The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Well, after the first two Monarch's Journey challenges in Crusader Kings II were certainly a little challenging... I'm thankul the third one was easy for a change. Very gamey way to fulfill the objectives... but I don't mind, honestly.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/15/2019 at 10:16 PM, Strullemia said:

Finally Pokemon is released aaaand it has a very serious bug that can delete stuff from your SD Card.

This is Fallout 76 levels of bad now.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:32 PM, Armagon said:

That's not a game problem though. It appears to be an issue with the SD card itself, specifically the exFAT kind.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:59 AM, Armagon said:

At the very least, with this issue, you're save data remains intact. Games downloaded to the SD card would still need to be redownloaded but their save data won't go anywhere. The Plant issue straight up deleted your Smash save so that one's worse.

I've had similar problems happen to me.

1) Nintendo Switch MicroSD dies on me unexpectedly. Game data was lost (so I had to redownload all my games), photos were lost, but my save data remained.
2) Accidently ejected MicroSD from laptop when disabling Wi-Fi function:
unknown.png
I was able to restore photos and some game data but all my games were corrupted and needed reinstalling. Again, all my save data was fine.

I think the save data isn't just stored on the MicroSD card, even if you move it there via archiving. The Switch must have a copy of the save data somewhere on the system so that it won't be lost when the MicroSD card dies.

I think this is probably because Nintendo realised that Switch MicroSDs were particularly vulnerable and so decided to backup saves on the system just in case...

Because you can redownload your games... but you can't replace your save files!

Without this feature, all my Three Houses data would've been GONE.
And I was doing so well there, too!

More expensive than it needs to be, honestly. Especially the prices for new controllers are... oof.

Anyway, @Armagon: I did the thing and saw the ending. I'm happy now.
Here's a few pointers for you, if you want:

My party was Lila, Ryza, and Empel. Fressher's shop sells some really good armor at one point, so I suggest buying those. And there IS a way to increase CC. A quest later in the game (from the traveler dude in Old Town) gives you a clue for the hidden treasure in Meteor Castle. If you collect all treasure pieces, you get the Core Crystal II, which increases CC by two points. Also, right next to the final boss is an area where there are crystals you can smash with a hammer (warning: strong monsters "guard" these, so be ready for that). If you do that, you get Degenesis Stones, which allow you to make the metals necessary for really good weapons. Sadly, I could only get enough to make weapons for Empel and Lila, but it was enough, luckily. Also, definitely bring medicine that can recover your Stun Gauge. I also recommend playing as someone who has an easy time triggering follow-up attacks (when your party members ask you to do certain things - I used Lila, because Empel and Ryza wanted her to use elemental and physical attacks, which just so happened to be the kind of attacks Lila is best at), because those can save your butt in a pinch, as they actually interrupt and negate the enemy's attack if timed right.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, right next to the final boss is an area where there are crystals you can smash with a hammer (warning: strong monsters "guard" these, so be ready for that). If you do that, you get Degenesis Stones, which allow you to make the metals necessary for really good weapons.

Thanks for the tip but i already had access to a source of Degenesis Stones. You can get Degenesis Stones in the Main Road, specifically in the area with the ruins. If you have the Wind Boots with the flying trait, there's a spot with those green swirly thingies you might've seen. If you go there, you'll go to a small section where you can get Degenesis Stones, among other useful materials 

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Thanks for the tip but i already had access to a source of Degenesis Stones. You can get Degenesis Stones in the Main Road, specifically in the area with the ruins. If you have the Wind Boots with the flying trait, there's a spot with those green swirly thingies you might've seen. If you go there, you'll go to a small section where you can get Degenesis Stones, among other useful materials 

I never found the materials to make the recipe for those boots, so I was kind of SOL on that front. XD

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20191115_124115.png

Lulua be like: DID SOMEONE SAY CURRY?!?

