The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

On Breath of the Wild, they discovered another glitch fairly recently.

Shoot an arrow right before a cutscene loads at where a boss would be, and the arrow will damage the enemy through the cutscene. Given the cutscene before the final boss is long, you can kill them instantly this way when the battle actually begins.

But, I like this glitch more:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

>Gets on bus to go to college

>Second bus is late so I decide to remain on the first bus for a different route

>First bus gets stuck in traffic jam

>I still have two more busses after this

>I have made a terrible mistake

I've heard Japan has waivers for school/work you can get if your train doesn't make it on time, other parts of the world should adopt these. How to make them credible and convincing to your professor/boss though?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is the KOS-MOS figurine that came with the special edition of Xenosaga Episode II, only in Japan. Understandbly so, many fans hated the figurine and it went as far as getting a nickname: MOC-COS iirc, which by the way, mocos is the Spanish word for mucus (there's a singular version of the word as well, moco). The more you know.

No wonder, the game must be cursed.

One general question about KOS-MOS, I'm noticing that figurine, her XC2 self, another depiction of her I've seen, and this one:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20091226180937

...all look different from each other.

For the above image of KOS-MOS, her one page in-game bio says "This body is v.4.". And T-elos suggested to me at one point that she had destroyed KOS-MOS's prior body. Then, I stumbled on one poster on another website years ago who, without explaining it, I think said that KOS-MOS using D-Teneritas in this body has some XS canonicity problem.

So, when it comes to crossovers, from what you know, does KOS-MOS tend to get depicted in one body more than another?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard Japan has waivers for school/work you can get if your train doesn't make it on time, other parts of the world should adopt these. How to make them credible and convincing to your professor/boss though?

Oh I actually wasn't gonna be late for anything. I just had to return a textbook I rented since today is the last day of the semester. But still, traffic jams suck.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, when it comes to crossovers, from what you know, does KOS-MOS tend to get depicted in one body more than another?

I believe it's her fourth body that gets used for whenever KOS-MOS crosses over. Her Xenoblade 2 design is an original design but it's partially based off her Episode I appearance. T-elos' Xeno lade 2 design is also different.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One general question about KOS-MOS, I'm noticing that figurine, her XC2 self, another depiction of her I've seen, and this one:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20091226180937

...all look different from each other.

For the above image of KOS-MOS, her one page in-game bio says "This body is v.4.". And T-elos suggested to me at one point that she had destroyed KOS-MOS's prior body. Then, I stumbled on one poster on another website years ago who, without explaining it, I think said that KOS-MOS using D-Teneritas in this body has some XS canonicity problem.

Most of the crossovers featuring KOS-MOS use her v.4 design (the only one that doesn't to my knowledge is Namco x Capcom, which also featured MOMO and Shion Uzuki).

Edited by Shadow Mir

18 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I see you fell in love with ex-evil waifu xD

Would it surprise you if I said "kind of"?

20 hours ago, Zemuria said:

@Shrimperor @DragonFlames

Is the Switch version of Fairy Fencer Advent Dark Force available digital only? 

Because I cannot find a hard copy of the Switch version. 

However the digital version seems to be more favorable than the PS4 version.

9 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Yeah, I saw it is limited (right cover). 

Anyways bought from the E-shop. 

35 € is not a bad price. 

Sorry for the late reply. I only ever saw it digitally.
35 € is a good price for the game, certainly.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And ordered a Switch 😄

Soon ™️i will join the Edelwars 😄

Edelgard is great. So are the other two.
If you get the game, start with the house you feel will give you the characters you like the most.

---

Speaking of Edelgard...
Who said Lysithea was the only one? (Spoilered because there are those who haven't played the game yet).

hk75HpF.jpg

There's this 4chan """""leak""""" going around that KOS-MOS will be the fifth Smash Ultimate DLC character. Because it's 4chan, i don't buy it but man, KOS-MOS in Smash would be cool because that means the probability of having this song in Smash

If KOS-MOS somehow does get into Smash, y'all legally obligated to play the Xenosaga trilogy (you can just watch the cutscenes for Episode II though, no one should be forced to actually play through that game).

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If KOS-MOS somehow does get into Smash, y'all legally obligated to play the Xenosaga trilogy (you can just watch the cutscenes for Episode II though, no one should be forced to actually play through that game).

But how can I be legally obligated to play it if I can't play it legally? I've already watched some cutscenes from Episode I if that appeases you, but I haven't done so recently since I've been busy.

I apparently put 225 hours into Three Houses despite being only halfway through Crimson Flower, Xenoblade 2 meanwhile is at 255 hours. The playtime on my file is at 197 hours so I'm not sure where those extra 28 hours came from. I also let Jeritza finally get revenge on Lysithea for bullying him so much (though he was nice enough to spare her afterwards), which made not recruiting her in the academy worth it.

I'd be okay with KOS-MOS, but c'mon, Elma! Barring the fact she can't compete for the 5th because all 3rd party and Miss Anti-Gnosis is that while Elma ain't. And KOS-MOS would probably play a bit more uniquely than Elma.

