The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I just realized. Today started our version of Black Friday. The Good (Week)End.

Not that I might do anything about it, maybe. It's not all that cracked up to be most of the time... and then some.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2019110820240100_3c66b776db1aa0632303704

“One of the many ingredients that can be used for cooking at your camp. When a Slowpoke’s tail falls off, it grows back quickly.”

It's official, you can eat Pokemon now. Combusken, come.😋

I was looking up posters to consider getting as a gift for the holidays. I wanted it to be a tropical landscape, 100 pages in, nothing was perfect for me, I could find some fault in everything. Too empty, no ocean, too pristine, too rough, too dark, too light, too natural, too human-developed. 

And then I got sidetracked into considering a bamboo forest poster, even though think I'd really want one. And then I thought of video game landscapes (not that I'd want a poster of one even if they existed), namely Xeno of course. And it got me thinking "there hasn't been an idealized bamboo forest in those yet", which might be a little difficult to model with the hundreds of thin bamboo stalks to place therein, but I've few doubts Monolith could nail it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Wait, there really is Slowpoke Tail curry?

Man, remember when we used to stop Team Rocket from harvesting the tails to avoid doing such things? Good times... At least this explains to where they were selling. Since Slowpoke isn't in the Galar Dex, right?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At least this explains to where they were selling. Since Slowpoke isn't in the Galar Dex, right?

It isn't, I've read. Can they Dexit Gen 9's regional Vanilluxe form that makes it Dark-Ice in Gen 10? I'd like some bittersweet chocolately, creamy goodness.

Here is a collection of what a bunch of the curries look like:

https://www.polygon.com/pokemon-sword-shield-guide/2019/11/15/20967068/pokemon-sword-and-shield-guide-how-to-cook-curry-full-recipe-list-and-rankings

Scroll down towards the bottom to find pics of 21 of the curries.

Speaking of food and visuals in video games. (Silence this videos if you don't want to hear Let's Play chatter).:

Vanillaware made it look so delicious, and it's just so charming I can't fault them for the effort spent on these little things.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's official, you can eat Pokemon now.

Makes me wonder if there's some sort of international administration that determines the ethicalaty (is that a word?) of Pokemon food. Like, i'd imagine eating humanoid Pokemon is banned.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Makes me wonder if there's some sort of international administration that determines the ethicalaty (is that a word?) of Pokemon food. Like, i'd imagine eating humanoid Pokemon is banned.

Ethicality is a word, or you could just say "the ethics".

Humanoids is a category not without fuzziness though. Mr. Mime is off limits for sure, but what about that Combusken that'd make for some good Hoenn Hot Chicken? It's bipedal, but does it "look human" enough? Or, what about a very intelligent Pokemon that isn't humanoid? Like maybe Absol?

For Slowpoke, take note that say the tails fall off- they aren't presumably harming the 'mon to get them, they're just waiting for a natural falling off. This would fall far short of killing the whole Slooooowpoke. 

But, we have curry with burgers, sausage, and bone-in-cuts of meat. Unless Miltanks and Emboars naturally shed their body flesh every so often, they gotta meet the processing plant eventually. Or, Pokemon is an idyllic world where Beyond Meat & Impossible Meat and their plant-based substitutes have prevailed. The fatties of Team Yell are explicable b/c plant-based substitutes are by no means healthier for you than regular meat.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Eh, eating Pokémon is something that goes back a loooooong time. Like, at some point it was pointed Farfetch'd makes for a good meal if cooked with the leek it holds, to the point they're almost extinct. Yeah.

Perhaps amusingly enough, it's the anime that pointed that, all the way back in Kanto. However, some game dex entries do support they're quite endeangered; and what else could it be if not that they're being eaten all up.

Considering it's quite common that Pokémon eat other Pokémon... what stops humans from following suit?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Today I am invited for a 10th year graduation reunion. I rather would use my freetime to make up my flat and play Cold Steel III than to warm up already suppressed (bad) times, especially since I had no contact to any of my ex-classmates in the past ten years. I would not identify them anymore. If they start to talk to me about relationships or children or they force me to drink any alcoholic drinks against my will, then I will leave at once.

Edited by Lysithea

What kind of reunion? Middle School? High School?

Personally... I'm a bit in the same boat. Though I actually doubt if any of my ex-classmates, outside the college ones, can even contact me to receive an invitation to begin with. Man, it's only been a year and even I can only now mostly remember my college ex-classmates.

It's mostly the same thing for any education level. Just a few names, but no faces to assign to them. Except for High School, where it's the opposite. I have a graduation photo I can easily access... but I barely remember their names!

On the flip side, if I were to ever meet any of them again, there'd be no hard feelings or stuff... because I don't remember them at this point. The silver lining, I guess.

Hmm, I see. I suppose if they so wished, I could be found likewise.

