The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Oh, so more arguments on the Three Houses characters?

Well, I haven't played Maddening... hardest difficulty I've played was Lunatic on Warriors... but that's an entirely different story.
I'm just not the best of the best FE players, but who can blame me when I only have three actual FE games (Birthright, Revelation, Three Houses)?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you want to see some Skell animations, see this 3-minute video featuring all the Skell superweapons. This is the best I can find, cool non-superweapons Skells can use don't have any dedicated videos, and even this vid has a few minor camera problems.:

Man, i know the general consensus is that on-foot combat is better than Skell combat but Skell Art animations are really fucking cool. Hopefully Xenoblade X2 makes Skell combat more practical.

Man, how I wish that the rest of the Alpha games were on the PSN. It's so bad to only have half the tetra-logy.

On the other hand...

I know what this music means in Alpha 3... sealed seishins and GHOST X-9'S!!! Those little pests... probably on par with Aura Battlers...

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, i know the general consensus is that on-foot combat is better than Skell combat but Skell Art animations are really fucking cool. Hopefully Xenoblade X2 makes Skell combat more practical.

And I want more awesome melee superweapons! Too many of them are presently ranged, even if I like them too and would want more.

1. I order the Wrothians to invent for me Wrathful God Fists that are a 1-to-1 recreation of a Weltall Deathblow or two, like Kishin.
  2. I will then start a bidding war for rights to construct Andvari twin whips.
  3. Somebody else has to make things that fit on the shoulders but act like Crescens head-wings too.
  4. But no, I don't want Fenrir's sword, I want the Mechonis's sword- performing one great big swing akin to that which ends the opening clash of giants.
  5. A giant hand gun is technically no different from a giant rifle, but Jessiecannon minus the copilot would be a good reference.
  6. And a dual guns superweapon would be different as well. For Billy and the Ranmazuo!
  7. I forgot the Thor Wave hadoken! We need that.
  8. I don't think we need not-Aerods or not-Shining Arrow though, since the Dragoon Lance looks similar (Beam attribute even fits with Mythra's Light). I wouldn't say no to either though, there is always room for creativity, like having the not-Aerods shoot the target enemy from all directions and not just above.
  9. Oh, and Poppibuster Shield-Hammer! The Nopon must manufacture something Skell!
  10. Would Yggdrasil "Depth Charges" be possible if they launched from the backside or shoulders and flew up before contacting the enemy?
  11. Because Dual Rings pity in XC2, and we already have Chakrams as Hand weapons, could we get a superweapon version? Or one really big ring instead of two smaller ones.
  12. Last idea to dawn on me before I post this- a spear like the kind used by the Mechon that one time.
  13. Nope! Yet another, a Wrothian naginata. I forget what their Skells actually used.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I hope that, in the unlikely sceneario where Xenogears gets remade, that the Christmas scene gets expanded upon. It's not really part of the story and you could totally miss it but having the Zeboim era of Xenogears expanded upon even just a bit more would be nice, especially since we're never getting Xenogears Episode 3.

I forgot to reply to this earlier.

But of course I'd take more Zeboim. I really liked the flashback, it was touching, and I still get teary thinking on the moment you see Kim and Elly looking at the finished Emeralda, the child they couldn't have naturally. We know how Zeboim ended, environmental collapse and maybe war, but more can always be done, like showing the prime minister at her machinations. The Lighthouse dungeon overall looks nice, it wouldn't be anything unusual to Xeno now with NLA and 

Spoiler

the Land of Morytha

but it'd still be good to see again.

"Seeing again" defines Xenogears as a whole though. It'd be nice to see even that darnedest crucifixion scene again. A remake, with Takahashi given a non-stressful job at the helm to keep it on track with the original's spirit, would be absolutely glorious. We could have all of Disc 2 fixed. We could get more stuff to flesh out all the characters more. And I especially feel bad for poor Rico, he never got his character arc finished. When Bart goes to get that that five-second Yggdrasil mecha, we need a new, short dungeon where Rico confronts Kaiser Sigismund. More from there I haven't a clue, but thats how I'd restart his arc.

