The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey you, Pokemon. If you're gonna make cutscenes like this, idk, maybe give them voice acting?

This amusingly reminds me how they kinda did it right back in B2W2, with the DOGASU vocals in Roxie's GYM, even if it was just the building's BGM.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
Atelier Ryza genuianly has one of the best photo modes out there. There is so much customization you can do with it.

Nice, nice!

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This amusingly reminds me how they kinda did it right back in B2W2, with the DOGASU vocals in Roxie's GYM, even if it was just the building's BGM.

Ah, yes. Different arrangements of the standard gym music to fit the atmosphere and theme of each gym. I LOVED that.
Gone in X and Y. Just as many other great features come in one generation and are gone in another. Why? Because GameFreak is lazy as hell.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, yes. Different arrangements of the standard gym music to fit the atmosphere and theme of each gym. I LOVED that.

I deadass forgot they did that. I knew Roxie's gym theme was unique because it had vocals but i'm just now remembering that each gym had it's own theme. Looking it up, it's some nice tracks. Elesa's gym also had vocals.

I keep saying it but B2W2 really was the peak of Pokemon. Personalized gym themes and thus, best gym leader, best story (for mainline standards), best villain theme by a large mile. I'd say best post-game content too. Hell, best music. I'd say Gen 5 overall had the most bangers.

Edited by Armagon

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I deadass forgot they did that. I knew Roxie's gym theme was unique because it had vocals but i'm just now remembering that each gym had it's own theme. Looking it up, it's some nice tracks. Elesa's gym also had vocals.

I keep saying it but B2W2 really was the peak of Pokemon. Personalized gym themes and thus, best gym leader, best story (for mainline standards), best villain theme by a large mile. I'd say best post-game content too. Hell, best music. I'd say Gen 5 overall had the most bangers.

Agree, agree, agree, and agree some more, because all of this is the truth.
Best part is, Gen 5 wasn't even made by the "main" dev team, but the secondary one. Which would explain a lot.

Edited by DragonFlames

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd even go so far as to say it has the best Pokémon, too.

Me too, though that's perhaps a bit of a bias statement since Gen 5 is the Gen i started with. But even if i didn't, i'd still call Gen 5 the best Gen. We haven't had anything close to it since. Gen 7 came close but only in story, which was later underminded by USUM.

A mutal of mine has a good explanation of why Pokemon has gone downwhill since.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me too, though that's perhaps a bit of a bias statement since Gen 5 is the Gen i started with. But even if i didn't, i'd still call Gen 5 the best Gen. We haven't had anything close to it since. Gen 7 came close but only in story, which was later underminded by USUM.

A mutal of mine has a good explanation of why Pokemon has gone downwhill since.

You mutual hit the nail on the head, sadly.

Edited by DragonFlames

Saw a copy of Atelier Ryza for a 10 € discount on Amazon, but only one copy was left. 

When I logged in and clicked on the article, it was sold out. 

At least good to see that the game has a good demand, but not good for me.

I doubt to see a price drop of it next week since it is too recent. 

On the subject of Pokemon, Gen 5 is definitly the best Gen. But in the anime, Gen 5's anime was pretty dull. You know what wasn't though? Gen 6's anime. Gen 6's anime is the best Pokemon anime in my opinion.  Like

This is the best fight in the Pokemon anime. I have watched every episode and every season, except for the Gen 7 anime, i'm only like a third of the way through. Nothing so far has topped this fight. And yes, i posted the subbed version because the dubbed version just stripped this fight of all it's tension.

Anime-wise, my favorite season will forever be the Orange Island saga which culminated in the best Pokémon movie ever; the second one. The best Pokémon battle in the series also happens there. Then again, I haven't seen the Gen VI anime (and frankly, between the whole Mega Evolution business and Kalos being a massive disappointment in general, I don't really want to).

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Anime-wise, my favorite season will forever be the Orange Island saga which culminated in the best Pokémon movie ever; the second one. The best Pokémon battle in the series also happens there. Then again, I haven't seen the Gen VI anime (and frankly, between the whole Mega Evolution business and Kalos being a massive disappointment in general, I don't really want to).

Kalos was way more interesting in the anime than the games. The difference is night and day. Besides, i tend to judge the Pokemon anime on it's own terms because like i said before, Gen 5 is the best Gen but it's anime is super dull (and it didn't help that it came right after the Gen 4 anime which was pretty good).

