• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

researching a rarely used method in a certain engineering field and apply it on systems it was never used on before

Can't say much more than that due to secrecy and stuff xD

Edited by Shrimperor

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am back 😄
So, what did i miss?

Welcome back!

While you were gone, i finished Atelier Ryza, me and Interdimensional Observer had Xeno discussions as usual (and he finally beat Xenoblade 2), DragonFlames tried and gave up on Thracia and Trails of Cold Steel 3 is getting ported to the Switch in Spring 2020.

Edited by Armagon

Worst thing about those 3 Weeks: I was THIRSTY for FE for some reason, and kept thinking how much i want to play FE xD

I even kept randomizing my T776 rom and then see the stats of my units then close the game because i had to work on my thesis xD

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Welcome back!

thanks 😄

finished Atelier Ryza

how was it? Hype justified?

Trails of Cold Steel 3 is getting ported to the Switch in Spring 2020.

Yup, was the news. Here's to another wave of ''can i start with this?'' questions in the fandom

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

how was it? Hype justified?

Yep. It almost beat Atelier Lulua as my favorite Atelier game but it lacked a bit in character events. By that i mean, the quality of the events was the same as in Lulua, there just wasn't as many. Quality over quantitiy but when quality is equal, then quantity matters.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, was the news. Here's to another wave of ''can i start with this?'' questions in the fandom

Well thankfully, it seems pretty much everyone is saying "no, you cannot start with this".

Though some are saying you just need the Cold Steel games even though CS3 assumes you've played every game up to that point.

Edited by Armagon

so a few month ago i started a FE4 randomizer, which i pick up again every now and then

my personal Highlights by chapter 2

Spoiler

Thiefy Boy Sigurd
rTgsUmE.png

whose role got stolen by ''THE POWER OF PURSUIT!''
t1W5WLJ.png

While Alec is as useless as in Vanilla FE4, Noish here is doing pretty well
8yrCraW.png

Problem: The randomized promotion is Figter, and the randomizer made Axes even more useless, as this picture of Ethlyn shows
4FwtnhP.png

That means i also had no healers for 2 full chapters, until my op Aideen got promoted
gG6Ut4Y.png
>Wrath, Pursuit, Adept, Paragon
nLAsaMV.png
Only Vantage remaining for complete OPness xD

Edited by Shrimperor

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I am back 😄
So, what did i miss?

Welcome back, Emperor of Shrimps!

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup

Was barely able to turn it in yesterday after 2 sleepless days and 3 tough weeks with a huge writing block

But i somehow did it 😄

Congratulations!
Hopefully you get a good grade, too.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Nice nice. Something to put in ''might pick up for xmas vacation'' list of games

Echoing what Armagon said, Atelier Ryza was fantastic. One of the most beautiful games I've played. Like him, I do prefer Lulua, but it's still great and definitely worth a shot.

And it's true that I tried and gave up on Thracia. Chapter 4 proved too much of a hurdle for me. xD

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

And if they aren't doing damage, they are dealing negative status effects. Spike damage in Xenoblade 1 was pretty bad because you never knew which enemy had it and what kind it was. Elemental Awakening from Torna is probably the only other thing that comes as close to being as bad because of how random it was.

Agreed. It doesn't help matters that the only way to stop it is with Aura Seal, which can only be inflicted by Purge, which really sucks when Shulk has better things to do with his Talent Gauge.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Welcome back, Emperor of Shrimps!

Congratulations!

Thanks Thanks  😄

Hopefully you get a good grade, too.

Thanks! I hope so, too, but i am not expecting anything better than a 2.0 (B to non german speakers). I can even imagine a 3.0 (C). Either way my Average will go down, the question is by how much.
Tbh, i really don't care and i just wanna pass. The writing block was huge (like 10 hours document open nothing written huge) and i am really mentally exhausted atm and don't wanna repeat/deal with this anymore. I always hate documenting stuff anyway.

Echoing what Armagon said, Atelier Ryza was fantastic. One of the most beautiful games I've played. Like him, I do prefer Lulua, but it's still great and definitely worth a shot.