Gameplay would need fixes too, to make it a more complex and entertaining sidecar to the motorbike called the plot. Though we can't copy Xenoblade here I'd say, and Xenoblade's open world/open world-ishness is entirely incompatible with Xenogears. Not sure what exactly to do.

Back to Zeboim, would making the flashback interactive for part of it be a detriment? Like being able to have Kim walk in the restaurant or Times Square? Can't fight, can't do anything but walk and talk, but talking to some Zeboim NPCs to get their thoughts on the times as they lived through it could be effective. Just make speaking with Elly the lone objective for those who didn't want to babble with the NPCs.

Not sure if we could how much more of an actual dungeon we could make out of the Zeboim ruins, but more endgame dungeons would be appreciated. Maybe give everyone barring Elly and Chuchu a "character dungeon". An easy answer would make ruins of an old place formerly associated with a character into a dungeon- Bledavik for Bart, Citan can have Lahan or Solaris, an expanded Lighthouse fills the role for Emeralda.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A remake, with Takahashi given a non-stressful job at the helm to keep it on track with the original's spirit, would be absolutely glorious.

Takahashi leading the charge with a Xenogears remake is definitly the #1 priority if this were to happen. Even if Square Enix were to keep the rights, i hope they get a lot of input from Takahashi and letting him take control. This would likely lead to the Xenogears remake being exclusive to Nintendo, since Monolith Soft is involved. Just like how the Project X Zone games were Nintendo exclusive.

My biggest fear with a Xenogears remake is that Square Enix puts Nomura in charge. That would actually be the worst timeline. I don't trust Nomura with anything that isn't character design.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gameplay would need fixes too, to make it a more complex and entertaining sidecar to the motorbike called the plot. Though we can't copy Xenoblade here I'd say, and Xenoblade's open world/open world-ishness is entirely incompatible with Xenogears. Not sure what exactly to do.

My suggestion is that the on-foot combat is kept and improved while the Gear combat takes a more action approach. It'd be similar to Xenoblade's combat system. Gear combat in Xenogears wasn't very good (and Xeno in general didn't really have good mech battles until Xenosaga Episode III) but having a different style of combat for the Gears keeps things fresh.

Ideally, random encounters should be gotten rid of too. Xenosaga I and III didn't have them (II did) and obviously the Xenoblade games don't have them either. Combat in the Xenogears remake would still take place in a different screen though, including the Gear combat, to keep things consistent. It'd be like Tales in that sense, where despite being an action RPG, combat takes place in a different screen.

Back to Zeboim, would making the flashback interactive for part of it be a detriment? Like being able to have Kim walk in the restaurant or Times Square? Can't fight, can't do anything but walk and talk, but talking to some Zeboim NPCs to get their thoughts on the times as they lived through it could be effective. Just make speaking with Elly the lone objective for those who didn't want to babble with the NPCs.

I think that comes down to the pacing. The original event was optional so it probably wouldn't be an issue. But for consistency, i don't think it should be interactable. Because if you make that scene interactable, then all the Episode 1 through 4 stuff also has to be made interactable. 

I think the better option would be to have diaries scattered throughout Zeboim. That way, you can still learn what the people of Zeboim lived like.

This is the most underrated song in the Xenoblade series. Probably because it's used on a menu you'll spend like 5 seconds on and yeah, i know it shows up in some cutscenes but the song is still rarely talked about. Which is a shame because this is one of Xenoblade X's top three songs.

Edited by Armagon

This is a perfect player phase level up. 

I had a similar blessed Lys in my GD maddening run. She had the strength not to suffer speed penalty from each tome and the speed to double. She could even double the final boss (with buffs) which was hilarious since it has 39 speed. 

A speedy Lysithea can also dodgetank. She did surprisingly very well against the beasts in Marianne's paralogue unlike a certain other (adorable) mage. 

Well, next Monarch's Journey challenge was a set-up in difficulty, alright. I so don't like "Have X children" challenges. Specially when anyone can die at any time. More so the character, who can die at 40 for "Poor Health" despite not having any sickness traits... thankfully it was the one time!