Well, I decided that Good End was a good chance as any to get that new Laptop. Got what was at least an upgrade to my current one. Costed 12K MXN (somewhat over 600 USD at current transactions); but I actually crossed the border yesterday to see what was there, and the price was comparable to what was comparable that I found over there. Admitedly, that latter choice is likely to be cheaper when Black Friday comes... but if living near a border has taught me is that Solo Wing Pixy was right events like those means crossing the border is more of a long slog than usual so it brings much doubt to be feasable.

Well, hopefully it was, if not the better choice, then still a good one.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Holy shit.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I never found the materials to make the recipe for those boots, so I was kind of SOL on that front. XD

Cloth -> Natrual Cloth -> Bestial Air -> Sorcery Rose -> Wind Shoes. I'm gonna assume you at least have access to Bestial Airs.

One of the nodes on the Bestial Air recpie allows it to transform into a Socery Rose using a Delphi Rose. You can get Delphi Roses near the resting point of the Valley

EJmqw-EU0AAiwdW?format=jpg&name=small

EJmqw-JVUAAytyl?format=jpg&name=small

You can also get Lapis Papillions from these flowers with the the bug net. You'll need these for a Spirit Bottle (more on that later). Once you transformed your Bestial Air into a Sorcery Rose, you can work your way to the Wind Shoes.....except you need a Spirit Bottle for the transformation. For that, the recpie chain goes: Mixing Oil -> Alchemy Paint -> Spirit Bottle. Alchemy Paint is pretty simple, the required transformation material is those rainbow grapes you can get near Ryza's house. To transform Alchemy Paint into a Spirit Bottle, you need a Lapis Papillion.

Once you get the Wind Shoes, you still aren't done because you need both the Lightweight and Wind Rider effects for it to actually work. This is accomplished by maxing out the right side of the recepie nodes (specifically effects 2 and 3, the quality node can be left unmaxed but you still need to fill it at least partially to proceed). You need a few Trihorns btw (you can get these by using the bug net on the tree log right in front of the enterance to the Tower). The left side of the recepie nodes increase movement speed but you can use Item Rebuild for that. It's more important that you get the Lightweight and Wind Rider effects.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cloth -> Natrual Cloth -> Bestial Air -> Sorcery Rose -> Wind Shoes. I'm gonna assume you at least have access to Bestial Airs.

One of the nodes on the Bestial Air recpie allows it to transform into a Socery Rose using a Delphi Rose. You can get Delphi Roses near the resting point of the Valley

EJmqw-EU0AAiwdW?format=jpg&name=small

EJmqw-JVUAAytyl?format=jpg&name=small

You can also get Lapis Papillions from these flowers with the the bug net. You'll need these for a Spirit Bottle (more on that later). Once you transformed your Bestial Air into a Sorcery Rose, you can work your way to the Wind Shoes.....except you need a Spirit Bottle for the transformation. For that, the recpie chain goes: Mixing Oil -> Alchemy Paint -> Spirit Bottle. Alchemy Paint is pretty simple, the required transformation material is those rainbow grapes you can get near Ryza's house. To transform Alchemy Paint into a Spirit Bottle, you need a Lapis Papillion.

Once you get the Wind Shoes, you still aren't done because you need both the Lightweight and Wind Rider effects for it to actually work. This is accomplished by maxing out the right side of the recepie nodes (specifically effects 2 and 3, the quality node can be left unmaxed but you still need to fill it at least partially to proceed). You need a few Trihorns btw (you can get these by using the bug net on the tree log right in front of the enterance to the Tower). The left side of the recepie nodes increase movement speed but you can use Item Rebuild for that. It's more important that you get the Lightweight and Wind Rider effects.

I see. Many thanks!

Finished with the Crimson Flower of 3H in 30 hours. Was not expecting the last two chapters to be back-to-back.

Spoiler

I knew something had to be up in the penultimate battle with the immobile enemies, I did not expect it to be monster outbreaks, seven of them I was faced with, plus the two reinforcements. Eh, I only killed three of those, the first to pop in near Sylvain, Dedue because he was in my way, and another because I had to wait until I opened both chests before killing Dimitri. Blessed be the lethargy of many of this game's enemies.