Elma would be better than Blade Climber & Puma though.😛

---

Surprisingly, it wasn't so hard to farm a lot of the Augment stuff for the ultimate battle. Breaking appendages guaranteeing the drop of at least one of a given material with every kill seriously helped. Still need Tickets for some of the materials, but I've a lot of the good already.

I was flipping through the completed Collectopedia between farming every so often, nothing too interesting. Except for this:

latest?cb=20160103213146

Nopolith

"A rectangular stone monument of perfect black. According to Nopon folklore, it brings great wisdom to any who dare touch it."

I wish I had done something to make finding the posts of my SRW playthroughs easier to find. Sure, it's sometimes just the matter of searching keywords since it's rare that someone other than me have typed them... but still...

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was flipping through the completed Collectopedia between farming every so often, nothing too interesting. Except for this:

latest?cb=20160103213146

Nopolith

"A rectangular stone monument of perfect black. According to Nopon folklore, it brings great wisdom to any who dare touch it."

Soon the Nopon will start a company called Nopolith Soft.

Ok but like, that's just a calculator tho.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I apparently put 225 hours into Three Houses despite being only halfway through Crimson Flower, Xenoblade 2 meanwhile is at 255 hours. The playtime on my file is at 197 hours so I'm not sure where those extra 28 hours came from.

If I remember correctly, I remember reading something about how the Switch can sometimes record play time while in sleep mode. So that could be it. At any rate, what the game says is more accurate than what the Switch says.

@Interdimensional Observer
Let's see... today I did 20, 21, and 22. (I was going to do more but my computer randomly reset on me right afterwards, so that plan kinda fell flat.)
20 was a bit annoying, I managed to get the Save staff with minimal issues. 
21 was a bit annoying, but it wasn't too hard to manage.
And 22 was very easy.

I was going for the Leteena recruitment, but I might have messed it up... somehow? 
I went to Verge as soon as I got control back of Holmes, but the event didn't trigger for some reason? (Yes, I did the previous steps, although I had to come back a bit later for step 2 with the Elixir, than what SF says, but I still got it). And right now it seems I'm stuck on a path to chapter 23, as I can't turn back, so... I hope I can still turn back and get the event after 23 but before the next reunion, but if I had messed it up somehow, it's fine, it's not too big of a deal, just something I would have liked to do.

Edited by Caster

1 minute ago, Caster said:

I was going for the Leteena recruitment, but I might have messed it up... somehow? 
I went to Verge as soon as I got control back of Holmes, but the event didn't trigger for some reason? (Yes, I did the previous steps, although I had to come back a bit later for step 2 with the Elixir, than what SF says, but I still got it. And right now it seems I'm stuck on a path to chapter 23, as I can't turn back, so... I hope I can still turn back and get the event after 23 but before the next reunion, but if I had messed it up somehow, it's fine, it's not too big of a deal, just something I would have liked to do.

SF uses the rough original translation of everything still, Elixir is what originally was called the Healing Drop. The fan translation changed the name to make things more familiar with FE naming standards.

I'm sorry I didn't mention that before.:>_<: I apologize if I'm to blame for your failure to get Leteena.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

SF uses the rough original translation of everything still, Elixir is what originally was called the Healing Drop. The fan translation changed the name to make things more familiar with FE naming standards.

I'm sorry I didn't mention that before.:>_<: I apologize if I'm to blame for your failure to get Leteena.

I don't think it's your fault, I think the guide for it on SF is a bit wrong, since I checked FEWoD today and it said there is another step between the elixir and chapter 19-23, from 15-16 with a miracle charm/whatever it's called in this translation, so I don't think it's your fault.

Basically, just don't blame yourself because the guide on SF was incorrect, which was what I was using. And I did the Elixir event, so you didn't do anything wrong, there.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Warpkill time! Asbel, Olwen and Leif to clear the field

Berserkhardt into Sleephardt b/c Conen is better. It's funnier, a testament to his strength, and humiliating all at the same time. Only problem you have to waste extra staff charges or go Miranda route.

That Reinhardt is memorable in Thracia, isn't entirely because of himself, it's also because Thracia is just lacking for good villains. I wouldn't want him playable myself. The Michalis move with FE12 isn't something I'm entirely in love with either, considering his sacrifice gave him more meaning/redemption than joining your army so late he could do next to nothing.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'd say, regarding Michalis... well, as much as redeemable he thinks it is to have sacrificed his life to make up if even a little for what he did before... it's also quite selfish. As if it would really do good for his sisters to basically commit suicide. Since that's what his death in New Mystery is. He wasn't fatally wounded; but it was still grave. He simply chose to forgo being healed. The fact Minerva talks him out of it shows that, no, it's not really that good of a decision.

Maybe it's just me; but I'd think that death is taking the easy way out than making amends in life. Could be. Maybe. It's a heavy case-by-case thing, this.

Hmm, now, admittedly, I don't know if this was also the case in the original, or they retcon Michalis's injuries to open the possibility of him surviving. Might check later.

Edited by Acacia Sgt