Too bad this one can't just be rushed. One goal is to get 15K dynasty score for the gold rank. Made it halfway there with the starting character, got the other two challenges done, so I'll call it a day for now.

31 minutes ago, Starman said:

Help if you can.
Please wake me up.
Not to sound cliche...
But this world sucks!

So close it's a voice I'm hearing
Overwhelms me, Can't stop bleeding
Show me ........ in the fog
How many times you gotta kill your friends?
How do you feel you gotta shoot their head?
Just like the endless war
WAR……

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

So close it's a voice I'm hearing
Overwhelms me, Can't stop bleeding
Show me ........ in the fog
How many times you gotta kill your friends?
How do you feel you gotta shoot their head?
Just like the endless war
WAR……

How do I know?
This goddamn stuff is all around
How can I get out?
This nightmare I've got to escape
Just screaming
You hear them over and over
You will get running
So we can find the way to get out

IMG-1740.jpg

Can they alter wedding dresses? (I'm iffy on if this is a reference.)

After XC2, I think we have a solution for the Commercial District's absence of actual shopping for the player- adding Pouch Items. That'd do a lot of good. And it'll all be in one geographic area, no need to quick travel more than once.

A list of the businesses in the Commercial District:

Spoiler
  1. Laban's Tailor Shop
  2. Eizz Loft
  3. Smile Pizza Kitchen
  4. Italian Restorante L'eroe
  5. Bear & Whiskey Liquor
  6. Ritz & Siegfried Bar & Grill
  7. Isyqua
  8. Cosmo Burger
  9. ------ Planet New Los Angeles (I can't make out the first word)
  10. Star Cafe Fresh Roasted Coffee
  11. Ginevra
  12. Relojero
  13. BW Salon
  14. Sarah's Market
  15. Green Crown Trading
  16. Red Hamster Toys Importer & Wholesaler (WHERE DO YOU IMPORT FROM? WE'RE STUCK ON MIRA!)
  17. Ruby Flower Co. Importer & Wholesaler
  18. Dolly Import Inc. Importer & Wholesaler
  19. Ultramarine Gift Co.
  20. Rainbow Star Toys
  21. Sally Baxter Cafe
  22. Rosemoss Restaurant
  23. Bakery & Cafe (how generic a name) 
  24. Four Stars & Rose Inc.
  25. Geble Cafe & Bar
  26. NLA Food Market
  27. Co-Op NLA
  28. Baked Bennett Goods
  29. Moore's Cafe
  30. Due Coni! Gelateria
  31. Blue Pocket Cafe
  32. Zalia Cafe
  33. Mall Cruz
  34. Ewen Lewis
  35. Sunshine Cafe
  36. Lincoln Baker Coffee
  37. Army Pizza
  38. Grocery Outlets
  39. Ikaros
  40. Repenta Diner Bar & Grill (which is actually in the Industrial District, probably to feed the hungry workers)
  1. HPG (a brand marked on some trucks)
  2. Axion Inc (another truck brand, found on containers too)
  3. Redshift Transport (a third truck-marked brand)
  4. Galactic Parking
  5. NLA Auto Parks

Needs fewer cafes and more other things for true Pouch Item variety. But some empty stores and many others with a "for sale" sign on them could fix that. 

And while I was doing this, I overheard from passing by speech bubbles:

• That Prone take five years to reach full physical maturity, with the Affinity Chart suggesting a maximum lifespan of ~70 years.
  • The name of the Prone home planet is Tormein.
  • The evidence of long lost cultures on in every region suggests each a separate lost civilization, not a singular ancient Miran one (not that humans can truly know at this point).
  • The Nopon birth rate has been declining lately, no reason given.
  • Candid & Credible and Orphean Technologies attempted a collaboration project, cancelled because neither side listened to the other.
  • Ordinary people too notice the mysterious power of Mira to make all the different aliens and humans understand each other communicatively.

----

Had a nice day, a trip to the airport isn't so bad when preceded by: a dose of fine art, a pinch of classical music, a stomach of ribeye steak on a sesame seeded bun with cheese whiz and onions, plus a few fries and a cookies & cream milkshake, three cookies (two chocolate chip and one snickerdoodle) much later, and a little Christmas spirit -albeit not as much desired b/c time crunch to the airport.