The only true trouble spot was the reinforcements, I spent 3 Pulses here because moving east meant I fell straight into Rhea's lap. Once Rhea fled via a precarious assault, the main threat was gone. Taking out Dedue and his handful of mobile comrades/reinforcements, the two Seiros golems, and the mages from the map's center, were the only issues left.

The final battle took me 30 turns exactly, I went center, then left, then into the boss zone. The boss looked intimidating and traditional FE of course, but wasn't hard because I played it safe and relied entirely on Jerry with his exclusive Counterattack to poke through all four of its non-regenerating lifebars with a Silver Lance, with a little Brave Lance hit-and-run to return him to a spot where Heal could be used on him and he could do another Counterattack.

Doing this without that spankin' new free DLC character would have been a lot different for me. Nobody had Fortify, so the notion of blitzing the boss with an all out assault by everyone and following it with a full heal, to be repeated on the next turn barring an AoE, would have been impossible. I didn't have Rescue either, or Wyvern Lords for that extra point of Move, or Bow Knights. Physics, some lucky Gambit hits, and maybe one Wyvern Rider doing hit-and-run via the March Ring would have been for wearing down the boss while getting Healed every turn would been all I could have done. Or Caspar could have using Healing Focus every turn and stuck to countering the boss.

There was some challenge in this fight that forced a few (4 I think) Pulses, mostly the Falcoknights and enemy Crit rates, and I did get a few lucky iffy hits I needed to land. But, the Falco reinforcements were fairly few and that kept them in check. The abundant fire spaces were just annoying, a time waster, and something that I used to chip a few enemies.

I forgot to buy enough Chest Keys, so I skipped the two chests. I found the enemy AI here nearly as nonaggressive as it always is. With a particular oddity where either injuring the boss or going after a north-central golem made Cathy move. But, she and her armors stopped short of attacking me, she just sat near the final boss to the right, not leaving that space even as I hit-and-ran her HP down. Meanwhile, the entire right column of the map and one golem in the center-center remained unmoved as their commander was slain.

And, I never did find out what the boss's roaring meant.

I did like Chapter 12 Crimson Flower, that was fun, and I did enjoy Claude's last stand too. The route was shorter, but its gameplay didn't feel rushed to me.

No more 3H until the final DLC wave strikes I think, I've had my fill of it for now.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I am doing Crimson Flower in maddening (chapter 8 currently). 

Lots of my units are trash. Byleth got one defense point in 21 levels, Petra is slower than Ferdinand and Bernadetta is the worst unit I have seen for a while in FE. She has basically Jeigan-growths. 

The only unit who surprised me is Ferdinand because he is superfast. I will make become him a dancer. Edelgard is like physical Lysithea, oneshots. Annette is also a postlitive surprise, quite fast for her standards. 

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Lots of my units are trash. Byleth got one defense point in 21 levels, Petra is slower than Ferdinand and Bernadetta is the worst unit I have seen for a while in FE. She has basically Jeigan-growths. 

The only unit who surprised me is Ferdinand because he is superfast. I will make become him a dancer. Edelgard is like physical Lysithea, oneshots. Annette is also a postlitive surprise, quite fast for her standards. 

I think either you got massively RNG-screwed or you didn't train your units properly... I know it might seem like an unfair comparison, but I'm on a Blue Lions route (Casual, Normal) and my Byleth has a brilliant defence, barely taking damage from anyone (making Crest of Flames semi-redundant but okay) and Bernedetta is a brilliant physical attacker, even with the Gauntlets.

8 hours ago, Lysithea said:

As @WeAreNewcastle1053 said, you got screwed by the RNG. Hard. Petra is usually the fastest in the Black Eagles by a very wide margin (I had her reach 50 Speed as an Assassin one time).
And blessed at the same time. Fast Annette is pretty rare. Though her Wind spells are so light, she doesn't need a lot of Speed, it's still pretty great.