"If they so wished" is the key phrase here. I might not remember; but if they do; and they don't feel like inviting me... well, that's fine, actually.

Train just has been cancelled, so no class reunion. It was announced 20 minutes after planned depature. Good job fucking Nordwestbahn! I On the one hand I am sorta relieved not to go to this, but on the other hand I am pissed for wasting more than an hour of my rare freetime just because a public transport organisation company was unable to inform about their own caused mess.

Edited by Lysithea

Just watched the second episode of The Mandalorian. This show is good. The second episode didn't have a whole lot of dialouge, it was mostly visual storytelling. Pretty nice. I definitly recommend this show (though i also recommend that you just pirate it, Disney+ is not worth it).

So, my brother decided to get the Definitive Edition of Age of Empires II when it got released. Despite the interest, I'm holding back on buying it for myself. Mostly because I doubt my laptop could handle it. His has similar specs... and there's considerable slowdown at times. Mine is also older, might need battery replacement... so yeah, I decided to not chance it. Besides, I'm soon getting one that could run it better, anyway.

Ryza just pulled a Totori on me and ended my run for me.
At least I made it to the finale this time, so... yay, I guess?

Since I was mostly done with the game anyway, I'll write up a "review" thingy over on the What'cha playing? thread. Check there if you're interested.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just watched the second episode of The Mandalorian. This show is good. The second episode didn't have a whole lot of dialouge, it was mostly visual storytelling. Pretty nice. I definitly recommend this show (though i also recommend that you just pirate it, Disney+ is not worth it).

Yarr-harr fiddle-dee-dee...

I decided to replay Pokemon Explorers of the Sky, this time starting with Vulpix as the hero and Riolu as my partner. I've always wanted to replay the game and now is as good as time as any. I also considered looking for GtI and Super but both of those have flaws while Sky doesn't.

I also happened to find this when I started it:

This sounds sooooooooo good.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ryza just pulled a Totori on me and ended my run for me.

I am really curious to know what this means, as unlike Totori, there is no timelimit to fuck you over.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am really curious to know what this means, as unlike Totori, there is no timelimit to fuck you over.

Yes, but frighteningly similar to Totori, there is (spoilers for the end of the game)

a final boss that presents you with a gigantic difficulty spike (as in, I had no trouble beating anything in the area it's in, but the thing itself gave me a run for my money). That makes you burn through your healing items; and with the dumb Core Items thing in place, this means very, very fast. To top it all off, it has at least two forms. On my third try, I beat the first form by the skin of my teeth only for it to transform and wipe me because I ran out of CC to use my healing items.

EDIT: Also, it just started snowing outside. What the heck?

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes, but frighteningly similar to Totori, there is (spoilers for the end of the game)

Reveal hidden contents

a final boss that presents you with a gigantic difficulty spike (as in, I had no trouble beating anything in the area it's in, but the thing itself gave me a run for my money). That makes you burn through your healing items; and with the dumb Core Items thing in place, this means very, very fast. To top it all off, it has at least two forms. On my third try, I beat the first form by the skin of my teeth only for it to transform and wipe me because I ran out of CC to use my healing items.

Yeah, i just saw your review. I do understand the Core Charge complaint and it's definitly my least favorite part of the game but what you described isn't what i'd classify as a runkiller. Yeah, difficulty spikes suck but it's not like you can't win, unlike Totori where you literally couldn't win.

Hell, Ryza lets you change the difficulty whenever so you could've just set it to Easy and cheese it.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, i just saw your review. I do understand the Core Charge complaint and it's definitly my least favorite part of the game but what you described isn't what i'd classify as a runkiller. Yeah, difficulty spikes suck but it's not like you can't win, unlike Totori where you literally couldn't win.

Hell, Ryza lets you change the difficulty whenever so you could've just set it to Easy and cheese it.

Already tried that one. It didn't work out too well.
You're right in that this isn't truly a runkiller, so to speak, but as it stands, I have no clue what I did wrong or what I could do differently besides grinding for levels a bunch.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Already tried that one. It didn't work out too well.

Hmmm. I'm playing on Hard so uh, i'm in for a ride. What levels where you at, btw?

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You're right in that this isn't truly a runkiller, so to speak, but as it stands, I have no clue what I did wrong or what I could do differently besides grinding for levels a bunch.

I take it you've already upgraded your good equipment via item rebuilding?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hmmm. I'm playing on Hard so uh, i'm in for a ride. What levels where you at, btw?

33 for the initial four, 36-38 for the two that join quite a ways in.

Empel and Lila. The latter is this game's Sterk.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I take it you've already upgraded your good equipment via item rebuilding?

Yup, I have. The only thing I could try to do is make even better stuff, but with the stuff that I have and the stuff I can gather as of this moment, I don't think I can make anything that's better than what I have right now.