Will try to find a x-mas deal then  😄

And it's true that I tried and gave up on Thracia.

Understandable, considering alot of the Kaga bs it has. For me the postives and mechanics far outweigh the Kaga bs, but i can see where you are coming from.

Chapter 4 proved too much of a hurdle for me. xD

But not so early xD

Especially since the Manster arc was my fav. in game, and i consider chapter 5 to be one of the best designed chapters in FE history.

After the Manster arc the game honestly isn't that difficult, mostly. Alot of the difficulty comes from Kaga BS, ie. lack of player information and reaction time. It's Bullshit game design, and some chapters i was considering dropping the game becuase of the BS if wasn't so late game (looking at you warping and attacking same turn reinforcements), but alot of T776's mechanics i really love so i love the game.

Could've done without the Kaga bs though.

Edited by Shrimperor

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Tbh, i really don't care and i just wanna pass. The writing block was huge (like 10 hours document open nothing written huge) and i am really mentally exhausted atm and don't wanna repeat/deal with this anymore. I always hate documenting stuff anyway.

That sounds very familiar. I know how it feels to sit there and stare at a blank paper (on screen) for hours on end. It sucks.
Get well soon!

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Understandable, considering alot of the Kaga bs it has. For me the postives and mechanics far outweigh the Kaga bs, but i can see where you are coming from.

But not so early xD

Especially since the Manster arc was my fav. in game, and i consider chapter 5 to be one of the best designed chapters in FE history.

After the Manster arc the game honestly isn't that difficult, mostly. Alot of the difficulty comes from Kaga BS, ie. lack of player information and reaction time. It's Bullshit game design, and some chapters i was considering dropping the game becuase of the BS if wasn't so late game (looking at you warping and attacking same turn reinforcements), but alot of T776's mechanics i really love so i love the game.

Could've done without the Kaga bs though.

I gave up on Chapter 4 for a few reasons. It gives you only one unit that can fight properly initially (Machua), though that unit is squishy and will die to the constant soldier onslaught when I run out of Vulneraries. The other two units are largely useless at combat, one gets one-shot by Javelins (Lara), the other can't hit the broad side of a barn (Brighton). Then there's Leif, Lithis, Fergus, and Karin (I think that's how you spell it. Either that or "Karen"), who come without equipment, so they're sitting ducks until you get gear for them from the chests.
My problem was that I couldn't free them and get them decked out soon enough before the reinforcements showed up and ruined everything. Not to mention that they capture the civilians and run off with them and if you miss a crucial attack, Brighton, then you lose out on one or two of them, Brighton. And my heart won't let me say "screw it!" and just let them waltz off with them, either.

Meanwhile the brigands with Lithis suicide on the Armor Knights at the top of the map if I try and free them first (to trade the Lockpick between Lara and Lithis and make the whole opening chests and doors thing faster). I thought opening that cell first would be advantageous, but when the Soldiers show up, the Brigands, whom I thought could help me against them, were already dead because the Armor Knights happened.

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was that I eventually learned that if Leif and Lithis' inventories have more than 13 items in them, you lose two of them at random. I lost the Light Brand and Flame Sword to that BS.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That sounds very familiar. I know how it feels to sit there and stare at a blank paper (on screen) for hours on end. It sucks.
Get well soon!

Thanks! I am much better now that i turned it in, but i don't wanna see any stuff related it for a while. I had some pretty dark/negative thoughs the last few weeks. They are gone now thankfully

I gave up on Chapter 4 for a few reasons. It gives you only one unit that can fight properly initially (Machua), though that unit is squishy and will die to the constant soldier onslaught when I run out of Vulneraries. The other two units are largely useless at combat, one gets one-shot by Javelins (Lara), the other can't hit the broad side of a barn (Brighton). Then there's Leif, Lithis, Fergus, and Karin (I think that's how you spell it. Either that or "Karen"), who come without equipment, so they're sitting ducks until you get gear for them from the chests.