I noticed that I am RNG screwed, but seeing Petra doubled by sword users is a really bad sign. Ingrid and Ferdi have to take her spot of becoming a dodgetank. Probably go for a wyvern lord Petra to give her a decent player phase at least. 

Also not training units properly is almost impossible. In maddening it is highly recommended to focus on a smaller team since this mode gives way less experience than the two modes below. Experience sharing is a bad idea. I mainly recruited some units just to get their paralouge rewards (like Lorenz). However some units with a really difficult paralogue like Marianne have to be trained (which I have not yet in this case). 

Also Bernadetta with gauntlets!? Lol, she barely does damage even with a silver bow. She would do absolutely nothing with any gauntlet and still so slow to get doubled by everything. I almost considered as a joke, but the gap between normal and maddening is like playing FE9 first and then FE5, so Idk about that. 

Edited by Lysithea

Good luck to you! I imagine Crimson Flower on Maddening is even tougher than the other routes because

it's only 18 Chapters long as opposed to 22.

(The spoiler is there in case you didn't know that yet.)

The image of meek little Bernadetta punching people in the jawline is hilarious to me, by the way.

Today, November 18th is Tetsuya Takahashi's birthday, his 53rd. I'm surprised he's that not all that old. Sure he is getting up there and should be seriously thinking of retirement eventually, but he still has time to lay down plenty of new stories. 

This would have meant he was 32 when Xenogears was released, more than I'll ever accomplish by that point. And, perhaps Xenogears is indicative of the video game industry at the time, still in something of a phase where you didn't have to be "old" to be in charge of a game's production that wasn't an indie. 

And because of this symbolic date, I finally 😤 went and threw off the Xenotross hanging over me and got XC2 done. There, finished, dust in the wind, bones in the grave, limbs in my fridge, no more, nada, what happens when exactly 10 units of matter meets exactly 10 units of antimatter. Postgames almost don't exist for me anymore b/c too much other stuff to play.

The final area was pretty. Level 75 on Normal for the final boss with Morag BriAeCor (all maxed Affinity Charts for this team), Zeke PanElmKOS, and Nia DroFloBor; everyone had two not very carefully considered Pouch Items used on them. The final battle wasn't hard at all, barring a moment where it KO'ed both Nia and Zeke in short succession (did they fall to their deaths?). I didn't notice any boss gimmicks, and the reinforcements only took a little time to kill b/c I forgot how to get the AI to change its targeted enemy.

By the way @Armagon was the 30-minute cutscene (END OF GAME SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY for all would-be onlookers!)...

Spoiler

the one that include the evil illusion of Azurda? (If it was the ending that was the 30 mins, that was fine, because endings are definitely justifiable.)

...Because I skipped that scene. Shame me now if thou must.

I didn't like the obvious evil illusions to make the hero feel bad shtick that had been happening. I get why it happened, Rex had promised the entire game to save the world by bringing everyone to greener pastures, and those pastures weren't very green. Insecurity, a feeling of having failed greater than the distance of a fall off the top of the World Tree to the depths of Morytha. But, Rex already had plenty of scenes for self-criticism and insecurity earlier in the game, and I wanted this game done, so I wanted to get past these expectable motions. I had already skipped the false Morag and false ZeTo scenes, and lowered the difficulty to Easy after losing to "Morag" twice, because solos aren't fun.

And then after the skip, I discovered everyone reunited, and standing not far from the person who reading comments on either an XCX or Torna (I think it was XCX) YouTube video I was sadly spoiled as to the existence of. No fight with them was unexpected, well, unexpected prior the Malos scene with them earlier. I assumed them to be very arrogant, unless their visible missing half happened to be what ended up you know where I'm talking about albeit fully formed, and it just so happened to embody all of their negative qualities. It became clear from talking with said person and then taking the elevator, that I had missed out on some stuff.

So, since I don't feel like watching the movie from the ingame Event Theatre, could you just summarize everything that had happened/been explained for me in the above scene?

It isn't that I don't like the game, I most definitely did enjoy it to log 150 hours in it. This is no different from my feelings when it came to school, I loved it, but by the end of a year/semester besides longing melancholy, there were feelings "finally it will be over!".

