• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see if you're on desktop, i have changed my title because THE WIND BLOWS HARD IN DECEMBER, THE LAST FIGHT TO REMEMBER, COUNTING THE DAYS SINCE WE LEFT, YOU AND I SLIPPING AWAY!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The question has just popped in my head as whether the divisive Sawano will return to compose X2, with some kind of "Black Tar 2".

I will genuianly be upset if Sawano does not return to compose for Xenoblade X2. I think the only reason he was divissive is because people were just not expecting his kind of music to be in a Xenoblade game. Sawano's music fits Xenoblade X so well (even if not all of it is good, looking at you NLA theme) and he's got a good track record in the anime industry. His work on Promare was so hype.

Leftheria is beautiful. But I don't recall spending a whole lot of time there. By contrast, I felt like I spent too long in Uraya, even if it was still good. And of course, Mor Ardain was underused, and what time was had there, involved a lot in that bland abandoned warehouse. Alba Cavanich is probably the best city in the game though, but all of them have their positives.

Yeah, Leftheria is kinda weak a bit in the exploration aspect. I've always described it as a better Eryth Sea but thinking about it, both of them are kinda weak as far as actually exploring the area (with Eryth being worse due to all it's teleporters). Both are really good areas aesthetically tho.

I think Mor Ardain's problem is that the explorable area is limited to the Titan's left shoulder. An NPC mentions a mining town on the right shoulder and i think it would've been good to have both shoulders be explorabale. That said, it still has the best area theme in the series. And agreed on Alba Cavanich being the best city, though Theosoir is a close second.

But speaking of Leftheria, the bridges between Titans are like walking on clouds, except..

Ah yes, that area. I think that's as far as i've gotten. I solved the overflow problem but then the empire came and i'm currently on the run again.

Speaking of Baten Kaitos areas, is it me or are they too narrow.? It's nearly impossible to avoid enemies.

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

Speaking of Xenoblade 2's birthday. 

First happy second birthday, you are a fantastic game! 

Second happy first birthday on my Switch. Downloaded it exactly one year ago. I have not regretted it. It is my favorite game for Switch tied with Three Houses

Fun fact, originally i was gonna get the game physically. But then i learned of the midnight digital release and i canceled my pre-order so i could pre-load instead. 

Edited by Armagon

I picked the digital version because there was a 1/3 discount on Black Week (as this year btw). 

I would like to buy more physical copies, but my wallet prefers digital. 

It is a bit sad that only two of my like dozen of Switch games are physical (Smash Ultimate + Tales of Vesperia). 

Having games in my cupboard gave me a nostalgic feeling.

5 hours ago, Zemuria said:

It is a bit sad that only two of my like dozen of Switch games are physical (Smash Ultimate + Tales of Vesperia). 

That's literally me, i also only have two physical games. Breath of the Wild and Smash Ultimate.

However, i made the jump to digital long ago. It's perfect for the Switch.

I have to admit compared to 3DS, (more) Switch games are obtainable for a discount. I hardly saw special sales aside of one by Atlus where I bought Shin Megami Tensei IV. Every other game was physical. As for my PS3 it is about 50:50. And for the PS4 I only own a physical copy of Trails of Cold Steel IV and Fifa 2020 (was part of my PS4 set) of overall seven games. Digital copies save me time and especially money.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Baten Kaitos areas, is it me or are they too narrow.? It's nearly impossible to avoid enemies.

Thinking back on that, I can definitely see it being the case. And finding a rare Escape card somewhere in one of your three decks (Lyude should have one in his deck when he gets to joining sometime relatively soon), yeah, the problem exists.  

And just as a reminder, the droopy bird enemies in this area drop a Constellation fragment (it's always them and the bats that do), so be sure to get it.

Did ya get the next class rank up item for Xelha by the way? Floating the Thunderfish Head down the river until it comes to a stop? Just checking. If you missed it, I'm not so sure, it might be possible when you've cleared up the troubles in Sheliak to back and get it. Or at least before departing for the third island.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

And agreed on Alba Cavanich being the best city, though Theosoir is a close second.