But in terms of movies, the best Pokemon movie is the Darkari one. 

ResetEra now has the narrative that gamefreak are poor little babies who are oppressed by the evil corporate and receiving uneeded scrutiny from angry nerds, who in the end won't affect sales in any way.

if you dare imply they're incompetent, they tell you you don't really know how game developing work and other bullshit like that.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But in terms of movies, the best Pokemon movie is the Darkari one. 

The irony is that the Darkrai movie reused a major plot device from the second one: the song to calm the fighting legends.
But yeah, the Darkrai movie was awesome. That's for sure.

---

In other news, Google Stadia seems to be a failure.
And no one was surprised.

---

And in other other news, I started a Blue Lions playthrough as female Byleth (which is also my first time playing as female Byleth in general) and aside from the fact I'm getting majorly Speed screwed... holy sh** Sylvain, keep it in your f***ing pants.

Got back to 7th Dragon 2020-II.

The Shuto Seaspire dungeon had a psychological horror moment in it, but the music was scarier than the actual horror.

Spoiler

Apparently the dragons were sending radiation that was penetrating the minds of Unit 13 to make them die of hallucinations, they were saved only because Emel, killed earlier when she confronted Fomalhaut, somehow appeared as a ghost (not unreasonable being she is an aggregate of hate- and she can't truly die yet since the DS original 7th Dragon has her alive in it and that is set in the future) to bring Unit 13 back to a higher elevation where the radiation wasn't so strong. And it seems she might have permanently cured them, or Kirino and the Navis did that.

The 7th Imperial Dragon Insomnia was one terrible boss- hello turn 2 partywide insta-death! Yeah, I needed a second try, and even then, I forget why, it still didn't go down easily. I recall it had a second ailment in tow.

The first half of the final dungeon, Tokyo Skytower, was not very tough. Its dragons were weak and the midboss at its top the Fomalhaut Crest had waaaay too little HP.

Spoiler

Then Fomalhaut opens a teleport beam into spaaaaace! Nyala did the same thing (albeit with stairs) in 2020, but this time the heroes were able to stay in communicative contact with HQ. The dragons were significantly stronger here, the Blind Dragons being the worst, though I still managed to shoot and punch all of them dead. 

Got to the point right before Fomalhaut where a gate to return to the Diet Building was conveniently placed to tell me the final battle was all that remained. I returned, bought all the healing items I could, spent some SP, and then healed up in the form of a visit to the Lounge for a silly "insert your own fantasy" wordless and visuals-free moment with best NPC boy Keima.😙

Then I went to Fomalhaut himself. He had two-three phases. It's technically three, but the third is just a severely weakened Fomalhaut- you'd have to force yourself to lose, I killed him in two Ex Skills I had left over.

Phase one I don't really know that much about, other than Fomalhaut being able to inflict Curse and this form not having having too much HP. The thing was that the best Knuckles for my Destroyer have a chance of inflicting Paralysis with every attack, and a Counter Stance hit on turn 1 meant Fomalhaut did next to nothing other than some basic attacks before he lost.

Now in Phase One, Fomalhaut looked as he did earlier in the game:

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-II-2019-10-12-17-27-43.p

But after phase one, Fomalhaut decides to show you his true form. He opens his mouth and exhales a big purple-red-black ball of evil gas, as this happens, his body turns to stone and disappears, with a new body manifesting from the dark sphere.

This is the real Fomalhaut:

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-II-2019-11-20-14-52-57.p

A serpentine body adorned with four wings. More prismatic than Nyala, but of a similar design you could say.

True Form Fomalhaut took me two tries, losing lets you restart without having to refight phase one. But, you cannot rearm yourself, which bad, because you really want to prep your two accessory slots for this fight. Why?

Spoiler

Fomalhaut has a partywide skill that has a very high likelihood of inflicting Confuse and Freeze (I think it was called Prismatic Gleam?). Fomalhaut has a Curse inflicting skill too, which is deadly for your damage dealers. Fomalhaut can apply Curse React, to give itself extra turns when it inflicts Curse, this isn't as bad as Nyala's Killing React in 2020, but it's still a threat.