Cheese whiz is only okay though, it has a certain... kick? twang? sauciness? -I can't explain what exactly. It's good on the first few bites, but later, ehhhh I regretted picking that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

How do I know?
This goddamn stuff is all around
How can I get out?
This nightmare I've got to escape
Just screaming
You hear them over and over
You will get running
So we can find the way to get out

We're stuck on a different planet
A lot more than we can manage
But we gotta keep on standing
Just want live in peace yet
Black tar's gonna keep us restless
Running just to own our own breaths
Running just to keep our own breaths

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After XC2, I think we have a solution for the Commercial District's absence of actual shopping for the player- adding Pouch Items.

Can we have these in XenoblaDE as well? I know Skill Trees are a thing but i was thinking some of the more passive stuff having their own category instead of just taking up Gem space. So for example, Quick Step gems are now a Pouch Item or a permanent passive like they are in Alrest.

The evidence of long lost cultures on in every region suggests each a separate lost civilization, not a singular ancient Miran one (not that humans can truly know at this point).

Well, they'd all still be ancient Mirans. Just different types of ancient Mirans. 

The Nopon birth rate has been declining lately, no reason given.

Japan's declining birthrate.

Two years ago today (in Japan), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 released, my current favorite game of all time. At 476 hours of play time, it is also my longest played game. Here's a few scenic screenshots i took to celebrate.

EKqkvb8U4AAHVV8?format=jpg&name=large

EKqkvb9UwAAMNSR?format=jpg&name=large

EKqkvb9VUAA3n4l?format=jpg&name=large

EKqkvcBVUAARWyg?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlJsDUwAAoCTu?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlJsXU4AABcWy?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlJsTU4AEqz7f?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlJsIVUAAudvU?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlxQlUEAAm4AV?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlxQiVAAE_W1Q?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlxQZUYAE2l3L?format=jpg&name=large

EKqlxQmU4AEzQ38?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmDWfUEAAis8X?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmDWoUwAMp0Rs?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmDWcUUAEh72r?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmDWNUUAAmz7z?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmRrRUwAIE7gN?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmRrZU0AUv1Hw?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmRruU8AAypMJ?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmRreU0AA8mKL?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmhyhVAAAsFse?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmhzNU0AAMjsB?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmhytU0AUPfl1?format=jpg&name=large

EKqmhy4U4AAH7Dc?format=jpg&name=large

Yes, this is a few.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Running just to own our own breaths
Running just to keep our own breaths

People are dripping black tar
It's taken a ship down so far
Don't wanna lose hope
But here we are
Wishing to see the sunrise
But the sun doesn't rise in this sky
Black Tar covers most eyes

*Jumps, poses, and drops mic, with the visible back of my shirt "Reading to be continued?"*

The question has just popped in my head as whether the divisive Sawano will return to compose X2, with some kind of "Black Tar 2". I'm not in the mind for having Kiyota + Ace+ compose X2, to keep XC and XCX separate in another way, and to give them a break to rest their creativity.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Two years ago today (in Japan), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 released, my current favorite game of all time. At 476 hours of play time, it is also my longest played game. Here's a few scenic screenshots i took to celebrate.

EKqkvb8U4AAHVV8?format=jpg&name=large

EKqkvb9UwAAMNSR?format=jpg&name=large

EKqkvb9VUAA3n4l?format=jpg&name=large

EKqkvcBVUAARWyg?format=jpg&name=large

Leftheria is beautiful. But I don't recall spending a whole lot of time there. By contrast, I felt like I spent too long in Uraya, even if it was still good. And of course, Mor Ardain was underused, and what time was had there, involved a lot in that bland abandoned warehouse. Alba Cavanich is probably the best city in the game though, but all of them have their positives.

But speaking of Leftheria, the bridges between Titans are like walking on clouds, except...

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2019-11-30-at-11-10-58-PM.pnScreen-Shot-2019-11-30-at-11-14-50-PM.pn

Monolith already did that.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer