Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And exactly how i used them, especially Finny Boy + Brave Lance

But here are some Pics of PRF weapons you missed (Spoilers for character who join you)

Reveal hidden contents

Leify boy gets this at the end of the game
ZACSnlf.png

This guy joins you at 4x with the probably most used Bosskiller in the game
AhWWjJs.png
Brave Magic. Considering Thrones give +10 Def, and most units have low magic, this is powerful stuff
g4lV67V.png

Nanna comes with her Mother's Sword. Jugdral doesn't only havE NosfeJulia, but NosfeNanna as well
7G8dpkA.png

look at this, just look at it. This Girls also gets some of the most powerful skills in the game.
31oUFF4.png

Remember Beo?
dzG9Y24.png

Brave Vantage lmao
ycAdSXw.png

And our good friend Ced straight outta FE4
J4XCqMH.png

As you can see, strong Stuff xD

This puts every other PRF weapon in other games to shame, holy shit.

26 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

What is the best of Marty's zero skill and speed? 

He has no loss when trying to capture.

I used Marty Party to transfer and release mooks whose items I had already stolen. I'm still convinced the guy is a joke character more than anything, but at least he was good for that. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This puts every other PRF weapon in other games to shame, holy shit.

Yup!

And the amout of (Re)Warps you can get in this game is more that all the warps you get in all FE combined together.

There's even a Map that's build around the player having access to so much warping. I fucking loved that Map. Warping around like that is hella fun.

I saw many enemies with 0 AS and I was like "hey, at least I'm not getting doubled!" XD
After the Swordmasters and Assassins in Three Houses, this was actually pretty refreshing to see. Also good for capturing, since it makes it pretty easy for people with high Con and attack, such as Finn and Dagdar.

Then again, your units have that same problem. Leif's Light Brand is heavy as hell.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

There's even a Map that's build around the player having access to so much warping. I fucking loved that Map. Warping around like that is hella fun.

I can see that.
Whenever I played Fates, I made sure to get the Warp skill on as many people as possible. It's hilarious. XD

Chapter 22 is the perfect example how to use warp properly.

Either you do it like I did in my first run and wait for about 60 turns and burn four hours till Cyas leaves the map, or you use Asvel to kill the boss in the first turn and steal Reinhardt's goodies before Leif seizes.

Also I love the enemy*s staff chain in chapter 24.

Edited by Zemuria

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Whenever I played Fates, I made sure to get the Warp skill on as many people as possible. It's hilarious. XD

don't you only get like 1 Witch seal per run?

Just now, Zemuria said:

Chapter 22 is the perfect example how to use warp properly

I warp skipped alot of the late game Maps. They weren't really that fun tbh and just had an annoying surprise after the next. Which lead me to just warp Pugi/Grafcalibur to deal with them

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

don't you only get like 1 Witch seal per run?

If you have the DLC (shame on me for buying into that for that game, but I have it, so I'mma use it, too!) you get a map where you can farm more. There are some reinforcements spawning on turn 11, I think it was that carry a Warp tome that lets you teach that skill to those who can't be a Witch (i.e. every male unit).

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

shame on me for buying into that for that game

Why xD
Some of the DLC there are really good.

Heirs of Fate (The one with kids, 6 chapters) is really damn fun and made me love the Kids much much more than their Parents (even though Vanilla Fates made me hate the Kids). Heirs of Fate expanded is what revelations should've been, as it is basically a sequel to Birthright and Conquest. Some of the spins on the maps are superb, too!

Also, Elincia's Gambit Map 👌

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

And it really should be given how slow Affinity builds in Xenoblade 1. More often than not, i'd find Heart-to-Hearts only for the game to be like "nope, you need this level of Affinity". I'm so glad Xenoblade 2 got rid of Affinity requirements for Heart-to-Hearts. Hopefully XenoblaDE follows suit.

Ahem again to this.

It appears you need 5000 points to hit max Affinity between two characters in XC1, with everyone starting with 500 with each other. Love Sources give a mere 100 points per gifting. Not exactly the ~1/3rd of the way to max Trust XC2 Love Sources provide.

Affinity requirements for HtHs in XCX weren't exactly enjoyable either, though postgame unlocks Support Missions that let you grind it up at a decent though not lightning fast pace if you use just a few Skell AoE attacks to kill everything quickly. Another Support Mission can feed your fuel needs if you need Miranium to replenish it.

But even with Support Missions there is still the issue of...

Spoiler

Lao. Can't benefit from Support Missions if he leaves before they unlock (barring in Japan, where Support Missions were available any time- but you had to buy them as paid DLC).

The good thing is that Lao's HtH's aren't necessary for completing the Miran Survey. This is unlike everyone else not the Japan DLC quartet. Though I do like how Lao's final HtH foreshadows his explanation for betrayal.

There was one small detail I liked about XCX HtHs. That being that you can find NPCs talking about seeing the characters at Y place doing Z thing. The downside of this is that you don't know where a character's HtHs will happen and when until you find the appropriate little golden speech bubbles. Though once you do, their location hexes gets their heart, time, and dog/cat if necessary requirements filled in.

What was likable about it, was that you got a little sense that other people in the world knew about the characters and had an idea of what everyone was doing in their free time. Since unlike XC1 and 2 where everyone is tightly knit once they join, heroes not on the active team are set loose to return to NLA and do whatever they want. I'd rather the HtH locations be made known from the start though.