Theosoir has the look of a Himalayan monastery or the like, so I agree with it being a close second. Does the music there have actual lyrics by the way?

I'd then say Argentum is third. Fonsa Myma is fourth b/c northern European architecture that made it feel like a fantasy castle town. Torigoth for fifth. Fonsett is sixth. Garfront is getting seventh last b/c Merc Missions and one annoying quest in it took me forever to solve. And Indol is dead last.

But overall, the towns of XC2 are significantly improved from XC1, where Colony 9 was the only true great town. Frontier Village had its traversing issues (and Argentum feels like a better Frontier), Alcamoth was restricted to the grand plaza of the city and a dull palace. Colony 6 was cramped in area, but I liked the development aspect of it that turns it into a diverse place- it's good, but only with effort. And the other place was small, not bad, but small.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think Mor Ardain's problem is that the explorable area is limited to the Titan's left shoulder. An NPC mentions a mining town on the right shoulder and i think it would've been good to have both shoulders be explorabale. That said, it still has the best area theme in the series.

As long as the mines are no Ether Mines, I'd have that. But we know right shoulders are verboten until early next year.

And, not to speak ill of Oblivia, but I wish I could retroactively play Mor Ardain's music over its theme. Oblivia's music is good, perhaps a tad more suited for the region since it has a hint of wildness to it. But, overall, even if Mor Ardain's music was made with active industrialism present that isn't found in Oblivia (yet you still have dead mechanical ruins), it is still superior to Oblivia's.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I will genuianly be upset if Sawano does not return to compose for Xenoblade X2. I think the only reason he was divissive is because people were just not expecting his kind of music to be in a Xenoblade game. Sawano's music fits Xenoblade X so well (even if not all of it is good, looking at you NLA theme) and he's got a good track record in the anime industry. His work on Promare was so hype.

Agreed that I can't quite see X being without his musical style now. Not quite perfect, but a few tweaks and its all good.

NLA's theme........... can I say it fits okay? Running around the Commercial District, the sound of an electric car passing by, and considering this is representative of SoCal, the instrumentation works, it's the vocals that kills it.

An instrumental vs. lyrical option in the options menu would mean recording a bit more music, but I think it'd be an appreciated touch.

9 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Having games in my cupboard gave me a nostalgic feeling.

I've been trying to stay physical, only getting one game on sale digital that I could've gotten physical. But, the allure of having all my games freely accessible at any time no need for a minute of swapping them in and out, is tempting.

Did ya get the next class rank up item for Xelha by the way? Floating the Thunderfish Head down the river until it comes to a stop? Just checking. If you missed it, I'm not so sure, it might be possible when you've cleared up the troubles in Sheliak to back and get it. Or at least before departing for the third island.

Yes, i did do that. I also class up'd Kalas as well.

Does the music there have actual lyrics by the way?

Yes. They even did an actual music video for it.

Specifically, this is the night theme for Theosoir. But the day theme, as well as Indol's day and night themes also have actual lyrics.

Torigoth for fifth. Fonsett is sixth.

I'd personally swap these around. Torigoth is bigger but i quite like the tranquility of Fonsett. It also helps that i prefe Leftheria's aesthetic over Gormott's. Also the fact that Torigoth lags.

But overall, the towns of XC2 are significantly improved from XC1, where Colony 9 was the only true great town. Frontier Village had its traversing issues (and Argentum feels like a better Frontier), Alcamoth was restricted to the grand plaza of the city and a dull palace. Colony 6 was cramped in area, but I liked the development aspect of it that turns it into a diverse place- it's good, but only with effort. And the other place was small, not bad, but small.

This is very true. It also didn't help that there weren't many landmarks in Alcamoth so getting around the place quickly was bothersome. I would've liked it if you could visit the residential areas of the place.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Winning... STRIKE!

You fool! You've activated my trap card

20191130_192650.jpg

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Specifically, this is the night theme for Theosoir. But the day theme, as well as Indol's day and night themes also have actual lyrics.