The ending itself was good overall.

I predicted the End of Titans, the world decaying was foretold from the start- it was Rex's motivation. And Mor Ardain, mention of decline in Gormott, and especially Amalthus depleting Ardain in Chapters 8 & 9 almost entirely of ether all strengthened the case that this would happen.

Malos died essentially with the same logic he had since the game's beginning, and since Torna even. Destroy the wretched world. Considering he did have doubts of who he was earlier, this was perhaps a tad regressive. But he did develop since Torna through Jin's suffering it was stated. Development but remaining the same individual from beginning to end, is Rex much different in this regard? Is it flawed that Malos experienced no substantial changes in his end-goal? Calling Amalthus a not so bad Driver is a wee bit too nice for him.

I can see why Elma's beta-designs with the analytic face visors was even more striking for you now, since Aion had one on.

I recognized a certain disembodied VA'ed line as to where it came from and about about what point in time. Now I see why the Land of Challenge had a certain... limitation put in place that was not evenly applied. It's kinda funny actually.

Getting back to the ending, let's face it, MyPy wasn't going to die (and observing at her breast, I could see why the third form I've seen mentioned has the name "Pneuma", it's written right there). Wind/Breath in Greek, the word from which we get pneumatics and pneumonia. How she returns... well no explanation is okay, since her death was a poor deception to knowing there HAD to be a happy ending from the start. Knowing she couldn't truly die made Rex's complaints earlier a bit boring, though of course he didn't know any better being in the game itself.

Although, I had made a light guess shown wrong that maybe Azurda was given a bit of MyPy's soul earlier. Imagine if Azurda then sacrificed himself later to have his flesh transformed into a new body for MyPy. It'd be a sacrifice, but old people are supposed to give themselves up for the younger generation in anime.

And yet, I was expecting in advance there might be an End of Blades, much as there was an End of Titans. It didn't happen. I don't know what would have necessitated an End to Blades, but I thought that as the Titans ceased, so the power of Blades would be necessary to do something to save the world and keep it alive. 

An End to Blades would have meant killing more than half the main heroes, Poppi not dying would be offset by the 2KO of MyPy and likely Nia and possibly even Zeke. Of course, a solution could have been worked out, just turn all Blades into non-parasitic biological or mechanical lifeforms. MyPy, Pandoria and Brigid would just become ordinary human beings, Aegaeon a XC1-esque Machina, Dromarch an ordinary white tiger (keep the capacity to talk though, just no Dual Rings or magical Driver-bonding, the water powers would be gone or greatly reduced). Flesh Eaters are already a step towards showing Blades can be non-symbiotic organisms. By becoming ordinary human girls, Mythra and Pyra could then produce Rex Jr. and Rex Jr., referred to as "Rex B" and "Rex R" respectively due to each inheriting their mother's hair color.

And I'll just end by again saying good ending, good game. I await Monolith's next project.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Man, as I'm moving over stuff to my new laptop, I'm somewhat surprised to see I have over 50K files to my name.

It's probably not a high as some own... but to me the number itself was still something to see.

@Interdimensional Observer

Spoiler

(stuff in bold will be my own thoughts and not part of the summary)

The 24-minute cutscene is the one with evil Azurda, yes. From there, it leads into a short scene with Rex, Pyra and Mythra in Fonsett. Pyra and Mythra are seperated in this cutscene. Unlike the previous visions, there isn't an evil version of Pyra and Mythra so it's a bit of relief. It's more lighter in tone (Mythra defends her bad cooking saying "carbon's good for you). The past visions took a toll on Rex though, as he breaks down while the Aegis girls confrot him. Scene ends with Pyra telling her "father" that he can stop now.