Since you only have two accessory slots, with a limited supply of 100% mitigating Cuts and the Guards giving 50% blockage, three ailments is a problem. At most, you make someone 100% resistant to two, and everyone else has to settle for 100% immunity to one, with maybe 50% immunity in a second ailment. For prioritizing, I would block out Confuse, since you can't control your characters at all, which is bad when you want every able hand possible on every turn. Curse you'll just have to deal with, Freeze is pretty nonthreatening.

When Fomalhaut uses Omens of Ruin, its buffing itself to use its signature attack on the next turn. That attack is Blackspear Fomalhaut, a blast of very deadly energy. I should have had everyone Defend knowing this was coming, but instead I used my Idol's Defense Beat, which greatly lowers all damage taken and dealt for one turn. I used my Destroyer's partywide Parry Shield too, but that only covers physical damage, and I think it Blackspear Fomalhaut is actually magical. I was taking about ~150 damage on everyone this way, my characters had their best armor, were in the 78 level range, and had high 200s-low 300s in HP thanks to Life Bonus investment.

Even though it was less than an hour ago, I'm forgetting what it exactly was, but End Breath is another, weaker partywide attack of Fomalhaut, as is something like "Black Gale".

I sincerely thought I'd have to go back and rearm for Confuse prevention, that I won on my stubborn second attempt with only the 55% all ailments reduction Kingsguard on my Destroyer, I chalk entirely up to luck. My Destroyer was able to avoid ailments altogether if it used Fiend Shifter (Anti-Ailment in Code: VFD), which raised its ailment resistance to immunity and let it deal a counterpunch on every attempted ailment attack Fomalhaut put out. This said, there were plenty of times when one or both of my Idol and Trickster were Confused, leaving me shortchanged and rather thankful that Fomalhaut was being merciful in its moves on those turns. Fiend Shifter was my primary damage source, due to those debilitated allies and needing to constantly heal, but my Trickster did deal the final blow with its stronger EX Skill and a rare Rush Shot too.

Thus, with Fomalhaut slain, so 7th Dragon 2020-II came to its end. I'll maybe get to the bonus dungeon and boss later.

The 2020 7th Dragon duo was fun for me, I like class systems and mild dungeon crawling, so the games were good. Not the greatest titles by any stretch of the imagination, but they were comforting fun in a way.

latest?cb=20181019174126

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Chose to compact some of the post in spoilers boxes.

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

Seeing people dismissing criticisms of Sword/Shield and calling people criticizing gamefreak haters makes me legit depressed.

Don't forget the people dismissing criticism as "oh that's because they hacked the game, it's not supposed to be like that".

Well, I read Tiki's been stated to be Sessions-only too. *Sigh* Barry, middle-aged admirer of sweet and innocent girls, is 98% certain now to be another Sessions-only contributor if they didn't bother mustering the resources to make TIKI! fully playable.

So sorry, I like you TMS when many others spurn you (not for bad reasons), but I won't go back in, not now, only if there was a really very good unbelievably awesome sale. Just know I will spiritually give you my S rank.

Speaking of a vibrant Tokyo entertainment industry, this makes me smile:

The music changes for the Idol Exhaust Skills ingame, it's just been overridden here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, I read Tiki's been stated to be Sessions-only too. *Sigh* Barry, middle-aged admirer of sweet and innocent girls, is 98% certain now to be another Sessions-only contributor if they didn't bother mustering the resources to make TIKI! fully playable.

So sorry, I like you TMS when many others spurn you (not for bad reasons), but I won't go back in, not now, only if there was a really very good unbelievably awesome sale. Just know I will spiritually give you my S rank.

After knowing doing things to cut down costs for the port, it doesn't surprise me to know the entire trio to just be sessions-only.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, Lysithea said:

Bernadetta is literally the worst archer I have ever had to deal with, and that says someone who does not like this class for the most. Her strength and speed are ridiculously low. I mean it quite fits to her character. She is truly a joke character. If I had not needed her for her paralogue, I would have killed her off already. 

Then again Black Eagles is the weakest party overall. Edelgard and Petra are solid. The rest is meh at best.  

My Maddening mode Bernadetta has high skill/speed and bad everything else. But really the only “bad” BE unit I have is Ferdinand since he’s too damn slow (why do Cavaliers suck)

Ignatz is surprisingly awesome and fun to use as a support unit since he can get multiple rallies/Poison Strike/Seal Strength/Break Shot/Ward Arrow really easily