A little weird they'd assemble a video like this, but still not as weird and Zeke and his father. How are the two related? I don't see the family resemblance. During the ending, I hadn't seen the Tantal king in so long, I thought they had flipped to show Uraya until they showed Queen Raqura.

I do like the music of Theosoir though, it suits the setting.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd personally swap these around. Torigoth is bigger but i quite like the tranquility of Fonsett. It also helps that i prefe Leftheria's aesthetic over Gormott's.

Understandable, I was going back and forth on where to put Torigoth. 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is very true. It also didn't help that there weren't many landmarks in Alcamoth so getting around the place quickly was bothersome. I would've liked it if you could visit the residential areas of the place.

This reminds me, how are they going to address that odd village on the Bionis's Right Shoulder? The houses were too small for humans, but didn't look Noponese. And the one big house appeared as thought a giant could live there, but will they seriously consider adding one survivor to the race? Or will it be empty with residents saying "here once lived a giant now long gone"?

Has the footage so far glanced at the village at all? If it hasn't, I could see them scrapping every old building with a more normal settlement. But why would it be Homs? I got the impression that barring whoever is procreating the Half-High Entia, that not many Homs go to the upper reaches of Bionis. A colony on the Right Shoulder would contradict that. Are we looking at a Nopon town then?

-----

Screen-Shot-2019-12-01-at-1-20-21-PM.png

Sky Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

What a useless, repetitive glitch. But it looks cool.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Has the footage so far glanced at the village at all? If it hasn't, I could see them scrapping every old building with a more normal settlement. But why would it be Homs? I got the impression that barring whoever is procreating the Half-High Entia, that not many Homs go to the upper reaches of Bionis. A colony on the Right Shoulder would contradict that. Are we looking at a Nopon town then?

Nope. But Alcamoth can be seen from it. And regarding your point about the Homs, i actually think this village could be a Homs colony after all. The Homs in the lower parts of the Bionis thought the High Entia were a myth.....and yet, Half-High Entia are a thing. It's likely that this village on the Bionis Shoulder could be that. I don't know what the original intended purpose could be but i think this is the way now.

I finally finished Atelier Ryza. I wrote my review.

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

So close it's a voice I'm hearing
Overwhelms me, Can't stop bleeding
Show me ........ in the fog
How many times you gotta kill your friends?
How do you feel you gotta shoot their head?
Just like the endless war
WAR……

WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET

A LOT MORE THAN WE CAN MANAGE

BUT WE GOTTA KEEP ON STANDING

(i know thats not next but i just want that part)

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

Damn, importing non videogames is hell of expensive. For my next year's cosplay costume the shipping taxes and duty cost as much as the costume with wig. Being a pretty pretty princess for one or two days has its price. 

Wait, so you're paying double the price? What kind of costume is and from where you're importing to be that high?

Y'all wanna see some positive RNG f***ery?

1) Fast Dedue. Cuz' why not?JklUY7A.jpg

2) Tanky healer is tanky.
Mercedes, at this point, has more Defense than Byleth, Dimitri, Sylvain, and Ingrid. On the same level. Yeah.
DUXKesH.jpg

Bonus stuff:
Dedue Doubles Dumb Dastards (who wield Iron Bows, but this is in brackets because otherwise it ruins the alliteration joke I set up).
UACyjIt.jpg

And Annette is a bad unit, you guys. Totally awful. Unusable, even!
PnDj3VW.jpg

Did I mention I love the Blue Lions?

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nope. But Alcamoth can be seen from it. And regarding your point about the Homs, i actually think this village could be a Homs colony after all. The Homs in the lower parts of the Bionis thought the High Entia were a myth.....and yet, Half-High Entia are a thing. It's likely that this village on the Bionis Shoulder could be that. I don't know what the original intended purpose could be but i think this is the way now.

The terrain of the Shoulder is very much like that of the two Colonies, so it would be feasible that Homs are drawn to this kind of environment. I don't mind the notion of a Homs community isolated from the rest, so much so the others might have forgotten it and that it wasn't impacted by the Mechon attacks. 