Makes me think they could have done a teeny bit of stuff in Garfront with all your unengaged Blades popping up there.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

and the Cross in the video was using long-range weapons.

"When you're fighting flying indigens, that's when guns really shine... But you really like your melee weapons, huh."

-I liked this Affinity Chart quip from Elma.

Then why doesn't she throw them her Dual Guns instead of the Dual Swords as her weapon?

The Full Metal Jaguar Special BTW has XCX's Dual Guns' Executioner art and Elma's signature Shadowstrike mixed into it. I didn't pay enough attention to see if anything else was. But I've done enough Executioners to know it when I've seen it.

---

Zenobia's Affinity Chart isn't so bad to fill out, though I've been scatterbrained about it, mixing in completion of Heart to Hearts and filling in other Affinity Charts. But I'm over halfway through it.

I've taken a break for the very moment from XC2 because the game suddenly crashed on me, an extreme rarity. Fortunately, all I have to redo is Vale's HtH, and get Sheba, Poppibuster, Fiora, and Dagas back to max Trust- and this time I ain't being cheap and spamming 100 Indoline Teas because Sheba only has 1000 Trust left to get, I've supplies for 16 Love Sources in reserve, I can afford to be semi-wasteful with them.

Kora's HtH is a little weird if you gave her to Nia, as I did.😆 Even Morag would've made more sense, given I had just witnessed her Pandoria HtH beforehand. Speaking of which, I did not pick the joke option of Morag thinking Pandoria was attracted to her. Monolith, when are you going to give us an HtH Viewer, with the dialogue branch included? Three games in without one is three strikes too many! 

Seriously, we shouldn't have to reset the game every time we want to see the alternative choice dialogue, twice if we picked the "right" dialogue the first time.

---

Anyone read the SF main page for the new TMS info?

• All old DLC (minus swimsuit😥) is expectable.
  • A little more character development is nice 
  • One, maybe more bonus dungeons is good
  • Tiki being able to Session off any spell and Barry and Maiko being able to Session off any weapon isn't as good as them being playable, but still very flexible. Hopefully this will help Mamori, who only had Itsuki with an Ex/El-level Session skill off of Axe.
  • You can remove Itsuki from the active cast!........................................

....on NG+ only.

😑

Back to XC2, today's breakfast, lunch, and dinner for me, but not dessert, that's carrot cake.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why xD
Some of the DLC there are really good.

Heirs of Fate (The one with kids, 6 chapters) is really damn fun and made me love the Kids much much more than their Parents (even though Vanilla Fates made me hate the Kids). Heirs of Fate expanded is what revelations should've been, as it is basically a sequel to Birthright and Conquest. Some of the spins on the maps are superb, too!

Also, Elincia's Gambit Map 👌

Excellent points and I agree to all of them. Especially to the Heirs of Fate should have been Revelation bit.
The answer to your question is the following: I'm usually not a fan of DLC that is needed to understand important plot points and I usually dislike the idea of DLC that should have been part of the main game to begin with.
That I bought the DLC despite this mindset of mine makes me feel a bit hypocritical, is all.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The answer to your question is the following: I'm usually not a fan of DLC that is needed to understand important plot points and I usually dislike the idea of DLC that should have been part of the main game to begin with.
That I bought the DLC despite this mindset of mine makes me feel a bit hypocritical, is all.

It really depends with on the DLC tbh

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It really depends with on the DLC tbh

Same with me, usually.
I'm fine with the DLC characters for MegaNep VII, because they really do feel like extras. I'm fine with the DLC maps in Awakening, because it feels like actual bonus content. Fates' stuff is a gray area in that regard, I feel like.

@DragonFlames and @Shrimperor yo, new Neptunia game announced. It's a spin-off though. https://gematsu.com/2019/11/neptunia-game-vvvtunia-announced-for-ps4. It has an idol theme like Producing Perfection but unlike Prodcuing Perfection, it appears to be an actual game instead of just a dumb idol-sim. PS4 only at the moment, which is odd but whatever.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It appears you need 5000 points to hit max Affinity between two characters in XC1, with everyone starting with 500 with each other. Love Sources give a mere 100 points per gifting. Not exactly the ~1/3rd of the way to max Trust XC2 Love Sources provide.

Doesn't help that Affinity is the only thing that doesn't build with inactive party members, even though everything else does. Which was definitly a problem with Sharla once her usefulness in the party disapears.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Monolith, when are you going to give us an HtH Viewer, with the dialogue branch included? Three games in without one is three strikes too many! 

I'm honestly shocked they still haven't done this. Granted, it took them three games to get a cutscene viewer as well but still. 

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Fates' stuff is a gray area in that regard, I feel like.

Aside from the routes being locked, i'd argue Fates' DLC leads more into the territory of extra content. Echoes' DLC is the gray area stuff. And then Three Houses just dropped the ball immensly on it's DLC.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Saw the news about it yup. Kinda want a new main game though

They keep making so many spin-offs that i can only assume that this is all just ties us over until mainline returns.

But next year would've been the 10th anniversary so why we aren't getting a mainline game there confuses me.

Saw Xenoblade 1 for 12 € in the EU e-shop. 

Though this requires a Wii U. 

If this consoles had more decent games, I would exchange if for the Wii. 

Saw a used Wii U for 49 € at GameStop. 

But then again it will come out for Switch next year. 

I have learned my lesson from CSIII and will be patient.

No more consoles I do not need...