Scene then transitions to that room with Klaus. Klaus introduced himself and this is essentially the longest part. I'll be blunt, it is a big lore dump at the end of the game. Klaus starts by giving a bit of background info on what happened before the experiment and he explains that all that remained after were Morytha, the World Tree and half his body (the other half is Zanza but those that haven't played Xenoblade 1 wouldn't know that). He then explains that to atone for what he did, he decided to recreate the world. Using the Conduit's power, he created the Cloud Sea. The Cloud Sea is actually made up of what is essentially nanomachines whose purpose was to reconstruct the world. While that's going on, Klaus created the Core Crystals.

Core Crystals were originally a human creation from Klaus' era. What they were supposed to do is that they were essentially supposed to be brain cell replacements in an attempt to achieve immortality, something Klaus says has always been a goal of humanity. Those zombie-like creatures roaming around in Morytha are actually humans. Or rather, they used to be anyway. In a way, they were the earliest form of Blade Eaters. Anyways, Klaus repurposed the Core Crystals and threw thousands of them into the Cloud Sea. The Core Crystals bonded with the Cloud Sea and this lead to the first Titans. The Titans produced their own Core Crystals and they became the foundation of life.

Core Crystals weren't done though. Klaus was afraid that the new humanity would go down the same dark path that the old humanity did. So he created what he thought would be a failsafe: the Blades. The Blades would collect data and they would go through the life cycle you learned about earlier in the game and in Torna. The data the Blades collected would be sent to Logos and Pneuma. He also states there was a third Aegis: Ontos. Ontos, however, disapeared in a spatial distortion (don't remember the exact term but that was basically it). It is theorized by many that Ontos is actually Alvis.

However, despite everything he did, nothing could stop the inevitably of human conflict. Klaus saw this as his punishment from God (Klaus still maintans his religious beliefs after everything that's happened). By the way, when Klaus makes that remark, it confuses the fuck out of the party because from their point of view, Klaus is God. It's got some interesting implications for the future of Alrest. Imagine if someone met God and God said "i'm not God but someone else is". It would completley change religion. Anyways, because of the path humanity was heading again, Klaus did nothing when Amalthus stole Logos and Pneuma. He did nothing when Logos, awakened as Malos, wrecked havoc across the world. He felt that there was no point and it would've happened anyway. This is another example of Xeno's theme of rebirth. Xenogears had Fei and Elly continously reincarnating for 10,000 years. Xenosaga has the Eternal Recurrance, where the universe resets. Xenoblade 1 had Zanza talk about destroying and creating the world (whether or not he actually did this multiple times is up for debate). Xenoblade 2 has the idea that humanity is always fated to be in conflict and inevitably destroy itself. I guess Xenoblade X's version of this rebirth theme is the mimesomes. No one can actually die, they'll just wake up in a new mim.

Klaus then states that Rex's bond with Pyra and Mythra rekindled his hope in humanity. He also stops refering to the Aegis girls as "Pneuma" instead refering to them by whatever name you chose at the start of Ch.8. Klaus gives Pneuma full access to the Beanstalk's controls. And finally, the longest cutscene ends with the party leaving to fight Malos while Klaus hopes that he'll be able to see Galea again. 

I think that's everything.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Malos died essentially with the same logic he had since the game's beginning, and since Torna even. Destroy the wretched world. Considering he did have doubts of who he was earlier, this was perhaps a tad regressive. But he did develop since Torna through Jin's suffering it was stated. Development but remaining the same individual from beginning to end, is Rex much different in this regard? Is it flawed that Malos experienced no substantial changes in his end-goal? Calling Amalthus a not so bad Driver is a wee bit too nice for him.

The way i see it, though his endgoal is the same eventually, how he goes about it is different. In Torna, Malos is destroying the world because of instinct (but actually because of Amalthus' influence). But in Xenoblade 2, when Malos decides to destory the world, it's on his terms. But in a way, he does have a fundamental good within him. He genuianly cares not just Jin but the members of Torna in general. Just before the final battle, when Malos says Ahkos' name, you can hear in his voice a bit of sadness, since he know everyone in Torna is dead now.