Furthermore, I'd like to see a few High Entia in this speculative Homs community then. Some Half-High Entia offspring and their full-blooded or also half-blood parents. Some were just born and raised here, others fled Alcamoth to avoid the general societal discrimination against them.

And, a totally unrelated SPOILERS question is now in my head concerning XC1:

Spoiler

Why was Dickson in Colony 9? Why did Zanza's giant servant choose to blend in with humanity and have them free his master's soul? Or at least, why now? The tower in Valak seems to have been abandoned for a very long time. And why didn't Dickson go alone?

And, how did everyone but Shulk die again? I thought the game said Zanza killed them, but how would he if he then chose to reside in Shulk for the next decade? I don't get why he'd physically manifest to kill them all and then take a long nap in a future nerd. Did he kill them as a purely spiritual being in a sword? Wouldn't the easier explanation be to have Dickson shoot them all in the back, and spare the weakest, most pliable of them all to serve as a host body? Or did someone in the exploration group grab the Monado and then go the way of Arglas(?) the giant and kill the rest?

And why is the anti-organic-intelligent-life-hurting restriction placed on the Monado anyhow to start? Was it to keep the host body, if one was necessary, from slashing itself apart? The negative feedback to keep others from swinging I understand though.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer thought you might like this

Not bad, it completes the pairing to have a Pandoria Margie recolor. Even though the whole "cousins" thing meant I didn't care for Bart being that way with her. 

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Cute.

And speaking of Shulk, I decided to take a look at XC2 again, just to see if I could do this "Dino Crisis" to get S&F across the dimensional boundary. I noticed they added four new level 95 Driver enemies Olthero Ruins, not going to try fighting them.

*Sees the first wave of enemies in Dino Drama is a lone level 110, gives up hope and dies in a half-minute*

Repeat for everything else that was unlocked by clearing the game in the Land of Challenge. Sure I attempted these things on Normal, and ultra-easy Custom exists, but I didn't feel like trying that yet, if I ever do. Is the postgame operating under the assumption of just 99 (not there yet) + maxed Affinity Charts + great Aux Cores I haven't made yet, or is it calling for these NG+ expanded Driver Affinity Charts too?

Also, why'd they pick Dino Drama to hide S&F of the postgame challenges? Is the final wave a giant t-rex with green feathers glued to its head named "Dinobeast"?

---

I've begun Soma Bringer after testing the startup menu months ago. My first character I wanted to play it safe with, so I went with Corps using Sword and Shield for durability. Because I liked the little bio description and his appearance, I picked Einsatz as my character. I've completed the First Act.

I like a class system with good customization, and reading the library notes, the game explains things pretty clearly. The game even tells you the damage modifiers of the various abilities, which I like because it informs you with no doubts as to what is truly strong. The skill point cap being 20 though means I avoided investing in anything beyond a single point before reaching level 10, just so I could see a wider selection of my options for investment.

• I'm going S&H physical attacks and support magic as the game offers as a suggestion, which means I'm putting my stat points in Str and Vit.
  • My one notable gameplay lack of info comes in the form of how much Skl affects my Block rates, I wish I knew this before I invest in the Block %+ skill, or if I should instead pick the Guard one. I can't see the potency of skills out of my reach either, but I can deal with that.
  • I'm was going back and forth about whether Heal or Healing is a better investment. Heal is an instant 870 for 27 SP. With Healing I get 160 seconds of 62 HP regen every ~4 seconds for only 8 SP, so ~2480 HP. Healing is a lot more efficient if I don't want to constantly chuck SP restoratives, but it's gradual and takes up the only Added Effect slot, which I could use for one of five other buffs the class gets.
    • However, I'm already at 700 HP, so Healing probably isn't going to suffice, Heal it'll have to be. SP reserves can only go up as the game progresses, even if my healing items supplies can too.

The absence of a Rest feature like Etrian Odyssey, where you can trade two levels for total skill point reallocation, weighs on my choices.

Soma Bringer looks colorful, the music suffices, the plot is fine if no Xeno so far (but are Visitors supposed to be Gnosis-inspired?), and the characters are inoffensive. I'm liking it.