when this started playing ;_;

And then the events after that....the endgame messed with my emotions so much and when Eplorers of the Sky released they only made it worse by including Special Mission 5. Seeing Dusknoir's arc and Grovyle holding Celebi ;_;

Man, and I thought Dialga's Fight to the Finish already sounded great...

... and it still gives me Terranigma vibes, no matter the version, pft.

---

Also, man, I can't believe it took me until now that the problem I had with my laptop since... too long, was due to the antivirus. It was using up like 50% of the CPU, now nuts!

Edited by Acacia Sgt