As for Rex, his endgoal is similar. It's the same but how he's going about it is different. At the start, Rex wants to save the world because he wants to save everyone. But after his talk with Addam, Rex's mindset changes from "i'm doing it for everyone" to "i'm doing it for myself". He says as much in the final battle. He stops trying to be the hero and instead becomes someone who's saving the world not because it's the right thing to do but because he wants to do it.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Getting back to the ending, let's face it, MyPy wasn't going to die (and observing at her breast, I could see why the third form I've seen mentioned has the name "Pneuma", it's written right there). Wind/Breath in Greek, the word from which we get pneumatics and pneumonia. How she returns... well no explanation is okay, since her death was a poor deception to knowing there HAD to be a happy ending from the start. Knowing she couldn't truly die made Rex's complaints earlier a bit boring, though of course he didn't know any better being in the game itself.

That's my least favorite part of the ending. Some people say that Pyra and Mythra should've died as it would've made it more impactful and not a fakeout. I don't think Pyra and Mythra should've sacrificed themselves in the first place. Klaus warns the group that Pneuma's power will disapear when the Conduit does.....but yet doesn't tell them that losing the Conduit would cause the Beanstalk to collapse.

However, an analysis of the game's story that i really like does have a good explanation as to why this part of the ending turned out the way it does.

and now that that's out of the way, time for some more SPOILERY XENOBLADE STUFF

Spoiler

I feel like it's pretty obvious that at least part of the reason why XenoblaDE is a thing is to better tie in with Xenoblade 2's lore. It'll most likely confirm whether or not Alvis is Ontos and it's also good for people who started with Xenoblade 2. Before, people said to play 1 before 2 mainly so that the Ch.10 opening could be more impactful. However, with XenoblaDE, now people who started with 2 can play 1 and when the connection is made, they can go "hey, i understood that". Win-win for everyone.

You might recall a while ago that there was a model of Siren avaliable for purchase. The model came with some more lore on the Artifices. You can read it here. I believe you'll find it quite interesting.

Oh boy, more Xenoblade 2 discussion! For now I just have miscellaneous thoughts on the ending:

Spoiler

Between Torna and the main game, Malos's mindset shifted from "I want to destroy the world because humans are evil and dumb" (because Amalthus thinks that) to "I want to destroy the world for what it did to Jin." He's reasonably confident that the Aegises were created to destroy humanity; Pyra and Mythra deny it but they aren't fully convinced that he's wrong until the Architect's infodump. By the final battle, it also seems that some part of Malos wants Rex to stop him, to prove that humans are capable of changing and fixing their flaws. I think some of Malos's dialogue during the endgame makes more sense if you believe that he thinks of Jin as his real Driver.

As for "why did Pyra and Mythra need to sacrifice themselves," I think Takahashi wanted a dramatic conclusion after beating the final boss. I suppose the party could have taken the elevator down and walked home after defeating Aion, but...

This reminds me that I once wrote about Xenoblade 2 for a college assignment and I got an A on it. And people say video games never do anything for anyone.

I've realized recently that most of the games I'm looking forward to next year are remakes. There's Xenoblade Definitive Edition, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting. Maybe we'll get Diamond and Pearl remakes too. Animal Crossing will probably be good but I'm not fully hyped for it yet, and BotW2 probably won't release next year unless it's a December release.

But leaving next year aside, now's the time when I have to come up with games I want for Christmas. What Switch games released this year are worth getting? I think Three Houses is the only new game I got this year... I'm still considering Sword and Shield, and I knew they would sell as well as Pokémon games usually do but I'm surprised by how positive the general reception is.

Edited by Lightchao42

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Good luck to you! I imagine Crimson Flower on Maddening is even tougher than the other routes because

Reveal hidden contents

it's only 18 Chapters long as opposed to 22.

(The spoiler is there in case you didn't know that yet.)

The image of meek little Bernadetta punching people in the jawline is hilarious to me, by the way.

Of course I know about that (completed route before). 

I read a comment in which was said that CF is easiest route for being shortest. This is a hilarious "argument". 

Honestly I am sick of reading Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comments right now simply because I am still miffed about the disaster I had with my Pythra figurines.