Huh. I really don't remember ch4 being that hard. Lara could atleast survive a hit iirc, and you could rescue Leif & Co. before reinforcements pop up iirc. The key was protecting lara until she reaches there with some weapons.
The reinforcements in that chapter honestly supplied me with weapons for like 1/2 the game iirc xD
The truely hard part in ch4 is once you open the northern door. OOF. iirc 12 Enemy units was it? Armor + Mages?

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was that I eventually learned that if Leif and Lithis' inventories have more than 13 items in them, you lose two of them at random. I lost the Light Brand and Flame Sword to that BS.

I see. I think you should've seen a spoiler free guide before starting. Will migitate alot of the Kaga bs.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Huh. I really don't remember ch4 being that hard. Lara could atleast survive a hit iirc, and you could rescue Leif & Co. before reinforcements pop up iirc. The key was protecting lara until she reaches there with some weapons.
The truely hard part in ch4 is once you open the northern door. OOF. iirc 12 Enemy units was it? Armor + Mages?

OOF indeed.

I see. I think you should've seen a spoiler free guide before starting. Will migitate alot of the Kaga bs.

Yeah, I wanted to play the game as blindly as I possibly could. I only knew about some mechanics beforehand (like capturing, fatigue, ambush spawns and staves missing), nothing else. Shame on me, I guess. 😛

Still, up until that point, I enjoyed the game very much. Movement stars are an interesting concept, as is the fact that units' Constitution can get better (that would help so many units in the GBA games, I swear...). I also loved how you got two very powerful weapons (a Brave Lance and a Brave Axe) practically for free in the very first chapter.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Movement stars are an interesting concept, as is the fact that units' Constitution can get better (that would help so many units in the GBA games, I swear...).

As i said, i love LOVE alot of T776 Mechanics. Sadly, it comes with alot of BS as well.

I would recomend this game without a very small guide with hints due to alot of the cryptic bs it had.

Like do you know the game actually punishes you sometimes for playing efficiently? Some Units with items/abilities only appear after a certain turn, and if you clear the map fast enough (and i am not talking about warp skipping here) you would've never known about them

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I also loved how you got two very powerful weapons (a Brave Lance and a Brave Axe) practically for free in the very first chapter.

Ah Thracia's PRF weapons. Love them. Like every 3rd unit has a powerful PRF or something.

Don't tell me you missed the Pugi xD

Like do you know the game actually punishes you sometimes for playing efficiently? Some Units with items/abilities only appear after a certain turn, and if you clear the map fast enough (and i am not talking about warp skipping here) you would've never known about them

RIP speedrunners. XD

Don't tell me you missed the Pugi xD

No, I got the Pugi just fine (the new translation patch calls it the "Bhuj", which, according to my research is a type of knife from the areas of Sindh and Gujarat that is also known as an axe knife). It's strong, yes, but I feel like getting freaking Brave weapons in Chapter 1 is slightly more impressive, honestly. Makes for very easy capturing, too. I was planning to use both Finn and Dagdar mainly for that exact purpose.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

It's strong, yes, but I feel like getting freaking Brave weapons in Chapter 1 is slightly more impressive, honestly. Makes for very easy capturing, too.

And exactly how i used them, especially Finny Boy + Brave Lance

But here are some Pics of PRF weapons you missed (Spoilers for character who join you)

Spoiler

Leify boy gets this at the end of the game
ZACSnlf.png

This guy joins you at 4x with the probably most used Bosskiller in the game
AhWWjJs.png
Brave Magic. Considering Thrones give +10 Def, and most units have low magic, this is powerful stuff
g4lV67V.png

Nanna comes with her Mother's Sword. Jugdral doesn't only havE NosfeJulia, but NosfeNanna as well
7G8dpkA.png

look at this, just look at it. This Girls also gets some of the most powerful skills in the game.
31oUFF4.png

Remember Beo?
dzG9Y24.png

Brave Vantage lmao
ycAdSXw.png

And our good friend Ced straight outta FE4
J4XCqMH.png

As you can see, strong Stuff xD

7 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

What is the best of Marty's zero skill and speed? 

He has no loss when trying to capture.

Rescue/Capture in T776 halves all stats, not only Speed and skill 😉